xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Today was... pretty good, overall.

Back at work finally, after having been out most of a week with the flu. Unfortunately, I'm in customer service, which means a lot of talking, and I'm still coughing hard enough to make my ribs ache, plus I've kind of half lost my voice. It kind of fades in and out as I speak, so customers can't always hear me, and then half the time when I try to repeat myself louder, it sounds like I'm yelling at them. Fortunately, most of them were understanding of the issue and didn't assume I was being rude on purpose.

Did some grocery shopping before coming home, managed to find a single filet mignon with one of those "about to hit the sell-by date" discount stickers on it, so there's tomorrow's dinner, yum! And came home to find that the teen took out the trash, without being asked, even!

My day has been work and boring with a really nice fun lunch break with friends, now i shall pet my dog and cat until I can no longer be awake

I need to talk about my night. I literally dreamed of an assignment I have to do today, woke up thinking about it and I decided not to torment myself any longer and to actually do it. On a sunny Sunday morning. Wish me luck.

First day off of school for spring break! I spent it... doing homework. :rolleyes: 

Today was mostly pleasant. Had the day off, first one in a week (was out sick for several days last week, so I jumped at the chance to cover for someone else who's sick to get some of the missed time back) and I got to relax, do some writing, and catch up on the housework.

Unfortunately, the hubby got laid off on Monday... this, four months into the new job. Which means we're probably going to end up having to move yet again, as the current area (like the previous one) is pretty much a one-industry zone. This ticks me off for a few reasons; I wasn't entirely for him changing jobs to this one in the first place but they were offering insurance and paid time off which the previous job didn't. The poor kid, having just started at the local community college, had to spend six weeks commuting 2 hours each way because we had to move too far into the semester to get any money back... and now here we are, 2/3 into the semester at the new college and even assuming a move doesn't happen for a month or more, she won't be able to register for fall until we know where we'll be living. And of course, all of this costs money, and we've only just gotten caught back up from the previous move, with no time to have built up any savings yet.

My day has not been so great. I've been trying to do trigonometry homework. -_- The unit we're currently on is super difficult; it doesn't even compare to anything else we've done so far.

... I'm just mad that it's ruining my grade. :P

Edited by Aqub

Today was fairly good, finally got a big project done at work that I've been working on for nearly a month. And a coworker brought her dogs to work so I got to play with them, doggies make everything so much better!

Today's been a bit rough, I've been ill for the past few days and after missing work yesterday I went to the office today and survived okay-ish. Yesterday I heard from my sister that my senior cat (16 years on Monday ♥) living at my parents' place is feeling worse and it might be his last trip to the vet next week. That makes me feel pretty down too, but on the other hand I do not want him to suffer and I know that he's had happy, full life so I'm... almost at peace with that? I also just got off the phone with my mom and I don't how she does it, she is honestly the most wonderful person on this planet because she made me feel so happy and calm that it really saved my whole week. 

My day (yesterday because I just got up an hour ago today :P) was really good! I got an A on a Trig test that I was really worried about.

