TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Well after 4 hours I finally have my two from each biome, so I can happily retire for the next few days. smile.gif Good luck to everyone still hunting!

Just a couple more hours before I can drop this Red I misclicked before the flood. By then the competition should be reasonable enough for me to get my 7th without an issue. :3

Edited by Tehya Faye

If they really drop for ten days now (my calculations), then people should get a few pairs, usually. I just hope they don't get user-demand-uncommon so soon >.<

Finally got my couple! 4h, almost 6am! laugh.gif

I'll just try for the 3rd to have a spare, if I fail there is not so much worry anymore^^ I can go to bed yay!

Sorry, but I got so caught up in the catching of these lovely eggs that I forgot to say thank you for them. Well so, my thanks go out to TJ, LadyLazar, and all the mods who have given us this great set of eggs. Dragon Cave is the best! biggrin.gif

Bumping for the last time tonight because fast threads are fast.

- PHASE CHANGE!!! Aurax is still WAXING GIBBOUS! Cirion is now WAXING GIBBOUS!

- COLOR CHANGE!!! Eggs are now silver. We now have ALL THE LUNAR COLORS!!!!

- CONFIRMED FLOOD!! GO GO GO!!!

- Millie-Azure has made a New Valkemare Lunar Calender, based on current data, that predicts the Lunar Egg Herald results all the way to 2020!

- Check the DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories Thread for speculation when Silver Lunars are going to come (as well as explanations why we think that way)! We speculate that the Silver Lunars will come on Monday, September 21, 2015 @ 8:00 Pm EST/DragonCave time. WE ARE RIGHT! WOOH!

- State your breeding plans and funny names for the Lunar Heralds in the Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming Thread!

- Please vote for your favorite Lunar Herald color on the  What's Your Favourite Lunar Herald?, Vote away! smile.gif Thread!

- Please tell me if I missed anything!

- Doc Updated!

A CURRENT SUMMARY OF WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THE MOON AND EGGS:

(For everybody who was late to the party and/or wants updates)

-------

- We have Beautiful pseudo-six-winged Lunar Heralds, the former prize breed, moon-loving dragons!

- PHASE CHANGE!!! Currently, Aurax (Gold Moon) and Cirion (Blue Moon) are NOW in the WaXing Gibbous and WaXing Gibbous phases respectively.

- COLOR CHANGE!!! Everyone is now catching Silver eggs in the Cave!

- We have Adult dragons, and we are now breeding Silver Lunar eggs!!

- The eggs are found in the Alpine, Desert, and Volcano Biomes. (Think places where the sky is easily seen.)

- All of the colors (Gold, BronzeBlue/Indigo, and Silver eggs) have dropped in the Cave! Bronze, Blue/Indigo, and Silver eggs have been bred.

- Info on the current moon phase can be accessed from the Time page, which you can get to by clicking the clock in the top right hand corner of the new Standard DC skin, by going to the Help page and clicking Time Reference link, by going to the first page in this thread and clicking the link in the banner, OR by clicking the 3 above links embedded in this post.

- As of Sept 21, 2015, 9:00PM, the Silver Lunars began flooding!! Hurry and grab your Silvers!!

- No one had been tracking the moons until now, so we have no idea how quickly they change. So, we cannot accurately predict what eggs will come when.

- That means no one knows how to get the other egg colors until the other moon phases come and the lunar cycle completes itself.

- IMPORTANT: All data before 09/03/13, 1:56 PM was incorrect as the time page was showing Aurax's phase for BOTH moons. TJ has provided a corrected cycle in his post.

- This does NOT affect the information gathered on the eggs, just the moon phases the eggs were caught/bred under.

- The cycle has progressed, and so far we know: (Cycle Post taken and modified from TJ's post)

--- Based on current data, it seems that Cirion's phases change faster than Aurax's.

----- Aurax takes 8 days to move from WaNing Crescent to New Moon and 7 days to move from WaXing Crescent to Waxing Gibbous.

----- Cirion takes 4 days to move from WaXing Gibbous to Full Moon, 3 days to move from WaNing Gibbous to WaNing Crescent, 4 days to move from WaNing Crescent to New Moon, and 3 days to move from WaXing Crescent to WaXing Gibbous.

----- Aurax's New Moon is 24 hours long.

----- Cirion's Full Moon and New Moon phases are confirmed to be 24 hours long.

----- Cirion and Aurax both skip the First Quarter and Last Quarter Phases.

----- !!! Cirion's cycle is completely confirmed!

Aug 29, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DragonCave (DC) to Sep 01, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC.

