xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

Fighting a stay up late, sleep all day funk. Been needing to clean for a week and have put it off each day. Forcing myself to clean today. Mood today is 'blah', lol.

I got bored and drew some mythological creatures, I decided to redo this one drawing since I didn't care for how it turned out the first time around.

I always thought the nine-tailed foxes where interesting, ever since a friend told me about them while playing Pokemon. They have cool powers, lore, and designs.

I did three types to correspond with the three main telling for the story, Kitsune, Huli Jing, and Gumiho.

The Kitsune got a very traditional coloring from the red fox, nothing fancy. 

The Huli-Jing got a more fanciful golden pelt with funny grey markings that I added purely to look nice and give it more than just a golden fur. 

The Gumiho got the white pelt which seems to be the main color they're protracted as and some rib-like red markings, some spots, and some tail rings. Mainly because they're the most aggressive of the three legends and the red spots/tail rings just because I think they look good.

Other than that today has been uneventful, things are already SUPER cold and it's only gonna get worse!

Unbelievably superb!!!

This is my 1st time catching an unbreedable fresh out of the cave!!!!

(Gallus gallus chickenus)

My last 24 hours hasn't been very good because I suddenly got sick yesterday and now feeling I'm even more sick...

Edited by Aqub

Woaaah @blockEdragon those are beautiful! 

My day was alright, did a ton of laundry that we've been putting off for way too long. Had a minor anxiety attack this morning after multiple little things went wrong and got overwhelming. Had to call my insurance to correct the information on the new card they sent me (they listed a primary doctor I've never even heard of), but the woman I talked to was very nice and it was taken care of quickly. This evening while watching tv with mom I said 'I get to go to work tomorrow!' and she pointed out how amazing it is that I say that now, when I used to *dread* work and literally cry just thinking about it. 

Got up this morning excited for Halloween breeding but this day is just not going well. Before I could even get one sip of coffee my son comes to tell me he was sick in his bed. It's okay - just clean child and start laundry. So far I've done three loads with another three waiting. Then my husband decides to tell me this morning that we're almost out of cat food. I order that online and there's no way it'll be here when we needed. Now I have to go out, with a slight sick child, so I can feed my kitties. Oh, and we need kitty litter too. Really, dear? :dry:

Plus, both vehicles decided to need repairs at the same time. My car started to misfire so I took that in - failed fuel injector. While the car was in the shop I drove my truck, which my husband uses for work, and it was idling rough. Of course, hubby doesn't notice it. I got my car back yesterday and will take the truck in next week.

I also accepted a trade last night that I regret. It's really not a big deal but it irritating me. It wasn't a terrible trade; I even kinda like it. I think it's more the way the other play is not responding to my concerns that bothers me the most. (I even feel better just typing that out.)

Them lizards are back to haunt me. Somehow they don't seem to realize that the attraction they feel towards me is anything but reciprocated. Ever since I was a kid, they'd have a habit of falling over me outta nowhere. Naturally, I'm quite traumatized. And the fact that I live with a mother from whom I prolly inherited the phobia doesn't help either. smhsmh.

Sad and frustrating.  There is a massive grocery department rearrangement going on at work, so nothing is where we're used to stocking it and we have to wander around searching for everything and taking up extra time.  And then last night was a fairly large delivery and my shift was very understaffed, so we had to leave a lot undone.  I feel bad for my immediate boss, because I happen to like this one and he's certainly getting chewed out by the store manager right this moment about how much work we left.  But when the evening shift didn't finish what they were supposed to and we're down almost 60 man-hours in our own shift, what can he do?

Oh, and no one bothered to tell us overnighters that the enrollment period for insurance has not only started, but is almost over.  Typical.

Edit:  Status update:  The power flickered a few minutes ago and now I can't get either of the fishtanks' filters to come back on (what good is using a surge protector then, I ask you?).  I don't really want to shell out for another one, but I don't have much choice...

Edit 2: I got a new filter up and working, but now I'm suspicious that the heater blew out too, but I'll just have to keep an eye on the temperature over the next few hours.  The new filter was $40, a new heater will be about the same.  :dry:

Edited by Gryphonic

Well today has just been full of NOPE. Went to church this morning which is usually the highlight of my weekend now that I've actually found a church I feel comfortable in.... Before the sermon even started we had to leave. During the praise team's songs I suddenly got really dizzy and had to sit down, I took a 'dizzy pill' (something my dr prescribed, don't remember the name) but then the dizziness morphed into really bad nausea. I wanted so badly to stay so I kind of told myself I was fine, told mom I was fine, took a few deep breaths... Nope. Had to leave. Cried in the car. 

Things were a bit better for awhile after that, but then.... Mom tends to set off the smoke alarm every single time she uses the stove and I can't figure out how/why. It hardly ever goes off when I use the stove. The smoke alarm triggers my anxiety *really* bad, and mom knows this. We've gotten into the habit of pulling her big fan into the hallway and pointing it directly at the smoke alarm, every single time she uses the stove, in an attempt to stop the alarm from going off. So we did that today, everything was going alright, then she told me to put the fan back in her room because she was 'done' using the stove. The stove was still on. There was still bits of smoke. I tried to say something but she got annoyed and told me again to put the fan back. So I did. Can you guess what happened? Yup, the alarm went off. And I happened to be very close to it when it did. And my anxiety came on *strong*, I ended up curled up in my room crying. And now mom is acting all pissy because of it, even though *she* was the reason the alarm went off.... 

