The Dragoness

Glittering Gold Giveaways [STATUS: CLOSED]

Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to wait the full 24 hours before offering it, so I went ahead and offered it on the raffle with a note to the organizer that it might be pulled. I offered it because I honestly thought I'd be safe doing so... only to have someone claim it late.

Your suggestion of an extra line re holding time after raffle closing makes sense although I do think that most people understand that if a prize goes unclaimed that chances are it would go somewhere else and not expect it to be available for another 24 hours still.

I think you might be referring to the Copper Tinselkin hatchie I just received from you? Hun, if it was offered to another raffle I'd be more than happy to return it so that it could go where it was intended ..

I fully understand that it takes up a lot of space to hold donations; especially after the draw. So when I enquired if it was still available it was just on a flyer ~ I really would not have minded if I wasn't lucky enough and if the egg/hatchie had found another home. As it was I didn't enter the draw for it I only decided to ask in light of Dragoness posting that there were still some unclaimed prizes available and to PM her if interested.

I would really hate to be the reason another Raffle group is let down! Thank you for sending the little to me, however I will happily pass him/her along to a new home if indeed this is what you are referring to.

@CharonDusk - Uggh, shame sweets! sorry to hear that the view bombing is possibly still going on. It makes it very difficult to have links out and not be able to protect eggs sad.gif

I think you might be referring to the Copper Tinselkin hatchie I just received from you? Hun, if it was offered to another raffle I'd be more than happy to return it so that it could go where it was intended ..

I fully understand that it takes up a lot of space to hold donations; especially after the draw. So when I enquired if it was still available it was just on a flyer ~ I really would not have minded if I wasn't lucky enough and if the egg/hatchie had found another home. As it was I didn't enter the draw for it I only decided to ask in light of Dragoness posting that there were still some unclaimed prizes available and to PM her if interested.

I would really hate to be the reason another Raffle group is let down! Thank you for sending the little to me, however I will happily pass him/her along to a new home if indeed this is what you are referring to.

Aw, no please don't feel bad! At least you wanted it, lol. Nobody had entered for it yet in the other raffle either, so no harm done. =)

It's just that it's just as much fun for donators to see their donations be raffled, at least in my case. =)

Besides, in the end, at the very least, I learn more of what type of shinies people want and know what to just abandon to the AP next time. ^^

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Aw, no please don't feel bad! At least you wanted it, lol. Nobody had entered for it yet in the other raffle either, so no harm done. =)

It's just that it's just as much fun for donators to see their donations be raffled, at least in my case. =)

Besides, in the end, at the very least, I learn more of what type of shinies people want and know what to just abandon to the AP next time. ^^

Coolio, Thank you again! smile.gif Sweet little copper-bum-bum is mine then wub.gif.

Can I request that donators don't have to hold unclaimed eggs for so long? I had one egg which nobody entered for. That's fine, I wasn't hurt or anything, simply no one was interested in the lineage - unsurprising since it'll be hard to find a mate for. However, I really wanted to offer it on another raffle for which it fit the theme, particularly because it'd now been on my scroll for so long I went ahead and hatched it, and I knew someone would be more likely to take it as a hatchling. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to wait the full 24 hours before offering it, so I went ahead and offered it on the raffle with a note to the organizer that it might be pulled. I offered it because I honestly thought I'd be safe doing so... only to have someone claim it late. It's my own fault, but now it has to be pulled from the raffle. The organizer kindly offered a replacement prize in its stead, but it's not the same lineage and it's not a hatchling, so it's kind of a bummer for the other raffle.

I'd just like to be able to gift unclaimed donations sooner. No one wanted it in this raffle, but it's a good possibility that I know someone that would love it or that there's another raffle going on where I can now offer a hatchling.

Maybe another line in the donator's form where donators can answer if they are willing to hold the donation for 24 hours after the raffle if it goes unclaimed. If people say no but then are still willing, they could always post or offer a link in this thread.

