Obscure_Trash

Holiday-Kin Massbreed Event

I want to thank everyone so far who had bred to the AP cuz I too have seen some very lovely lovelies already start to roll through. However, I know the AP is up to 5 days and a bit over. And I just cannot believe with a large Breeding Event that it would be that high!!! (How DARE it?!?!)

So I think we can also get that time down, if nothing else to spite the AP! So if you haven't bred everything you can, consider doing some as you have time. Make sure you got your holidays, and then if you have some other nice stuff left over, nothing says you have to stop breeding.

Cuz if we can get the AP back to 5 days or less, we can then grab eggs to incuhatch to hatchlings and keep them or regift them. Of course, the Hatcheries are gonna get full fast, so we gotta remember to give some views and love back too or else we will be waiting a long time for our lovely eggs to hatch

Hope everyone has had and will continue to have a great time.

But can we lower the AP time? Can we? I bet we could rise to that challenge!

Last minute - but got most of my Holidays bred & tossed to the AP (including 1 Silver & 3 Golds) in the last hour! Kept 2 HollyKIN that I need bloodswaps for - will be posted in trades.

I want to thank everyone so far who had bred to the AP cuz I too have seen some very lovely lovelies already start to roll through. However, I know the AP is up to 5 days and a bit over. And I just cannot believe with a large Breeding Event that it would be that high!!! (How DARE it?!?!)

So I think we can also get that time down, if nothing else to spite the AP! So if you haven't bred everything you can, consider doing some as you have time. Make sure you got your holidays, and then if you have some other nice stuff left over, nothing says you have to stop breeding.

Cuz if we can get the AP back to 5 days or less, we can then grab eggs to incuhatch to hatchlings and keep them or regift them. Of course, the Hatcheries are gonna get full fast, so we gotta remember to give some views and love back too or else we will be waiting a long time for our lovely eggs to hatch

Hope everyone has had and will continue to have a great time.

But can we lower the AP time? Can we? I bet we could rise to that challenge!

Uh??? If you breed decent stuff, that people actually want, you will not lower the AP time. The AP time gets lowered when people do not want what's there and do not pick it up.

People have limited capacity to take eggs, no matter how much nice stuff exists in AP. So yes, it will lower AP time with coordinated effort.

---

I've bred most of my holidays so far.. god I had no idea I had SO many graves! I'll still breed the remaining ones now. Some of my CBs though decided to be snotty for most part and didn't give any eggs. From the top of my head, here's some of the stuff you can look out for. Will add more pairing details if I find time to scan my action log.

3EG perfect checker :

yulebuck x summer

winter magi x white

sunsong x rosebud

val 09 x white

2G eggies:

aeon x mistletoe

Antarean x mistletoe

Wrapping wing x almerald

pumpkin x magelight

pumpkin x seawyrm

grave x pyrals (all types)

desipis x red, aria

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I got few refusals sad.gif , some were sleepy and not interested, but still manage to AP some nice 2g or 3g babies (among them 5 golds, 1 silver, almandine and golden w) in last hour.

Unnamed parents will be named in next 10 days (hopefully tongue.gif).

I bred roughly 100 holiday dragons - most produced. That does not include any of my metallic lineages since I tried, and failed, to breed them all two days ago. My husband should be adding his soon too. He has almost as many as I do. biggrin.gif

Feel free to poke me if you want something named or renamed. I will also replace any Nebulas or Gemshards if they miscolor.

phew .. it was lot of work, but I finally bred all my cb halloweens to AP. Expect lots of 2gs including xenos from cb graves. A few xenos and other stuff from desipis too. I am all done for this round.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

I came out with one Copper, one Gold, one Silver, one Avatar, three Blusangs (with Graves, my obsession pairing), one Lunar Herald, two Mageias, one Astrapi - and one Lunar that was the wrong color because I didn't pay attention :/ Plenty of commons too, incl a Spotted Greenwing from Mutamore (my second favorite holiday pair, and an unexpected one at that.)

I've already seen so many lovely ones that I didn't/couldn't keep - I was so conflicted over a 3g Speckle-Throat/Arsani checker, but I don't remember who bred it sad.gif Thank you everyone who bred all these beauties!

