dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

I separated data from sheet to particular days of lunar cycle (day 1 starts at 7 or 8 PM [including daylight saving time] when phases of both moons change to Full) and this is what I got:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Top row of x axis label shows day number, second row is phase of Cirion and the bottom one is phase of Aurax.

Sooo, I'm adding other charts  biggrin.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Tinypic is giving me problems, so I'm changing the links to images so I can see them.

Oh wow! That's quite the deal maker!

Too bad the data for bred eggs is too scattered to see clearly.

But it does point to the Cirion Lunar cycle controlling the Luminae breeding, with Luminae becoming the most available closest to the Cirion Full Moon, and Dark Luminae becoming the most available closest to the Cirion New Moon.

I'm glad someone was on top off this. I completely dropped tho ball on it.

I'd say the "bred" data is not scattered enough xd.png So I guess we can state that the chances at one or the other type of Lumina is scaling with the amount of Cirion light, with an influx of ratios old vs. new.

I added a subsheet with my counting to the Shokomon's spreadsheet (hope it's ok).

I also created the chart there, but the ones I posted here look better for me.

And, just in case, sorry for grammar. I'm not good in English grammar.

Edited by Verse

I added a subsheet with my counting to the Shokomon's spreadsheet (hope it's ok).

I also created the chart there, but the ones I posted here look better for me.

And, just in case, sorry for grammar. I'm not good in English grammar.

That's perfectly fine!

To be honestly, I'm glad someone is working with the data.

I've lost track after awhile, and then lost my drive for the sheet.

If I ever do anything like this again, please tell me to make sure I have help.

Or smack me if I don't. xd.png

Edit: Where is the chart though? I didn't see it on the spreadsheet.

Edited by Shokomon

That's perfectly fine!

To be honestly, I'm glad someone is working with the data.

I've lost track after awhile, and then lost my drive for the sheet.

If I ever do anything like this again, please tell me to make sure I have help.

Or smack me if I don't. xd.png

Edit: Where is the chart though? I didn't see it on the spreadsheet.

It's in the subsheet (the last tab, titled "By day of cycle") I added and it is visible for me (so it hasn't vanished, fortunately laugh.gif ), but as I'm not familiar with google docs it's possible I did something wrong unsure.gif

Edit:

I bred 5 Dark Luminae yesterday (as there's no bred Light Lumina reported on day before moons switch to Full, what seems to be strange), only got Lunar Herald and no interest/egg. Bred one more a moment ago and got Light Lumina. Were they waiting for phase change, or something tongue.gif ?

Edited by Verse

I found it!

And how do we test this new theory?

I guess we just need to bred more eggs?

I think that too. But chart for caught Dark Lumina also looks kind of strange at the beginning of the cycle, so more data will be useful here too.

That's strange there's no reported bred Dark Lumina on 9th day of cycle as it's New moon phase of Cirion. There is also a gap on 5th and 8th day.

I will post here on these days to make thread visible, if I don't forget. But of course, data from any other day is appreciated too, even if breeding resulted in no interest / no egg.

I'm writing this because interest in reporting Luminae is low, especially for bred ones; 22 bred Luminae were reported after 22th of February and there are like 4 people reporting at best, as 19 of these Luminae are mine.

Now we are on 3rd day of lunar cycle, day 4 starts today at 8:00 PM Dragon Cave time. Day 5 starts at 8:00 PM on 26th of March and it's also change of Cirion phase.

I would be good if we could time it so that a bunch of people are breeding Luminae for one full Lunar cycle.

We already started the current Cirion cycle. The next one starts on the Full Moon at 8:00 PM EDT/DC on Friday, April 7, 2017, and ends at 8:00 PM EDT/DC on Sunday, April 23, 2017.

Maybe we could more data if we can get people breeding Luminae every day during this period?

How can we garner interest back into the topic now? Make a separate topic for a mass-breeding event or something?

