LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

the "this pokemon is just an inanimate object" argument has been done to death but here i go again:

blah blah gen 1 had a pokemon that was just six eggs blah blah blah gen 1 had muk that was just a pile of muck blah blah blah blah voltorb was just a pokeball with a face blah blah blah a pokemon doesnt have to be based off of a plant or animal for it to be a good design blah blah

the professor is named Kukui which is a tree like literally every professor

"Tapu Koko may be a combination of tapu (Hawaiian for sacred or holy) and kokō (Hawaiian for the sound of chickens cackling)."

the alola-form pokemon only exist in the alola region, the original forms of them can still be obtained in game by trading. your original gen 1 designs aren't going anywhere.

also wow i didn't know the entirety of hawaii is literally pearl harbor

anyway sun/moon has made me the most excited for a pokemon game i've probably ever been

Uhhhh, WHERE does it say Alola is based on Pearl Harbor? We can quite clearly tell it's based on Hawaii, but how do you specifically get "Pearl Harbor" from that? And before you say "because it's a bunch of little islands", Hawaii consists of MULTIPLE SMALL AND BIG ISLANDS, so saying it is based on a specific part is difficult. Besides, we have seen GLIMPSES of the region, so until we see the whole thing, there is zero proof supporting that.

Uh, we already knew about the whole "not traditional gyms" system. Again, until the games come out, nobody can say whether this is good or bad. It could be awful, it could be amazing. Don't knock it until you try it. Oh, and the naming scheme IS NOT broken. Kukui is the Hawaiian term for the candlenut, the state tree of Hawaii.

Okay, I agree with you here. I'm also disappointed with the lack of Megas and these z-move things. HOWEVER, I will say this again; don't knock it until you try it. I HATED megas when they were announced, but once I tried them, Of fell in love.

Okay, this one really gets under my skin. Every new generation, people complain about how horrible some of the designs are, WHILST APPARENTLY FORGETTING THAT GEN 1 HAD TWO PILES OF SENTIENT SLUDGE, TWO SENTIENT POKEBALLS, SENTIENT MAGNETS AND TWO PIKEMON LITERALLY JUST BASED ON HUMANS. So again, please tell me just how horrible the new designs are....

And as for the names, I have one thing to say; Mr.Mime.

New versions of old Pokemon (which are NOT REPLACING THE OLD ONES). Here's the thing; this is how evolution works in real life. If you take two individuals of the same species and put them in separate but completely different environments, they will eventually evolve into completely different species from the original and each other. I think it's about time Nintendo and Game Freak introduced this.

I apologize if I sound harsh here, but I have had multiple arguments with people over this exact same thing recently and my tolerance level is very low right now. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if you don't like the look of the new game, that's perfectly fine.

One other point to go on the "NO MEGA'S" thing. The games aren't even out yet, so we don't even know if mega evolution is still in the game or not. It's entirely possible that the Z-Ring, or whatever it's called, will actually be a modified keystone, still allowing you to mega evolve Pokemon in addition to activating Z-Moves. Just think of this, Mega Evolution was the new quirk added in Generation VI, the current generation, while Z-Moves are the quirk added in the next generation, VII. It's natural for Game Freak to promote the new one while downplaying the old. I, personally, think that Mega Evolution will still be in the game. It's become a major part of the competitive arena, so I doubt that they'd remove it.

I've never knocked a new region and I've ALWAYS tried to challenge myself on the new Pokemon and who's going to make it on my team. I am debating on the starter as the starters evolutions hasn't come out yet, but I know who is automatically on my team, but that is subject to change. Never knock a new region until you try it. Heck, I was upset when I thought I lost my Omega Ruby version because it had my favorite shiny in it. Reuniclus. That Pokemon is literally a living cell and you want to knock a sandcastle?

Man, I will hate Nintendo for not doing a dolphin Pokemon, and might refuse to play it for a while if it happens, but in the end, I'll still play it. Yes, I take back what I said if anyone remembers one of my earlier posts.

One other point to go on the "NO MEGA'S" thing. The games aren't even out yet, so we don't even know if mega evolution is still in the game or not. It's entirely possible that the Z-Ring, or whatever it's called, will actually be a modified keystone, still allowing you to mega evolve Pokemon in addition to activating Z-Moves. Just think of this, Mega Evolution was the new quirk added in Generation VI, the current generation, while Z-Moves are the quirk added in the next generation, VII. It's natural for Game Freak to promote the new one while downplaying the old. I, personally, think that Mega Evolution will still be in the game. It's become a major part of the competitive arena, so I doubt that they'd remove it.

There's what looks like a round slot on the back of the Z ring, that is the exact size of a keystone. Mega evolution will probably be unlocked post game, to allow focus on Z moves.

Uhhhh, WHERE does it say Alola is based on Pearl Harbor? We can quite clearly tell it's based on Hawaii, but how do you specifically get "Pearl Harbor" from that? And before you say "because it's a bunch of little islands", Hawaii consists of MULTIPLE SMALL AND BIG ISLANDS, so saying it is based on a specific part is difficult. Besides, we have seen GLIMPSES of the region, so until we see the whole thing, there is zero proof supporting that.

Uh, we already knew about the whole "not traditional gyms" system. Again, until the games come out, nobody can say whether this is good or bad. It could be awful, it could be amazing. Don't knock it until you try it. Oh, and the naming scheme IS NOT broken. Kukui is the Hawaiian term for the candlenut, the state tree of Hawaii.

Okay, I agree with you here. I'm also disappointed with the lack of Megas and these z-move things. HOWEVER, I will say this again; don't knock it until you try it. I HATED megas when they were announced, but once I tried them, Of fell in love.

Okay, this one really gets under my skin. Every new generation, people complain about how horrible some of the designs are, WHILST APPARENTLY FORGETTING THAT GEN 1 HAD TWO PILES OF SENTIENT SLUDGE, TWO SENTIENT POKEBALLS, SENTIENT MAGNETS AND TWO PIKEMON LITERALLY JUST BASED ON HUMANS. So again, please tell me just how horrible the new designs are....

And as for the names, I have one thing to say; Mr.Mime.

New versions of old Pokemon (which are NOT REPLACING THE OLD ONES). Here's the thing; this is how evolution works in real life. If you take two individuals of the same species and put them in separate but completely different environments, they will eventually evolve into completely different species from the original and each other. I think it's about time Nintendo and Game Freak introduced this.

I apologize if I sound harsh here, but I have had multiple arguments with people over this exact same thing recently and my tolerance level is very low right now. Everyone is entitled to their opinions, and if you don't like the look of the new game, that's perfectly fine.

^seconded.

@Warrior_Dragon2015 - I understand that you may dislike these new changes. I've been against the last two regions and designs, but they've since grown on me. You don't have to like every new pokemon, but if anything that only makes it easier to pick and train the ones you do like.

If you bought the Red, Blue and/or Yellow downloadable games for your 3DS you can simply transfer them over to Sun and Moon. They did that so you didn't have to choose the surfing Raichu over the original or the long neck vs short neck Exeggcutor. To be perfectly honest, I hate the new Exeggutor's design, but I'm probably still going to try it out. There are some that I find adorable, like the new Vulpix. I just wanna huggles it. wub.gif

I am sorry to see the halting of the megas. I didn't like them at first, but they also grew on me and now I love them. Especially Mega Charizard Y. I've already seen some of the new Z moves and they look fantastic. Especially Eevee's. So amazing. wub.gif

I am curious where you heard the region was based on pearl harbor, because I've been following the updates and nowhere have I heard, seen or read that.

I don't watch 'leaked' videos or 'speculation' videos. I search for official news and watch reaction videos to official news from the youtubers I sub to.

If you're not sure you like the new region, take baby steps. Get used to it, learn as much about it as you can and make sure the information is legit. That's what I did with X and Y and although I didn't care much for the villain because they were boring and easy to beat, I thought it was a fun game. There were pokemon I hated, like the poodle pokemon, but there were also some I loved like Tyrantrum, Noivern and Sylveon.

Just take it with a grain of salt and give it a try. Who knows, you might end up liking it. smile.gif

It's based off Hawaii, all nicely with a harbor on the exact spot where pearl harbor is located. I don't think you can call the Netherlands "Schiphol Airport" just because Schiphol Airport is located in the Netherlands. If there's ever a region based off the Netherlands that has an airport on the exact spot where Schiphol is located, would you say the region is based on Schiphol?

The no gyms thing is what makes it INTERESTING. Everybody has long veen asking for the formula to be shaked up, and to me they've already nailed it with this. Yes, we will have to see how it turns out, but everything is looking great this far. If you need your generic 8 gyms, then... wow, you really can't handle change.

There WILL be megas. 3 things heavily implying that already. Mega Glalie Sun&Moon merchanise has been announced, we've seen Dexio and Sina with a mega ring in one of the trailers AND an official mention in a Japanese magazine has stated that "Jangmo-o's soundproof ability makes it immune to even a Mega-Gardevoir's Hyper Voice". And there is one short scene in the trailer that may or may not be the mega evolution animation, hidden between a series of Z-move animations.

The designs are seriously not bad, it's just that they're new and you may have to get used to some, but that's with EVERY region. Be glad they're still somewhat original!

It's still possible to move over pokémon from previous games with pokémon bank (and maybe even transferring them from pokémon GO) to Sun/Moon.

GAH. Stop lying to yourself and others, please. If you're going to rant, at least check your facts before you write them down. We don't want you to make yourself look like a complete idiot. smile.gif

I'm definitely glad about the megas. I wasn't sure if they were still around and I perfectly understand them being post game. That's just fine with me. I wonder if we'll get new megas as well? I'm so happy I preordered Moon. biggrin.gif

Well, nothing has been confirmed yet, but with these 4 things it's VERY LIKELY they will. New megas... I won't say it's impossible, but less likely.

The map containging a harbor based on Pearl Harbor - along with it having a crater-like formation that seems to be based on Diamond Head - could very well be them hinting at gen 4 remakes. Gen 4 had a lot of additions to existing evolution lines, so I can see megas there.

OR FINALLY AN EVOLUTION FOR LUVDISC :OOOOOOOOOOO

Well, nothing has been confirmed yet, but with these 4 things it's VERY LIKELY they will. New megas... I won't say it's impossible, but less likely.

The map containging a harbor based on Pearl Harbor - along with it having a crater-like formation that seems to be based on Diamond Head - could very well be them hinting at gen 4 remakes. Gen 4 had a lot of additions to existing evolution lines, so I can see megas there.

OR FINALLY AN EVOLUTION FOR LUVDISC :OOOOOOOOOOO

diamond and Pearl are the games I've played the least sadly. I like them both, I just always seem to avoid replaying them. Mostly because both my Pearl and Platinum have shinys on them and I don't have a way to safely transfer them over to other games yet. I need to set up a pokemon bank account, but I'm uncertain how to go about it.

Especially with the fact of paying for it with real money. Is it a by monthly payment or yearly? I heard it was $5, but that seems too good to be true.

I would love to play remakes for those games. Especially with the enhanced graphics. smile.gif

I'm fairly certain you have to pay once a year for pokémon bank. However, I don't think you can actually transfer from DPPt to pokémon bank...

I'm fairly certain you have to pay once a year for pokémon bank. However, I don't think you can actually transfer from DPPt to pokémon bank...

Ah, I see. I guess I'll have to turn one of my games into a pokemon storage box, like what I had to do with my Pokemon white version. As for the bank's payment. Yearly sounds fair. I just hope it's not too pricey. I'm also worried about what happens if you don't pay. Do they block you from getting your pokemon or do they erase it entirely? Call me silly and paranoid, but I don't want to lose any of my pokemon.

It's actually $5 a year. That's honestly not bad.

If your year of access has passed and you don't pay again, you WILL be able to take the pokémon that are still on the bank off of it, but you just won't be able to put them in there anymore untill you pay for the next year.

A PokeBank account is something I will ALWAYS recommend, and that's extremely rare for me. It's immensely useful for storing Pokemon you want to keep if, for example, you want to restart your game. The only downside I have so far found is that it doesn't store items, which is a pretty minor problem.

Pricewise, here in the UK it's roughly £5 for a year long subscription, and from what I know the American price is very close to that, which is amazingly cheap when compared to most other game subscription services. So definitely worth it.

And as for what happens when your sub runs out, as Felixr2 has said, you can still take Pokemon out, you just can't put them on. Pokemon left on the account WILL be deleted after an amount of time, but how long seems to be up for debate.

