rubyshoes

Aegis BSA Discussion Enrage Pacify

Definitely going to go with one naughty, one nice; both sprites are just so pretty!

they are sasquatch and yeti

...Just noticed that the enraged sprite doesn't carry over to the actions page. o.o

Apparently this only works for dead eggs (broken egg shells), not eggs turned into vampires.  This also works for dead dragons but not zombies.  These cannot be abandoned, so you cannot pick them from the AP nor drop them to the AP.

Oh ok thanks man do not want to kill eggs though deciding.

Edited by Laryal

The enraged sprite is beautiful, and gives so many new variations for a good lineage (Desipis! Caligene!). The most logical thing will be to keep one Aegis peaceful and one enraged... But I ended my Valkemarian tales on 100% good score and I lore-wise don't really like the idea of a gentle white Aegis turning into the machine of destruction. Oh well. Need to think about it. I'll try the Enrage thing for Halloween though, that's for sure %)

I feel you. I'm going to do it anyway because scroll goals > being nice, but I DO feel bad about it. Killing random dragons just to keep our dragons permanently vicious does seem pretty darn cruel... even if at least I picked an egg from a species known to eat other dragons to justify it, haha. Forgive me, fluff babies! ;A;

I just really wish the enraged form to be available as hatchlings.

(and just a recolor should be fine:))

I can even see how it could work:

the form of each non-CB hatchling depending on the form its Aegis father was in at the point of breeding the egg(/s)biggrin.gif

So if the Aegis was enraged when bred, the hatchling will be enraged too (until reaching adulthood and getting pacified if ever) biggrin.gif

This way:

1) anyone who collects frozen sprites of alts (or regulars&alts) could have enraged frozens,

2) this would also add a possibility to get an enraged Aegis without ever having anything dead on one's scroll(as many people feel repulsed from obtaining the enraged form just because it requires death on their scroll!)smile.gif

Meaning a pros for at least 2 different gameplays (of freezing and of not-killing)biggrin.gif

(if the Aegis creators haven't thought of that, I hope they'll like this and ask TJ to implement:) Solstices and Mistletoes brought surprises the year following their respective releases after all:D)

About Avatars: I'd shoot for an Avatar of Change xd.png Because Aegis change forms:D But it's not the case.

Maybe the result depends on the form the Aegis was in during breeding:P (then Creation vs Destruction)? There is a reported case of a peaceful Aegis breeding an Avatar of Creation;) Anyone to check and breed an enraged Aegis to a GoN?

I'm curious:P I hope someone will report on that soon^^

Edited by VixenDra

I feel you. I'm going to do it anyway because scroll goals > being nice, but I DO feel bad about it. Killing random dragons just to keep our dragons permanently vicious does seem pretty darn cruel... even if at least I picked an egg from a species known to eat other dragons to justify it, haha. Forgive me, fluff babies! ;A;

You don't need to do anything to KEEP them enraged. One dead egg/hatchie/whatever to change a dragon for as long as you like seems OK to me. Sooner or later a Vamp bite will fail, a neglected experiment will go south or of course Zombie attempts...

These don't seem any more cruel than any of the above and most long-time players will gladly do any of the above.

P.S.Also deadlining of course biggrin.gif

You don't need to do anything to KEEP them enraged. One dead egg/hatchie/whatever to change a dragon for as long as you like seems OK to me. Sooner or later a Vamp bite will fail, a neglected experiment will go south or of course Zombie attempts...

These don't seem any more cruel than any of the above and most long-time players will gladly do any of the above.

P.S.Also deadlining of course biggrin.gif

Oh I know it's permanent, I meant "keep" as in, we will always condemn our dragons to be filled with murderous futile rage forever. Which seems an awful cruel thing to do to such gentle dragons. As you say there are many worse things we DC players do during our careers (I have 30 NDs, I get it xd.png), it's just another reason we deserve to be on the naughty list, haha. Especially when I can vamp/neglect/zombify mean dragons like plated colossus and falconiform, but it's hard to justify enraging innocent kindly dragons. ;A;

Oh I know it's permanent, I meant "keep" as in, we will always condemn our dragons to be filled with murderous futile rage forever. Which seems an awful cruel thing to do to such gentle dragons. As you say there are many worse things we DC players do during our careers (I have 30 NDs, I get it xd.png), it's just another reason we deserve to be on the naughty list, haha. Especially when I can vamp/neglect/zombify mean dragons like plated colossus and falconiform, but it's hard to justify enraging innocent kindly dragons. ;A;

Pff - my poor Vampire (well OK maybe he is evil) just tried to procreate and it failed. "Was soll das bedeuten" (What's the meaning of THIS?) came by, went into a rage and never calmed down. It's a total over-reaction and his own fault. I stand by that statement. tongue.gif

(The event thread closed before I posted this, but, curse you Birdz! I've had the game music stuck in my head for days now!)

