TJ09

2015-12-19 - Holiday Event Info

try hitting enter or space

I got out of being "stuck" with the black screen by hitting the "out of bounds" link under the game window... it asked me if I wanted to be ported back and warned me I would lose all progress for the day (meaning it would reset for the day).

Am back in my house... so I suppose that works.

I did have to CTRL+F5 once for the link to work accurately.

soo tried the game last night, and just got the BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH after picking my name and pressing start. decided to try and leave it while i slept. woke up this morning, tried again, same thing. *sadface*

but since i reeeally wanted to play and keep up, i use my mom's computer and used google chrome, and it worked just fine! so..day done.

but my computer is IE, while i used Chrome on my mom's computer. so...is IE the issue? i did try the hard refresh and regular refresh.

interesting, i JUST did a refresh on my laptop with IE, and finally got rid of the black screen of death. now it shows the loading bar, but freezes there.

still i suppose it's progress.^^

I completed the day...I may or may not know what I'm doing , but it was kind of fun...I think!

Edited by bigbite100

I never thought the difference between people who play video games and those who don't would become so evident X'D if anyone needs help please post in one of the help threads, we've got ya!

I know what the trouble was... I must have missed the message about day one being complete, and since it apparently only shows once, I didn't know that I was done for the day. :facepalm:

This isn't working very well and the screen is so small it's hard to see what you are doing. I'm on a Mac 10.9.5 using Google Chrome. I can't say this is fun at all.

Zoom in if you can't see.

Thank you for the out of bounds option, guys! It reseted my game but I managed to end day 1 just fine, or at least the game itself told me "day 1 completed" ^^

Anyway, can't wait to see the rest of the days of it! ^^

This is great fun xd.png

I'm glad I didn't experience any of the glitches/problems some others did. I'm looking forward to the next days.

I only wish it would show your progress/whether it has saved somewhere.

Thanks to everyone who participated in creating this event!

Hah, Children Nuggets.

Well, this is my kind of game. I keep getting the urge to hurl pottery or swing yo-yos around, though. It's also making my browser lag the more I play it, but that may partly be due to the amount of tabs I have open. And does this thing save automatically when you're done? I'm wishing there was some sort of menu or way to tell you the game was saved or your goal for the day was achieved.

Good job, everyone. :) It seems these holiday events get more elaborate every year and this one must have taken quite a bit of work.

Thank you for the kind words! (Just don't break too much pottery. And yoyos so close to a computer might be dangerous.)

As for saving, the game does auto-save, and quite frequently.

Unless you completed the event last night before the "Day Complete" thing was patched in, then it just ended without any real indication of the day ending. However, a "Day Complete" text box should pop up for you after PERL leaves, now.

As long as PERL has left and you have your tree in your house, you have completed the day's tutorial quest and can now walk around freely in the accessible areas if you wish to. C:

As for those of you having issues with black screens and graphical bugs, etc., perhaps try clearing your cache. I was having those issues myself, last night, but a cache clear seemed to help. It was mostly an issue with Chrome for me, but Firefox works fine.

I have no clue how to play the mini-game (I've never played Pokemon, nor do play online games much either).

I would appreciate someone PMing me with the details of how to get thru this thing.

I can see that a great deal of work went into the event. Thank you to all who put time and effort into creating it! That being said, however, I really don't see it as being something I will enjoy. I played a bit because I wanted to give it a chance, but it really just isn't my kind of thing, so I probably won't continue. I do hope everyone else has fun, though, and, again, thank you to the creators for your hard work! I may not enjoy the game, but I do appreciate your effort!

Thank you for the kind words! (Just don't break too much pottery. And yoyos so close to a computer might be dangerous.)

As for saving, the game does auto-save, and quite frequently.

Unless you completed the event last night before the "Day Complete" thing was patched in, then it just ended without any real indication of the day ending. However, a "Day Complete" text box should pop up for you after PERL leaves, now.

As long as PERL has left and you have your tree in your house, you have completed the day's tutorial quest and can now walk around freely in the accessible areas if you wish to. C:

You're welcome. smile.gif And don't worry, I've had years of practice causing senseless destruction and mayhem with unconventional weapons. wink.gif

Skimming through the thread here, I started to pick up on that, it just might be nice to pin an FAQ thread about the game or something like that so that others know it auto-saves, among other things, plus it would mean you guys don't have to answer the same questions over and over in this thread.

Is it possible to finish the game on my phone only? I got to the tree yard, but no idea how to continue.

Edit: and will there be prize dragons this year? TJ didn't mention them...

Edited by lilysally

Is it possible to finish the game on my phone only? I got to the tree yard, but no idea how to continue.

Click on either of the trees, and then talk to PERL.

I think this must be me, since I did this last night. Because after I got my tree and PERL said good-bye, I just went to my house. And nothing happened haha. But I guess I am finished for today.

Not sure if I'll get all 12, but it's fun. smile.gif

Merry Christmas, everyone! laugh.gif

Edit: the game is only showing up as a blank screen for me, anyone know why?

Edited by beiningtian

I finished the first day and explored the town a bit. My favorite part so far is the sign in the flowers.

I like the game but I can not finish todays session. I play on an IPad2 and it keeps saying there is a problem after I chop the tree and then it reloads the page. Then I end up at the house again. Can there be a way to save during the day so not all progress is lost if the game crashes please? Thank you!

Wouldn't it be cool if after each day is completed, a new holiday dragon joined the Holly in the town square?

Edited by Niyaka

Merry Christmas, everyone! laugh.gif

Edit: the game is only showing up as a blank screen for me, anyone know why?

It was doing that for me, too. Did you try clicking the "Out of bounds? Click to reset your location" link? After I did that it went back to normal.

Game isn't bad, first and primary thought on it was Pokemon in how it starts off but I think thats about the only part thats like that. Rest of the game (for today's task) was kinda fun. Wish it was more.

I clicked the link in the first post here and now the site is working again. Wierd.

Edit: But the game is giving me nothing but black screen + music, even if I click "out of bounds"

Edit 2: I moved to Chrome and now it's working

Edited by VioletWhirlwind