xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Not particularly good. I woke up to find that one of my pets (which was quite young, I had only had her for about a week) had passed away. I wanted to stay home from work to sulk, but my boss really wanted me to come in. So, I threw on some clothes and came in. I am at work now, and I am having a hard day. BUT I did come across this site again, which I haven't accessed in YEARS, which is pretty cool! 

30 minutes ago, Calicodummy said:

Not particularly good. I woke up to find that one of my pets (which was quite young, I had only had her for about a week) had passed away. I wanted to stay home from work to sulk, but my boss really wanted me to come in. So, I threw on some clothes and came in. I am at work now, and I am having a hard day. BUT I did come across this site again, which I haven't accessed in YEARS, which is pretty cool! 

Aww. Sorry for your loss. :(

Welcome back to DC.

My day went well, but the humidity made even the slightest effort exhausting.

And we seem to be having a parvo outbreak here... :(

25 minutes ago, Lagie said:

Aww. Sorry for your loss. :(

Welcome back to DC.

My day went well, but the humidity made even the slightest effort exhausting.

And we seem to be having a parvo outbreak here... :(

Thank you!

Oof, Parvo is a really bad one. I hope your furry babes will be okay!

12 minutes ago, Calicodummy said:

Thank you!

Oof, Parvo is a really bad one. I hope your furry babes will be okay!

It is. I work at our local humane society and I've lost count now of how many cases we've seen this month. :( I know of at least three pups that have died in the past two days.

7 minutes ago, Lagie said:

It is. I work at our local humane society and I've lost count now of how many cases we've seen this month. :( I know of at least three pups that have died in the past two days.

I volunteer at my local humane society often. I was cleaning out the cat area when we got in 30 cats from a hoarding situation, and half of them were sick with Parvo. Several died, and a few that survived had pretty severe brain damage. I'm terrified of letting my own cats out ever since then.

27 minutes ago, Calicodummy said:

I volunteer at my local humane society often. I was cleaning out the cat area when we got in 30 cats from a hoarding situation, and half of them were sick with Parvo. Several died, and a few that survived had pretty severe brain damage. I'm terrified of letting my own cats out ever since then.

:( I didn't even know cats could get parvo. I have learned something today.

My day has been getting increasingly worse. I was formally suspended from an important group for virtually no reason, I apparently have a large cyst that could require surgery soon, and I wasted the last 3 hours arguing with an airline's unhelpful customer service employees about them cancelling flights and not fully refunding me. The bank eventually blocked my card because I had to re-book so many times. $500 is still miraculously gone without a trace. So I have to spend 3 hours with the bank tomorrow about that. I'm struggling to pay for even the small things right now as I'm between jobs, so $500 is a big deal. That was more than a third of my savings account. The icing on the cake has been seeing my newest ex openly flirt with my uninterested best friend just to hurt me. We broke up because he cheated on me and told everyone I was crazy when I found out. It's starting to feel like every time I take a step forward, I take three steps backwards. I just want to have a good day for once. 

8 hours ago, The Dragoness said:

My day has been getting increasingly worse. I was formally suspended from an important group for virtually no reason, I apparently have a large cyst that could require surgery soon, and I wasted the last 3 hours arguing with an airline's unhelpful customer service employees about them cancelling flights and not fully refunding me. The bank eventually blocked my card because I had to re-book so many times. $500 is still miraculously gone without a trace. So I have to spend 3 hours with the bank tomorrow about that. I'm struggling to pay for even the small things right now as I'm between jobs, so $500 is a big deal. That was more than a third of my savings account. The icing on the cake has been seeing my newest ex openly flirt with my uninterested best friend just to hurt me. We broke up because he cheated on me and told everyone I was crazy when I found out. It's starting to feel like every time I take a step forward, I take three steps backwards. I just want to have a good day for once. 

That sounds really, really rough. I am so sorry. I know what that's like. :(

Uuuuuuuugh so much to do. Had mom come over to my place to help me wash my windows as I have never done that before, then we went to do laundry in the basement downstairs and then I went to her place with her to pick up a new pot for one of my potted plants and then I had to go to the store to get some new dirt as I was moving that plant to a bigger pot and then I had to walk home and now I have to head downstairs to the laundry room to fetch any dried clothes but there's SO many stairs I have to walk and no elevator and I've done SO much walking today... I am NOT going freaking ANYWHERE tomorrow!

1 hour ago, Sazandora said:

Uuuuuuuugh so much to do. Had mom come over to my place to help me wash my windows as I have never done that before, then we went to do laundry in the basement downstairs and then I went to her place with her to pick up a new pot for one of my potted plants and then I had to go to the store to get some new dirt as I was moving that plant to a bigger pot and then I had to walk home and now I have to head downstairs to the laundry room to fetch any dried clothes but there's SO many stairs I have to walk and no elevator and I've done SO much walking today... I am NOT going freaking ANYWHERE tomorrow!

That reminds me, I should ask my mom to come clean our windows too, since she's done it every year for the five years I've lived on my own :D certain adult tasks are just too much to handle!

My day's been nice. Yesterday felt so much like Friday that I've been in kind of a limbo today, working from home in the morning and then just chilling. Had a good nap in the afternoon and made very tasty chili for dinner, so that's great!

Yesterday was nice, went out to eat and shopping with a new-ish friend. Spent about $70 of my birthday-money on new clothes that I really really needed. Today has been more relaxed, just doing a few household chores and napping.

On 5/24/2019 at 5:30 AM, Calicodummy said:

Sorry to hear about your loss.

My mom and I took the dogs to the vet today to get them their shots. So, I had a long morning of wrangling dogs. :lol:

Babysitting Vizslas, then musical theater. Most jam-packed day I've had since leaving the worst of sinusitis behind me.

slowly working on getting things cleared out of my home office, and putting them away.

last week, my younger daughter held her (high school) graduation party with her friend, and it was at our house.  and she really cleaned, and put stuff in our office.  i want to keep the house as it is (it hasn't been like this in a... uh... long time. :nods: but to do that, i need to go through all the boxes and baskets that ended up in the office to consolidate/clear up/out a LOT of the sh--stuff i've accumulated.  i'm a bit of a packrat.

anyway, i have only two (or so) more areas/boxes/sections of stuff to go through... so go me. :)

So, I return after a 2 year break...and see I missed the epic awesome return of FRILLS!!!

OMG I am so beyond happy! As soon as the last 2 ER eggs hatch I am going grab 2 more frills ❤️

Okay, so far. Got around eight hours of sleep, though it was broken up. My brain doesn't like to sleep much, and I'm still in sleep debt from my illness. Each morning I am unable to sleep more than nine hours, or sometimes only six or seven, worries me a little, which then creates more anxiety. It's a vicious cycle of anxiety, PTSD, and some other fun things.

But I get to work my musical theater gig tonight, which means my brain gets to do something more than worry itself into anemia.

Today has been a little lazy-ish, went on a large grocery shopping trip yesterday so today is an 'off-day' where I'm not really doing much. I do have a small 'to-do' list, which includes changing the lightbulb in the hall light because that's normally my 'night-light' and it's been out for days. I'm a tad nervous about this week because I have serious appointments on Monday and Tuesday and then (hopefully) going back to work on Wednesday after my medical leave... But I don't want to worry about that today!

i really wish my store would have closing announcements.  i got off the register 15 minutes after we closed. *sigh*

44 minutes ago, trystan said:

i really wish my store would have closing announcements.  i got off the register 15 minutes after we closed. *sigh*

I start a verbal warning at about 20 to. Then at 10 to or 5 to, I joke that all prices go up by 400% at 4 o'clock. That usually gets people moving!

My day's been good. Nicely quiet and I'm ending at home in my own house for the first time in two weeks.

LOL @Lagie!

nah, we're part of a corporation.... we have to do what corporate says.  and they say no closing announcements.  the customers have said it makes them feel rushed.  at least, that's what we were told.  ::rolls eyes::