Idk

Well, people usually only have limited amounts of Luminae dark and light, with one or two exceptions (who tend to breed them all at once), so it might make sense to make some sort of schedule: who breeds how many each day of the cycle until we have, say, 10 breedings each day. Dragon pairs should be either purely Lumina (dark or light) or luminous holiday pairings, to ensure that no other breeds interfere with their ratios.

A calendar would be good ...

Something like this? Or should I get rid of Aurax (or phases) completely? I divided it in half to make it shorter. user posted image

Also, I made the same charts as previous ones, but for Cirion cycle only.

Now that Calendar looks fine.

Now we just need to schedule people to breed on different days??

But to do that, we need to get people's attention back to the thread.

I'd be willing to help with breeding, though I only have four pairs that are either purely Lumina or Lumina x holiday.

To attract more people, you could try posting in Player Activities. That might get some attention smile.gif.

Do we know enough about lumina breeding yet to create a beta version egg rotator that tells which color is more in abundance?

I have six Frost x Lumina pairs that I try to breed weekly, if you need anyone to test breed or want to look through the progenies. Unfortunately, being Frost x Lumina means that sometimes the Frosts win, though I usually get at least one Lumina out of the bunch. (And of course there are times when all I get are Luminas.)

Edited by 11th

Do we know enough about lumina breeding yet to create a beta version egg rotator that tells which color is more in abundance?

The problem with a rotator is this isn't a simple all or nothing changeover like the lunar heralds and the fire gems. If you breed or catch at specific times, you're basically guaranteed to get a specific kind of egg, but there are other times that would be more 75/25 or 50/50.

So a web page that gives the way the two balance against each other for that day and projected into the future dates, and explains the likely connection to Cirion's phases, would probably be better than a simple rotating image.

About the only thing I can think of for a rotating image would be to have an egg and divide it by the ratio of the two eggs appearing. So on a day where only light luminas should be appearing it would be 100% a light lumina egg, but on a day it's 75/25, the egg would be split accordingly.

I imaging a picute like a Lumina egg and filling with dark or light like a drinking glass. The glass i never empty just filled with something you don't want right at that moment! wink.gif

So full dark when there ever should be a 100% change of Dark Luminae and less full of dark with a lesser change of Dark Luminae.

Edited by Tigerkralle

The problem with a rotator is this isn't a simple all or nothing changeover like the lunar heralds and the fire gems.  If you breed or catch at specific times, you're basically guaranteed to get a specific kind of egg, but there are other times that would be more 75/25 or 50/50.

So a web page that gives the way the two balance against each other for that day and projected into the future dates, and explains the likely connection to Cirion's phases, would probably be better than a simple rotating image.

About the only thing I can think of for a rotating image would be to have an egg and divide it by the ratio of the two eggs appearing.  So on a day where only light luminas should be appearing it would be 100% a light lumina egg, but on a day it's 75/25, the egg would be split accordingly.

I was thinking an series of images where the luminae eggs move across the screen, taking more or less space depending on the phases.

But, we don't have enough data for some of the days, specifically bred Dark Luminae and Luminae in general data, to definitely say that that is how the luminae family eggs work.

I think that too. But chart for caught Dark Lumina also looks kind of strange at the beginning of the cycle, so more data will be useful here too.

That's strange there's no reported bred Dark Lumina on 9th day of cycle as it's New moon phase of Cirion. There is also a gap on 5th and 8th day.

I will post here on these days to make thread visible, if I don't forget. But of course, data from any other day is appreciated too, even if breeding resulted in no interest / no egg.

I'm writing this because interest in reporting Luminae is low, especially for bred ones; 22 bred Luminae were reported after 22th of February and there are like 4 people reporting at best, as 19 of these Luminae are mine.

Now we are on 3rd day of lunar cycle, day 4 starts today at 8:00 PM Dragon Cave time. Day 5 starts at 8:00 PM on 26th of March and it's also change of Cirion phase.

(For more info on missing data.)

We are hoping to get more information will help iron this out.

If we could organize a Luminae Family Breeding event for the entire 16 days of the Cirion Lunar cycle, that would be great.

But I don't have time to organize something like that...

