purpledragonclaw

The Congrats Thread, V6

Had 3 successful adventures today, out of 14 tries.

That brings my CB Scourgekeeper collection to 109.

On 1/1/2023 at 4:41 PM, PrincessLucy said:

I fully admit to being a hoarder.

I finally broke the 500 Holly mark (currently 517 Hollies (many frozen). Remember the days when we would constantly refresh the AP with barely a sighting?

Ohhh, yeah, I remember the days when finding a perfect stair/spiral Holly in the AP was harder than finding a Gold, and even a ~relatively~ tidy stair or spiral was something to get excited about!  :)  I still remember how thrilled I was when I got my hands on these two.  Oh, and this guy! 

Congrats on your growing Holiday Hoard!  :)

Edited by sorenna

6 hours ago, sorenna said:

Ohhh, yeah, I remember the days when finding a perfect stair/spiral Holly in the AP was harder than finding a Gold, and even a ~relatively~ tidy stair or spiral was something to get excited about!  :)  I still remember how thrilled I was when I got my hands on these two.  Oh, and this guy! 

Congrats on your growing Holiday Hoard!  :)

Lol, remember the days of refreshing like mad trying to even see a Holly in the  AP, let alone catch one? I played with dial-up internet for far too long.

Now I have 237 2nd gen Hollies. Some are misgendered.  164 of mine need mates to be able to drop some pretty checkers.

Oh, yeah, we all refreshed like mad trying to spot the elusive Holly eggs!  That's where at least one of my 'prized' Holly stair lineages I linked came from.   :)  The other two came from the 'collect caveblocker commons to earn a Holly' contest - remember that? 

I'm locked for the next couple days, but happy to breed some 2G Holly mates if you drop me a PM.  :)

21 minutes ago, sorenna said:

Oh, yeah, we all refreshed like mad trying to spot the elusive Holly eggs!  That's where at least one of my 'prized' Holly stair lineages I linked came from.   :)  The other two came from the 'collect caveblocker commons to earn a Holly' contest - remember that? 

I'm locked for the next couple days, but happy to breed some 2G Holly mates if you drop me a PM.  :)

One of my Hollies came from a Holly contest where I got a Holly from a prize, but years later, that prize was killed off. Luckily I already had a replacement mate but the time I realized that there was an issue.

Thank you for the offer, I may take you up on it one day. 

Just bred a perfect palindrome code saTas and is an actual word in sanskrit meaning equally. Rather ironic!

Being so new I was completely excited when my first dragon got to adulthood 

Wow @CHARDOG99 you give me a lofty goal to aspire to!

Right now after clicking around like crazy, one of my "side goals" is to come up with obscure phrases as names so that my lair ends up like a giant tangle of Haiku.

My most recent "yippee" moment was I had one of each gender of adults (RNG has a sense of humor) and no eggs, but at least they were willing to interact, so that's good.

3 minutes ago, ShadowMistaken said:

HOLY MOLY JESUS CHRIST WHAT

As a newbie I have to ask  - what are you seeing there that is so exciting?

Congrats to everyone here with all your dragon goals, 💖 and I have finally reached 10,000 grown dragons on my scroll! :D

Edited by dragongrrl

Just realized that I unlocked the pillow dragon egg in the market. 

Yeah this will have to wait after I get some more reds and a pink and try for Valentines dragons and and - 

But they are so ridiculously cute, I was just happy to see that option! 

i turned a CB sapp yellow!

now for the other problem child... guess i'll be stalking the AP for weeks, if not months.

One of my Dark Greens alted!!! 🤗

I also got a Royal Blue, rather than yet another Royal Crimson, for my Royal Eminence Fail line. :)

Wasn't sure I was going to be able to accept a trade - I was locked, and the timers on the hatchie I was hoping to snag (who was really close to maturing), and my three "almost ready to mature" in nest (was waiting on any of them to make room) at the time were really really close.

Kept my phone with me, and kept randomly trying to accept and low and behold it happened! Yippie for the newly welcomed Red, who I think I want to name in some way to commemorate this.

On 2/2/2023 at 6:26 PM, newtinmpls said:

Just realized that I unlocked the pillow dragon egg in the market. 

Yeah this will have to wait after I get some more reds and a pink and try for Valentines dragons and and - 

But they are so ridiculously cute, I was just happy to see that option! 

They are cute, but, yeah, wait until after Valentine's Day breeding ends.

This is a good time for you to concentrate on getting past that 50 grown mark so you can get an extra egg slot, especially with Valentine's coming up.

I got a couple of needed mates this week. Hooray!

Edited by PrincessLucy

2 hours ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

It took almost 12 years but I finally got the platinum trophy!!

Congrats! The first thousand is the hardest. It is a piece of cake after that.

On 1/31/2023 at 10:04 AM, newtinmpls said:

Being so new I was completely excited when my first dragon got to adulthood 

And congrats on getting your bronze trophy.

I finally caught a CB Silver! Took me long enough. (Off and on player for 10+ years)