LadyNightshade

Pokemon Sun and Moon

Well, that's one thing to be thankful for. I honestly wouldn't have been surprised if Nintendo and Game Freak made them version exclusive evolutions (which, as far as I know, hasn't really happened...?)

They're definitly version exclusives, the whole point of the two games are to have version exclusives so people trade/ buy both.

they better not be version exclusices bcus i want pokemon moon but i dont really like night form lugarugan at all...

The should be version exclusives in terms of normal evolution, but if you give your rock pup a sun/moon stone it will evolve into that form.

I think Lugarugan's Midnight Form looks an awful lot like Zoroark.

...speaking of that, I'll be naming my Midday "It'sHighNoon"

Thats a dumb name, call it McCree if you want that reference tongue.gif

I'm probably not even gonna get the rock pup so I'm not really concerned about the evolve forms... how many pokemon do we still need revealed to us?

It'sHighNoon sounds fine to me xd.png

Cheers to evolutions based on time, though if they are version-exclusive it won't be the first time if we count the mega evos(Mega Charizard X/Y).

Honestly I want a wolf pokemon with ice or electric typing(that actually looks like a wolf ;P), but since this generation is based on Hawaii I had given up hope for any wolf pokemon at all. Soo conclusion is I'm happy enough with the midday form. lD The midnight form will take some time for me to get used to, though.

They're definitly version exclusives, the whole point of the two games are to have version exclusives so people trade/ buy both.

Yes, every game has version exclusive Pokemon, but as of yet, those have always been base Pokemon, which makes their evolution version exclusive. For example, Meowth being a Blue exclusive leads to Persian also being blue exclusive.

Any Pokemon with multiple evolutions have, so far, always been available on both versions,making it possible to get their evolutions in both. For example, eevee, even in gens where you could only obtain one (without breeding/trading), could still be obtained in both versions. And no, I'm not counting megas.

At the moment, there is no fully evolved Pokemon that is version exclusive without the pre-evo also being exclusive.

Edited by CharonDusk

i really want sun bc solgaleo is A+ but i also haven't outgrown my middle school edgycool phase even after like 5 years so i also want moon?? help

I'm starting to get mad at Nintendo. Like what the heck people? How hard is it to make a stupid dolphin Pokemon? You've already done some stupid apes, now we have some orangutan Pokemon. I'm seriously going to be upset and scream at Nintendo if they don't do a stupid dolphin. I might even refuse to play the game for a while if that happens.

That seems like a rather extreme stance to take for the sake of a single Pokemon type.

That seems like a rather extreme stance to take for the sake of a single Pokemon type.

I've been waiting 20 years for a dolphin Pokemon sleep.gif this is the perfect opportunity and I'm getting frustrated

New video on Serebii. Looks like the wolves are version exclusive after all. Oh well, I'm starting to find this edgy werewolf charming.

And of course Pikachu and Eevee get extra special Z-attacks :\ They're just piling on the extra gen 1 content, aren't they.

That bites. I like the midday form better and I've already preordered Moon. I hope we can still trade them over and they keep their forms.

That special Pikachu z-move is pretty dang cute though. The trainer looks silly doing it, but that Pika dance. And that Eevee move, my gosh that's amazing! wub.gif

I also like the Sun monkey better than the Moon one, but it's move and ability make up for its looks I suppose. Especially when it avoids a Surf attack? I'm impressed.

Edited by Syiren

Okay, seriously? Sun gets the good stuff, like Midday Rockruff-evo and Passimian, while Moon gets "Trying-too-hard-to-be-edgy" Rockruff-evo and the "I'm-a-Meme-Waiting-To-Happen"?

If it wasn't for Lunala and UB Beauty, I'd be going for Sun instead of Moon. I might anyway. I'll wait to see official confirmation of version-exclusive Rockruff evos and what other version exclusives we get before I decide.

But hey, at least customisation is back. Hopefully they'll give the guys more stuff and the girls some not-overly-girly stuff.

Edited by CharonDusk

I preordered Sun for the sake of Solageo, and I'm pretty happy with the version exclusives. I do like the Rockruff Moon evo but I just slightly like the Sun one more. And come on Nintendo stop teasing us and just show us the final evos already!

I preordered Sun for the sake of Solageo, and I'm pretty happy with the version exclusives. I do like the Rockruff Moon evo but I just slightly like the Sun one more. And come on Nintendo stop teasing us and just show us the final evos already!

Nintendo had two different contradicting statements. They say that Rockruff depending if it's night evolves into the midnight form or during the day it evolves into the daytime form. Now they're saying the evolutions are version exclusive meaning no matter if you evolve it during the day or night, the version you get, Rockruff's evos will always end up restricted meaning Day will always end up in Sun and Midnight in Moon.

So which one is it going to be?

Nintendo had two different contradicting statements. They say that Rockruff depending if it's night evolves into the midnight form or during the day it evolves into the daytime form. Now they're saying the evolutions are version exclusive meaning no matter if you evolve it during the day or night, the version you get, Rockruff's evos will always end up restricted meaning Day will always end up in Sun and Midnight in Moon.

Considering that the two evo's were "officially" revealed in a video detailing version exclusives I'm going to bet that they will operate in that manner.

This is why you don't prorder before you know enough.

Why you hating on the Orangutan, dudes got magnificent hair!

The first statement was Serebii's translation from a Japanese scan, and the second was in an official video, so I'd say the second one is more trustworthy. The translation might've been off, and Serebii edited their new Pokemon page to remove the day/night evolution thing when that video came out, so I think it's pretty much confirmed they're version exclusives now.

Everyone's taking the edgy werewolf so seriously. I'd probably dislike it if I did too, but if you recognize how ridiculously goofy the design is, it's really quite loveable.

I still don't get why Lycanroc is rock type... bairly has any stones on it.

That eevee Z movie is amazing but in truth it makes me sad that it confirms there is no new eeveelution.

That eevee Z movie is amazing but in truth it makes me sad that it confirms there is no new eeveelution.

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get something awesome like a dragon type or ground/rock.

It can still be both... it's entirely possible for a pokémon to be version exclusive and be able to evolve only during a certain time of day.

Sorry to break this to you, but the Gen VII will be NOTHING like what you expect. First, the region is based off Pearl Harbor. Yes, you didn't hear wrong. PEARL. HARBOR. The place the Japanese bombed during WW2. Pokémon is a Japanese company. Dang, bad location choice. It will create a controversy!

Second, the new games do not have that classic 8-Gyms-and-Elite-4 formula. Instead, you have to battle the leaders of the 4 or 5 Islands. Even the naming scheme of the professors is broken! The new Pokémon Professor is called Kuku. Seriously?

Third, NO MEGA'S. Isn't it bad that I actually like some Mega's? Instead, the will have something new called zMoves. This requires an accessory like Mega Ring, and specific stones for each Pokémon. Instead of changing the Pokémon's stats, appearance, and sometimes type, it allows a Pokémon to use a universe-obliteratingly overpowered move.

Fourth, some of the new Pokémon have HORRIBLE designs, there is even a Pokémon that is simply a pile of sand. FOR REAL?!! The names are also horrible. There is a Pokémon called... wait for it... TAPU KEKE. What does that even mean?!?! However, there are a lot of cute Pokémon as well.

Last but not least, and the one that upsets me the most, is 'new versions of old Pokémons'. This may sound cool, but indeed, it makes me feel dreadful. The old Pokémon's designs are drastically changed, like the old Pokémons' designs never existed, and their types switched to their opposites.

GAH. Forget the hype.