xeyla

The "How was your Day" thread

I had been feeling quite anxious and generally bad but talking about things helped and made me feel more at ease. I just wish weekends would be longer though, I'm sure I'm going to feel done with the week tomorrow by noon already.

Seems kind of random, but I just learnt that a singer I've always liked - a LOT - died today and I'm kinda sad. He was very old, but had such a beautiful voice... RIP Charles Aznavour, now I'm going to listen to his songs pretty much all day. 

Plus today was kind of a mess in my city for reasons that are getting more and more annoying so I was already in a bad mood. Grumph.

Today has been.... Interesting, so far. Still relatively early in the day, though. We had a *huge*, very sudden storm yesterday (got caught in it coming home from church and had to pull into a parking lot for a good half hour because it was impossible to *see*) and this town is really not equipped to handle that sort of thing. We have very few 'rain gutters' on the main streets, which surprised the heck out of me when I first moved here, very little rain-drainage capabilities at all, so when it rains hard a lot of the parking lots, school yards, etc get completely flooded. The residential streets around our apartment complex are mostly dry now, but going just a couple blocks to the dollar store this morning we saw plenty of very large 'puddles' both in parking lots and random stretches of roads. Supposedly we still have a general storm-warning for the rest of the week, but so far it hasn't come back, though it did sprinkle a little this morning. It's just an interesting situation in general because we really don't get this sort of weather around here, like ever. 

My smoke alarm went off for no reason while I was sleeping. Not a good day so far. 

Today reinforced my idea of "good days" being terrible days in disguise.

And by that I mean I started getting optimistic about my upcoming work program, and then my dad went and outed himself as being misogynistic. And I am a female of the species.

Mixed so far.  I got some drawing done before work, which was good.    My one and only friend has been distant/distracted lately, which is not so good.  Got assigned to somewhere I don't like working, but I got a bit of help which was good for my morale.   One of my new shoes was painful, and I limped for part of the night. Then I adulted and drove into downtown to go to the DMV (I hate driving, especially in downtown, and then the sign on the door said the offices had moved and I had to drive somewhere else I'd never been).  Car-related stuff is scary, and paying large bills is scary, but now I can sit at home having checked off something major for another year.  Yay? :)

Oh, and I'm increasingly sure I've become lactose intolerant in the last half year.  I'm still trying to figure out my diet now, since I love dairy products, including in my tea and coffee.  (Yes, there are a lot of nondairy creamers out there, but everything I've tried has tasted odd, or had too much sweetener already in it.)   :(

Eh. My peer support took me to Goodwill and I spent too much money on birthday presents for my mom (well, 'too much' for a perpetually-broke person like me), but I had a lot of fun and I'm excited about the presents. Then I got home and called to double-check that I had transportation scheduled for my therapy appt this afternoon.... Nope. They hadn't put in a transport request for this appt despite me *always* reminding them that I need transport. That was fairly anxiety-inducing, and I was about ready to just tell them forget it I'll reschedule the freaking appointment, but the transport driver said he'd be able to drive me even though I wasn't on the schedule. Which is really nice of him and I'm glad, but that doesn't negate the frustration of the whole thing, which my mom never seems to understand. She seems to think that the second a problem gets resolved I should immediately be all happy again and that's just not how my mind works.

oh hey, just like that thread on magistream.

yesterday i was thinking about frozens. my brain just kinda yelled GOBLINS and now the thought is stuck there.
so i ended up with this train of thought about how little dragons are goblins. what if, IC, there's a lot more frozens in the wilds than grown dragons because very few dragons actually grow to their full legendary size, since with too many full-sized dragons around they'd end up starving themselves out. so the wilds are up to their ankles in creepy little goblin dergs, becoming frighteningly dangerous for their size after centuries of hunting/ambush practice but never losing their mischievous hatchling nature. while the majestic full-grown dragons are out burning villages and fussing over eggs, the forever stunted, sterile goblins are out playing dastardly pranks on anything smart enough to be thoroughly toyed with. maybe they're like the magical creatures in old folktales. just imagine giving wings, breath weapons, and the plotting, beyond-human cunning of a dragon to a pack of hyenas. they're probably around the same size/diet range in most cases.

Edited by Branimir
spooky scary skeletons ~ send shivers down your spine ~ shrieking skulls will shock your soul ~ and seal your doom tonight

My day was alright, went grocery shopping and mom barbecued so we have yummy carne asada for dinner. The night, however, isn't turning out too great. Last night we discovered our fridge's freezer wasn't working and everything in it was thawing/melting. So we called maintenance and transferred most stuff to our chest freezer. Maintenance never responded, but this morning it seemed the fridge-freezer was working alright again. Put a couple things in it to test and everything went fine. Then this evening I wake up from a nap and once again everything in there is melting. Called maintenance yet again, finally talked to someone who said they can't do anything tonight but they'll come look in the morning. We have had issues with this fridge for over a year now and maintenance's response is *always* some version of 'you are doing this or that wrong, do it this way instead' which never actually fixes the problem, so I'm expecting something like that when they come in the morning.

