Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I don't see how that's possible.

That's okay, I see it laugh.gif

I didn't announce I was breeding them for the event because I didn't want one or two people stalking for them and getting most of them, so there wasn't really a way to know what the codes were.

You're not exactly an unknown person. Anyone who has seen your pretty Alts and has their codes can easily check their progeny page for offspring, especially since offspring that's currently on the AP cannot be hidden.

They could have just been stalking my scroll, but I don't breed on a set schedule making stalking my scroll useless.
Maybe *shrugs* They could also just happen to have checked one or two and seen the eggs below 4 days. Panic! ER! Save them! Their owner isn't caring enough! That sort of thing. Has happened. Will happen again. May or may not have happened here. I was just trying to point out that it may not even have happened with bad intentions, but I was probably too short and unclear with that.

@chrispy: Earth Day seems a bit short-term, plus it already has its own massbreeding event, if I recall correctly. I think I might be ready again in June or so xd.png

I could do another one in August or September. Give a little time to prepare for zombies and such during Halloween.

Not sure about two events before then. But all people would have to do is request a date, and I could update the OP with it. =p

I vote for Summer. Having it again really soon would make the event kinda stale. Its like a midway point for the rest of the holidays anyhow.

I vote for Summer. Having it again really soon would make the event kinda stale. Its like a midway point for the rest of the holidays anyhow.

Midsummer (solstice) celebration! Since there hasn't been anything official in the past for it that I can recall.

Either way, I hope next time the eggs aren't turning up in the AP during long workdays for me. I didn't really get to hunt much. sad.gif I caught *one* misfit I needed as a mate, and it somehow disappeared after hatching. I didn't remember the code so I couldn't search for it. (Unless I dreamed the whole thing....)

June 21st is Summer Solstice, which is a Tuesday. If the AP is around 4 to 5 days then, they'll show up on the following weekend.

If we get a big b'day event and a regular June release that could be kind of a busy time.

If we get a big b'day event and a regular June release that could be kind of a busy time.

True, but most of the previous releases are either in the beginning or past the 20th I believe. I'm not too sure but I think June 21st is a good time to hold the massbreed event.

I agree this is a great event to have every 2-3 months as an ongoing event. I imagine that Sock, as a mod, probably has a lot of work both pre and post birthday that tied Socky up for a bit, however, I'm sure we can get another one kicked off in the upcoming future with enough interest. Especially since we are back to regular releases and have fun new dragons to breed them with and fun new dragons to breed in general!!

And for our "old" bright pink x Holiday Lines & Frill Lines, we have so many new possibilities that its too fantastic not to schedule something when Sock has some time. Or if someone wants to do one on their own, it's not just a Sock only thing. I think Sock may have some away from internet time coming up over the next few weeks into early June, but that's not long away.

Also, could do a breeding event focusing on the new dragons anyways, and just make a list of suggestions of things to breed with, including holiday kin. So if Sock isn't able to do one as quickly as you want, anyone can start a Breeding Event. Never be afraid to take the rains and run with it. You can look thru the Site Discussion Thread for lots of examples of how people have done prior Breeding/MassBreeding events, and if you want some advise, you could always send a PM to one of the prior organizers to ask for some, or possibly check for who wants to get involved and co-host with another or a small group.

Glad to see ongoing interest in player run and player participating events!! Even when its mods spearheading some of them, we all participate and enjoy!! And most Breeding events are just a post by whichever player decides to go for it. Like I said, if you aren't sure how they are best to run, just look at some of the prior ones. Great people organize them all the time, and are very helpful in general and on the forums, so I'm sure you can do one of these a lot easier, or show support to gets something done.

Go Team Go!

Edited by natayah

Also, could do a breeding event focusing on the new dragons anyways, and just make a list of suggestions of things to breed with, including holiday kin.

I am SO tempted to run with this concept and do a mass-breeding event geared towards building lineages with all of the new release dragons of 2016. It would be SO great to see Frill and Aria lineages make a comeback (I know I can breed at least 2 3rd gen checkers with Arias, and I know there are other older players out there who may be able to breed way more lineaged Arias and Frills) and I'd love to get a head start on collecting some with a massbreed.

On a whim, I started picking up 2nd gens from frills the last couple of holidays. It would be great to get them mates, now that it is possible! And I will definitely breed my own CB holidays to frills for others.