@HeatherMarie That sounds horrible, I hope the last couple days have been less stressful for you. :( Smoke alarms really bother me too, luckily ours isn't prone to going off every time someone cooks. :unsure: 

My day has been alright so far, but I'm really tired despite sleeping for a perfectly acceptable amount of time, which is cutting into my ability to focus on the schoolwork I need to do. This always happens and it's so weird. :rolleyes:

Okay, so tomorrow is my birthday, my 43rd. the legal age to drink in our area is 19.

So I was purchasing beer to make an advent calender for my husband and when in checkout I got carded. I had to laugh.

4 hours ago, Starscream said:

Okay, so tomorrow is my birthday, my 43rd. the legal age to drink in our area is 19.

So I was purchasing beer to make an advent calender for my husband and when in checkout I got carded. I had to laugh.

I have to ask, how are you making an advent calendar with beer?? (And happy birthday!)

My day was alright, it was payday so that's nice, went to work to get my check then to the bank to cash it, then sorted the money as needed (I have separate 'funds' to make things easier on my poor brain). Had a tiny little 'fight' with mom, can't even really be called a fight, just me being shocked at something she said and her immediately shutting down the conversation because she didn't want to deal with it. I wrapped some more of her birthday/Christmas presents, that's always fun. 

Edited by HeatherMarie

2 hours ago, HeatherMarie said:

I have to ask, how are you making an advent calendar with beer?? (And happy birthday!)

My day was alright, it was payday so that's nice, went to work to get my check then to the bank to cash it, then sorted the money as needed (I have separate 'funds' to make things easier on my poor brain). Had a tiny little 'fight' with mom, can't even really be called a fight, just me being shocked at something she said and her immediately shutting down the conversation because she didn't want to deal with it. I wrapped some more of her birthday/Christmas presents, that's always fun. 

going to get mailer tubes and fill it with individual craft brews.

Quite exhausting. Mowed and whipper snipped the lawn. Front yard has this obnoxious hill that's incredibly tiring to mow, but that wasn't half the battle that getting the whipper snipper to work was. New fuel didn't help, using the ONE+ Easy Starter didn't help (one of them fancy auto starter things because whipper snippers can be a pita to start). So I looked at the spark plug... or tried to. Couldn't get it out with a traditional socket set so I had to go out and buy one. Then that place didn't have the spark plugs I needed - not that there was any staff around to help so I had to look that up myself on a dying phone. Went somewhere completely different which had a different brand so I had to look up the equivalent, but at least it was cheaper. Eventually got the old plug out and wouldn't you know it... according to a random chart on the internet, it was carbon fouled. Probably wouldn't have started even if someone with a bit more pulling power tried. Could be worse I guess, a $21 fix ($16 spark plug wrench kit and 5$ spark plug) is better than replacing the $190 snipper.

Edited by Omen

Had to search my apartment for my ballot (I have way too many piles of mail and general papers lying around).  Now I'm trying to make sense of it.  Then I dread driving into downtown to drop it off.   Otherwise, the evening was fun with my minis painting group, and then I napped a lot during the night.   Tonight is the start of another workweek, bah.

Oh, I forgot my boss was holding a grassroots meeting early this morning that I want to go to.  Oops.

Edit:  Civic duty completed.   I firmly believe that if you don't participate, you've given up your right to complain.  :P

Edited by Gryphonic

Today was alright, went shopping at Walmart in part because I wanted mom to pick out a winter outfit for her birthday. 'Winter' is used loosely of course, we rarely get below 50 degrees during the day. Got a tad frustrated when the outfit she found was more expensive then I'd expected, but I found an *awesome* Christmas-and-cats t-shirt for myself so that was nice. Also got a cheap little sweater for my dog, he has very short fur and I worry about him getting cold on our night walks. 

I've been sick as hell the past couple days, I ended up staying home yesterday from work because I could barely talk. I was awake again for most of last night because my acid reflux was acting up and I thought I was going to be sick. I'm going to work today and see how it goes, if I don't feel well I'll probably leave.

Pretty boring, and not very productive because I've had a bad headache all day that keeps me from focusing. :dry:

Had myself a nice day off from work, cooked some good food, went to the store, picked up an advent calendar... going to dye my hair purple again tonight I think before I shower. :)

Work was alright, if rather boring.  Right now I'm stressing because my car insurance card expires today, and the new one still hasn't arrived...  Dad's going to see if he can get at it through the company website somehow later.  I don't have the account info myself to get in there. 

21 hours ago, Kaini said:

picked up an advent calendar

Just to clarify, are we talking about the ones with chocolates? 

If yes, how do you resist the temptation until December? 😮I can't buy chocolate: I end up eating all in 2 days 😂 

2 hours ago, relaks said:

Just to clarify, are we talking about the ones with chocolates? 

If yes, how do you resist the temptation until December? 😮I can't buy chocolate: I end up eating all in 2 days 😂 

Yes indeed we are, hersheys! 

I resist because I have other chocolate on hand, lol. :D

Today it snowed o_o 

3 hours ago, Kaini said:

Today it snowed o_o 

Snowed? I'm always amazed at the differences in weather, we are still in mid-80s here!

Today was kinda not great, yet another unexpected no-desk situation at work (I really really need to talk to my boss about that but he wasn't there at all this week) which resulted in a day of constant anxiety. Never had an actual attack, but I did spend some time in the meditation room. And I did something to my back when I lifted a box that was a lot heavier then I'd expected, it really really hurts now, I'm pretty sure I'll have trouble sleeping tonight.

I spent the whole shift thinking it was Saturday night/Sunday morning, and my week was therefore about over.  I was so ready for a weekend!  And I was crushed when someone informed me otherwise. :(

I don't know how my internal clock got that off, but it still feels like a Sunday morning, somehow.