LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

But no, I'll pick one ultra beast so I can also use my starter and Jangmo-o (especially if it really is the pseudo). If we can't catch ultra beasts... probz gonna be marshadow. I like me some good legendaries. xd.png

Do we even know Marshadow's appearance, types or...well, anything other than a name? It could turn out to be either the best legend ever, an at least decent one or completely useless.

And if the whole "UB01 IS LILLIE!!!!!" thing is true (which I kinda doubted but, after UB02, no longer so sure,) then wouldn't capturing them feel a little....weird?

I just want Marshadow cuz i think his name is awesome. If it turns out to be worthless, I'll replace him with Alolan Marowak. Me likingz that triple immunity (if it has lightning rod, although cursed body is also pretty neat)

What's a Marshadow? I haven't seen any mention of something with that name.

It was found on the only totally confirmed leak. This was a leaked copyright claim containing the terms "Pokémon Sun", "Pokémon Moon", "Solgaleo", "Lunala"(spelled as "Lunalla", but eh) and "Marshadow", before the games were even announced.

I hope we can catch ultra beasts because I really like that jellyfish one T.T

You mean the one that looks like Lillie?

Whelp, I'm obviously going to trade with my brother for the midday form. Actually, looking at the midnight form remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog ohmy.gif

man the ultrabeasts are pretty weird huh... i wonder what kinda direction they're taking with this

anyway id like to personally thank god for rockruff's evolution

Whelp, I'm obviously going to trade with my brother for the midday form. Actually, looking at the midnight form remind me of Sonic the Hedgehog ohmy.gif

For the midday form it has to evolve during the day, so you CAN get it in pokémon moon, but you'll just have to play while your (new) 3DS (XL) thinks it's night.

For the midday form it has to evolve during the day, so you CAN get it in pokémon moon, but you'll just have to play while your (new) 3DS (XL) thinks it's night.

I have 2DS so I'll be playing it on that device. I might put it out on layaway at my store.

I still hold my statement of it looking like Sonic from Sonic Unleashed

Something I wonder about is the starter evos. A while back it was said that Rockruff and the starters had some common secret, so I wonder if the starters will have different evos for each time of day? That would be interesting to see.

I think they are overdoing it by introducing the new alola forms. I disliked megas from the start, and this isn't making it better. And the new pokemon are just getting uglier and uglier... sad.gif

I don't know if I will get one of these new games. I will probably lay my hands on Sun one day, but most likely not during this year. Unless I can find a copy for a very good price somewhere, that is. tongue.gif

I think they are overdoing it by introducing the new alola forms. I disliked megas from the start, and this isn't making it better. And the new pokemon are just getting uglier and uglier... sad.gif

I don't know if I will get one of these new games. I will probably lay my hands on Sun one day, but most likely not during this year. Unless I can find a copy for a very good price somewhere, that is. tongue.gif

Hmm... so a living sandcastle is worse than a living pokéball?

And megas are a thing. Pokémon Sun and Moon merch that has been showned included a Mega Glalie, and there has been gameplay shown where you can see Dexio and Sina wearing mega rings.

The Pokemon are getting uglier? Uh, hello, gen 1 had two sentient Pokeballs, living sludge, a Pokemon that was considered accidentally rascist (even though it was far from it), and a bunch of self-aware magnets.

And you know what, got a little saying for ya; don't knock it until you try it. I HATED the concept of Mega Evolution when it was first announced, I absolutely despised it. And then I tried it out, starting with Mega-Venusaur, and started to actually LIKE it.

Don't base your judgement solely on designs. Base it on how it plays when YOU play it.

The Pokemon are getting uglier? Uh, hello, gen 1 had two sentient Pokeballs, living sludge, a Pokemon that was considered accidentally rascist (even though it was far from it), and a bunch of self-aware magnets.

And you know what, got a little saying for ya; don't knock it until you try it. I HATED the concept of Mega Evolution when it was first announced, I absolutely despised it. And then I tried it out, starting with Mega-Venusaur, and started to actually LIKE it.

Don't base your judgement solely on designs. Base it on how it plays when YOU play it.

If I'm being honest, in Gen 5. I never liked Solosis. I never liked his evolutions but that all changed when I caught a shiny Solosis. Gen 6. Furfrou looked really stupid to me. I caught one and it turns out I loved it. Same thing with Honedge and Meowstic.

