Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

Bred all of mine that had assigned mates, along with one very special pair of holiday descendents. Some no interest, but about 40 eggs sent to the AP smile.gif

Though, I did notice something odd. Some of them were showing recent rejected mates as being able to breed with them. unsure.gif Yet the one Heartseeker who had rejected his mate several months ago was showing her as rejected. unsure.gif

Edited by CharonDusk

Was hoping to breed while the background/styles were loading properly, but I'm going to run out of time waiting for that. =o

So here I go, diving in!

What is the eta for all the pretties to hit the AP?

Depends on if the AP time continues to go down or not. Right now, the AP is at 4d 11hr, so it'll take eggs at least 2 days and 13 hours to appear, longer if the AP time continues to go down.

EDIT: *flails* 159 pairs bred (with a break to eat dinner and welcome my guest into the house). Done late, but it took more time than I thought to keep remembering to check which common mates counted for the raffle and breed from them instead of the holiday. =U

I can also see where I started to build some checker mates and then forgot. D: Oopsie. Dimar, I also had some misclicks (oh well, at least I sent a gold to the AP with one - although it was supposed to be a checker and not a stair). That's what I get for taking so long to breed and getting tired of it. xD

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Done late, but it took more time than I thought to keep remembering to check which common mates counted for the raffle and breed from them instead of the holiday. =U

Yep, that double-checking (Plus general list updating) added over an hour to my breeding. blink.gif

Welp, I just did mine - 52 holidaykin eggs went to the AP. Metals were very uncooperative today!

I still need to breed my Caligenes and Aegis - does anyone have a request of partners?

I also had some misclicks (oh well, at least I sent a gold to the AP with one - although it was supposed to be a checker and not a stair). That's what I get for taking so long to breed and getting tired of it. xD

I also misclicked once - it resulted in an inbred dragon dry.gif .

I still need to breed my Caligenes and Aegis - does anyone have a request of partners?

I still haven't picked pairs for those, so I'm curious to see what I come across in the AP!

I kind of like caligene/candelabra, so wouldn't mind seeing some of those. And caligene x frill (from frill breeding plans) doesn't look half bad, though. o3o

I also dropped some inbred eggs - if you catch one and want a holiday sibling, just poke me smile.gif

Can't wait to see my babies show up here or in Great Lineages from AP smile.gif

Loads of beauties in the AP. smile.gif Thanks, breeders - especially tjenni, who always thinks of wonderful combinations.

I missed the window for participating, I think. I don't have a lot of Cb holidays anyway. But I had to pass by and thank you all for the beautiful holiday kins, some of which I caught. wub.gif

Woo I am I am! Socks, if you want to post you are looking for people for Sept (especially as that starts helping to prep for Halloween oh goodness are we really that close??), I am going to go mention it in the Players Event Thread to send people over cuz that is awesome for you to do this, thanks! But you can always add something too if you feel so inclined. But I'll send them here, thanks!

Edited by natayah

(thanks for the shout-out, natayah)

Me-me-me! Do you have a date in mind, Sock? How about the 3rd (the Saturday before Labor Day)? It's U.S.-centric again, but DC is U.S.-centric!

Edited by dirtytabs

This sounds super fun to participate in, but I'm too new and have no holidays. I certainly hope we can keep this kind of thing going so I can eventually join in. This is a really great way to help people collect nice lineages. I've just been checking that out to see what the big deal is, and I can see the desire for it and see about how to work it out when it's time. I can't wait! biggrin.gif

I'm down for that. wink.gif

Thanks to the last time, I not only got some of my Holidays assigned to good mates, I got some lovely lineages to add to my collection, and hopefully helped a few others with the ones I dropped.

I'm in!

Hopefully with some more mates gathered up between now and then, but I still have my list ready.

Sure. biggrin.gif *leaves brownies for all the breeders*

Do you have a date in mind, Sock? How about the 3rd (the Saturday before Labor Day)? It's U.S.-centric again, but DC is U.S.-centric!

Nope - I was hoping you guys would have suggestions. =D

I was thinking probably mid-late Sept as that still gives us time before Halloween to prepare more specifically. Early Sept wouldn't be awful, though. ;p

~

Glad to see people popping by again and showing excitement!

I'm totally in for this. I've got CBs for all holidays except Hollies and I'd be happy to breed them all. I've also finally got mates for my two Thuwed Hollies if anyone's interested in some red/green/winter themed Red eggs.