Aurax: Waning Gibbous

Cirion: Waning Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 01, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent*

Cirion: New*

CB Lunar eggs change from Gold to Bronze.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 3 days and 17 hours.

* = TJ's post doesn't mention a phase change at the same time the new color drops, but we know the color change happened here. So, we assume the phase changed happened here too.

Sep 02, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent

Cirion: New

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 03, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 05, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning Crescent**

Cirion: Waxing Crescent**

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

** Exact time of change Unknown.

Sep 05, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

Cirion: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Blue/Indigo.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 05, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 09, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waning crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo, and Bred Lunar eggs are Blue/Indigo.

Sep 09, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC to Sep 10, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: New

Cirion: Full

Sep 10, 2015 starting 8:00 PM EST/DC to Sept 13, 2015 @ 7:59 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waxing Crescent

Cirion: Waning Gibbous

Sep 13, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Blue/Indigo to Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Blue/Indigo to Bronze.

- The Blue/Indigo egg drop lasted about 8 days.

Sep 14, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to Sep 17, 2015 @ 7:59 EST/DC

CB Lunar eggs are Bronze, and Bred Lunar eggs are Bronze.

Sep 17, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

Aurax: Waxing Gibbous

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Gold, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Bronze to Gold.

- The Bronze egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 18, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC to 7:59 PM EST/DC

CB Lunar eggs are Gold, and Bred Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 18, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC to Sep 21, 2015 @7:59 PM EST/DC

Cirion: Waxing Crescent

CB Lunar eggs are Gold, and Bred Lunar eggs are Gold.

Sep 21, 2015 starting @ 8:00 PM EST/DC

CB Lunar eggs have changed from Gold to Silver, and Bred Lunar eggs have changed from Gold to Silver.

- The Gold egg drop lasted about 4 days.

Sep 22, 2015 @ 12:00 AM EST/DC

CB Lunar eggs are Silver, and Bred Lunar eggs are Silver.

[Edited by Shokomon]

- Note: The Moon Phases TJ posted were Phases of the moon at 12:00 AM EST of their respective date. That is why the post doesn't match up with the color change.

- We can assume that on Sept 1, 2015, the phases changed at 8:00 PM EST/DC, where Aurax shifted Waning Gibbous to Waning Cresent, and Cirion from Waning Cresent to New Moon.

- There are many theories on how the eggs will come and when, including, but not limited to:

• 1) Certain eggs being available during different phases of the moons in general, under the assumption that the moons are in synch, and will share the same moon phases.

2) Certain eggs being avaliable relative to the different phases of each moon (assuming the moons are NOT in synch) and overlap between both moons' phases.

3) One moon's phases controlling cave-born colors and the other moon's phases controlling bred colors.

4) Certain Lunar eggs colors are linked to Aurax, and the other colors are linked to Cirion.

5) Gold is the CB color, and the others could be Bred colors.

6) The Lunar egg colors are based on what percentage of the moons are illuminated. If one moon is greater than 50% illuminated (gibbous to full), while the other moon is less than 50% illuminated (crescent to new), then Lunar eggs are the color of the dominant moon. If both moons are equal in illumination, other colors show up.

7) The Lunar Herald egg colors will come in a linear fashion (aka all the colors in a row.) For example, Gold --> Bronze --> Blue --> Silver --> Gold --> Repeat.

8) The Lunar Herald eggs colors will NOT come in a linear fashion, and there are possible periods where a color or two do not show up for extended periods of time, despite the other colors showing up. For example, Gold --> Bronze --> Blue --> Bronze --> Gold --> Silver --> Bronze --> Continue.

- Exactly which moon phase produces what eggs, which moon controls breeding and caveborn colors, and which colors are associated with which moon are up for debate.

- The Lunar Heralds' description has given some support to Theories 1, 2, and 6.

- The newest phase change, recent egg colors, and TJ's correctional post seems to support Theory 2, 6, and 8.

- There are also theories about the DC lunar cycle itself, including, but not limited to:

• 1) The Moons are in synch and share phases.

2) The Moons are NOT in synch, and occasionally have overlapping phases.

3) The DC Lunar cycle is equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phase will change in at  most a week.

4) The DC Lunar cycles are NOT equivalent to Earth's Lunar cycle, and the current phases may last longer or shorter than a week.

- And there more theories on the size of the moons, their relative speeds, their distance from Valkemare, and the list goes on.

- As of the most recent phase change and TJ's correctional post, the Valkemare's moon phases are not in synch͵ supporting Theory 2.

- As of the most recent phase change and TJ's correctional post, the Valkemare's moon phases are not in alignment with Earth's, supporting Theory 4.