I feel .... anxious but not in a bad way. I just don't really know what to do today, but I want to do SOMETHING on my day off, and I don't just want to post a bunch of things on the forums quite yet even though I am probably due for my weekend update. I think I was expecting a warmer weekend and it is rainy and I want to fit my bike so I can start riding it and get the accessories on. But with drizzly rain all day it isn't as easy to do that, and I need to make sure my other half isn't going to have that rainy barometer bone pain flare up (yes, people can get that at any age, but especially as you get older, and it SUCKS), since the other half is going to be involved with a lot of the important parts of that. I want to start commuting to work using a bike mostly, and I also have a bus and its only a couple of miles so its not horrible (although I do have some hills and a highway underpass I have to be careful about and/or work up to as I get started. But you gotta fit the bike, put on a few basic accessories even if it is a BS inexpensive basic bic bike to get started until I make sure I am going to actually do this before blowing out money for a Hybrid/Commuter bike that costs at least $300-$500 for a low end level, and then I'm gonna be customizing things. And I know people are like "but you can just buy a used bike" and believe me, I would LOVE to. Here is the problem. I am short. Bikes that made for adults usually start (if I'm lucky at 5'2" and go UP from there, some don't even start that "small", even bikes for women/ladies). So I end up buying a lot of childs' size bikes. That is what I had to do this time around. I actually bought a "child's" mountain bike. And while people can complain a mountain bike is too heavy and not great for commuting, I don't think that really matters when you are getting started. Cuz like .... you gotta start somewhere and if you gotta start cheap and with what you got (I'm buying a few basic accessories for the bike to keep me SAFE and less likely to crash and/or severely injured like lights and a helmet and some cheap fenders and some pant clips), but I'm not blowing all my money yet on "biking clothing." Look I will HAPPILY blow my money on that stuff when I know it is gonna be a thing, even in the rain, I don't mind. But I gotta build up first. But new bikes, much less used bikes, don't normally come small enough for me as a short female that are the commuter/hybrid bikes. I will find one when I'm ready. Believe me I will HAPPILY seek out used bikes first from short females who want to sell them. I want to always buy used and/or slightly used and/or refurbished and/or whatever whenever I can. It is how I have gotten so healthy on such a budget in a short period of time. I think of everything very carefully and thoughtfully, then sit down with other half who has a lot more experience and is honest on the budget, and that is how I progress. I have made a lot of progress in a short period of time so I am all about budgeting and sometimes taking the new starter ways and use what you got vs. blowing a lot of money on what people tell you that you "need" when you may not even be into it. I know many Americans love to just randomly blow money and have retail therapy or invest a lot of money into a new hobby before they are really even in it. If you are really into it, go crazy within your budget limits. But make sure it is the passion that you are willing to invest that time of passion before you start investing the money and resources that is going to fuel that time and passion and effort. That goes for everything in life in my opinion. Start small, build up, then dive in like crazy. But make sure you are willing to take that dive because it requires a lot of discipline and commitment. It is ok to dabble and do it as a hobby you do here and there. But if you are going to really do it, where it becomes part of your lifestyle and a part of even your persona and things that define you, you are going to need that discipline and commitment. If you ain't willing to put it in - well - I won't be negative. I am fine with you doing things just here and there and dabbling. But if you want to blow a lot of money.... I am not about conspicuous wasteful consumption. Enough of that goes on in the world and leads to a lot of waste.

