Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I think the best date(s) to pick (I know you prefer one specific day, so I'm just giving these ranges to choose whichever you prefer, they are the Fridays - Sundays in Sept that aren't too early and aren't too late):

I think the second weekend is out as 9/9 - 9/11 is going to be a sensitive time and people may have other events going on that are much more important. ETA: Corrected Date 9/3-9/5 Got Right First Time Them Edited to Make error is my TOP Choice so we still have the rest of the month and part of Oct to focus on getting last minute mates. I think 9/19-9/21 is just cutting it a bit too close. If there were not national issues at hand, I would prefer the second weekend, but since it is what it is, I vote for the first weekend. The day of your choice being your choice from that three day spread. We may be "inspired" by some of the catches we make to build new lines, so I think we should allow for as much extra time as possible. And that gives over a month of prep time (not that this event needs a ton of prep time).

Edited by natayah

I support early September. As Halloween draws closer I get into frenzy of collecting zombie fodders and what not, so the earlier the better. smile.gif

(thanks for the shout-out, natayah)

Me-me-me! Do you have a date in mind, Sock? How about the 3rd (the Saturday before Labor Day)? It's U.S.-centric again, but DC is U.S.-centric!

I also support this too. Especially if I looked at my dates wrong

ETA: Which my TOP choice set was, so I fixed that. I support Labor Day or Pre Labor Day always a good time imo. And especially before as if we have a release over the weekend (speculation not saying it's happening, but could) people can collect eggs, and then still keep breeding afterwards to hit the AP a few days later.

Edited by natayah

I have two choices.. Labor Day weekend (to keep me from depressing over not being at Dragon*Con) or Sept 25th which is a Sunday (and my b'day).

But it really doesn't matter, being a stay-at-home type, I can participate whenever.

Who's up for another round in September?

I am. Sorry for not keeping track of this thread, this way I missed the new event for Independence Day.

May I request a bonus event on October 1st for Halloweens only? It might help those of us still looking for Halloween mates. smile.gif

I am. Sorry for not keeping track of this thread, this way I missed the new event for Independence Day.

May I request a bonus event on October 1st for Halloweens only? It might help those of us still looking for Halloween mates. smile.gif

I am a fan of this idea. Frankly, if someone wants a Breeding Event with a theme of anything other than Holidaykin, they need to do it in the next 30-45 days or less. It may happen, but it may not. In Oct everything starts turning into Holiday focus. I would love to get a second Breeding Event in before Halloween, however, if it's not done by Oct 1, I think most themed events around then are going to push for Holidaykin. I know you don't like doing multiples of this event so close generally, but it is one of the player case's fave themes and it would be easy to justify as part of upcoming holiday stretch prep. But that's your call Sock . Also people often dust off other nice lines during these events .

Any other thoughts or votes or anyone else want to chime in on this potentially upcoming date choice of the Holiday-Kin breeding event?

Dates decided! Thanks for all the input, guys.

When

We will be breeding: Saturday, Sept 3rd

September 3rd is the main event. If you cannot make the 3rd, please feel free to join us on the 2nd, 4th, and/or 5th.

Spooky BONUS: Saturday, Oct 1st

We will be breeding Halloween dragon-kin only on October 1st. If you cannot join us the 1st, please feel free to join us on Sept 30th or October 2nd.

Since this is an event to help specifically for Halloween, please feel free to submit pairing/lineage requests. I will keep a list of these in the first post.

Remember to post with your interest in this event to receive a reminder PM.

I also added a link to the Holiday Fail Trading Center to the OP since it's so relevant to our purpose. ^^

I'd ask to get the PM... if I had any halloweens. Can we breed Halloweenkins? By the way, I'm looking to find a 2G Magma from M Caligene and maybe a 2G Red Copper from F Shadow Walker. Oh, and a 3G Royal Crimson from F Cavern Lurker checker would be sweet.

Edited by Dusky_Flareon

I'd ask to get the PM... if I had any halloweens. Can we breed Halloweenkins?

I'm... totally confused by this question. xP Could you perhaps provide a sample lineage of what you were thinking to breed?

I was thinking something like http://dragcave.net/lineage/2Gmnf x http://dragcave.net/lineage/hNG9F since I don't have any actual Halloweens yet.

