TJ09

2015-08-29 - August Release

A new release?! Gah! Figures when my signal messes up at home. Hopefully I can still grab a few babies. Where are they dropping?

I am not going to praise something I'm unhappy about and don't like just to suck up to someone I don't know. That isn't happening. If I'm dissatisfied with this dragon's concept, it's rarity, the amount of alts, and its release time, I am going to express all of that. I will not express false praise.

No one is asking you to give false praise. You are simply being asked that you not be a jerk. There are plenty of ways to express something without being mean, hurtful, or rude about it.

Edited by ParticleSoup

I made a chart for the moon phases! I'd really appreciate if you guys would help me keep track of the phases, so we can figure out the Dragon Cave Lunar Schedule.

- There is also a space to keep track of what egg is available during that phase.

- Thanks for considering!

- Lunar Phases Tracking Sheet

Edit: Opps, typos! Also, added a place to put where (Biome) the eggs are avaliable.

Edited by Shokomon

I am not going to praise something I'm unhappy about and don't like just to suck up to someone I don't know. That isn't happening. If I'm dissatisfied with this dragon's concept, it's rarity, the amount of alts, and its release time, I am going to express all of that. I will not express false praise.

You could just say nothing.

As my mum always says, "If you cannae say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

I made a chart for the moon phases! I'd really appreciate if you guys would help me keep track of the phases, so we can figure out the Dragon Cave Lunar Schedule.

- There is also a space to keep track of what egg is available during that phase.

- Thanks for considering!

- Lunar Phases Traking Sheet

I'll add to this when I remember.

(PS, tracking has a c in it. Sorry to be a grammar nazi.)

Edited by Ansela Jonla

My calendar shows September 5th as the next moon phase in real life.

(Thank you for birthday wishes, everyone! And fellow birthday wishes to Socky!)

September 1st will be a Waning Gibbous first, and then Sept 6th is a Last Quarter.

p.s. Shokomon, loving the chart!

Edited by bluesonic1

A new release?! Gah! Figures when my signal messes up at home. Hopefully I can still grab a few babies. Where are they dropping?

Alpine, Desert, Volcano.

Oh, but I am not speaking only for myself, which you blindly ignored. I think I mentioned an entire country. Indeed, this effects an entire continent. Imagine that.

Most of the country you mentioned that plays actually gives a censorkip.gif for respecting others. So how about you just speak for yourself and let the rest of us Americans voice our own opinions.

Thanks.

Besides this is TJs game so he can make the rules if you don't like, no one is making you stay

Edited by KuroYukia

Alpine, Desert, Volcano.

Thank you. smile.gif

Oh, but I am not speaking only for myself, which you blindly ignored. I think I mentioned an entire country. Indeed, this effects an entire continent. Imagine that.

No it doesn't. Because IMAGINE that, but people DO have different schedules in their life. While I'm personally stationed in Germany my waking hours synch up far better with several of my chatmates in the US. When I'm not going to have to work the next day I go to bed AFTER most people in the US.

Also midnight releases are terribly unfair to the many children playing in the US (as Riverwillows for example got her child out of bed to catch the new release).

Don't pretend you're talking for a group.

It inconveniences YOU - fair enough. But no matter which time it will always inconvenience SOME.

On Topic - Yay pretty new dragons. I'm curious how the colour variants will work out biggrin.gif

Edited by herk

-removed-

That only blind praise is worthy of expression is a childish stance, which is fitting for a children's film. Critique (not that this is that) and dissatisfaction are both important things to express as well, all views and feelings on a subject should be expressed and heard. Indeed, all negative views and feelings have as much right to be expressed as positive ones.

No it doesn't. Because IMAGINE that, but people DO have different schedules in their life. While I'm personally stationed in Germany my waking hours synch up far better with several of my chatmates in the US. When I'm not going to have to work the next day I go to bed AFTER most people in the US.

Also midnight releases are terribly unfair to the many children playing in the US (as Riverwillows for example got her child out of bed to catch the new release).

Don't pretend you're talking for a group.

It inconveniences YOU - fair enough. But no matter which time it will always inconvenience SOME.

It inconveniences the entire western hemisphere for reasons obviously explained above. I'm also not aware of where I said a midnight release was best, only that ANYTHING is better than releasing this at 3am.

Edited by rubyshoes

-is waiting for a mod to inevitably show up with a post directed @ all of y'all arguing about geography-

Aaanyway, for those concerned about mixing and the possibility that these dragons are going to be rare, don't worry. Mixing does not really indicate rarity. The Spirit Wards starting mixing with commons relatively early in their release but they are by no means rare. I see them in the cave all the time. Do not fret~

I hope they can change color naturally because then it would be easy for us all...however, the fact that TJ has all the colors on his OP is enough to make me nervious, if he has those colors then you can bet that they might be in the wild...although if one could be breed...that would be nice too.