- LadyLyzar will tells us more about the dragons, once we start getting adults.

- TJ stated that the orbits of Valkemare's moons are close to circular, and the centre of mass would be close to the planet as it is much larger in size.

--- (Sorry for the confusion here! I completely misinterpreted what TJ posted. Thank you pinkgothic for making a much more accurate summary statement.)

- LadyLyzar seems to hint that the Lunar Heralds may have been initially intended to be prize dragons, and later states that they were made at the same time as the Shimmers.

- LadyLyzar confirms that the 2nd and 3rd set of wings are in fact illusions. Only the top ones are real and that it is not motion illusion.

- LadyLyzar has given us information on the Adults!

- LadyLyzar is giving us a pretty Gold Lunar Herald avatar to match her own avatar. She'll give us the Bronze avatar once we start getting adults.

--- She has given us the Bronze Herald Avatar! And now the Indigo Lunar Herald Avatar!

- LadyLyzar states that Lunar Heralds do indeed have metallic scales, but she didn't intend for them to be classified as "metallic dragons" like Golds and Silvers. As they were originally intended to be prizes, she wanted to make them shiny and pretty.

- LadyLyzar does not call the "blue" Lunar eggs "Indigos;" She just states that the "blues" are indigo in color as indigo is her favorite color, which makes sense as the "blue" lunar was meant to be her Alt. She later has reaffirmed this, stating that there is no official name for the "blue" Lunars and that they really are just indigo in color as they were to be her alt were these dragons to be chosen as prize dragons.

-LadyLyzar states that the element for the Lunar Heralds had not been planned out, and that she would put them as "Light" element.

- LadyLyzar states that the Lunar Heralds were retooled after the Shimmers were chosen for prizes, and while the moon phases work a little different than she expected, it's not complicated, and we will figure it out eventually. She won't tell us anything about the mechanic though.

- The description for the Lunar Heralds has been updated from this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced.

- To this:

Lunar Heralds are deeply attuned to the two moons of Valkemare, Aurax and Cirion. Strictly nocturnal, they draw energy from moonlight and will only hunt when the moons have waned. When breeding, the amount of moonlight the parents receive from each moon will determine the color of the egg produced. When a Lunar Herald is struck by direct moonlight, an illusion of multiple wings may appear. Witnessing a Lunar Herald’s illusory wings is commonly believed to be a sign of good fortune.

Threads!

- Lunar Herald Breeding and Naming

- DC Moon Watch and Lunar Herald Theories

-  What's Your Favourite Lunar Herald?, Vote away! smile.gif

Documents!

- DC Moon Watch & Lunar Egg Tracking

- Valkemare Lunar Calender

And, I think that's it for the summary.

Now, I need to get me some Silver Lunars...

OMG I can't believe, I got the spare egg!

got my 2nd and 3rd having the cat on my knees, that's a one lucky cat! biggrin.gif\

Good night, good luck to those who hunt

Edited by VixenDra

I made a new blinky for my signature! biggrin.gif (P.S. it's the lunar herald hoarder one)

Edited by Lady Artemis

I managed to get my remaining 5 from this hourly flood. Now wondering whether to influence them or let nature take its course. xd.png

I GOT THREE! biggrin.gif I GOT THREE I GOT THREE! *dances and kisses her little eggies* FINALLY! wub.gif

Turns out the 12:05 drop was the luckiest for me. <.< >.>;; I avoided the hour drop because I didn't want to compete with the lag. :/

Now I have four of them! <3 One from desert and the other three from [surprisingly!] volcano! <3

I'll try for another two more batch later but for now I'm happy! wub.gif

Good luck to you all in your hunts and thank you TJ and the artist for these AMAZING dragons! <3 The eggs make me wish I can save that sprite on my scroll somehow. wub.gif

Managed to get a pair of Alpine eggs and one Desert. I just need one more from Desert and a pair from Volcano biggrin.gif

Alrighty I am locked and off to bed. Thank you TJ and Spriters for another great release and for the flood!! biggrin.gif

<snip>

Now wondering whether to influence them or let nature take its course. xd.png

Sameee. I'm planning to have one pair/more (since eight days= mucho chances for eggies) from each of the biomes, but not sure if I should influence, because I don't have enough female B.S.A.s to influence....

I'll just get extras of each and hope for the besttt.

Much thanks to TJ09 and LadyLyzar, as well as all the users who cooperated in the thread and the users who are making this such a stressful but exciting release <3.

'Night!

Why are people trying to trade these for second gen prizes? Come on guys, these dragons are going to be common xd.png