Ah, okay - thank you!

I definitely don't mind if you breed things like that. I'd certainly pick up an egg from that example if I saw it.

I would just keep in mind the bonus in particular is to help people get (Halloween) mates, and there's probably not a lot of dragons that need a mate like that, so I wouldn't breed a lot of dragons like that. ^^

But that's pretty, and I'd personally pick it up, although I may not breed/be able to breed a mate for it. ^^

I'm in for both events! biggrin.gif I'll be doing the main event breedings on the 4th as it's my birthday so it will be extra fun for me.

Sure, sounds good! I'd be down for the first event. I don't actually have any Halloweens on my scroll yet, so...

Edited by silver_chan

I'm in, and yes, I will need the reminder, please. tongue.gif The brain has gone fuzzy of late...

First, I wish I had kept better records of how I set it up each month, but I basically set up (my pre-Gifting Support now expanded to most all Player Activities Thread) an Ongoing Breeding & Special Breeding Events Thread. Here was the link to it:

Older Breeding Event Thread

I would have posted in the "Mass Breed" thread, but I think this is a better thread as... that seems to be the place where people go to talk about Mass Breeding in general, just as often to complain about how they don't like mass breeds. I think Mass Breeding Events or Breeding Events are probably some thing that needs it's own thread.

Feel free to take a look at it. You don't need to "take it over". I started it on Jan 2016 as something to bridge the gap in between the Holidays, and then post Holidays. I'm happy to get you the site that I used as a calander and ongoing Themes. Now for the longer post:

Honestly I would really LOVE to have a BSA Breeding Event. Especially if we could work it in either before or after Halloween but Before Xmas/V-Day. I just happen to be super busy irl and am much better at coming up with ideas than sometimes seeing them thru to completion. So if anyone would be interested in doing this, I would love love love to hype and promote and support it and get others involved too.

If anything, I think while Holikday-Kin/Lines will probably always be one of the most popular type of Breeding Events, I think things with BSA Themes and/or Checkered/Patterned/Purebured/Pretty Fun Lines Breeding Event Themes would always go over well.

That, on top of when we aren't in our holiday streak time, anything that centrals around a "Fun" or "Seasonal Monthly Holiday" type.

I also think a Vampire "Event" would be really fun when the AP time isn't too high for people to "consider" (no not to be on purpose and not meant to impose on another breeding event) would be fun. The OP of the Vampire Coven thing I contacted to was interested, as was StarScream (since they love turning vampires) so maybe this could be something people who love vampires could promote at "special times" when the AP time isn't too bad but seems to be really "sitting".

IDK if someone would want to consider talking to them. I have to be really honest and I'm behind on my DC work lately cuz of irl stuffs. And I am going to need

When I was doing the "Various Themed Breeding/Gifting" Threads, I would set up certain "Days" per month to remind people to dust off maybe some of the dragons they hadn't bred for awhile and give them some love if they were fun line, and/or always BSAs of Red, Pink, Magi (as everyone will always take a Pink & Red whenever possible, Magi Sometimes depending), no matter how inbred, messy, etc. I do like to encourage nice lines whenever possible, however, if someone wants to breed stuff, I'm not going to tell them they can't :-P

But I do think the idea of smaller breeding "days and or reminders and/or monthly themes" on top of larger Breeding Events, you can do as you like. Some people might like to split it up.

Additionally, I am happy to give a list of themed ideas, but I think that is enough of a post for now.

Edited by natayah

Honestly I would really LOVE to have a BSA Breeding Event. Especially if we could work it in either before or after Halloween but Before Xmas/V-Day.

I'd forgotten until you mentioned it, but we have had pre-holiday BSA massbreeds in the past. I think they were well-received (though it's impossible to make a red/pink wall tongue.gif ) and I hope we do it again.

I'd also support having regular mini-events, i.e. "first of the month is Vampire day" or "the fifteenth is BSA day" (or PBs, or checkers). I'm unlikely to do the first myself, but I know plenty of players would be happy to find CB or nicely lineaged Vamps floating around. Even just a slight uptick of any of these events appearing in the AP would probably be seen as a good thing.

Edited by Gryphonic