TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

And one more thing - don't like a dragon? Don't try to catch it! No one is forcing you, you can play this game however you want as long as you don't break the basic site and forum rules, just leave us alone. There is no need to toss mud and throw rocks at something thousands of other players are excited about. wink.gif

THIS.

There's a Chinese saying: Some people say grapes are sour just because they can't get them.

Which basically means getting mad and putting something down just because you didn't get what you want. There's no point in getting upset over the new release and bashing the dragon just because the release time isn't convenient for you.

I just realized the description calls them metallic. Wasn't the last time we got a metal was when the coppers were released?

Mixing already. Just misclicked Hooktalon egg, now have to wait another 5 hours. *sobs*

New release is really beautiful, thank you, TJ and LadyLyzar!

I just realized the description calls them metallic. Wasn't the last time we got a metal was when the coppers were released?

I have a feeling I am going to misclick these like crazy thinking I found a CB gold. tongue.gif

Why don't we start the name game? Just sorted my dragons and the new egg sorts between my Luminas and my Magis. So, its either an L name or an M name....Luster dragon?

Okay, I wasn't looking last night, and just woke up to this! Very pretty eggs! Thank you, TJ! <3

I just wish they didn't have the word "metallic" in the egg description. I feel like I'm going to end up with so many due to reflex-clicking. xd.png

Why don't we start the name game? Just sorted my dragons and the new egg sorts between my Luminas and my Magis. So, its either an L name or an M name....Luster dragon?

Lunar dragons! biggrin.gif

Edited by Niyaka

It inconveniences the entire western hemisphere for reasons obviously explained above. I'm also not aware of where I said a midnight release was best, only that ANYTHING is better than releasing this at 3am.

A 3am release for the American East Coast time zone is 8am for the UK, 9am for most of Europe and for South Africa as well. It was 17:00 in Canberra, 15:00 in Hong Kong, 12:30 in Delhi, and 10:00 in Moscow.

That was just a random selection of places non-American players might have been living. As you can see, a good portion of the world was in a good timezone for this release.

Lunar dragons is my guess, or some variation of Luna/Lunar

Oooh if these are like seasonals, I'll bet the bred eggs will match the moon phase at the time of breeding.

My gosh these eggs are gorgeous. wub.gif So far I have four of these guys and I'm hoping to grab a few more. Thanks TJ and spriters for this awesome release. biggrin.gif

Maybe just "Lunas."

Lunar dragons is my guess, or some variation of Luna/Lunar

Oooh if these are like seasonals, I'll bet the bred eggs will match the moon phase at the time of breeding.

If that was true, we could create these gradient PB lineages that would be just beautiful. It would take a whole month though, or as long as the whole cycle takes.

OK, I have no habit to do this, but here:

1. Fist of all, you know nothing about the dragon's concept OR its rarity, just like none of us. The only ones that know that so far are LadyLyzar, the artist, and TJ, the owner/founder/administrator of the site and forum.

2. Saying that something is nice and beautiful doesn't necessarily mean sucking up to someone, and if you don't like something or have nothing nice to say, choosing to stay silent speaks better of you as a person than spitting on something just because it doesn't suit your pretty little demands. The praise and compliments that come from us aren't false as we are truly excited about novelties brought to this game.

3. The fact that you are mentioning an entire country/continent/whatever doesn't mean that the entire country/continent/whatever agrees with you. So far no one has made serious complaints or tried to create a drama over a release until YOU showed up. No matter what you actually use as arguments, it's still pretty obvious that you are only pointing out what you personally mind. If I could stay up at some parts of night for many previous releases that were ideal for users from the western hemisphere to collect dragons and not complain about it, so can you. Too bad that all your little fussing around gained so much attention without it being relevant in any way.

4. And one more thing - don't like a dragon? Don't try to catch it! No one is forcing you, you can play this game however you want as long as you don't break the basic site and forum rules, just leave us alone. There is no need to toss mud and throw rocks at something thousands of other players are excited about. wink.gif

By TJ's post I know it's tied to the lunar phases. That's concrete fact. I also know from experience that dragons with alts are always horrifically rare and pure suffering to obtain.

