TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

It's come up a few times in the Help section, and though I've hinted at it through memes, I'd like to post some direct confirmation:

Bred Mistletoes can be either male or female. It is for this reason that Influence can be used on them.

They were designed to be a counterpart of sorts to the Holly--they have a leafy bit on the end of the tail, a colored underbelly, and a happy expression, and a few other nods--since holly and mistletoe are often mistaken in real life. As such, Tiki and I figured it'd be fun to add another parallel between them by letting bred Mistletoes breed offspring of either gender, but with caveborn individuals being female instead of male. This was not a necessary condition of their release, but TJ was kind enough to implement this feature for us when it was proposed. I think will be a fun addition to holiday breeding!

I'm excited to see what lineages you guys create, with the possibility for spirals and other lineage types now being open to Mistletoes smile.gif

While I don't entirely care, I think that Tj better announce that. Otherwise theres gonna be some unhappy people (look what happened with the Solstice last year xd.png)

Though, at least we have time to influence them properly, thanks for the heads up Pie!

well, that was disappointing. i was going through the game hoping it would be a full game and not something that gets uploaded/updated per day; wasted too many minutes for nothing.

still pretty cool you guys did this though. thank you.

I think that Tj better announce that. Otherwise theres gonna be some unhappy people (look what happened with the Solstice last year xd.png)

...Yeah +1

While eggs are still influenceable ^^

And now I have a reason to grab some Mistletoes ^^

Well Perl just called me Snowa even though I changed the name. Uh...what gives? tongue.gif

Neat little game btw. When it didn't work at first I thought it was because I didn't have java installed. *facepalm*

Edited by Booo

It's come up a few times in the Help section, and though I've hinted at it through memes, I'd like to post some direct confirmation:

Bred Mistletoes can be either male or female. It is for this reason that Influence can be used on them.

They were designed to be a counterpart of sorts to the Holly--they have a leafy bit on the end of the tail, a colored underbelly, and a happy expression, and a few other nods--since holly and mistletoe are often mistaken in real life. As such, Tiki and I figured it'd be fun to add another parallel between them by letting bred Mistletoes breed offspring of either gender, but with caveborn individuals being female instead of male. This was not a necessary condition of their release, but TJ was kind enough to implement this feature for us when it was proposed. I think will be a fun addition to holiday breeding!

I'm excited to see what lineages you guys create, with the possibility for spirals and other lineage types now being open to Mistletoes smile.gif

That's such a neat idea! I like them even more now. wub.gif Thanks for the heads-up!

Really like the game, but my Final Fantasy training had me trying to peek in everybody's stuff for loot. smile.gif

I did manage to slip through a couple trees to get to the gnome on the far right and I pestered the "I'll clear it in a few minutes" guy for a while before coming over here to learn that I had gone as far as I could in the storyline. Will probably not stay up to midnight tonight just to play the next chapter right away. wink.gif

Thanks for the cute game!

I also got 7 of the 8 holiday dragons from the AP, so now I have Christmas dragons! I'll still have to get at least one Mistletoe, but I'm egglocked for a couple days.

I've managed to decorate my tree and PERL left my house. But I didn't get the Day completed sign.

I still finished everything right?

That's what I've read at least...

Edit: typos

Edited by Shokomon

Ditto, I went everywhere I could for goodies and secret messages. Then I got hit with the Black Screen of Death. xd.png I hope I'll be able to reset the game or something, because I really want to play through it personally.

I just wanted to say that the generosity of users on here is amazing <3 So many hollies being given out, I love how they're more common than they were last time I was around! It's pretty cool because cleaner lines and lower gens still have value, but they're not totally unobtainable happy.gif

Well I managed to get all 51 of my Holiday dragons breed Enjoy Everyone xd.png

And now a question in the game I've gotten my tree and had it decorated and I have watered it is that all I need to do for today or is there still another part or something I need to do ?

does the mini game save automatically, also after I speak to perl in my house after getting the tree, what do I do.

ps, can we keep the minigame after Christmas?

While I don't entirely care, I think that Tj better announce that. Otherwise theres gonna be some unhappy people (look what happened with the Solstice last year xd.png)

Though, at least we have time to influence them properly, thanks for the heads up Pie!

That's his call to make, not mine, haha. Regardless, I thought some confirmation before eggs started hatching would help prevent some drama. Though, I'll admit, it was very fun watching the initial confusion =P

That's his call to make, not mine, haha. Regardless, I thought some confirmation before eggs started hatching would help prevent some drama. Though, I'll admit, it was very fun watching the initial confusion =P

Oh I know of course, I just think it would save him from having a headache later xd.png I think it is a good thing that you said it though, at least in a decent span of time.

Oooohhh...my goodness!!!! THE EVENT IS SO CUTE.

ARTISTS (and programmer(s)???), YOU'VE OUTDONED YOURSELVES! ohmy.gif

Heh, nice thing about the AP being full of Christmas eggs - I ran into a Copper egg in the Desert, clicked over to the Coast before I knew what I was seeing, hurried back to the Desert, and STILL got the Copper!

I am now completely unable to play the game. I click Continue Playing and get a connection timeout. sad.gif I had an out-of-bounds black screen, but I can't fix it because the link was nonfunctional and I can't even get to the screen where the link was placed.

This event seems like it will be fun and a bit different.

I managed to trade for or snag four eggs off my "to find" list and I grabbed three other nice ones as well. Now to wait two days until I'm no longer egg-locked.

I notice that Hollies seem much more common this year. I probably caught more than a dozen this morning sorting through for eggs to keep.

I like the fact that i can do a spiral with Mistletoes from now on. cool.gif Time for plotting a great spiral.

Chapter 1 (or chapter 2) after the tutorial is not online? Want to interact with reindeers that i saw when i glitched away... Did not interact with the reindeers at that time. sad.gif

I wonder if all these other houses will have a purpose later on (or if they're just there to make me not be able to find my way home! xd.png ).

Merry Christmas, everyone! :B

the event glitched? The screen is just grayscale in the square

Edit: Nvm, switched to chrome and now it works. Silly IE. Oh, and LOVE THE GAME!! Dragomon!!

Edited by ScnBrain_2008

This Christmas is more relaxed for me. I don't really want to spend all of my time catching and I'm planning on keeping all of my Solstice's offsprings. <3 So have fun, everyone! biggrin.gif

I really, really need to find at least 2x 2G Hollies (or, at worst, 3G) when I next become unlocked!