I bred everything that I could. I have found some amazing little beauties wub.gif

http://dragcave.net/lineage/A9Awy

http://dragcave.net/lineage/Pnk1K

http://dragcave.net/lineage/3pyRu

http://dragcave.net/lineage/p8HP2

Now I am impatiently waiting for a few older hatchies to grow up so that I can do some more hunting. cool.gif

Edited by Terrafreaky

Done at last, with another 30 eggs sent to the AP. Phew! This took much longer than expected, but what fun! Looking forward to the October event!

BTW, when I was going through my scroll in search of suitable breeding partners, I really wished we had some more non-standard holiday dragons. I'd especially love to see some more pygmies (a sinister Halloween pygmy, or a Valentine pygmy - wouldn't that be the cutest thing ever!), but drakes or even two-headeds would also be great.

Ok, all I need now is egg space for some new pretties. rolleyes.gif

Looks like the results of my breeding are starting to show up on the AP. :3

~

Thanks everyone who participated! <3

I came home from work hoping for find some holiday checkers left - I don't have much time to hunt during a stretch of work days. Instead I find a wall of Flamingos. I hope I didn't miss it all. sad.gif

Instead I find a wall of Flamingos. I hope I didn't miss it all. sad.gif

I think some of those Flamingos are also holidaykins.

I think some of those Flamingos are also holidaykins.

True, but I don't care for flamingos. ninja.gif

I'm still finding a few others trickling through. Here's hoping I find some mates I need.

Yes that flamingo flood was mostly holiday checkers and some 2g holiday kins! biggrin.gif It is probably from someone who likes flamingos enough to use them as mate with everything.

Personally I am only hoping to find mates for my existing holidays.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Apologies, I was unable to participate as planned due to illness.. I've been sick for the last several days and am just now starting to feel better.

If anyone needs a particular pairing and was not able to find it, please drop me a PM and I'll try to breed exactly what you need.. if I have the necessary pairings. You can see my available dragons HERE

I found exactly one egg fitting one of my lineages - and a couple of others that made me want to get into new ones. xd.png

*dusts off scroll*

Poor dragons have been bored while I've been working back to back schedules. Anyhow, I've several nice Halloween lineages that I can breed some common eggs for, as well as some pretty 1st gens I'm more than happy to make 2nd gen common mates with. Please PM me and I'll see what I can do (though I am missing a lot of the newer released eggs from this summer and most of last summer because of my jenky work schedule). However I always make time to get holiday 1st gens.

About two weeks out!

Spooky BONUS: Saturday, Oct 1st

We will be breeding Halloween dragon-kin only on October 1st. If you cannot join us the 1st, please feel free to join us on Sept 30th or October 2nd.

Since this is an event to help specifically for Halloween, please feel free to submit pairing/lineage requests. I will keep a list of these in the first post.

Anybody else have any lineage/breeding requests?

I don't have a lot of Holiday-kin I can breed, due to most of my Halloween dragons being purebreds, but I'd still happily breed the ones I can! smile.gif

Here's your week's notice to not breed your Halloween-kin if you want to join in on the official event on October 1st!

Reminder that I'm taking lineage/mate requests and listing them in the first post.

I'm down for joining the October event! I can breed a nice lot of 2gs and some experimental pairings, and then hopefully find some nice checkers in the AP for my own selfish gains o3o

Lineage requests sounds good! It seems I'm missing mostly Halloween mates blink.gif These 4 I'll need from someone else because my own dragons are too limited or already involved:

3rd gen Dark Myst from Pumpkin checker, unrelated to her: https://dragcave.net/lineage/u8M0O her: https://dragcave.net/lineage/QxExn and him: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zWwRX Thank you Sunstar23 wub.gif

2nd gen Avatar from female Grave for her: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zxy1h unrelated to him: https://dragcave.net/lineage/eBga1

3rd gen Red from checker with female Marrows for her: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zMY7c

Edited by Ruby Eyes

I think this time I'll breed by request only, so if anyone needs a specific 2nd gen Halloween kin, please PM me. I can breed 2nd gens of every Halloween dragon and 3rd gen Marrows and Graves.