Wow that was quite a tangent. But it kinda defines what I've been up to outside of DC and where I'm at. I had this chronic migraine/headache thing ongoing first full time then off and on and peaks up now and again and is mostly under control and I feel much better. But since I work M-F, I can definitely tell by Friday I need to put on my UV blockers on top of my glasses (yes, I need new glasses that just have the Blue Light AND UV filters already built into them. I have to do nothing but stare at a computer screen and process projects all day long, which I love and is probably the perfect job for me, thank god I got rid of having to deal with customers!!! Oh so happiness, but that light really hurts. And it is just a known thing that if I didn't already have migraines that would come and go on and off for years, that when you are a female and hit a certain age, migraines, including ongoing for whatever reason, or nerve pain or headaches or clusters or whatever you are going thru) can just suddenly show up even if you've never experienced before. It is the joy of getting older, although let me tell you, I have dreamed of being this age since I was 8-9 years old. I love it. No complaints. I know, I was a weird kid. I just wanted to be (what used to be considered middle aged), but not just an adult, but a decade or two into adulthood, be wearing business clothes doing business stuff. That was always what I wanted. I would stare at the sears catalogs at all the women in business clothes and suits and just be like "Wow, I want to be that." I also wanted to be in a long term monogamous traditional marriage. I didn't want to date, I just wanted to be married. I don't recommend this for everyone, but I did this by age 18.5 - 18.75. And I was THRILLED. #LyfeGoals. They weren't life goals I'd suggest for most people, but they were the way I was built and I knew it early on and I am super happy. I'm not a super corporate my job is everything (obviously not, I am not a manager or some big shot business executive, although I've had my moments where I've done some pretty cool as heck businessy stuffs), but .... I like having a combo of the two, I like working, and I like working in a corporate place where I am doing something slightly higher than being a low rank and file basic entry level worker, although I have no qualms starting there. I also don't have a problem "reducing" myself to help take care of things that fall out of my job description. If someone had a major spill (for example, one of our trash can counter tops has a hole, but someone forgot to either put the trash can back, or put a liner in the bag, or put a trash bag vs. a really poorly weak trash liner in it, and it made a big mess and someone expected our "cleaning crew" to clean it up, but that wasn't their job technically, and they are a hired cleaning team. What their job entails is very clearly lined out in their contract and agreement so they aren't just our maids/servants to clean up after our messes, unlike the cleaning crew for maybe a higher level executive who might get that sort of treatment. I've worked in hospitality, food service, and customer service so long that I would have no problem cleaning up wet coffee grounds from the bottom of a cabinet. I am just like that. I don't want my managers in suits scooping down to deal with garbage when I am much more casually dressed and have no problems dealing with things like that and just consider it something I am doing to make life better for my co-workers. I never consider those jobs degrading. Now if I was in a nice suit and I had a presentation, I'm not gonna sign up for that, but ... that is only because I cannot afford to mess up my suit and make a bad impression and in that moment, I have to have some self dignity if only because I cannot afford to replace the suit, and I cannot afford to mess something important up. Otherwise, I would much rather be the person who does that stuff rather than making one of my other co-workers do it, even though they would never ask us to do it. That is what they have the cleaning crew and/or facilities people and team and managers to figure out how to deal with that stuff. But the cleaning crew was NOT happy, and I don't blame them. There job isn't to clean up our messes all day long each and every day, or at least not without extra pay. Or if it is, it needs to be written into the contract. They have very specific and expected tasks they perform ALL DAY LONG non stop and various schedules and special extra tasks to keep things cleaner scheduled at special times, or our facilities people do that. But there is A LOT they don't do. They don't dust down our desks every week or two or even month. That is MY job. If I want a clean desk, I clean it. If I make a mess on my desk, I CLEAN IT UP. If I make a mess at lunch, generally speaking, I am the one to clean it up. There are a few exceptions to this like ,..... if I spill something on the floor, and it is staining the carpet, I will get down and clean up what I can, but honestly, that is not expected of me and if they see me doing it they will often come over and tell me not to do that they are happy to help. Like I have a tea drink with dark unsweetened powdered cocoa in it and let me tell you... that stuff can STAIN and leave a dark brown spot. Or look far worse than it is. They have special carpet cleaners and sprays to not only get that sopped up, but to help also best prevent it from staining the carpet underneath or make the stain lighter. One of the reasons I went on a tumbler/cup buying spree (which my husband doesn't really understand and has now put a 6 month ban on me buying any new ones, which I think is fair since I have literally more than I need, brought the old ones home, and now we hardly have space to store them and aren't using them - I may just give some of them away... I actually have so many I have back ups of my primary cups/mugs/tumblers because I am so OCD about these things if I don't have them I will not be happy and it will throw off my day, it is an ingrained routine and I MUST have it - so there is some justification, but I'm ok on the temp ban as I literally have more cups and back ups of back ups that it is a bit more than a little over the top - He has a very valid point. But so you don't think he controls me, if there was a totally legit reason for me to buy something and I loved it beyond words, I could buy it. But it better really be super important to me and he isn't going to be happy about it cuz he is the one who has to find a place to store all the stuff I have brought home from work cuz I have so many. I have to respect that. I may take a few back to leave in my desk so it isn't taking up his valuable limited cabinet space that I am not using at home to be a lot more fair, and to just have 3 layers of back up drinking containers - always prepared!!! I wouldn't be this prepared if it really has been issues for me in the past where I left a cup at home I needed a good cleaning and then forgot to bring it back to work and it threw off my entire routine and really messed with my day. So - it does matter! We all have our things, I'll admit to mine!!!)

SO **I want and NEED to accomplish something!!** Hopefully it will be my bicycle, but I also have a room full of clothes that no longer fit me, are so old they have no purpose, and I need to get those sorted and donated so I know what I "actually have" before I consider what I may or may not buy so I'm adding things to my clothing wardrobe that serve a purpose. I hate shopping, I hate having a lot of clothes, so don't think I dress in just junk stuff, but I want it to have a purpose and a need. Not just something that was an impulse buy that serves no purpose.

I feel also feel a pang of unhappiness when I have something I am not using. I would rather get it out of my house (yay decluttering), but also having the knowledge that I am possibly passing it on to someone who will really enjoy it and may have a need or desire for it. I do that sorta thing a lot here in DC too. I encourage it a lot among people. If I find something fun or cool and I think XYZ person or persons might LOVE it, or someone might really enjoy it, I want to get it in their hands more than I want to make super moolah off that process. I have a long list of people who can attest to that, and I've had people do the same for me. I'm just a bit more obsessive or something. I just feel in the chaos in the universe, things may happen that may fit into pattern that may or may not be fate, but it sorta feels that way, and if it makes someone happy, even if they don't take it but they know I thought of them and don't want anything in return .... well I know that would make me happy. It shows that someone not only likes you, but they care on a deeper level. I highly recommend if you run across things that seem like they could be special, but not so much to you, you at least post them in the Departures thread, or if you think you know someone who might love it, ask around via chat or other threads that you are looking to get it to a specific type of person (or even state that on your two way teleport) and have people offer a junk egg and send you a PM with the reason why they like it. The longer you are around, the more you know people, and people often list things they really want or like in their sig and/or profile. Don't be afraid to send people things with no strings attached, and give them the right to turn it down. The thought is really what counts, because you thought about it. And that is a kindness.

