TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

Can you please stop releasing dragons at such ungodly hours? 2 or 3am isn't reasonable at all for the east coast, and it's not all that much better for the west. It's a horrible hour for everyone.

It's a fairly great time if you happen to live in Europe, though. /brick'd

I think Midnight releases are fair. Yes its not exactly the best time for us in the US but other countries play this too. TJ has to account for all players, not just ones where the site is based, and the fact that she does shows she cares.

edit: and I do still see the new release eggs mixed in so they are there for grabbing, gl to people who are still searching!

Edited by dragontamer44722

It's a fairly great time if you happen to live in Europe, though. /brick'd

Call me America-centric, but an American website should cater to the American users first and foremost. I'd even wager that the vast majority of users are Americans, all of which are being horrible inconvenienced by these stupid release times.

I bet there's even a far better time that would be a compromise for all of us instead of spitting on all of the American users.

Ok I caught six moon gold eggs (and misclicked a gold WYVERN xd.png) so I'm set for the next 5 hours until I can get rid of this thing. tongue.gif

Got 2 from each biome aw yiss

Spam-clicking through the top of the hour, half watching to make sure I click on the new eggs and not any of the others that are starting to mix in. And... accidentally clicked on a copper in the Alpine. And got the overburdened message. Oops.

It would have been my first self-caught copper since their release. Except I'm full of new eggs.

Anyway, I hope whoever did catch it is also excited about it.

Could I make a tiny suggestion?

Could you make a little change to this new TIME PAGE? Maybe bold the fonts for lines like 'Time of Day', 'Season', etc.

Managed to nab 7 of these babies! biggrin.gif Can't wait for the other colors to appear. wink.gif

Can you please stop releasing dragons at such ungodly hours? 2 or 3am isn't reasonable at all for the east coast, and it's not all that much better for the west. It's a horrible hour for everyone.

Yes because people exist only in West coast and East coast, USA. *facepalm*

Greetings from Poland, btw.

Grabbed 5! These seem interesting, I'm really liking the fact that the last few releases have been very unique. First the 6-variety Xenos, then the Spirit Wards that glow brighter over time, and now dragons that follow moon phases.

Edit: In a more irrelevant complaint, I already hate this dragon. I don't like having to pay attention to lunar phases of all things and my unending search for alt-blacks is just being further interrupted by continuously hunting these annoying alts for weeks at a time because I can't simply catch them and be done with it.

It's pretty stupid to say such things, and hating on a dragon that someone put so much time and work into. I myself have started a dragon request quite some time ago with many people helping me with it, and saw how much time and effort it takes to make a concept, and later sprite an egg, hatchlings and adults, especially if they have more than just one variant. Plus, imagine if someone does it all by themselves, how demanding and tiring that is. So I think it's pretty rude to say such things about someone's ideas and hard work for any reason. These artists are what keeps the game interesting and even active to begin with, so I find these complaints pretty ungrateful. You do what you want, while the rest of us are happily going to play. smile.gif

Edited by *Silver Fox*

Ok.. just locked myself with 3 eggs from the volcano, 2 from the desert, 1 from the alpine and a misclicked black tea egg (why are commons already mixing?? sad.gif )

All of them are yellow, now to see if they are going to change their color like noctunes or if you need to catch them in different times to get the other colors.

Call me America-centric, but an American website should cater to the American users first and foremost. I'd even wager that the vast majority of users are Americans, all of which are being horrible inconvenienced by these stupid release times.

I bet there's even a far better time that would be a compromise for all of us instead of spitting on all of the American users.

This game does not revolve around you, nor should it, nor should it revolve around anyone in particular. You would be surprised how large the user-base is in other parts of the world.

And if you aren't enjoying this release and don't like the dragons, then awesome. More for the rest of us.

On another note, TJ has done releases all around the clock.

Edited by ParticleSoup

Who ever said it was technically an American site? The game after all is set in Valkemare, not USA tongue.gif

Other eggs already mixing with new ones? Isn't it too early? I hope they're not another rare dragon sad.gif

Please let's not get hung up with arguing about who is on what time zone and how life is unfair to everyone who isn't in the zone where they turn up at the exact time yu want. It's getting so TIRED and DULL. (Is in cave time here and half the time in EU time.)

LOVELY new eggs; thanks to everyone. Now I need to find out things about them ! I even managed to catch 7 and the mixing in has already started and I have, as usual, terrible lag. So.... Let us enjoy them, please ? PRETTY please with cookies ?

Oik, if the full moon is today -  when will the change be for the other phase?

My calendar shows September 5th as the next moon phase in real life.

(Thank you for birthday wishes, everyone! And fellow birthday wishes to Socky!)

Edited by Jazeki

This game does not revolve around you, nor should it, nor should it revolve around anyone in particular. You would be surprised how large the user-base is in other parts of the world.

And if you aren't enjoying this release and don't like the dragons, then awesome. More for the rest of us.

On another note, TJ has done releases all around the clock.

Oh, but I am not speaking only for myself, which you blindly ignored. I think I mentioned an entire country. Indeed, this effects an entire continent. Imagine that.

Oh, but I am not speaking only for myself, which you blindly ignored. I think I mentioned an entire country. Indeed, this effects an entire continent. Imagine that.

I do believe that Europe counts as an entire continent as well.

It's pretty stupid to say such things, and hating on a dragon that someone put so much time and work into. I myself have started a dragon request quite some time ago with many people helping me with it, and saw how much time and effort it takes to make a concept, and later sprite an egg, hatchlings and adults, especially if they have more than just one variant. Plus, imagine if someone does it all by themselves, how demanding and tiring that is. So I think it's pretty rude to say such things about someone's ideas and hard work for any reason. These artists are what keeps the game interesting and even active to begin with, so I find these complaints pretty ungrateful. You do what you want, while the rest of us are happily going to play. smile.gif

I am not going to praise something I'm unhappy about and don't like just to suck up to someone I don't know. That isn't happening. If I'm dissatisfied with this dragon's concept, it's rarity, the amount of alts, and its release time, I am going to express all of that. I will not express false praise.

I do believe that Europe counts as an entire continent as well.

Wonderfully enough, that wasn't the point. They said I was concerned only with myself? I only had to prove that false. Beyond that you even ignore my suggestion that there should be a better time that would be decent for Europe without spitting on American users like this 3am release time does. So no, you did not escape my thoughts.

Edited by BlindWolf

Despite my tongue-in-cheek comment, I am very not interested in debating US vs. RoW from the POV of "fairness". I will say that having a consistent time of day, almost regardless of when it is, is probably infinitely preferable for EVERYone. If you know something's always going to happen at a set time you can plan for it, even if it's a typically very inconvenient time for you personally (and I say this as someone who's got up at ~4:30am for Holiday releases/breeding periods).

Just woke up to this amazing surprise! Kinda wishing I didn't sleep in, but I've managed to grab a gold one. These eggs seem to be going really quickly!