((Waves hi again after hiatus))

I am SO tempted to run with this concept and do a mass-breeding event geared towards building lineages with all of the new release dragons of 2016. It would be SO great to see Frill and Aria lineages make a comeback (I know I can breed at least 2 3rd gen checkers with Arias, and I know there are other older players out there who may be able to breed way more lineaged Arias and Frills) and I'd love to get a head start on collecting some with a massbreed.

Please do, if you need any support from me, let me know!

Any time between now and Halloween works for me. Would just need like a weeks notice to make sure I had mates for everyone set up.

June would be great! I have some Frill and Aria holiday lineages that can be continued - at last! biggrin.gif

Oooh, this sounds neat! I would love to breed something with my Mutamores especially, and my holiday dragons need more love in general. Absolutely down for this, as long as I remember the date, haha.

If people don't have a preference I'll probably choose late June or mid-July so that I don't have to rush to get notifications out or anything when I get back from field camp. We could potentially due early July but I don't know about coinciding with the 4th. How do people feel about doing it on another holiday? I feel like there was another massbreeding set for around July 4th (was that just last year?), and I just don't want to clash with it. ^^

I don't mind doing it on another holiday. I'd just like a confirmed date since I've been breeding my lunars to holidays lately when the phases change.

I wouldn't mind doing it on a holiday at all, but I don't participate in many of these mass breeding things so I have no idea if something else is being planned for then.

I searched and saw two different events that went on around the beginning of July last year. There was one for breedings on July 1, July 4th, and July 14th (for Canada, USA, and France respectively) and then there was another for July 4th only (I think). So it's possible that those type of events will pop up again this year, but personally I'd rather participate in this one. biggrin.gif So if it happens around the beginning of July, no big deal for me.

ETA: Spelling

Edited by Eos

Why do you think it's been half-abandoned despite the vivid discussions here during the past days? blink.gif

End of June, July etc sounds good. A summer heat (or winter heat if you're Australian) holiday breeding!

Why do you think it's been half-abandoned despite the vivid discussions here during the past days? blink.gif

End of June, July etc sounds good. A summer heat (or winter heat if you're Australian) holiday breeding!

Oops! Because I read 'Jun 1' as 'Jan 1'. Sorry!

A lot of people are off in the USA over the 4th of July Weekend. So it might be fun to have this holiday-kin maybe start at the "end of June" and run into "early July" to give people time to catch the end of the event in case they don't have time before they go on vacation, or if they go away on vacation and can't do it then, they can do it before. And if it happens to slightly overlap or run into another Breeding Event, I think that would be awesome because It would gear people up to dust off their babies and get some breeding done.

(As a big pusher of breeding nice things to AP and player run events, I myself have been bad about remembering to breed things to the AP for a few weeks. Yes, I've been busy with irl, but I've mostly been also a little lazy. An event makes it fun, and if it's more than just a day or two, I'm less likely to forget it. And if a release comes out "during" these event... well if you spread it over like 5 days, there will be at least "part" of the event that is NOT happening.)

I normally recommend people do a smaller set of days for Mass Breeding Events and to limit the breeds as I've seen those work best. But this one is very different. For a starter, the term "holiday-kin" encompasses so much more, that there is often a lot more variety and stock for people to breed. Additionally, it's also something people love to collect. And it has a pretty good following and response so I think the larger stretch of days is a good idea on this one. Especially since it's been at least a few months since we've done something like this.

I would recommend starting on Wed/Thurs of June 29-30 and run it thru Monday July 5th. Again, I know that may seem like a larger span of time than these normally have, but for all the above reasons.. I think it is a better idea this go round... AND it will give us all plenty of time to breed, space it out, and make the AP much more fun to hunt for more than just a few days. I don't see how everyone doesn't win with this combo.

You can always do it later in July too, but I think there is a demand and we shouldn't put it off too long. Let's Holiday Party!

ETA: If you are worried about a "clash" to be totally honest, a lot of the people who participate are people who have nice lines they want to share, but don't often make it a point to remember to run thru breeding all their nice lines and dragons every week or few. So if it happens to overlap, that is just more stuff they can dust off and breed while they are doing it anyway. Or they can pick and choose. And we are overdue so if we just have a span of a few of them, I say more power and promotion of these things and getting people excited and such. The Birthday was a blast and I appreciate everything TJ & The various Staff Did. But I also want to do things that are also more player driven so we can remember that we can throw parties ourselves and don't have to wait until the "big days" to enjoy ourselves throughout the year. We can't make the edict to "Entertain us!" entirely one sided!

Edited by natayah