Well that's a big relief. I've been wanting to restart my AS version for a while, but had way too many pokemon on it to restart and too many to simply trade over to OR. $5 is awesome. That's such a low price that it surprises me. I was expecting somewhere in the $20 range. I'll definitely give it a shot. Thanks! biggrin.gif

Ugh, I still can't believe we have just under 2 months left to wait for Sun and Moon. I am a patient person, but this wait is really testing my limits. Waiting for three other games doesn't help either. dry.gif

Ah, I see. I guess I'll have to turn one of my games into a pokemon storage box, like what I had to do with my Pokemon white version. As for the bank's payment. Yearly sounds fair. I just hope it's not too pricey. I'm also worried about what happens if you don't pay. Do they block you from getting your pokemon or do they erase it entirely? Call me silly and paranoid, but I don't want to lose any of my pokemon.

If you have a gen 5 game, and a spare DS, you can transfer Pokémon forward, then use the poke transfer tool 3DS app to move them to the bank.

There's what looks like a round slot on the back of the Z ring, that is the exact size of a keystone. Mega evolution will probably be unlocked post game, to allow focus on Z moves.

Great! I'm glad that there's some hint that it'll still be in the game. Thank you for telling me. I haven't seen any detailed artwork of the Z ring so I wasn't sure.

Great! I'm glad that there's some hint that it'll still be in the game. Thank you for telling me. I haven't seen any detailed artwork of the Z ring so I wasn't sure.

There also are 4 major hints at it, all of which I've already stated before.

- A trailer showing Dexio and Sina (Sycamore's assistants/the masked heroes from X&Y), both wearing what appears to be a mega ring.

- Some Pokémon Sun & Moon merch has been announced, a little. golden Mega Glalie figurine was among it. (all the merch were little monocolored metallic figurines)

- Mega Gardevoir has been mentioned in an official Japanese magizne, used to explain Jangmo-o's soundproof ability.

- Many trailers have a collection of scenes showing the player using Z-moves, but in one of them there's one scene that looks more like the player using mega evolution hidden among them.

You know what pokemon we haven't seen yet besides the evolved starter? Pikipecks evolved form. Now THATS something I wanna see, especially if it gives Talonflame a run for its money xd.png

There's a second chance code for Hoopa:

2016Hoopa if you missed the McDonald's event. It is only for North America and it ends October 9th.

~

I'm interested in seeing what the starter's evolved forms are. I just hope that they aren't dumb or my Litten is just going to stay as a Litten. Other than that, I wanna know Pikipek's evolutions(and if Komala gets one).

Edited by Storm_Dragoon

And so we are slowly getting answers on some big questions. Big one out of the way, we FINALLY see the evolved form of the starters, or at least the middle evo. Gotta say I'm really liking all 3. I don't know what it is but I really like Popplios (which I think won't be liked by many but hey I'm weird). And if we download the demo we can get Ash Greninja! Didn't think I'd be excited about that but hey I'll take it. The video link is below for all to see

And so we are slowly getting answers on some big questions. Big one out of the way, we FINALLY see the evolved form of the starters, or at least the middle evo. Gotta say I'm really liking all 3. I don't know what it is but I really like Popplios (which I think won't be liked by many but hey I'm weird). And if we download the demo we can get Ash Greninja! Didn't think I'd be excited about that but hey I'll take it. The video link is below for all to see

That is one of the best news vids I've seen for this game yet. I'm so happy I could cry. And I love that pokemon in your PC don't just sit around anymore. they actually get to do stuff like look for items and train. I think Popplio's evo is cute, but the other two are the better ones imo. As long as Litten's final evo isn't the one we've seen I'm excited for it. I still think Rowlet has the best evo set so far and he's definitely my starter choice. smile.gif

I cannot wait to play this demo! I think it's awesome we actually do get Ash Graninja. There's a spoiler I saw in another video which only proves Ash doesn't deserve such an awesome pokemon. But unlike him I won't throw away something so awesome.

Torracat still makes Litten my favorite of the three starters. When I saw that it was still on all fours in the trailer I kinda freaked out. Now if it evolves into that wrestler form at least I can keep my Litten as a Torracat. Dartrix and Brionne look cool, but I'm still sticking with my very first pick. After all Litten is amazing.

Anyone else kind of get the feeling that there was massive public outcry about the final starter evolutions when they were leaked, and now they're frantically trying to design new ones? I mean, that was totally what happened with the two Charizard megas in gen 6.

Butler owl is ridiculous and I love it.