dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

user posted image

- Here is the Dark Luminae and Luminae Counts by Moon Phases.

I still think these graphs just have too much to look at on them. It's really confounding when you have this much data all together when it's really all trying to figure out the same thing.

What I would do is one of the above but ONLY do total lumina and total luminati. Then, since it seems like perhaps breeding hasn't evened out and so is confounding things a bit, do one like this ONLY with total caught lumina and total caught luminati.

And you can do the same vs date, mana, etc. - whatever you want to plot against.

I do like the percentage/stacked bars - it's nice, easy to read, but I don't think enough lumina/luminati are being consistently reported to make out patterns using it. However, as it is a nice style, if you have the time, I would do that same graph style for the data I mentioned above. Only I would put moon phases/time/etc. along the bottom of the graph and make the bars the number/percent of lumina/luminati.

New moon phases again:

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing gibbous

And I think it must be affecting breeding finally! Out of 4 Lumina breedings that produced Lumina eggs, 3 of them were the light ones! I will be adding them to the spread sheet in a few minutes.

Anyone else bred any today???

I should be able to start doing weekly breeding of luminas for data. Approximately how many would you like bred a week?

Gosh. Im so sorry. I've been neglecting posting the phase changes!

Maybe I will be more regular when it's my turn to post in the DC Moon watch. Anyway, on to phase changes:

(Note: EDT/DC - Eastern Daylight Savings/Dragon Cave)

Moon phases for 8:00 PM EDT/DC, October 9, 2016 to 7:59M EDT/DC, October 13, 2016:

Moon Phases

Aurax (Golden moon) Waxing gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) Waxing gibbous

Please use these phases for any eggs sighted, caught, or bred during this time.

---

@thomasgold19: Maybe 35 a week? That's 5 a day. Or 14, 21, or 28 a week?

Any eggs for the sheet today?

Repeating for more eggs.

Also, phase change today, October 13, 2016 @ 8:00 PM Dragon Cave Time (Eastern Daylight Savings)

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Full

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Full

- Phases will stay like this until 7:59 PM, Friday, October 14, 2016.

- Please use these phases for any eggs caught, bred, or sighted during this time.

Anyone bred or catch any eggs on the 13th? We don't have any eggs for that date!

Well, I didn't breed mine yesterday, but I bred 22 pairs just now. Got very different results from the last time I bred them on Oct 5. I only got 5 Lumina eggs this time, but they were all the regular Luminas. I will enter them on the sheet when I get a few minutes later today.

Seen eggs, caps changed

dm56y - Light Lumina in Alpine @ 1:45PM

I'll edit if I see any more before someone else posts. But I keep looking and not seeing anything =(

The most important problem I see in these graphs are twofold:

Too much information: Since the chance for dark/light lumina appears to be independent of breeding, much less which kinds of dragon you breed, all you need is "light lumina eggs total" and "dark lumina eggs total". That will help us spott patterns.

Dark Lumina ratios evening out: In the beginning, DL needed to get up to their intended ratios rather quickly. Which results in the incredible spikes we see. I'd really like to suggest starting the spreadsheet anew, and leaving out all entries up to a certain date. (Like, last full/full moon phase? last new/new phase? Whichever was last.)

4:15AM - Just now saw a normal Lumina egg in the Jungle, caps messed code was pzptz

I don't recall, but did the message always mention the sun? I have a feeling it's a relatively recent development:

Time of Day It is day. The sun is rising.

Yes it did!

That's been there as long as the Time page has been there. Or at least since the moon phases were introduced.

actually.... I didn't consider sun rising and falling affecting the eggs... I figure it would be affected by time of day.

However, I've seen the thing say "It is night. The sun is rising."

So, I don't know....

Repeating for more eggs.

I'm so sorry! I forgot to post the phase change yesterday!

Phase change occur on October 14, 2016 @ 8:00 PM Dragon Cave Time (Eastern Daylight Savings):

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waning gibbous

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waning gibbous

- Phases will stay like this until 7:59 PM Cave Time, Friday, October 17, 2016.