Anyway, where was I going.... I want to accomplish something, the anxious feeling as gone away, and I feel a lot better having typed stuff out. It is therapeutic. And it is a way I can let people know what is going on in my life without necessarily typing it all out in a long essay in the Player Events & Activity thread cuz it really is LONG and doesn't really belong there. So.... that is how I am doing today, and I will promise to post something MORE on topic and do some stuff this weekend that hopefully will also take care of that stuff too! I am happy to see people having a really great time with breeding out their dragons and keeping the AP time low. Some people have risen to the challenge far above and beyond and it cracks me up. I know a lot of people hate walls. But you know... I smile because I know someone took a LOT of time to help contribute to the cause of Lower AP times which helps all players and play styles. So rock on people, I'm glad to see you having a good time with it for whatever reasons, and I'm glad to see players doing things to fill the time as a Player based activity/event as an individual, or a group individual, or even a group effort in addition to the things we normally associate with "Player Events" like raffles, games, gifting and the like. It is another form of both breeding and gifting. You may not be as pleased with the "gift" showing up right now, but there is PLENTY of things to do in game in the mean time, and if you don't know what else to do.... let me recommend a thread that might give you a list of various things to do as well as all sorts of posts of different activities to try .... linked below in sig. You might find some really interesting stuff out there you never knew existed. Go poke around the Forum and see what is out there. Try some of the interactive parts of the game like joining in on a discussion, looking around for people you might like (including if you just like getting a potential free breeding from them, because believe me there are TONS of people that like their greatest joy is to breed and gift things to people, you are not taking advantage of them. THEY WANT TO HELP. THIS MAKES THEM HAPPY!!! And you might make some new connections and friends along the way who can introduce you to other cool people as well! Or give you some pointers or references of other cool places to check out) and send them a PM, or consider some of the real time chatty programs we have available related to the DC Game. They are super cool and I love popping in and chatting with people. These people really get to know each other and are very generous and fun and funny and kind. And you will learn lots of stuff.

OR Go outside, go accomplish something, go do an errand, go take a nap! Napping is my favorite activity, and I'll probably be taking one soon. So my day I will accomplish some things, Not sure what all I'm gonna accomplish this weekend, but I cannot wait to get it done. How about you?

Today was frustrating. Made myself go to work despite being overly emotional and already anxious before work... I was supposed to do my favorite task today, but it depends on other people getting their stuff done on time and that didn't happen and I didn't even get to *start* my favorite task before it was time to leave. Plus, someone was working at my desk today which meant I had to work somewhere else for the day and that's really not fun. 

My Easter was pretty fun. We went to my grandma's house, which is normally pretty boring, but since it was nice weather we got to go outside. We dug some stuff out of Grandma's garage and made up a game where you hit a baseball across the yard and someone has to catch it in a fishing net. :lol:

I have had a good day, or a fairly good week - or maybe month. But I got a lot done, my basement is getting organised, I put up two sheets of drywall, mudded it and gonna do more tomorrow. Can't wait to have a decent living space!

My day was semi okay, stay in bed all day, eat a little bit of snacks. All just to prepare for tomorrow’s day of work.

Today was good. Started out a little poorly.  One of the guys I clean for needed his plane detailed. I called to figure out when the mechanic was doing the oil change. He said he wasn’t. Awesome. Drive the 30 minutes to the airport. I’m just pulling up when I get a call that another mechanic said he had time to do the oil change. 

Now one I gotta figure what the flip to do. Get there and decide to make the best out of the situation. Vacuum the inside. (Mechanic was actually pretty careful to not dirty the inside up when he did his runup.) 👍🏻

An hour later and a $150 oil change for the owner, I finally get to have the plane to myself. Five hours later, I finished. White plane was beautifully white. Owner of the plane loaded his plane up with containers of pretzels. Looked like a good twenty jars. Hahaha. God bless pilots. They’re wonderful to work for most of the time. 

