rubyshoes

Aegis BSA Discussion Enrage Pacify

My dilemma disappeared the moment I found the perfect names.

I'm somewhat sad I can't have two non-enraged ones because I like that sprite more, but I think having both (and joining the Aegis breeding support group as soon as I'm 100% sure) is the best solution. smile.gif

That's interesting. I think the BSA is a nice addition.

Although, to be honest, I don't like the enraged sprite that much. I've trouble distinguishing its features - the thing sticking out from his mouth is its tongue, right? xd.png And they've also got fur on their underside? I hadn't noticed that until now.

ETA: But I do love the additional art that is on the wiki, that's gorgeous!

Edited by Chococat0815

Hi everyone can someone please explain in detailed steps how to enrage the Aegis? Thanks a lot and happy new year!! smile.gif

Hi everyone can someone please explain in detailed steps how to enrage the Aegis? Thanks a lot and happy new year!! smile.gif

You need to kill a dragon, either egg, hatchie or an adult. Once you've done that your Aegis dragon will have the BSA "Enrage" available on their "actions" page.

Use the action and voila - enraged sprite.

You need to kill a dragon, either egg, hatchie or an adult. Once you've done that your Aegis dragon will have the BSA "Enrage" available on their "actions" page.

Use the action and voila - enraged sprite.

Oh thanks!

A little sad you have to kill another dragon though..

Does enraged aegis stay like that? Or how is it pacified?

Thanks a lot smile.gif

The Aegis will stay enraged until you use the action "pacify".

The action "pacify" only becomes available once you have NO dead eggs/dragons on your scroll.

I wonder what kinds of avatars we can expect from Aegis dragons in both their forms. The enraged form seems to be aligned with destruction, which would result in Avatars of Destruction. Peaceful, however, seems aligned with life, so... AoC or AoCh?

Can someone verify?

Edited by olympe

I agree, but unfortunately I can't think of anything better either.

~~~

It's interesting how some people are planning to keep two peacefuls, and so e are planning to have one of each, but so far nobody's mentioned wanting two enrageds.

I honestly prefer the enraged version and am thinking of making both of mine enraged, except that I have already given away an offspring of one of them on the departure thread and kind of hate to pull the rug out from under the person who got it. It was mated with a Stripe, though, so that would look just as good with the enraged version.

I have nothing dead on my scroll, but I think there was a glitch when the BSA was first implemented that gave the Enrage option to everyone. I was probably one of the first to notice it and had to see what it did. Now I don't have the option on the second one and something will have to die for me to get it. sad.gif

I've zombies but no enraged Aegis.

I have both.... AND I plan on TRYING to unenrage him just as soon as the dead egg I have on my scroll is gone. wink.gif

Once I know I will try to remember to post my findings here in the name of science.

The enraged form also sorts after the peaceful form in sort by breed, so if you change them back and forth, you're going to get some confusion in the sorting (should you use automatic sorting, of course).

Edited by mpolo

MY main issue is that I got only ONE of these beauties and so... I must now decide which I want my Aegis to be.

While I prefer the appearance of the enraged sprite, is there any clue to the cooldown period, or if there is one? A cooldown may make it difficult to keep an Aegis in the enraged form, and would interfere with the oath that some are taking.

Also, once enraged, do more dragons need to die to keep them enraged?

I think I'll try to enrage one of mine around Halloween, when I'll have some dead hatchlings on my scroll anyway. Then I'll also see if starved-to-death dragons count as well as bitten/killed ones.

While I prefer the appearance of the enraged sprite, is there any clue to the cooldown period, or if there is one? A cooldown may make it difficult to keep an Aegis in the enraged form, and would interfere with the oath that some are taking.

Also, once enraged, do more dragons need to die to keep them enraged?

There is no cooldown. If you enrage it and then two minutes later have no more dead eggs/hatchlings/dragons on your scroll, you can immediately pacify it again. It will also stay enraged until you pacify it.

There is no cooldown. If you enrage it and then two minutes later have no more dead eggs/hatchlings/dragons on your scroll, you can immediately pacify it again. It will also stay enraged until you pacify it.

Thank you, Odeen, for your very fast response, and all your work on these gorgeous dragons!

They were pretty to start, but the enraged coloring is just wonderful, and much more in tune with my preferred palette! I hate to kill something without a plan, but I really want the enraged sprite for my scroll. Hmmmm...

Yeah, I think my problem is the ability to have only two CBs. At least next year there will be more opportunity to have more than two next year.

In other news, my vampires have decided to be unusually cooperative in producing vampires(I WANT them to kill for the dead egg to use enrage). Before, my vampires were kill happy, killing as often, if not more than, turning them. Now they have turned several and none have been killed. I'm not sure why I am so hesitant to just use kill.

I think I'll try to enrage one of mine around Halloween, when I'll have some dead hatchlings on my scroll anyway. Then I'll also see if starved-to-death dragons count as well as bitten/killed ones.

I believe that they will, because the dead egg on my scroll was one i sort of,... ahem... lost track of and failed to put i hatcheries.

So yes, I believe starved things count.

I think I'll keep both of mine peaceful. Dont get me wrong the enraged sprite looks incredible but I don't want to kill any of my dragons to make them change, even if the dragon is messy xd.png

I happened to try to make some vamps yesterday, without knowing about the enrage BSA. So I was able to use the enrage BSA, since one of my vamps ended up killing an egg (the other one turned into a vamp)

Now just wondering about whether to keep it enraged or pacify it again when the dead egg is gone (which will take some time)

Oh wow. And here I was thinking Aegis dragons just can't be more awesome. Well, it's 20% cooler now!

The enraged sprite is beautiful, and gives so many new variations for a good lineage (Desipis! Caligene!). The most logical thing will be to keep one Aegis peaceful and one enraged... But I ended my Valkemarian tales on 100% good score and I lore-wise don't really like the idea of a gentle white Aegis turning into the machine of destruction. Oh well. Need to think about it. I'll try the Enrage thing for Halloween though, that's for sure %)

Edited by laertid

Does the enraged work on eggs that you cought by others and then had your vampires bite them and the egg is stone cold? Why i asked is after i saw the other form i took an egg from the abandoned pile and the inraged is still greyed out for me.I even bred two of my own and the dragons of course kicked the egg off my scroll.

Edited by Laryal

Does the enraged work on eggs that you cought by others and then had your vampires bite them and the egg is stone cold? Why i asked is after i saw the other form i took an egg from the abandoned pile and the inraged is still greyed out for me.I even bred two of my own and the dragons of course kicked the egg off my scroll.

Apparently this only works for dead eggs (broken egg shells), not eggs turned into vampires. This also works for dead dragons but not zombies. These cannot be abandoned, so you cannot pick them from the AP nor drop them to the AP.

I think I'll do one of each. The biggest question is which I will switch since I chose eggs from different biomes to easy biome-related breeding patterns. Since they are males, Coppers aren't a problem, but I'll have to think on the Xeno possibilities.

I intend to keep one of each permanently so I think I'll keep one egg from each and name them something like "Dad is Always Angry"/"Dad is Always Calm" so if someone checks on an AP'd eggs lineage, they might see it and understand the lineage won't change.

Ahhh I love it, two great sprites for the price of one! I think the angry one will look better with bronze shimmers and I'm delighted to get two new mates for Oasis.

Can't bring myself to kill off a dragon for it, though. xd.png I usually forget to log in and lose an egg or two a few times a year (shame ;.; ) so next time that happens one of my Aegis can be righteously angry at me.

Edited by arula