TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

I really, really need to find at least 2x 2G Hollies (or, at worst, 3G) when I next become unlocked!

A majority of us need to find 2nd gen. hollies xd.png

I have been looking every year since I have been here and had no luck yet. Seems like this Christmas it will not happen either. (unless someone decides to give me one)

On another note, still not able to play the game since yesterday. Hopefully I can still get my badge sad.gif

I've managed to decorate my tree and PERL left my house. But I didn't get the Day completed sign.

I still finished everything right?

That's what I've read at least...

Edit: typos

There is supposed to be a "Day completed" sign? I went in my house after chopping down the tree, Perl came in and talked to me, then I watered my tree... but nothing else after that.

Edited by Ixxyon

A majority of us need to find 2nd gen. hollies xd.png

Very true! I guess that is another reason why they are so hard to come by, along with their rarity in being an early dragon to the Cave sad.gif

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to play the game :/

I just finished breeding all my Christmas dragons directly to the AP including seven clean lines hollies. Have fun hunting! smile.gif

Very true! I guess that is another reason why they are so hard to come by, along with their rarity in being an early dragon to the Cave sad.gif

Sorry to hear you haven't been able to play the game :/

No worries, hopefully it starts to play again real soon. I will not start to worry until the event is almost over.

https://i.imgur.com/vEMqHvD.png https://i.imgur.com/oZCvbmE.png (linked for size)

That is what it does and I hope whatever is wrong with it goes away real soon rolleyes.gif

Edited by lollipop00

No worries, hopefully it starts to play again real soon. I will not start to worry until the event is almost over.

https://i.imgur.com/vEMqHvD.png https://i.imgur.com/oZCvbmE.png (linked for size)

That is what it does and I hope whatever is wrong with it goes away real soon rolleyes.gif

Click where it says "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." No matter if there is no link to click, just click on the text till the game works. It's what I did to fix mine.

It's come up a few times in the Help section, and though I've hinted at it through memes, I'd like to post some direct confirmation:

Bred Mistletoes can be either male or female. It is for this reason that Influence can be used on them.

They were designed to be a counterpart of sorts to the Holly--they have a leafy bit on the end of the tail, a colored underbelly, and a happy expression, and a few other nods--since holly and mistletoe are often mistaken in real life. As such, Tiki and I figured it'd be fun to add another parallel between them by letting bred Mistletoes breed offspring of either gender, but with caveborn individuals being female instead of male. This was not a necessary condition of their release, but TJ was kind enough to implement this feature for us when it was proposed. I think will be a fun addition to holiday breeding!

I'm excited to see what lineages you guys create, with the possibility for spirals and other lineage types now being open to Mistletoes smile.gif

YES!! She won't be lonely! biggrin.gif I must find a mate for her now. This is exciting news!

Make sure JS is enabled and try Ctrl+F5? Failing that, try another browser?

Firefox seems to work so for now on I will be using that to play the game. Thank you so much FortyTwo!

Click where it says "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location." No matter if there is no link to click, just click on the text till the game works. It's what I did to fix mine.

I tried that on Chrome and it did not work. Firefox was working straight away so I think it is just a chrome problem. I will be using Firefox to play now since Chrome seems to be broken. Thank you for the help though!

Heh, now both my CB Mistletoes are kind of wasted since I can't make proper pairing to them (no CB males)... I'm getting 2 2gs instead so they will breed into an at least even lineage:P

I'm having troubles with Firefox, so be careful. Seems like any browser can encounter glitches.

I'm honestly a little disappointed with the Mistletoes.. I caught the news about them being able to be both genders before my eggs hatched. But there are gonna be a lot of people who aren't on the forums or don't read the forums that are banking on not having to influence over Christmas. It really adds more stress onto events, when you /have/ to make sure you have enough influences before the event if you want your linages to be okay.. I personally really don't care for the update on the Mistletoes. It's cute in theory, but stressful in the long run.

Edit:

Don't get me wrong, I still love Mistletoes, this is just a little disappointing.

Edited by shadowfighter

I'm having troubles with Firefox, so be careful. Seems like any browser can encounter glitches.

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully the game will be okay and no problems for the next chapter. If there is a problem I have my last resort IE xd.png I really do not wish to use that though, but if it comes down to it...

Wait so bred Mistletoes can be male or female? Didn't catch that until now. xd.png But that leaves a ton more lineage options available so thats awesome.

Nice !

This is definitely a unique holiday event, and props to you for not using Flash in 2015 for the game. : )

Flash is dead. Nobody is using anymore.

How are these controls supposed to work on a smartphone? I have the arrow keys on the screen, and a blue dot and green dot, but nothing happens when I'm in front of the christmas trees... am I supposed to be able to select one? How do you get the rest of the text to show in the box?

Anyone know what we're supposed to do for the second day or is it still the first day of the game? o.o

It's still the first day. smile.gif

I love it. a full game not made with Flash.

(DARN THE DECISION BETWEEN 2014 AND 2015 DRAGON IS REAL

I NEED MORE SLOTS TO HATCH EGGS)

Thanks TJ! Already got my fill of holidays, as well as I got confused why I didn't progress in the game and I realized it progresses through "real time" - tomorrow we'll get something new!

How are these controls supposed to work on a smartphone? I have the arrow keys on the screen, and a blue dot and green dot, but nothing happens when I'm in front of the christmas trees... am I supposed to be able to select one? How do you get the rest of the text to show in the box?

Blue button is select, green is action.