- Please use these phases for any eggs caught, bred, or sighted during this time.

mp2zd - light lumina in alpine @ 1:32PM

With the seeming decreased numbers of luminas after the last release, it seems likely that the data will have to be gathered over a long period of time and like combined with like, such as all data with the same moon details to check for that. Relying more on breeding results might help.

(will edit in more if I can find any before someone else posts)

Edited by Pokemonfan13

I bred 10 Light Luminae within the past 10 minutes, got 5 Dark Luminae, 1 no egg and 4 times the other parent's breed (including 2 Gold Shimmers.)

It is day.

Fall

Aurax (Golden moon) Waning gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) Waning gibbous

3uwuj - light lumina in coast @ 3:10PM

yb6bo - dark lumina in coast @ 3:10PM

wkkyS - light lumina in coast @ 3:37PM

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Bred 10 more Light Liminae within the past 50 minutes (too much noise in office, really dry.gif)

Got 7 Dark Luminae, 1 no interest and twice the other parent's breed.

It is night.

Fall

Aurax (Golden moon) Waning gibbous

Cirion (Blue moon) Waning gibbous

Decided to breed some of mine:

Attempt 1: Light lumina -> no offspring

Attempt 2: Light lumina -> dark lumina offspring yppjb

Attempt 3: Light lumina -> dark lumina offspring sfhpx

Attempt 4: Light lumina -> dark lumina offspring bpit9

Attempt 5: Dark lumina -> no offspring

Attempt 6: Dark lumina -> dark lumina offspring q2ony

Attempt 7: Dark lumina -> dark lumina offspring kg8ey

Attempt 8: Dark lumina -> dark lumina offspring anrpz

Offspring autoabandoned, codes messed, breeding happened around 3:30PM cave time. All partners were metals or holidays, which is why there were no other breed results.

Funny, it seems that darks and lights are dropping roughly equal in the cave right now, but breeding only produces darks. Makes the data even harder. =( So maybe it would be best to mostly rely on cave data until it's clear that breeding has evened out.

Edited by Pokemonfan13

Repeating for more eggs.

And on a different note:

Phase change occurred on Monday, October 17, 2016 @ 8:00 PM Dragon Cave Time (Eastern Daylight Savings)!

Current Moon Phases are:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waning gibbous

CIRION (BLUE MOON) Waning crescent

- Phases will stay like this until 7:59 PM Cave Time, Friday, October 21, 2016.

I've tried to read from the charts some kind of prediction what type will be more likely at what times, and came up with:

- Waning Crescent/ Waxing Crescent: DARK more likely?

- Waning Crescent/ Waxing Gibbous: DARK more likely?

- New/ Full: LIGHT more likely?

- Waxing Crescent/ Waning Gibbous: DARK more likely?

- Waxing Crescent/ Waning Crescent: DARK more likely?

- Waxing Gibbous/ New: DARK more likely?

- Waxing Gibbous/ Waxing Crescent: DARK more likely?

- Waxing Gibbous/ Waxing Gibbous: both equal?

- Full/ Full: LIGHT more likely?

- Waning Gibbous/ Waning Gibbous: both equal?

- Waning Gibbous/ Waning Crescent: DARK more likely?

- Waning Crescent/ New: DARK more likely?

So dark should be more likely right now, and all 7 eggs I just bred were dark. However, this might just be coincidence, so I put question marks everywhere to reflect that this is still just conjecture. xd.png

And I just entered 4 that I bred earlier today -- all dark, from both light and dark parents.

I'm sorry I haven't been really active over here.

I've been so busy lately.

If anyone wants to help put things on the slides or make charts, I would appreciate it.

--

Repeating for more eggs.

And on a different note:

Phase change occurred on Friday, October 21, 2016 @ 8:00 PM Dragon Cave Time (Eastern Daylight Savings)!

Current Moon Phases are:

MOON PHASES

AURAX (GOLDEN MOON) Waning crescent

CIRION (BLUE MOON) New

- Phases will stay like this until 7:59 PM Cave Time, Saturday, October 22, 2016.