Dark Lumina breeding theories

Adjusted calendar (it starts today and shows days 0-15 despite 1-16):

user posted image

Edit

Quoting, cause my post appeared on next page:

Edit: Here is the spreadsheet: Luminae Breeding
On another note:

user posted image

"Today is Day 0 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Full Moon.

It's catching and breeding time! Please help out!

Edited by Verse

I've bred 9 Lumina x Holiday pairs today and got no egg (8 times 'no egg' and one 'no interest'). Also bred one Light female x Dark male pair and they produced Light egg (added to sheet).

blink.gif I was expecting more Lumina eggs, they seemed to be easiest to get from breeding when Cirion is Full. Is it because I bred them with holidays..?

Someone tried breeding them today? I'm wondering, is this just my luck or general trend?

I think it's a ratio issue: plenty of Light Luminae are already in existence, so they are harder to get. Dark ones are still playing the catch-up game.

I've bred 9 Lumina x Holiday pairs today and got no egg (8 times 'no egg' and one 'no interest'). Also bred one Light female x Dark male pair and they produced Light egg (added to sheet).

blink.gif I was expecting more Lumina eggs, they seemed to be easiest to get from breeding when Cirion is Full. Is it because I bred them with holidays..?

Someone tried breeding them today? I'm wondering, is this just my luck or general trend?

I wonder if that's why I'm having such an annoying time trying to trade for a 2G from Aegis? A CB Copper really ought to be enough for a 2G common, you'd think! rolleyes.gif

I wonder if that's why I'm having such an annoying time trying to trade for a 2G from Aegis? A CB Copper really ought to be enough for a 2G common, you'd think! rolleyes.gif

Yeah; I tried breeding a Lumina with my Enraged Aegis to trade for your Copper and I got no egg too. I doubt that Verse and I are the only ones having this issue.

Yeah; I tried breeding a Lumina with my Enraged Aegis to trade for your Copper and I got no egg too. I doubt that Verse and I are the only ones having this issue.

Bless you for trying! happy.gif <3

ETA: Ahhhh, someone offered one! Thank you, lovely person! biggrin.gif

Edited by Amazon_warrior

I think it's a ratio issue: plenty of Light Luminae are already in existence, so they are harder to get. Dark ones are still playing the catch-up game.

True... But I'm still surprised, I recall getting 2 Lumina eggs from 5-6 attempts (mostly PB pairs, though) and it probably wasn't on day of Cirion cycle they're supposed to appear the most often (according to current theory, that Darks appear in greatest number around New phase and Lights around Full phase).

First, I bred 4 Dark Lumina x Caligene pairs and one dark/light Lumina pair. Only PB gave an egg, so I started to think, that outcome may depend on kind of Lumina parent. Then bred 5 Light Lumina x various holidays and got nothing. Now I'm wondering, is it coincidence that the only egg I got on 10 attempts came from Dark/Light pair.

Chart shows number of reported bred Luminae each day of Cirion cycle. That's why I thought they were easiest to get today:

user posted image

Adjusted calendar (it starts today and shows days 0-15 despite 1-16):

user posted image

Edit

Quoting, cause my post appeared on next page:

Ohh! Thank you! Now, we can plan out the next two cycles...eventually.

As for the eggs thing, I suspect this is less of a breeding issue and more of a ratio issue like Ruby Eyes said.

Lumina Dragons were released way earlier than the relatively newer Dark Luminae, and thus, have had a chance to establish a current ratio.

Also, Lumina dragons are a relatively shiny breed of dragon, and here on DC, shiny = valuable, so there are probably unrecorded catching, breeding, and raising of Lumina dragons, probably enough to drive down the Cave's need to produce a lot of them.

Getting a Lumina will probably be a lot harder than getting say a Nocturne or drake, which are relatively not bred or caught as much.

As for the data itself, all it's suggesting is that the likelyhood of getting a Lumina egg out of a Lumina Family Breeding Pair is highest around the Cirion Full Moon. Whether or not you actually get an egg at all is determined by a separate set of ratios. After all, even if most of people's reported breeding today resulted in "no egg," all the breedings that did make an egg resulted in a Lumina.