These things haven't even grown up. I have no idea what they look like. Which is why I'm only complaining about their concept, not their design or the spire effort. And no, speaking your mind means you're honest instead of being dishonest. And again, negative opinions have as much right to be expressed as positive ones. Finally, when I say 'false'. I mean from me. Praising these would be a false action on my part.

The disagreements are because I'm 'mean'. The fact that 3am inconveniences the entire place is raw fact. You know the vast majority of here here are asleep then. And if there's drama, it is, as always, a product of people taking offense to an expression opinion and arguing with me. I did not reply to anyone and tell them they were wrong, or that I was going to fight them over things. That was the people replying to me.

I collect sprites. I have to catch everything. That is why I hate this thing's complexity, alts, and difficulty in catching.

A 3am release for the American East Coast time zone is 8am for the UK, 9am for most of Europe and for South Africa as well. It was 17:00 in Canberra, 15:00 in Hong Kong, 12:30 in Delhi, and 10:00 in Moscow.

That was just a random selection of places non-American players might have been living. As you can see, a good portion of the world was in a good timezone for this release.

Give me a list of the people in Central Asia and South Africa who use this site, and let's compare it to a list of the people who are from the American continents who do. Western Europe? I mentioned before that a time that's more convenient for both them and the Americas should be possible. That would include the vast, vast majority of users here.

Er, we already did, ages ago, if you'd care to check the posts above.

The best bet so far is Lunar something.

Thanks for that beautiful release! smile.gif

I'm super curious about the release mechanism of the other colours.

On a side note: arrgh, i had 4 open spaces and catched 3 new eggies and one...misclicked Falconiform...I hope they still drop nice and steady, when those censorkip.gif* 5 hours are gone!

I have a hunch that the golden adults will look gorgeous with Luminas.

Er, we already did, ages ago, if you'd care to check the posts above.

The best bet so far is Lunar something.

I wasn't gonna read through 23 pages to see so.....oops xd.png But yeah I would of course not think of the most obvious name would I xd.png

Edited by dragontamer44722

I am not going to praise something I'm unhappy about and don't like just to suck up to someone I don't know. That isn't happening. If I'm dissatisfied with this dragon's concept, it's rarity, the amount of alts, and its release time, I am going to express all of that. I will not express false praise.

Wonderfully enough, that wasn't the point. They said I was concerned only with myself? I only had to prove that false. Beyond that you even ignore my suggestion that there should be a better time that would be decent for Europe without spitting on American users like this 3am release time does. So no, you did not escape my thoughts.

For pity's sake, I AM in Cave time at the moment and had no trouble at all - and the last release was not at this time - TJ is varying them - and if you are after FAIRNESS that is the only way to be remotely fair.

We have players all over the world (my mate in Australia is really suffering -but from her disability. Imagine if you had that to cope with....)

Enjoy the game as it is or don't play. Simples. Anyway - we have heard you. You want releases in YOUR time. So do we all. Can we agree that we would all like a nice tidy release just after breakfast, and that that is NOT going to happen - and let it go now ?

Edited by fuzzbucket

I collect sprites. I have to catch everything. That is why I hate this thing's complexity, alts, and difficulty in catching.

So basically you hate almost all metals, Xenowyrms and the prizes too??

Edited by GoldeenTrix

Awesome concept! I've already got two, but looking to see if other colors appear later today.

Call me America-centric, but an American website should cater to the American users first and foremost. I'd even wager that the vast majority of users are Americans, all of which are being horrible inconvenienced by these stupid release times.

I bet there's even a far better time that would be a compromise for all of us instead of spitting on all of the American users.

I'd suggest to create a thread on the Suggestion forum with a poll (so people would be able to vote anonymously/without the need of posting) and see how many users agree with you.

Can we agree that we would all like a nice tidy release just after breakfast, and that that is NOT going to happen - and let it go now ?

YES! xd.png I had one of those with the Trihorn release because I happened to be in Laos - it was glorious! biggrin.gif

Hey everybody arguing about when these should drop? You all missed TJ's blue egg has hatched. And it is a lovely blue too.

Hey everybody arguing about when these should drop? You all missed TJ's blue egg has hatched. And it is a lovely blue too.

I've already got pairing ideas biggrin.gif

Golden Wyverns with the gold, Luminas with the silver, Coppers with the brown and Royal Blues with the blue. But of course, it's all subject to change, gotta wait for these babies to grow up. biggrin.gif