Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I'm not going to tell anybody what and/or when to do anything but... did you guys already take in consideration that we could have a new release this weekend?

I'm sorry, I'm lost. What in particular am I supposed to take into consideration here?

If anyone doesn't want to breed or pick up these eggs because there's a release, they don't have to. This is optional, after all.

I would have thought that was extremely obvious... While I personally could not care less about Holiday-Kin, I'm sure many would love to have them and would pick them up fast from the AP. If a new release and the Holiday-Kin massbreed event happen at the same time, those people will be forced to choose. I assume that is not a concern.

Edited by NotBambi

I would have thought that was extremely obvious... While I personally could not care less about Holiday-Kin, I'm sure many would love to have them and would pick them up fast from the AP. If a new release and the Holiday-Kin massbreed event happen at the same time, those people will be forced to choose. I assume that is not a concern.

The date has been set for about a month now and is a little less than a week away. Canceling now is going to be confusing and easy to miss. Especially if we wait to see when/if a release even will be. That's going to be more confusing and less fun.

If people prefer new releases over holiday-kin, they will pick up the new releases. No big deal. The holiday-kin will still go to loving homes. There will be people willing to wait to catch a release later. There will be people who have hatchie slots and decide to fill up before catching. There will be people who have trouble catching the release and may go for holiday-kin instead. There may be people only collecting one or two of new dragons and have room for holiday-kin. And all this is even if there is a release. Maybe the release will be tomorrow or even Friday and people's first round of new releases will have hatched by the time this rolls around. No use in confusing set plans for something when we don't even know when or if it will happen.

Besides, people make choices everyday in this game. I trust they can still do the same if we do get a release at the same time as this event.

I think 'you're' missing something. If we get a release this weekend, it will probably happen at midnite on either Friday or Saturday. The massbreed isn't until Monday and those eggs will go to the AP. Those AP eggs won't even be visible for at least 2 days.. and the longer they sit in the AP the less time they have on them. And the less time they have on them, the more desirable they will be.

The new release eggs will be able to hatch either midnite Sunday or midnite Monday. PLENTY of time to hatch new eggs then catch AP eggs after.

And the mass-breed eggs will probably be incuhatchable. It's nice to be able to fill empty hatchy space while waiting for new eggs to crack, too.

I think even if there is a new release, between the Holiday Kin breeding, general Fourth of July or Any Early July or Independence Day Celebrations or other Holidays from All over the world, also with Vhale's big raffle (link in sig in post above), there is so much awesomeness that is going to be going on in the next week, how could it not be exciting to have some super super exciting player events, and we might also get an in cave event or release.... sooo much to do in a time frame where people who don't always actively play will be checking in due to summer and holidays and fun. I can't wait!

Also I need to get breeding, I've been behind on that and lazy due to losing my A/C, so I probably should take some sit around time and make sure my breeding is ready to be prepped. So I might start some of my Holiday Kin breeding a tad early to make sure I can overlap it with Vhale's Raffle, allow myself to enjoy TWO awesome events at once, and then I can still participate all week long in everything and thru the weekend. I haven't been this excited about any holiday outside of normal amazingness of Xmas & Halloween & V-Day. What a great summer Treat!

And anything that causes low time eggs in the AP causes TONS of people to be happy. It's kinda win win win win win win win on all sides no matter how you play or your goals!

Edited by natayah

Ewwwww losing AC stinks!

On a happier note, the AP is down to incuhatchable status and we have a second 2g prize for the TMB raffle. Once the holiday kins join in I think we'll see the AP hit ER status. I'm waiting until then to breed my lot even though it's far more than holidays, So others may be too.

I am kinda spacing out my breeding over the next few days so I don't have to go entirely crazy in one 24 hour period. I found it helpful for some of the CB Holidays I had (or other lines) (especially since I had run out of the some other CB breeds due to another Breeding Raffle hosted by Vhale) that it was nice to breed them with some BSAs so even if the owners didn't like the color or want to checker or whatever, they will still have a useful BSA.

Just an FYI to consider for those running thru their holidays if they aren't sure what to breed them with. Certainly we want to encourage checkers and possible future lines, but also make something useful beyond that is another alternative or use is also an idea too!