If I'm being honest, in Gen 5. I never liked Solosis. I never liked his evolutions but that all changed when I caught a shiny Solosis. Gen 6. Furfrou looked really stupid to me. I caught one and it turns out I loved it. Same thing with Honedge and Meowstic.

It's the same for me (and probably quite a lot of people). I didn't like Vileplume or Croagunk, but after I decided to actually try them in my team, they quickly became two of my favourites.

Liking the design is just a bonus, really. It's more about what works and what doesn't work for you.

So this is semi related, but I saw the trailer for the new anime. Does Ash seem....younger? He definitely looks different.

Also what do you guys think about the starters getting split evolutions? Beyond what I said prior it seems to be a recurring rumor I've heard because of Rockruff's split evolution.

So this is semi related, but I saw the trailer for the new anime. Does Ash seem....younger? He definitely looks different.

Also what do you guys think about the starters getting split evolutions? Beyond what I said prior it seems to be a recurring rumor I've heard because of Rockruff's split evolution.

I think Ash looks dumb in this new artstyle.

And I think everyone should rejoice cause it could mean that Littens final form has a were-cat (bipedal form) and a Tigger (a wonderful thing) form.

I am NOT liking this new anime art style. I wanted an older Ash, not a younger Ash with late-1990's art style.

Anyways, finally a proper wolf pokemon! I hope they aren't version-exclusive or GTS is available, I'm planning on playing Moon but I don't like the night form. It would have looked cool as a quadruped, but bipedal... no.

Also, the two form theory for the starter evos sound so appealing to me. I can finally hope for a quadruped Litten evo. xd.png

I've long given up on the anime doing anything right anymore. Let me predict the first few episodes now. Ash is still 10, Pikachu's level resets, they meet the new friend they'll be traveling with all season and Pikachu will lose to the first wild flying type they encounter. dry.gif

As for the theory of the split starter evos, I'm all for it. I love pokemon that can evolve differently. The eeveelutions, Pilotoad, Bellossom, Galade, etc. I'm really curious to see what the different forms would look like and what determines how they evolve.

Will it be gender, time of day, which game you get? I really hope this is true. happy.gif

The wolves aren't version-exclusive? It becomes Midday Form if it evolves during the day and Midnight Form if it evolves during the night. Moon's gimmick isn't that it's night 24/7, it's that its ingame clock is 12 hours off from your actual one. If you play Moon at night, it'll be day ingame, and you can get midday wolf.

I'm incredibly apathetic about midday wolf, and that's about as close to hating a Pokemon as I can get. Midnight wolf looks like a goofy sonic OC, but even that means it's got a visible and cohesive theme and some personality. Midday wolf is just An Anime Wolf With Rocks On It. Maybe more information will warm me up to it, but it seems unlikely at this point. :T

Unfortunately, they are indeed version exclusive according to Serebii.

"In it, it shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon. It also says that Midday Form has a move called AccelRock, which is a priority move, while Midnight Form has got the move Counter." Though they mentioned forms, so maybe they'll change in between day in game, or (I really hope not) trading to a different version.

Edited by JolteonTails

Unfortunately, they are indeed version exclusive according to Serebii.

"In it, it shows the Midday Form being obtained in Pokémon Sun and the Midnight Form being obtained in Pokémon Moon. It also says that Midday Form has a move called AccelRock, which is a priority move, while Midnight Form has got the move Counter."

I saw that, but I took it to mean that those specific images showed those things, not that that was the only way it could be. Since on Serebii's new Pokemon page, it says this:

"Lugarugan was revealed in the October 2016 issue of CoroCoro. It is the evolution of Rockruff, but has a unique feature. It has two different forms depending on when it evolved. If it evolves during Daytime, it'll have the standard Midday Form, but if it evolves at Nightime, it'll have its Midnight Form."

Edited by Fractional Pi Day

I see. I'm not sure why they displayed Pokemon Sun logo for Midday and Moon for Midnight if that's the case. Seems a little misleading.

It's indeed just telling us that these specific instances took place in these specific games. It depends on wether it's day or night, that's confirmed, so they technically can't be version exclusive if that's the case. Also notice it judges time based on your console's time setting, so if you can't play at night but you do want midday in moon/midnight in sun, you could just manually set your console's time 12 hours ahead.

Also, this feature is not unique. We have Umbreon and Espeon.

Edited by Felixr2