TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

My mother is doing the exact same thing. "If it makes you so frustrated don't do it!"

I think I'm agreeing with myself that if I can't catch anything at the hour, I'm going to stop putting myself through this. At least for awhile.

Yep. Just...

At the last drop, after opening up around 90 tabs, I got /one/. And I am happily locked now.

I have good internet. I locked myself in one drop. ezpzlyfe

Good luck. Too bad I can't share my Internet connection with everyone. tongue.gif

Lul I haven't even told my mother or parents about this because they'd get super mad at me smh.

On topic: WHOO.

-TWO Alpines

-ONE Desert

-ONE Volcano

I have an Aurax Lunar that hatches in two hours, and a CB Falconiform that's I'm dropping in the AP, and both of those things will be done tomorrow morning, whence I will get one more egg from Desert and Volcano and have my initial pairs!

Definitely going to collect more throughout the week, though! C:

But P.S.A. guys it's definitely easier, until you're an absolute pro, to catch starting from three hours after the initial flood.

I don't get the tabs thing though, I've always only had one tab and just kept refreshing. I focus on one egg from one biome and if I catch one and the drop is still ongoing then I move to a different biome, and so on. My computer gets dragged down by too many tabs lol.

@gregregreg GIMME.

Edited by moonstone981

Gosh, 5AM, 3h and I finally! got 1/2 of the eggs I must have... whatever biome, but must have.

And I hoped to get 3 and have a spare if got a refusal (got a refusal for bronzes... had to get 3rd), will be a miracle if I catch the min 2.

Edited by VixenDra

Gosh, 5AM, 3h and I finally! got 1/2 of the eggs I must have... whatever biome, but must have.

And I hoped to get 3 and have a spare if got a refusal (got a refusal for bronzes... had to get 3rd), will be a miracle if I catch the min 2.

You must gooo tooo sleep now c:

Silvers are dropping!? blink.gif I can tell that this is going to be a challenge - I'm still on mobile rolleyes.gif Hopefully I can catch some ^^;

You must gooo tooo sleep now c:

Need 1 more ... that lucky catch must have a mate^^;

but if it's 6am I'm definitely going to bed no matter what

got two and now i have to wait for my other ones to finish hatching... curse my timing on those

I have good internet. I locked myself in one drop. ezpzlyfe

Good luck. Too bad I can't share my Internet connection with everyone. tongue.gif

What qualifies as good internet?

This? *lol* user posted image

This 'internet' and I locked myself in two minutes in the hourly. *Snickers*

Can't be that bad for people with faster internet.

Lul I haven't even told my mother or parents about this because they'd get super mad at me smh.

<snipsnip>

@gregregreg GIMME.

@moonstone981 If you don't have yourself your full set in like 12 hours, sure thing!

I don't even think my mother's aware of this thing, she's kinda oblivious and sorta clueless when it comes to things regarding the Internet. lol

I just keep the same biome open, standard click (ctrl/middle clicks make the tab load slower for me). Regardless of the outcome, I alt-left to go back, and then f5 again. Rinse and repeat.

This is kinda fun, but I wonder if the eggs could drop more then 30 seconds on the 5/10 minute drops? the hourly is the only chance I'm even seeing them

for catching lunars ive found that for me staying on the same page clicking and if i dont get it hitting backspace to go back and then refreshing without moving my cursor works best

i manged to get a second one, so maybe it's getting a tiny bit easier, as people get egglocked, and others go to sleep. it's early afternoon in my part of the world, so i guess i'll be trying to get more eggs for the rest of the day, as soon as my ap moonstone hatches.

good luck everyone who is still trying to catch eggs. it is so frustrating for those of us with slow internet. i hope the flood lasts at least 24 hours.

I don't get the tabs thing though, I've always only had one tab and just kept refreshing.

I think a lot of us hunt in one tab, but I hold down the cmd/ctrl key while I refresh. Then if I click on an egg it opens it in a new tab, while leaving me still refreshing on the original tab. That way I don't have to hit the back button to return to the cave and keep hunting. It's a great time saver and I don't miss seeing eggs while the one I clicked loads.

After I've clicked on a bunch, or the drop ends, I go back and check all the open tabs to see if I've caught anything.

for catching lunars ive found that for me staying on the same page clicking and if i dont get it hitting backspace to go back and then refreshing without moving my cursor works best

that's exactly what i do, though sometimes i change to a different biome when i get really bored smile.gif

good luck everyone who is still trying to catch eggs. it is so frustrating for those of us with slow internet. i hope the flood lasts at least 24 hours.

basd on how the others dropped... there is no chance for a good 24h release...

What qualifies as good internet?

This? *lol* <snippity>

This 'internet' and I locked myself in two minutes in the hourly. *Snickers*

Can't be that bad for people with faster internet.

Hell, anyone with a somewhat reliable connection and good/okay ping times ought to be really good with catching dragons on drops like these.

user posted image

user posted image

This is average Internet, for America. It used to be SO MUCH WORSE. I had, at one point, a 26k ping.

Shocked that I actually caught 3 during that drop blink.gif Didn't think I'd actually catch any ^^; Now to get a few more ^^;

Hell, anyone with a somewhat reliable connection and good/okay ping times ought to be really good with catching dragons on drops like these.

user posted image

user posted image

This is average Internet, for America. It used to be SO MUCH WORSE. I had, at one point, a 26k ping.

Which counts for hunting eggs? Download or Upload?

Which counts for hunting eggs? Download or Upload?

Ping. It's the thing that measures your speed/connection time, from your network to the server you're accessing (I think). I can't really give an in-depth answer, but that's from what I know.

Download and upload speeds are for downloading and uploading things to/from servers.