TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Apparently Nebula's drop in the Alpine... Thought it was a damn silver and now I'm egglocked again dry.gif

I have a feeling that every time I go to check that page (you know, in the future when I'm not PAINFULLY AND ACUTELY aware of what moon color is dropping/breeding) I'm going to have to sigh and check the wiki because I won't remember what any of those words mean!

Is there a way to view what cycle the moons are on? I'm wondering if I'm just missing it somewhere..

in the cave click on help/using the site / time reference there is a Moon Phase section

Apparently Nebula's drop in the Alpine... Thought it was a damn silver and now I'm egglocked again dry.gif

Ouch. D: Just remember the word beautiful. So far only Silvers are beautiful. Golds are the only reflective eggs we have too, so remember that word as well.

Agreed. I'm pretty upset that after THREE HOURS of catch attempts - not just on the big hour drops, but also most of the five-minute ones - I have caught exactly ONE egg.

That's not fun, that's not a game. That's a waste of time and a major frustration.

This is how I feel right now. I was on last night for an hour or two and gave up and went to bed hoping it would lighten up today. No such luck... all I have to show are misclicks since the colours changed.

in the cave click on help/using the site / time reference there is a Moon Phase section

Yeppers. And also, the lil clock at the top of each cave page is a link to the time page, too. smile.gif (Although, I gather it's not shown on all layouts? I only use the Vanilla layout, so I don't know... unsure.gif)

Pretty sure alpine nebulas are much rarer than deserts. You can probably fetch something nice for it in a trade!

Because answered questions are popping up.

- And added a more obvious link.

- Edit: Formatting.

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Adults!! And a name, Lunar Heralds!

- Currently, both Aurax (Gold Moon), and Cirion (Blue Moon) are now in the  Waning Cresent phase.

- Everyone is now catching Bronze eggs in the Cave!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- There was no new flood of Lunar Heralds. As such, it is harder to catch eggs as the other more common eggs have already mixed in.

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- There is a possibility that the release started in the middle of the Waning Gibbous phase.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know:

• 1)
Gold eggs drop during the Waning Gibbous Phase.

2) Bronze eggs drop during the Waning Cresent Phase.

3) The Waning Gibbous Phase lasted for 3 days and 17 hours (~3 AM, 29 Aug 2015 - 8 PM, 01 Sept 2015)

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:
  • 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 5.

- The newest phase change seems to support Theory 1.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent change, the moons' phases are in synch, supporting Theory 1.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Edited by Shokomon

Yeppers. And also, the lil clock at the top of each cave page is a link to the time page, too. smile.gif (Although, I gather it's not shown on all layouts? I only use the Vanilla layout, so I don't know... unsure.gif)

Yep, the clock is only shown on the "Default" skin. (Which I wish I could use as it's very pretty, but with my connection/computer it tends to load slowly/oddly. So for me it's Dino Cave 24/7.)

So I'm thinking that rather than stress about catching the Browns (and the subsequent Blues and Silvers) I'll just wait until my Gold Lunars grow up and breed the other colors from them, since I don't generally care about them being CB. Besides I only have one free slot at the moment, anyway, which I think I'll fill with something low-time from the AP. c:

I just abandoned the bleeding moon I caught 5 hours ago, and darn if I didn't almost misclick on another one! Thank you who ever clicked it before me. biggrin.gif

I think I'm going to stay away from the Alpine biome for a while...

This is how I feel right now. I was on last night for an hour or two and gave up and went to bed hoping it would lighten up today. No such luck... all I have to show are misclicks since the colours changed.

I agree.

And I'm getting really pissed that the first 45 seconds of the hour drops are lag or go totally blank.

Edited by Grandfather_frank

Finally got a third brown new release egg.

Now let me see if I can catch a bronze at the hour release!

Oh, who am I kidding, I'll be stuck with a dragon cave freeze instead.

I'm just sitting here waiting for people's golds to start adulting so we can see if they'll give out browns with breeding. Goodness I hope so.

I'm just sitting here waiting for people's golds to start adulting so we can see if they'll give out browns with breeding. Goodness I hope so.

That's what I'm hoping for as well. I've got 6 growing up a little after 3 AM and I'll try breeding them then.

Read 'adulterating' the first time. So tired...

And I haven't had much luck with catching since I came home from work a little while ago.

Edited by Gryphonic

I only want one egg, cave. Why can't I just have one? *flails* I did however snag a CB Magma, which is cool...

I feel the same, expect I instead got gifted a CB copper.

I feel the same, expect I instead got gifted a CB copper.

And I locked myself with a second magma xd.png Nice! Coppers are pretty.

*shakes fist at new eggs* I'll be back...... >_>

managed to catch three (threeeee) of the eggs ;n; also snagged a cb thunder (ARGH) which I'm trying to auction off for some more of the new eggs. Also got a few other misclicks. Bit all of them- killed one, two got repulsed, and a success with the last. Then I accidentally grabbed a bloodscale, which can't be bitten. :T Whyyy.

I have ridiculously good luck with vampires though, so I can't really complain.

Eh, I remember the Blusangs. It was worse. Went on for about 10 days with like 100 people in the biomes.