Again, I do take full responsibility, and I understand if other donators feel differently. I'd just like the option. ^^;;

I don't use the donation form anymore, so I can't include a special option for that, although I do like the idea. However, donators are free already to AP unclaimed prizes right away if they wish. Some prefer to hold onto them just in case, which is why I make it clear that they may still be up for grabs. If not, there's still no harm in asking within a reasonable amount of time (24 hours). But I agree that 24 hours is a long time and most prizes won't be claimed anyhow, so I'll drop that part next time.

I'll see if I can word the second post so that donators know about this in the future.

If you'd like, I can breed a replacement for it for that other raffle. I happen to have a 2G Silver Tinsel x Red Copper, but he won't be able to breed for 6 days. I don't mind sending a hatchling to the winner smile.gif

Okay, so the Golden Wyvern x Ribbon Dancer was left unclaimed, so if anyone wants it, please PM me smile.gif Also, the winner of the Bronze Shimmer x Winter Seasonal failed to pick it up, so it's also up for a new home. Both have been correctly influenced and are almost hatched.

Edit; Both have now been rehomed smile.gif

Edited by CharonDusk

Okay, so the Golden Wyvern x Ribbon Dancer was left unclaimed, so if anyone wants it, please PM me smile.gif Also, the winner of the Bronze Shimmer x Winter Seasonal failed to pick it up, so it's also up for a new home. Both have been correctly influenced and are almost hatched.

I would love to have the Bronze Shimmer.

Now Accepting Donations!

This week's theme is Easter! As usual, donations can be sent to me by PM (don't forget to label the prizes somewhere). Possible ideas might include pastel or Spring-ish dragons, such as:

Spring Seasonals

Pinks

Arias

Purples

Azure Glacewings

Daydreams

Chickens (Easter eggs, anyone?)

Day Glory Drakes

Soulpeaces

Tetras

Sunrises

Please do not send multiple PMs. This goes for all raffles. My inbox fills up rather quickly.

Edited by The Dragoness

I sent my donations as well. happy.gif

Edit: Dragoness I deleted my first PM and send another with some more donations, I hope it doesn't cause any trouble with your inbox

Edited by Aleoleo

;-; I'm too full of eggs to donate this time around. Though the best I could have offered were prizes or valentine kin.

No Longer Accepting Donations!

Thank you for the festive eggs/hatchlings, donators! I'll have the raffle up shortly smile.gif

Missed the cutoff, I guess. I was hoping the egg I picked up in the cave would be off cooldown in time but it still has another hour.

The Raffle is Now Open!

Good luck, everyone! It's a smaller raffle than usual, but the prizes come in all sorts of cheery colors; perfect for an Easter raffle! The raffle will close at the usual time tomorrow (8:00 PM EST), but I won't have internet access on Sunday, so donators may post free-for-all links to unclaimed prizes in the thread if they wish. However, no one should feel obligated to hold on to unwanted prizes smile.gif

Ahh shucks o3o I completely missed the donation period again; I really got to get better with that. Well, at least I'm on time for the raffle; there are some pretty neat things up in here

Dragoness, there is an error in the entry form under the lineaged dragons. The 2G Ultraviolet x Purple #1 has the same lineage URL as the 2G Gaia x Terrae.

Dragoness, there is an error in the entry form under the lineaged dragons. The 2G Ultraviolet x Purple #1 has the same lineage URL as the 2G Gaia x Terrae.

Thanks for letting me know!

Happy Easter to All!

I'm sorry, due to family visits and Easter commitments I missed the Donation cut-off sad.gif have a few bred and CB that I was planning to send ~ will distribute on Departures as soon as I can

Good Luck smile.gif

user posted image

Entered! wub.gif

I'm so sorry I missed the donation time, I keep forgetting dry.gif Next time I'll make sure to be there

Entered, good luck everyone, and Happy Easter to all! laugh.gif