TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Alright, I totally forgot about this, and forgot to put my eggs into hatcheries even though I incubated them. So I hatched them out and just grabbed five browns. Got four missclicks, two were repulsed, and two are vampires. SO I WILL BE BACK.

For those of you who were here for the "release" did it happen at midnight? Four days from release? Did it have an actual release with waves of them, or were there always blockers?

Thanks for deets, I want to be ready next time xd.png

Omg how lucky you! cant' even get the one I owe:/

I think there was no flood, from what I see... But I wasnt' there from the very beginning so I can't be sure.

This release reminds me of the days of old. You think 60 in one biome is hard, try 200-300+ people all clicking on just 3 egg slots. This is nothing compared to that!! lol

Break time for me. Must fix supper and feed the family. I'll be back later and see if I can catch one before bed. Good luck to those who are still trying, and congrats to all of those who have caught the elusive Bronze. biggrin.gif

Every new release this happens because people fear it will go rare either on purpose or by demand. Xenos went rare because of demand. They are so pretty and popular that people were snagging them up like crazy, and there was a big flood of them being bred by people (so finding CB ones became more difficult). A lot of people who were not here for the initial release still don't have all the xenos.

The reason people are having fits over this one, specifically, is because at least with xenos and other releases, those who catch the initial flood are able to get them easily. I, personally, am not having a problem. I have managed to get plenty of each, and I see them dropping pretty regularly. I am just explaining the hullabaloo. smile.gif

Understood. Thanks for the hullabaloo explanation.

In the meantime, being the lazy one, I'm picking up 4d3h left Xenos from the AP. Golden Lunar Heralds as well, there are so many of those that is not even funny.

Edited by SullenCat

Omg how lucky you! cant' even get the one I owe:/

I think there was no flood, from what I see... But I wasnt' there from the very beginning so I can't be sure.

I totally, 100%, almost gave up. I opened up all three of the super full biomes and just went through them and clicking whatever popped up. I got 2 or 3 through the lag on the hour drop and that's what finally locked me. I just had to buckle down and get with it!

Finally got my 6th one! That was so hard but I finally got the amount I needed xd.png Now to wait for the other colors and the chaos will continue.

But the Coppers were missing in action 24 hours after they were released. The brown guys keep showing up. The only reason they are not easy to catch is that there are around 60 people in Volcano and Alpine, around 50 in the Desert. Just competition, not rarity.

My fear is that the ratios are going to make the other colors rare even if the Dragon is common. I didn't catch the initial drop, so I don't know if there was a true flood, but having the eggs mixed when I did come across the release was disturbing. The coppers dropped really well their first day, and all colors were available.

I'm going to guess the lack of a solid flood was an attempt to off set the total eggs released at the start to help even things out as the other colors come on line. However, it makes sense that there will always be more gold lunars than the others, and hunters don't have the convenience of knowing that faster players will lock themselves and open the field for those who are disadvantaged by slow systems or physical issues.

Finally, I fear once breeding starts we're going to see a drop in the cave offerings, once again due to ratios, and the new release will be pushed into becoming a false rare in much the same way stripes were for several years even though they are a common breed.

5 hours waiting before my PC and catching none of the brown egs is way too much for me.

Congratulations for all catchers and good luck to all who are trying further.

I will go into my bed for now. In my timezone its nearly its way to late to sit for a PC. ^-^

Good night. smile.gif

This release reminds me of the days of old. You think 60 in one biome is hard, try 200-300+ people all clicking on just 3 egg slots. This is nothing compared to that!!  lol

This. Catching new releases was very frustrating, especially for newbies - like me at those times.

Now I don't have any problems except the fact that I'm egglocked xd.png

I'll try to catch my second pair when my other eggs have hatched. The third Bronze on my scroll will be gifted in a couple of hours wink.gif

Welp, I have 15/15 hatchlings and 5/5 eggs (one was a misclick though so I'm gonna dump it when ready) and it's at least 1 day until my next hatchling can grow up.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFWHATHAVEIDONE

Think I'll have to bow out on catching the bronze. Just not quick enough, to be honest. Good luck to anyone else still trying to catch one, though!

Think I'll have to bow out on catching the bronze. Just not quick enough, to be honest. Good luck to anyone else still trying to catch one, though!

I think they're falling more frequently than they were 12 hours ago.

If the biomes aren't moving, try sacrificing an egg slot. What I mean by that is, hold cmd/ctrl + click the third egg and immediately refresh; you'll know the eggs are about to move, and vastly improve your chances at clicking, since you know the eggs will change. It doesn't guarantee an egg, of course, but I managed to score a Bronze or two that way.

To be fair, I LOVE the eggs, but TJ should have made a release each week for each type. it would have been easier then oh look pretty new egg with four, yes four forms. yet only have a release for the first and make everyone scramble for them.

...ugh, my husband just had a giant fit and made me misclick a stupid anagallis, filling my last egg slot. I was going to gift a brown to someone who could not catch them, too. D: AAAND of course, my vampire killed it. rolleyes.gif

Edited by harlequinraven

I am loving this challenge so much, I can't even put it into words. It's been a fantastic distraction from an epically bad day. Thanks TJ and LadyLyzar! A+!

I am loving this challenge so much, I can't even put it into words. It's been a fantastic distraction from an epically bad day. Thanks TJ and LadyLyzar! A+!

I love your attitude about this whole fiasco wink.gif

Myself personally, I still only have 1, and will happily back off hunting once I get one more to have a single pair~

Why can't we just have a flood of each color as they come? sad.gif I was there for each one of this color and... no flood. NONE. Zero, zip, nada.

Mixed in right from the get-go. sad.gif THIS DOES NOT WOOOOOORK! DDD:

P.S. Next person that complains about the floods "making things too easy" next time I will stab you. <.< With a rusty butterknife in the throat and groin. -.- *brandishes knife*