rubyshoes

Aegis BSA Discussion Enrage Pacify

What a cool twist for these guys. Mine just grew up and I had to try it. Totally worth a little inbred brimstone hatch. I'll keep one angered and I named them appropriately. Breeding makes me a little nervous, but I can't wait to see the options with these guys.

Had I known that this holiday dragon had a bsa that changed its appearance, I would not have traded my second CB away. I was under the impression TJ said holiday and rare dragons would not get BSA's because they didn't need a reason to be more coveted, or something to that effect. First the color change with the solstices, now this. I feel if this sort of thing is going to start being the norm, restrictions are going to have to be lifted.

And some warning about what's going on would be nice.

I enraged one of mine by killing an uber-common CB egg.

I chose "Not Quite Silent Night" for the honour.

Edited by Xocowolf

I named mine "CB Naughty" and "CB Nice" before I even knew of the BSA- needless to say, CB Naughty is enraged. tongue.gif

I love the 'nice' Aegis dragons... the 'enraged' ones are cool too. But I'm keeping both of my CBs blue and will find a pair next xmas to enrage. I don't like them well enough to try for more of them.. and this shangeability means I won't be making lineages with them.

That said, I'm not especially happy with this turn of events. Holiday dragons do NOT need 'extras', they are supposed to be specail just because they are Holiday dragons. Giving something so uber cool to a Holiday dragon is just plain mean. We only get 2 caveborns as it is and I want both of mine to be the pretty blue ones. Needing to wait a whole year to get bred ones to enrage is no fun at all.

This BSA should have been given to a COMMON, NOT a Holiday.. or we should have been able to have 4 of them.

I personally love that the last few holidays have all had special mechanics. I think it makes them more interesting, especially given the lack of descriptions for them. What some people may dislike, other people may absolutely love, so even if you don't like the mechanic, it's a little extreme to be yelling in caps that holidays shouldn't ever get special mechanics, IMO.

Oh wow, this is pretty awesome! And I love how much the enraged sprite fills in the lineage box~ I prefer the color scheme of the original (if only by a little), however, so I'm going to keep my CBs both happy so I have guaranteed 3rd gens of whatever I want. Next Christmas I hope to see a good number of angry babies! xd.png

...Just noticed that the enraged sprite doesn't carry over to the actions page. o.o

will this change? got confuzzled for a bit there writing descriptions for my boys.

Would have been nice if there had been an special announcement about a new BSA on the front page of the site. ninja.gif

I killed one of my old frozen hatchlings from when I was gunning for my trophies. The transformed look works for this guy, especially considering his code~ dragcave.net/lineage/RIAWW

will this change? got confuzzled for a bit there writing descriptions for my boys.

There is nothing to change. Just do a hard refresh (usually [CTRL]+[F5]) on your actions page to see the updated sprite.

The thing is, there are only very few occasions where adult sprites change at all (only Luminas come to mind, besides Aegis) so their usual pages (e.g. actions) aren't designed to automagically use the new sprite, which means you need to tell it to forget what it "knew" and load freshly from the server.

.....considering both of mine are named for the guardian spirit in Princess Mononoke, this is PERFECT! Forest Spirit Treefell and Forest Guardian Treefell will look awesome as two sides of the same coin! I'll have to enrage Guardian. Can't wait to make lineages!!

i saw an enraged one on a persons scroll and i was like "omg thats a great spriter's alt, i've never seen one with an opposite pose as well as different colors xd.png"

then i was like ... wait, they're not one of the spriters o.o is it a new dragon

finally saw mention of the BSA and saw it on my own dragons page as well xd.png

i'll be keeping one enraged and one pacified on my scroll. i'm glad to know this is "permanent" rather than like the Lumina's quirk xd.png

tho the ability to enrage an Aegis after a vamp kill of a mis-click is a nice way to vent frustration on the scroll.