- Of course breeding a Lumina Family dragon with a far rarer dragon (like a Gold) will increase your chances of getting a Lumina out of the pair, but that doesn't mean you will get an egg at all, especially if the population of Luminae in the Cave are sufficiently high enough.

And that's my piece.

I'll plan to breed my Luminae today as well, so I'll see who it goes for me. (I think I'll save my Dark Luminae for a later date...though I need to test one of them for a new mate.)

Edit: What do you guys think of starting a new spreadsheet? Since the current one has a lot of stuff we don't need?

It was mentioned before, but now, I finally got a new one up.

Also, if we do start a new one, should I port over the already established data to the new sheet? Or start fresh?

Maybe if we do use the new sheet, we should start using it after the current cycle? idk

Edit2: Got a Lumina egg! I think I'll save the others for later tonight and tomorrow night.

Edited by Shokomon

(I haven't seen either spreadsheet so I don't have an opinion on them.)

I remember seeing a Light Lumina in the cave 2 days ago, it was gone rather quickly.

The fact that we don't get Dark Luminae at all should tell us that it's probably not their time currently, since they are otherwise usually quite prolific still.

And another day of the Lunar calendar has passed!

user posted image

- "Today is Day 1 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous."

Please help out with breeding and catching eggs!

I wonder if we will get some dark ones now.

--

I could post a view link for the new and old spread sheet for comparison. Let me get them...

Edit:

- Current Luminae Breeding Spreadsheet: link

- New Breeding Sheet View Link: link

Here ya go.

Edited by Shokomon

I just bred some Luminas:

3 Light x Light pairs -> 2 Light eggs, 1 no interest.

4 Dark x Dark pairs -> 4 Light eggs.

I just bred some Luminas:

3 Light x Light pairs -> 2 Light eggs, 1 no interest.

4 Dark x Dark pairs -> 4 Light eggs.

If you give me the time and parents for the egg I can add it to the sheet for you if you haven't already.

And thanks a lot for your help!

Well ... I'm kinda limited on holidays, so here's today's results (all in AP):

2 golden Shimmers (long stairs)

2 green Coppers (2nd gens)

3 no egg

1 Light Lumina: https://dragcave.net/progeny/9FgCs Apr 09, 2017, 04:21 am

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Well ... I'm kinda limited on holidays, so here's today's results (all in AP):

2 golden Shimmers (long stairs)

2 green Coppers (2nd gens)

3 no egg

1 Light Lumina: https://dragcave.net/progeny/9FgCs Apr 09, 2017, 04:21 am

Thank you! Added to the doc!

Not a lot of eggs posted today, so far... Better breed one of mine.

Edit: Got another Lumina! So far the theory is holding up.

Though, by tonight or tomorrow, we should see Dark Luminae popping up soon, with a predominance of Luminae...

Supposedly.

...I can't spell apparently. Stupid typos.

Edited by Shokomon

user posted image

Today is Day 2 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.

Current Spreadsheet: link

Please help us out by catching and breeding Luminae/Dark Luminae!

Maybe we will see some Darks show up today.

Ohh! Thank you! Now, we can plan out the next two cycles...eventually.
No problem smile.gif

As for the data itself, all it's suggesting is that the likelyhood of getting a Lumina egg out of a Lumina Family Breeding Pair is highest around the Cirion Full Moon. Whether or not you actually get an egg at all is determined by a separate set of ratios. After all, even if most of people's reported breeding today resulted in "no egg," all the breedings that did make an egg resulted in a Lumina.

- Of course breeding a Lumina Family dragon with a far rarer dragon (like a Gold) will increase your chances of getting a Lumina out of the pair, but that doesn't mean you will get an egg at all, especially if the population of Luminae in the Cave are sufficiently high enough.

And that's my piece.

I'm aware it's all about the likelihood, but this is impossible to estimate without information of total number of breeding attempts, also ones that gave no egg. That's why I was basing on my personal experiences and assumed I won't get less Lumina eggs than I usually get around this time of lunar cycle, and, as it turned out, I overestimated this likelihood.