Oh yes. It was finally not below 60° F or raining on a plane detailing. However, I am sunburnt even though I mostly “chilled” under the plane. Hahaha. Gotta love that plane grease. It was beautiful when I finished though! 

Got to hang out with my sister for a few hours. It was lovely. Chatted with her. Bought some cute as fudge Easter gnomes for the yard. XD Bought some cheap groceries. Mostly fruit snacks and Gatorade. Found a good sounding watermelon! OuO Excited about that. 

Time me to sleep and then work from 8am-7pm tomorrow!! 

Gotta prep for my area solo coming up. And then, I get to get my cross countries done!! :D I’m so hyped. 

Today was pretty rough, but I survived. Yesterday, my eyes felt very irritated, but I thought it was just because of my allergies. The irritation turned to pain on my right eye, and today then pain was so bad I had to go see a doctor about. Good thing I went, turns out my eyelid is infected. Also since our car broke down on Wednesday, I've had to bike everywhere, and  today, winter decided to come back. I had to bike to school and work in a freezing cold snow storm, which made my eye feel even worse. My day got a lot better when my dad drove over 200km to jumpstart our car and drive it to a shop with a replacement part! We had lunch together and I was just so happy that he came to help us. He also told me that he didn't mind the drive and that he was happy to visit us too. Now I'm just gonna rest for the evening and hope the antibiotics for my eye will help the infection soon.

Well, yesterday was iffy I guess, ended up not working at all this week because mom came home from rehab on Tuesday and I wasn't comfortable leaving her alone yet. My boss sounded fine with it on the phone, and in general my schedule is very lenient and everyone there is very understanding, but it's still frustrating (especially since I don't have much PTO available to use) (and especially because yesterday was supposed to be my favorite-task day...).

Today has been fine so far, it's only noon but I'm feeling alright and I've just been told that a church friend is bringing us lunch this afternoon, that's nice. Did wake up a little grumpy, for some reason the gardeners have been here *every single day* this week, usually they are here Monday morning and Thursday or Friday, but it's been every single day and the noise really triggers my anxiety.

I'm feeling really tired today... It's one of those days where I wish I could have just gone back to sleep rather than actually doing anything. :rolleyes:

Hi, everyone! I've just returned from a pretty long hiatus. Finals are finally over!!!

Too bad I missed Halloween, Christmas, *and* Valentine's, but life happens. Any big things I've missed aside from new holiday dergs?

It was actually quite good. Went to this art group meeting today, kinda sad that the group's going on a summer break soon, it's the only time of the week when I can consistently get my drawing mood on and start clearing the huuuuuuuuuge backlog of things to do. Hitting the gym tomorrow for (almost) the first time in a long, long while.

Mine's been pretty okay. Got the house cleaned up a little bit, discovered the absolute cuteness that is Freckle dragons when I randomly grabbed an egg from the AP. Thought it was cute but its lineage was a mess, so I decided to see what biomes it spawns in, and as soon as I looked there was another! So I got a CB one too :D

I also grabbed a hatchie from the AP and genuinely expected it to be a Spirit Ward because it was gendered but looked similar-ish to my non-gendered hatchie and I've been away for so long that I didn't recognize a lot of new breeds. But it grew up and oh god I accidentally got a black alt?? What luck! :0

Had a busy day today doing a lot of chores around the house, including giving my giant hairy dog a bath. That took a lot of shampoo but at least he didn't mind it. (On the contrary I think he liked all of the attention :lol:

Now I'm off to work on the huge number of tests I'm faced with for the end of the school year. -_- I'm hoping to get 3 done today...

I had a pretty chill day at work, but I've been feeling quite fatigued for the last few days. Today wasn't any different, and after work all I wanted to do was collapse in bed and never move again. But I had to, since we're visiting my parents and friends this weekend. Now I'm trying to write an assignment so I wouldn't have to worry about it later, but it's a lot of work and I'm feeling very tired again. I'm trying not to even think about my thesis that I haven't worked on for weeks now, and its deadline that just creeps closer and closer...

Went to my grandmas house today to celebrate Mother's day. It was kind of weird... (what kind of cookout is "bring your own meat" 🤔) but I did get to meet my uncle's new puppy. ^_^

Edited by Aqub

Today was nice (and sorta lazy). Didn't go anywhere, we knew it would be too crowded at any of the good restaurants for Mother's Day so we just spent the day hanging out, watching tv, and napping. I gave my mom her Mother's Day presents and she really likes them all, so that was nice.