I think I'll only breed mine as fluffy Aegis, though I still haven't found anything just right for them yet. Next year I will definitely pick one up to Enrage... but the hatchies were so cute too, I'll be tempted to freeze one of each.... unsure.gif

Unless I start ND experimenting, I don't have dead dragons to set them off with either. I'll do it once just to see, but I like the blue and white forms too much to leave either of them like that.

Pff - my poor Vampire (well OK maybe he is evil) just tried to procreate and it failed. "Was soll das bedeuten" (What's the meaning of THIS?) came by, went into a rage and never calmed down. It's a total over-reaction and his own fault. I stand by that statement. tongue.gif

Herk, we already know most of your dragons have veryyy skewed moral compasses, so forgive me if I don't trust your vampire's judgment! xd.png

I love your Aegis' name though, that's hilarious :'D

This is fantastic, I love it! Have one of mine enraged (vampire fails ) looks like a crazed werewolf.. laugh.gif

How were "Was soll das bedeuten" and "Es taget ja schon" not taken with all the German-speaking members? laugh.gif These are great! biggrin.gif

I guess fun with naming is another reason to have one of each variant. ^^

I haven't tried to make another Vampire in months... so without knowing about the new enrage ability I tried to make a special 12:00 Midnight new years one... it failed, but I got a super angry dragon! xd.png

And I killed a random AP Deep Sea egg... Just checked if it's messy and it was so...

But thing is I'm not so much against killing on DC...

(I mean, unless the offspring of the to-be-killed is on sb else's scroll - ruining sb else's dragons' lineage is just... unforgiveable)

There are quite a few players who won't kill even a pixel creature... Various people - various scroll rules/standards.

Edited by VixenDra

I had to hunt for something to kill. I was egg locked, so I couldn't just grab a random AP egg. But I have tons of frozen hatchlings and was able to find one where I don't really care for the sprite anyways. It was a Cassare.

I'm not decided yet if I'm going to leave my dragon Enraged or Pacify him when the time comes. I'm really, really digging the Enraged sprite, I LOVE the messy fur, the pose, the tongue, the blackness... I love it. I might just keep it that way. I don't do lineages so that is not a concern for me.

Neither of my two Aegises have personalities that really fit the enraged state, so I'm going to calm Pahpyrus down when I can and then wait until next year until I get some angry durrgons.

I wonder if the enraged state wears off over time, or if it can only be reversed by pacify?

Also, Herk, that's fantastic. xd.png

"Well, it's probably only going to have one sprite, let me freeze one of my hatchies..."

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFWHYDIDIDOTHAT

Any chance we'll be getting a "Thaw" BSA to unfreeze hatchies? tongue.gif

What would be awesomest of the awesome would be if the Aegis eggs bred by an Aegis while enraged would hatch into enrageds and stay like that unless pacified by their owner....

Because otherwise - well, mine will yoyo depending on what I feel like. So anyone who gets an egg from either of mine - be warned. They might do ANYTHING ninja.giflaugh.gifninja.gif

I wonder if the enraged state wears off over time, or if it can only be reversed by pacify?

It only switches back if you use Pacify.

ETA: I could enrage mine if I wanted (yay dead ND exps?), but still not sure if I will; I'm not sure I can bring myself to enrage him, so that leaves him, and he already has offspring off my scroll. (Although it might make it look like he's angry at having a girl's name, heh!)

Edited by Amazon_warrior

It only switches back if you use Pacify.

ETA: I could enrage mine if I wanted (yay dead ND exps?), but still not sure if I will; I'm not sure I can bring myself to enrage him, so that leaves him, and he already has offspring off my scroll. (Although it might make it look like he's angry at having a girl's name, heh!)

Oh wow, nice nab with that word code!

I love the BSA. It fits this dragons perfectly and I love that we can have one of each in our scroll and the chance to switch their forms as we will, without surprises or restrictions.

I'm keeping one enraged and one pacified. I had picked them from specific biomes to match them to coppers, and fortunately I chose forest and coast, so they match perfectly.

Oh wow, nice nab with that word code!

Thanks - I was thrilled it fitted the peaceful version so well! happy.gif

Does anyone know yet whether the enraged version breeds a different Avatar? 'Cos if they do, I might mess about with that a bit...

This BSA is totally neat, but right now when I look at my enraged one in the 'actions' menu, it looks pacified. He's still angry on my scroll and on his page, but when I went to describe him he looked nice. Is that a bug? Is it going to be fixed?

My Enraged dragon shows as Enraged on the actions page, so maybe try clearing your cookies/catche?

This BSA is totally neat, but right now when I look at my enraged one in the 'actions' menu, it looks pacified. He's still angry on my scroll and on his page, but when I went to describe him he looked nice. Is that a bug? Is it going to be fixed?

Do a hard refresh (Ctrl + F5) on the actions page. Your browser's cache is likely causing that, as mine did the same thing with my enraged Aegis too. smile.gif

Edited by Crystal Dragon