Started with a Dark one: https://dragcave.net/progeny/VVYtW Apr 10, 2017, 05:42 am

Followed by Light fours:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/FqRkG Apr 10, 2017, 06:01 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/LzBxt Apr 10, 2017, 06:02 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/QdN1I Apr 10, 2017, 06:05 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/IwuWb Apr 10, 2017, 06:06 am

Huh  huh.gif

Added to the Doc! Thank you!

And it looks like the theory really is holding up. Darks are appearing now. At least, that's what the sheet is saying. Though, without more eggs, we can't say if the predicted ratio for today would be correct.

No problem  smile.gif

I'm aware it's all about the likelihood, but this is impossible to estimate without information of total number of breeding attempts, also ones that gave no egg. That's why I was basing on my personal experiences and assumed I won't get less Lumina eggs than I usually get around this time of lunar cycle, and, as it turned out, I overestimated this likelihood.

Ohh, I see.

Well, if anything, you can use to data on the sheet to watch the production of eggs over time, even if we don't have information on all breeding attempts. We can at least see how many successful attempts occur over time.

Well, I was rather surprised to get no "no egg" today xd.png

I haven't answered this one yet:

Edit: What do you guys think of starting a new spreadsheet? Since the current one has a lot of stuff we don't need?

It was mentioned before, but now, I finally got a new one up.

Also, if we do start a new one, should I port over the already established data to the new sheet? Or start fresh?

Maybe if we do use the new sheet, we should start using it after the current cycle? idk

New spreadsheet is better for me, fewer fields and added one with day of cycle thumbs_up.png . I actually managed to improve the formula that counts day of Cirion cycle, previous one was... well not optimal and needed additional cell to work.

Gathering data from the beginning may take a lot of time, but newer data may be also more accurate as the ratios should be more balanced (but still unbalanced...) now, than they were just after the release. So I don't know what is better. I think older data can be still added sometime if the need appears.

I doubt only in case of data for bred light/dark Lumina, it strongly depends on how many players decided to bred their Luminae on certain day, so comparing different days makes sense only with assumption that similar number of Luminae were bred on them. And I think that's not what we can be 100% sure about. Individuals with dozens of Luminae may have big impact on data, especially when on one day there will be 10 Luminae breeding attempts reported and on other - 50 attempts. So gathering data about total number of tries would solve this issue. But I don't know how to actually implement it, as it will be difficult to verify unsure.gif . We can just rely on reports in this thread, though.

(Edit: Opps! Too early! Please note! Lunar cycle days start at 8:00 PM Dragon Cave Time/Eastern Daylight Savings Time.)

user posted image

Today is Day 3 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.

Current Spreadsheet: link

Please help us out by catching and breeding Luminae/Dark Luminae!

We should see even more Dark Luminae now.

@Verse: Then, should we swap out after this cycle?

It will be easier to start afresh with the new cycle.

Edited by Shokomon

Added 5 dark Lumias to the spreadsheet - hope it helps (had 5 eggs in 5 breedings for completition's sake)

Added 5 dark Lumias to the spreadsheet - hope it helps (had 5 eggs in 5 breedings for completition's sake)

Thank you for your help!

Every bit helps!

That's a lot more darks then I'd thought we would get.

Maybe not that it's almost Crescent phase time, we will see even more darks?

Edit: Bred my last Lumina x Dragon pair. Got a Turp instead. Oh well. I'll start breeding my Dark Luminae once it's closer to the New moon.

Edited by Shokomon

Thank you for your help!

Every bit helps!

That's a lot more darks then I'd thought we would get.

Maybe not that it's almost Crescent phase time, we will see even more darks?

Did another few (trying to spread them out a bit) 2x no egg

3 dark eggies; 1 light

This bunch had light parents instead of dark ones but I doubt with this small number it's anything but statistical variation.

@Verse: Then, should we swap out after this cycle?

It will be easier to start afresh with the new cycle.

That's what I think. It seems to be good idea.

Also I bred Lumina x Ice and got Dark Lumina (added). It's the only pair I bred today.