TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

So I'm guessing we're all just gonna get golds until the moon changes phase! =D

Maybe in like a week or two? Or a month?

/noob

If it helps, the phases of Earth's moon last about a week each. Valkemare's may or may not be the same, and no one knew to be monitoring how long they've been 'waning gibbous'.

Edited by Gryphonic

So I'm assuming it's safe to get a second batch of eggs after these hatch? The colors don't look like they'll be changing anytime soon. My eggs have 27 hours left. Ahhhhhhhh come on eggies!!

Edit: Why does Eatw's animated signature thing show that I have zero growing things?

Edit 2: Nevermind, DC is down for maintenance.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Happy birthday sockpuppet! biggrin.gif

Also LadyLyzar your art and spriting is so amazing! <3 I got four of these little beauties now and I am well set with my two breeding pairs! <3 Two from Desert [they're the easiest to catch, less people there] one from Volcano [a bit trickier], and my last from Alpine at 3:00 am exactly JUST before the site went into maintenance. Uh huh~ uh huh~ Wow that was so good and amazing that my click even went through at ALL right before the maintenance blink out. xd.png *praising stars*

Anyways I'm glad that with them being mixed in quickly this time around without a solid drop, that there's not as much of a dead time like after the other drops before. :3 <3 Good planning TJ!

3am is maintenance time. Nothing unusual. tongue.gif

Oh! I actually didn't know that, I thought it was just random. Eatw probably tried to update my signature right when DC was down, so it just got blank information back.

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Hey everyone!

So I just woke up and saw the new release and caught a couple but can someone please tell me in "small words" what the moon thing is about?

I'm not a morning person!

Hey everyone!

So I just woke up and saw the new release and caught a couple but can someone please tell me in "small words" what the moon thing is about?

I'm not a morning person!

Basically, different colors of the dragon drop during different phases of DC's two moons. No one knows for sure how long the phases last though, as nobody payed attention to the time page.

It's so funny how everyone just doesn't any clue to how the moons work on DC. This is what we get for ignoring an update. Now, it's kicking our butts.

Alright. I'm off to bed. Leave a comment on the DC Lunar Phase Tracking Doc Aka DC Moon Watch in my sig, if anyone spots a change in the eggs or a new phase appearing.

Since no new phase tonight, maybe we will get one Sunday night/Monday morning (and if the phases change weekly, will get a new phase every Sunday maybe?)

I'm still hoping the phases change more often than that (for one of the moons at least.)

Happy birthday sockpuppet! biggrin.gif

Thanks!

It's so funny how everyone just doesn't any clue to how the moons work on DC. This is what we get for ignoring an update. Now, it's kicking our butts.

I'm sure it's not difficult. We'll figure it out given some time. ;3

Will there be a release-scale drop for every moon phase, do y'all think, or will the next phases be much harder to catch?

24 more hours and I'll be able to grab some extra gold eggs. >:3 Or a new color, depending on how all this works. If it changes on a weekly basis I might appreciate having extra pairs for my breeding projects.

I'm hoping there'll be a flood of some sort whenever the phases change.

Edited by Tehya Faye

The waning gibbous stayed on both moons... I'm sure there are no changes with the eggs yet. smile.gif

If it helps, the phases of Earth's moon last about a week each. Valkemare's may or may not be the same, and no one knew to be monitoring how long they've been 'waning gibbous'.

TJ's link only had two phases so maybe, -just maybe-, i was thinking it'd be gold and blue on one solstice, and silver and brown on another.

It might take a little hunting to get a second batch of gold eggs tomorrow, it seems like the flood has either slowed down a lot or completely stopped.

TJ's link only had two phases so maybe, -just maybe-, i was thinking it'd be gold and blue on one solstice, and silver and brown on another.

It has two moons, that doesn't mean there are two phases total. =o

Will there be a release-scale drop for every moon phase, do y'all think, or will the next phases be much harder to catch?

A bunch of us are hoping for one. smile.gif Otherwise, going by likely user demand for such gorgeous sprites, most of us may not see the other colours at all... sad.gif

I'm also wondering if, assuming that the 4 colours are Released over the period of a month or whatever, if the Release thread will stay up (or one be started for each colour, as with the 7-day, 7-dragon B-Day Release) until we have adults from the 4th colour, or if it'll just shut down once we have adults from the first batch and sorta leave us hanging... might seem a silly thing to wonder about, but the information sharing is important as we try to figure things out and the Site Discussion general after-Release version (which non-forum people are much less likely to notice/look for) really isn't the same as the official Release thread.

At this point only LadyLyzar can rule out a connection to the solstices as well, but solstice means the longest and shortest days of the year, midsummer and midwinter - nothing to do with the moon itself.

Lunar phases are divided into four - New to first quarter (waxing crescent), first quarter to full (waxing gibbous), full moon to 3rd quarter (waning gibbous), and 3rd quarter to new moon again (waning crescent). There are four colors of dragons TJ's showing us, so many of us are assuming there will be a different color for each phase. *Pokes spriter*

user posted image

Both of Valkemare's moons are listed as waning gibbous right now, and we're only getting the one color.

(Oh dear Lord that came out huge)

Edited by Gryphonic

A bunch of us are hoping for one. smile.gif Otherwise, going by likely user demand for such gorgeous sprites, most of us may not see the other colours at all... sad.gif

I'm also wondering if, assuming that the 4 colours are Released over the period of a month or whatever, if the Release thread will stay up (or one be started for each colour, as with the 7-day, 7-dragon B-Day Release) until we have adults from the 4th colour, or if it'll just shut down once we have adults from the first batch and sorta leave us hanging... might seem a silly thing to wonder about, but the information sharing is important as we try to figure things out and the Site Discussion general after-Release version (which non-forum people are much less likely to notice/look for) really isn't the same as the official Release thread.

My thought is that they might be considered separate breeds like Seasonals rather than counting as one breed like the Pyrals and Coppers. That would be ideal, anyways.

My thought is that they might be considered separate breeds like Seasonals rather than counting as one breed like the Pyrals and Coppers. That would be ideal, anyways.

AFAIK seasonals are counted as one breed. I'm not TJ, so I can't say for sure - but why did you count seasonals as separate? =o

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler