dustpuppy

Dark Lumina breeding theories

Light (Progeny) - Apr 22, 2017, 04:07 pm

The rest of my pairs gave the wrong breed or no egg.

user posted image

- Today is Day 15 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waxing Gibbous.

Current Spreadsheet: link

Please help us out by catching and breeding Luminae/Dark Luminae!

--

Okay, tomorrow is the start of the new Lunar cycle, so by tomorrow, April 23, 2017 at 8 pm Dragon Cave Time, I'm going to shut down editing of the old sheet and unlock the new one.

We will be able to start a fresh now that ratios are more in control.

Everyone good with that?

Someone who knows what and how to do should add this to the spreadsheet:

Bred a few Light Luminae

https://dragcave.net/lineage/eua5X Apr 22, 2017, 02:49 pm

One no interest

Two Turpentines...

Light (Progeny) - Apr 22, 2017, 04:07 pm

The rest of my pairs gave the wrong breed or no egg.

Added!

Okay, tomorrow is the start of the new Lunar cycle, so by tomorrow, April 23, 2017 at 8 pm Dragon Cave Time, I'm going to shut down editing of the old sheet and unlock the new one.

We will be able to start a fresh now that ratios are more in control.

Everyone good with that?

No objections from me smile.gif

I've just bred 5 dark Luminae pairs and didn't get single egg. They all displayed 'but no egg is produced'...

I got almost the same - 1 of my 5 breedings was "no interest".

Same here. All no interest, except for 1 tetra egg.

I hope others had better luck.

user posted image

Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC, today is Day 0 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Full Moon.

New Spreadsheet: Link! (Please enter data here now.)

Old Spreadsheet: Link (For your viewing pleasure.)

--

And now the old sheet is closed and the new sheet is open! A whole new spreadsheet to better record ratios with! Now with less info that needs to be put in.

Today should be the best day to get Luminae...if we get any eggs that is.

--

The current cycle:

user posted image

--

{snip} Here are the fixed charts, with newer data included (and probably that's the thing that makes difference).

And chart with comparison of totals: user posted image

- Quoting for information on the current Luminae Family breeding entries, so people can look at the data for themselves.

- Also, please note that the chart starts on Day 1 as opposed to Day 0 as I report it on the thread. So, today (Day 0) corresponds to Day 1 on the chart.

Hit there!

Wish I had good news to share. I bred 5 Luminae and 8 Dark Luminae just now. Mostly refusals or "no egg produced".

One Lumina X Antarean produced an Antarean. One Dark Luminae X Albino produced an Albino.

Well i added my catch but i still have no idea what the moon phases currently are

Well i added my catch but i still have no idea what the moon phases currently are

Oh thank you! Today is the day 0 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. I'll add it to the doc for you!

I think I'll make another column for day of Aurax Lunar Cycle...just in case.

I bred 5 pairs today, got one light Lumina and 'no egg' 4 times. It was added to the new spreadsheet.

Edited by Verse

Just bred some purebreeds:

4 pairs of CB Light Luminae gave 4 Light Luminae eggs

4 pairs of CB Dark Luminae gave 3 Light Luminae eggs and one refuse

user posted image

Added them, hope I did this right.

user posted image

Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC, today is Day 1 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.

--

Thank you for your help so far! Please keep going!

Bred two Dark Lumina with Gemstones, got one "no interest" and one (light) Lumina. I added it to the spreadsheet.

So, are we supposed to enter the lunar cycle day with or without counting a "day 0" ? (I entered mine as "day 1" for the time being, hope that's correct.)

If there isn't a specific reason for using 0 - 15 for the one thing and 1 - 16 for the other, perhaps you should change either the spreadsheet tables to 1 - 16, or the chart to 0 - 15. This difference, and the half-day shift in the tables you made for the lunar cycle days (great help !!) might prove confusing as it is.

Edit: 3 more Lumina breedings gave two "no egg" and one "no interest". dry.gif

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

Bred two Dark Lumina with Gemstones, got one "no interest" and one (light) Lumina. I added it to the spreadsheet.

So, are we supposed to enter the lunar cycle day with or without counting a "day 0" ? (I entered mine as "day 1" for the time being, hope that's correct.)

If there isn't a specific reason for using 0 - 15 for the one thing and 1 - 16 for the other, perhaps you should change either the spreadsheet tables to 1 - 16, or the chart to 0 - 15. This difference, and the half-day shift in the tables you made for the lunar cycle days (great help !!) might prove confusing as it is.

Edit: 3 more Lumina breedings gave two "no egg" and one "no interest". dry.gif

We count day 0.

The difference between the two charts is more a matter of preference.

Verse made the chart with the data from the old sheet, and they start with the full moon as Day 1.

I, however, started the DC Moon Watch and always called the Full Moon as Day 0, since the full cycle literally starts with the full moon. There hasn't been a day in the cycle yet. It also makes the half points (Day 4, 8, and 12) even numbers.

Maybe Verse will update the charts once the new data is integrated. Maybe not.

You entered it right by the way.

Sorry for confusion with charts and tabels, but I didn't wanted to change the formula that assigned every dragon to days 1-32, because there had been high risk I would have made a mistake. And I couldn't easily switch numbers of days in main table, cause counting formula was based on those cells, so I gave up on solving this issue. Also, I made previous charts before realizing that it would be nice for labels to match with information appearing in this thread tongue.gif

I've made summary charts (Cirion cycle) for old spreadsheet data, with day count 0-15: here they are.

Besides separated charts for caught, bred and total number there are also additional charts for Light Luminae starting from day 8, so they show days with highest number of reported Luminae in the centre, not on the opposite sides of chart.

And the chart with comparison of totals:

user posted image

Edited by Verse

@ Verse: Thank you so much! That's great work!

- In general we can say from the data that it's easiest to get Lumina around the Full Moon and Gibbous phases, while it's easiest to get Dark Lumina around the New Moon and Crescent phase.

So far at least.

4 Lights:

https://dragcave.net/progeny/iamUs Apr 25, 2017, 09:56 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/N9Sfe Apr 25, 2017, 09:57 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/zLDTW Apr 25, 2017, 09:58 am

https://dragcave.net/progeny/IwuWb  Apr 25, 2017, 09:59 am

Added! Thank you so much for your help!

user posted image

Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC, today is Day 2 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.

Bred 56 light and dark lumina between 8:24pm and 8:45pm cave time and these were my results:

13 light lumina

7 dark lumina

The rest were the other breed/no interest/no egg and one refusal.

All will be moving through the AP at some point.

Edited by Jazeki

Bred 56 light and dark lumina between 8:24pm and 8:45pm cave time and these were my results:

13 light lumina

7 dark lumina

The rest were the other breed/no interest/no egg and one refusal.

All will be moving through the AP at some point.

Thank you for contributing! Though, maybe a list of the times of the egg or a screenshot of the action page would be helpful so that we can enter accurate times on to the spreadsheet.

user posted image

Starting at 8:00 PM EDT/DC, today is Day 3 of the Cirion Lunar Cycle. The current Moon Phase is Waning Gibbous.

--

Dark Luminae are showing up really quickly, huh? At least, according to what we have now.