We don't have perfect data, but if we assume for now that full moon is only lights and new moon is only darks and fill the rest in accordingly with a straight line, it would be a good first approximation to help people understand when they should try for each type.

We don't have perfect data, but if we assume for now that full moon is only lights and new moon is only darks and fill the rest in accordingly with a straight line, it would be a good first approximation to help people understand when they should try for each type.

user posted image

(Click for more images on the distrubtion of Luminae Family eggs compared to Cirion cycle.)

That's not necessarily true, but I see what you mean.

Maybe if we convert the data into ratios?

Like set new moon to 1.00 Dark and 0.00 Light, and full moons to 0.00 Dark and 1.00 Light, and then, adjust the data to that?

How would you do that though?

The problem with a rotator is this isn't a simple all or nothing changeover like the lunar heralds and the fire gems.  If you breed or catch at specific times, you're basically guaranteed to get a specific kind of egg, but there are other times that would be more 75/25 or 50/50.

About the only thing I can think of for a rotating image would be to have an egg and divide it by the ratio of the two eggs appearing.  So on a day where only light luminas should be appearing it would be 100% a light lumina egg, but on a day it's 75/25, the egg would be split accordingly.

hence why I said which one is in more abundance, since they don't have a clear changeover but clearly have time periods where one color is very less bred over other. Both an egg with split color according to ratios or a web page indicating which color is in abundance right now and by what percentage would be helpful.

I will be glad to start reporting my results again if you will let me know what day or days you want tested. I don't have a whole lot of pairs, but I will do what I can.

I just bred 5 pairs of light x light, dark x dark, and light or dark with another breed and got 5 eggs -- all dark. (added to spreadsheet)

Edited by purplehaze

I'm not even saying to base it on the real data. But if we assume the basic pattern of darks are most available on the new moon and least available on the full moon is true, we can make a simple assumption about the rest of the time (like filling it in with a straight line plot) that would allow for a first approximation of an indicator image. I almost guarantee that it would need to be adjusted later once we get more data, but it would be good enough to let people know not to breed for a dark on a full moon or a waning gibbous.

A quick and dirty graph on graph paper of a straight line plot shows that the 50-50 change over, ratios being equal, would occur on day 5 and day 13, with day 1 being 100% lights and day 9 100% darks.

We don't know it's a straight line connection, it could be more like a sine wave for all we know, but for now a straight line is the easiest to model for a proposed beta rotator. And that's exactly what this first rotator would be: a first guess at the pattern that lets people have a better understanding of when to breed/hunt for what.

Another option for a rotator would be to literally just visually display Cirion's current phase, with a link to a page that explains that Cirion's phase is linked to the Light/Dark Lumina breeding, with the more moon showing meaning a higher chance of Lights, with less moon meaning a higher chance of Darks. That would probably be best for a beta, as it just gives the general pattern, not any concrete figures.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Another option for a rotator would be to literally just visually display Cirion's current phase, with a link to a page that explains that Cirion's phase is linked to the Light/Dark Lumina breeding, with the more moon showing meaning a higher chance of Lights, with less moon meaning a higher chance of Darks. That would probably be best for a beta, as it just gives the general pattern, not any concrete figures.

I like this one. It also has the advantage of being valid for any future Cirion-dependent breed.

I bred 5 Dark Lumina x Caligene pairs few hours ago (waning gibbous Aurax and waning crescent Cirion) and got 2 Dark Lumina eggs and 3 'no egg is produced' info. Today at 8 PM Cirion changes to New so I was expecting all breeding attempts to give Dark egg.

Besides these two Dark Lumina eggs there's no other bred ones reported on 8th day of whole (32-day) cycle, so if someone has some spare Luminae, could bred them and share information about results, that would be great biggrin.gif . Same with 9th day of cycle (starts today at 8 PM).

Actually I was going to post this few hours ago (not 1h and 20min before phase change xd.png ), but found inaccuracy in charts (for Cirion cycle), which led me to small error in formula and got distracted by other things. I will post fixed charts in a moment (the difference isn't that significant, though).

Edited by Verse