Thanks to everyone involved, this is always one of my favorite type of breeding events as holiday lines are always great!

We will be breeding: July 4th

July 4th is the main event. If you cannot make the 4th, please feel free to join us on the 3rd or 5th.

Main event officially started an hour and a half ago!

Breed whenever you can, ya'll. shades.png

Remeber, if you have lineages that fit into the Mass Breed Raffle, you can enter that as well!

Also, there is a TMB raffle that will cover the July 4th date. We got a donation of a silver shimmer eggy biggrin.gif

I'm looking to wrap up the raffle on July 6th as I wanted to give people doing this one a shot to participate in both.

Thread link: https://forums.dragcave.net/index.php?showtopic=169092

Happy breeding, and I can't wait to see these eggs in the AP!

I've been breeding my CB Christmas and Valentines dragons, and I'll stretch out the Halloweens and 2g+ dragons over the next couple of days ^^ Trying out some more different combinations and colours!

just bred 100 Holiday-kins, including 1 Gold, 3 Silvers and 7 Prizes tongue.gif

Done with my Christmas dragons (60ish pairs?) except a few CBs and of course the ones I missed getting mates for. rolleyes.gif Need to check if one or two are hiding somewhere on my vast scroll ...

Will go through the others later.

edit: Valentine's done as well smile.gif

edit edit: Halloween done as well.

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I just bred a ton of them last night! Including some nice Hybrid eggs and a shiny or two~ I can't wait to see these things start to pop up in the AP.

Well I bred what few babies I could, hopefully they get loving homes :3 Also got a lot of refusals but we won't go there >_>

Well, I only bred proved pairs so no issues with refusals. A lot of "no interest" from all my Silvers and Golds, though.

Well, I only bred proved pairs so no issues with refusals. A lot of "no interest" from all my Silvers and Golds, though.

Oh I got that too. I wanted to try a new breeding linage with a few of my CB holidays and it bit me in the rear. Oh well xd.png

Can't say I didn't have any unfortunate misclicks, but I did breed a few pretty things around them! Can't wait to see what other interesting eggies show up in the AP. smile.gif

Got mine bred! I kept a couple pyrope pairs I needed for myself, I dropped one pretty 3g Gold egg, And my Mistletoes outright refused to behave.

My big Sweetling - Tan lineage threw more blue than tan ridgiewings this time. But there's several eggies out there!

Bred all of my caveborn Valentines, Halloweens and Winter Holidays.....

Pairs bred: 72

Eggs abandoned: 61

Halloweens (all G2 unless noted):

x Pumkin - 1 Pygmy, 1 Dk Myst

x Black Marrow - 2 Black Stripe, 1 Sunstone

x SW Kin - 1 Hellfire, 1 EG4 Silver Shimmer)

x Cavern Lurker - 2 Royal Crimson, 2 Copper (Green), 1 BlST, 1 Spirit Ward, 2 Bleeding Moon

x Grave - 4 Pyralspite

x Desipis - 2 Mageia Xenowyrm, 3 Pyro Xenowyrm

x Caligene - 5 Gold Lunar Herald, 1 GW

Christmas

x Holly - 1 G3 White checker, 1 G4 White checker

x Yulebuck - G2 1 Aria, 1 White

x Snow Angel - G2 - 1 White

x Ribbon Dancer - G2 - 1 Red, 1 GOLD

x Winter Magi - G2 - 1 GOLD

x Mistletoe - G3 - 1 Silver

Valentine

x Sweetling - 1 G3 Silver checker

x Rosebud - 1 G2 Black

x Heartstealer - 1 G2 Red Stripe, 1 G2 Brute, 5 G4 Golden Wyvern checker (1 Thuwed)

x Arsani - 2 G2 Pink

x Radiant Angel - 1 G2 Silver, 1 G3 Gold checker

x Heartstealer - 1 G3 Striped River checker, 1 G3 Thalassa checker

Edited by JaneMcAsh

I just dropped about 60 kins in the AP. smile.gif I haven't touched my CB holidays yet.

Edit: I forgot some of my 3rd gen prizes were holiday kins, so I bred and APed a few of those. Keep your eyes open. wink.gif

Edited by harlequinraven