I hope they can change color naturally because then it would be easy for us all...however, the fact that TJ has all the colors on his OP is enough to make me nervious, if he has those colors then you can bet that they might be in the wild...although if one could be breed...that would be nice too.

You and me both!

I like the surprise release times, it adds thrill and excitement, I'm ok with it even if TJ decides to release at ungodly hours in the future. I'm lucky that 3am in cave is 3pm over here, so this time it's pretty good timing for me. Plus, if you miss the release by even 12 hours (Like I did last time) the floods are usually long enough for you to still egg lock yourself fairly easily with new releases. smile.gif

That aside, I am loving the hatchlings. So shiny, these guys paired with metals are going to be gorgeous. Are these guys metals too though? I would assume they are, as they have metallic in their description. biggrin.gif

OK, I have no habit to do this, but here:

1. Fist of all, you know nothing about the dragon's concept OR its rarity, just like none of us. The only ones that know that so far are LadyLyzar, the artist, and TJ, the owner/founder/administrator of the site and forum.

2. Saying that something is nice and beautiful doesn't necessarily mean sucking up to someone, and if you don't like something or have nothing nice to say, choosing to stay silent speaks better of you as a person than spitting on something just because it doesn't suit your pretty little demands. The praise and compliments that come from us aren't false as we are truly excited about novelties brought to this game.

3. The fact that you are mentioning an entire country/continent/whatever doesn't mean that the entire country/continent/whatever agrees with you. So far no one has made serious complaints or tried to create a drama over a release until YOU showed up. No matter what you actually use as arguments, it's still pretty obvious that you are only pointing out what you personally mind. If I could stay up at some parts of night for many previous releases that were ideal for users from the western hemisphere to collect dragons and not complain about it, so can you. Too bad that all your little fussing around gained so much attention without it being relevant in any way.

4. And one more thing - don't like a dragon? Don't try to catch it! No one is forcing you, you can play this game however you want as long as you don't break the basic site and forum rules, just leave us alone. There is no need to toss mud and throw rocks at something thousands of other players are excited about. wink.gif

I woke up early enough this morning and managed to snag four(?) before the day rush came in for them! <3 They are so beautiful and I am anxiously awaiting the adult sprites as well as the other colors!

I suspect that, because TJ has four colour variants, they don't physically change themselves, but have to be caught/bred as different versions. As for bred vs. CB, I guess we'll find out with time. And I bet that Time page has never seen so many refreshes as it's getting now! xd.png

TJ's may be alted temporarily to show off the different colors, or could just be special.

That being said, I managed to catch three in that last drop. smile.gif

Call me America-centric, but an American website should cater to the American users first and foremost. I'd even wager that the vast majority of users are Americans, all of which are being horrible inconvenienced by these stupid release times.

I bet there's even a far better time that would be a compromise for all of us instead of spitting on all of the American users.

Yeah, 1pm releases on Saturdays pretty much worked out for everyone except, like... people in Russia/China/people whose time is Cavetime+13/14/15/16

Which, after looking at a time zone map, is pretty much... yeah. Eastern Asia and Australia. Not to offend everyone who lives there, but 1pm cavetime is convenient for everyone except them, and they can stay up late just as easily as we can. The most inconvenient is 4am for the easternmost side of Australia.... unless we have some New Zealanders, in which case 6am, might as well get a good night's sleep and just wake up early. xd.png

1pm cavetime is 6pm-8pm for pretty much all of Europe and Africa, a few hours later for India and the like.

1pm is also only about 10am for California, and 8am for Hawaii. Not many people live west of Hawaii and east of Australia.

But yeah, for a while they were set at 1pm for that exact reason, because the number of people inconvenienced by it was very low compared to the 3am ones we've been getting. And since it's on a Saturday, and not many people need to get up super early on a Sunday, it worked out perfectly fine. You hardly ever got people complaining about the timing when releases were at 1pm Cavetime.

The vast majority of players are in the US and Europe. Releases should reflect that.

Holiday releases happen at midnight cavetime, which is pretty much inconvenient for EVERYONE, but it still works out because there's only 3 of those. 4 if you include the birthday release, but they're still spread out. This is two releases in a row with bad times.

Oooh a dragon that's going to be like the seasonals I'm guessing?

I love the extra challenge and the idea of having to keep an eye on the moon phases.

Sounds like an excellent dragon concept to me. Can't wait to see the adults smile.gif

I've noticed that the Forest also seems to be losing eggs and not showing any, perhaps this means something or a lot of rares are popping up there.

Cool I didn't know about the daylight checker until the DC group on Deviant Art mentioned it...I would love to see the blue moon one.