Woke up and went out early so I wouldn't have to rush through my morning routine and work... obviously, this is the day the subway doesn't work on time and I'll probably end up arriving just on time, maybe late.

I hate starting the day like this because I'm tired and it puts me in a bad mood for the whole day and I'm irritable and all around unpleasant. 🙄

@RandomBreeder well...2 of the gold tinsels I got from breeding so I can continue my PB gold tinsel lineage. 2 of the golds I got from AP (lucky). The other 1 gold tinsel and gold I got for free in trade (lucky also). 😂

Day was pretty good, went to church and it was announced last weekend's rummage sale made over $2,000 for Operation Christmas Child so that's awesome. The praise team sang my favorite song so that was awesome too. Less awesome was having to take everything out of our fridge/freezer so maintenance could put a new one in, and then fretting about things that *need* to be cold sitting in the new fridge that's taking awhile to get cool, but I'm kind of amazed they actually finally gave in and gave us a new fridge at all so that's a positive. Literally spent my last $5 today, so I'm broke until payday on Friday (technically there is a bit of Emergency money if needed, but I refuse to touch that most of the time). 

My day today was more than perfect!!! I woke up with minimal back pain, got lukewarm shower water (normally it's cold [non-adjustable temp]), was the first person in the classroom for 2 hours (ikr), aced my Cookery Test, finally got noticed by my crush (after 3 months >.>), and I got another golden egg lock 😂

I slept super badly and woke up very tired and grumpy. I was planning on going to "work" but I was too tired to function so I decided to just rest a bit more and work on my thesis later. Well, my "rest" has lasted all the way till now (7PM) and I've been feeling so off the whole day. At least I managed to finally call the doctor to make an appointment to test if I have asthma, which is something I've been putting off for.... a year now? The appointment is a day after my dentist appointment, so I'll be spending a lot of time in healthcare that week.

Very stressful, work has been not stop receiving freight and we have no room to put anything anywhere! We literally had to block the aisle off with boxes so people couldn't go down it, which didn't stop a few customers from sneaking in. 

I got home and I haven't moved from the couch since I got here. My feet are throbbing.

I successfully adulted on several more things (the bill this month is going to be a little alarming, but it was all legally- and/or safety-required), had a decent night at work, and came onto DC this morning to the most beautiful surprise!  And today there are no errands to do, so I'm going to have some cocoa, read a book, and tuck in early.  Possibly draw a little. :)

I'm having a good day because I finally managed to adopt a positive attitude about something that's been bothering me, and I had a really good grilled ham and egg sandwich for breakfast so that helps. ;)

The day started out fairly sucky, had to go shopping early this morning and felt really sick so shopping was a bit of a nightmare. Spent more on food then I'd realized and I now only have $16 of food money left for the month. But I got my paycheck today and it was about $20 more then I'd calculated because I keep forgetting I now get holiday pay, and we took my dog on *two* car rides which is always fun because he is always so happy to ride in the car. *And*, the biggest news of all, our ridiculously-noisy upstairs neighbors are *finally* moving out after literally 2 years of us constantly complaining and management doing absolutely nothing. (They always said it's just 'the floors creaking' and such, completely ignoring the constant loud bangs that literally shook the walls...)

I've had a nice chill day, I've been playing video games, cooked some delicious food and now I'm having a glass of wine and watching NHL. 

23 hours ago, hedy said:

I've had a nice chill day, I've been playing video games, cooked some delicious food and now I'm having a glass of wine and watching NHL. 

That sounds like a great day, what did you cook? 🍝

----
I just got back from archery practice and am happy because I feel like I did a lot better today. 🏹

1 hour ago, Harebelle said:

That sounds like a great day, what did you cook? 🍝

----
I just got back from archery practice and am happy because I feel like I did a lot better today. 🏹

Beef patties and oven roasted veggies (carrot, red pepper, zucchini, potato, garlic)! So cool that you do archery, I've been wanting to try that for so long but haven't gotten around to it yet. Have you been doing it for long?

Today was nice too, enjoyed the gloomy autumn walking around the neighborhood. My arm is the only thing bothering me right now, I did some TRX exercises at the gym a few days ago after a longer break and now my right bicep is absolutely killing me! I can't straighten my arm without wincing in pain. Hopefully it'll recover soon, currently treating it with a heating pad. 

School resumes tomorrow and today's been absolutely unproductive. Worst part? I can't go to sleep yet cuz these retards decide to pump water now of all times. If I sleep at school tomorrow, then... 😰