Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

image.png.2461b419e316c5f451a44b4c9cf9cfa0.png

Something is wrong with the hatchling dressup. "Mummy Head" has parentheses after the name, and "Mummy Wings" appear in the Body category.

What would be the best place to report this error? (Unless it's just this thread)

quick question on the event: which of them give badges? especially for zombie rising, is there a badge that comes with it where you need to be at a certain level or is there no badge? I know the hatchling dressing game gives a badge though I already have mine from 2017, and I was around for haunted harvest too if I remember correctly that doesn't have a badge?

(don't have the time to really play those so just want to grab the badge and go lol)

1 hour ago, Moriaty said:

quick question on the event: which of them give badges? especially for zombie rising, is there a badge that comes with it where you need to be at a certain level or is there no badge? I know the hatchling dressing game gives a badge though I already have mine from 2017, and I was around for haunted harvest too if I remember correctly that doesn't have a badge?

(don't have the time to really play those so just want to grab the badge and go lol)

I have a badge that says "Haunted Harvest"

image.png.46e9c9fb9364e65876bc6dacf6fcbf49.png

IDK what the specific requirements are for it, though.  Based on the wording I would imagine it's earnable any year the event makes a return?

Rise of the Zombies has one

image.png.9faf546524be9e76273891eb7d579361.png

But based on the wording I would suspect it's only obtainable if you participated during the event's initial release in 2019.

Question!!

Is there anything specific that I need to do, like unfog a hatchling before it dies to prevent issues or anything if I want them to time out?  Or can I just leave 'em fogged until they die?  I don't usually bother with this many zombie attempts so I haven't used the "fog to neglect them to death" method before XD

Edited by KageSora

Just now, KageSora said:

I have a badge that says "Haunted Harvest"

image.png.46e9c9fb9364e65876bc6dacf6fcbf49.png

IDK what the specific requirements are for it, though.  Based on the wording I would imagine it's earnable any year the event makes a return?

Oh I'm blind, I actually did have this: though it's named differently

image.png.d9c533a988e4d27879fa6b9dc4369f90.png

I think that confirms that this badge is re-obtainable

2 minutes ago, KageSora said:

Rise of the Zombies has one

image.png.9faf546524be9e76273891eb7d579361.png

But based on the wording I would suspect it's only obtainable if you participated during the event's initial release in 2019.

I have played the game for one round but don't seem to have a new badge; also if it's unclickable usually they're not reobtainable from what I've observed (for example, holiday cooking), so I guess no new badge for me. That's kind of sad, this one was the only badge I'm missing from the re-running events

1 minute ago, Moriaty said:

Oh I'm blind, I actually did have this: though it's named differently

image.png.d9c533a988e4d27879fa6b9dc4369f90.png

I think that confirms that this badge is re-obtainable

I have played the game for one round but don't seem to have a new badge; also if it's unclickable usually they're not reobtainable from what I've observed (for example, holiday cooking), so I guess no new badge for me. That's kind of sad, this one was the only badge I'm missing from the re-running events

I don't think I participated last year--so my guess is the text is different if you obtain it as a rerun badge or if you obtain it during the original run of the event, then.

It might be possible, then, that the other badge is obtainable still if you meet certain requirements, but I think you're right on it not being obtainable right now due to lack of clickability.  But, hey!  Since we see that some events do make a rerun appearance it's possible that next year or something the game will return and the badge be obtainable then, even if it isn't obtainable this year.

1 hour ago, KageSora said:

Is there anything specific that I need to do, like unfog a hatchling before it dies to prevent issues or anything if I want them to time out?

Do NOT unfog anything, that risks it growing up. Just let them sit in the fog and if you see them at 0 hours, that's fine as they will die on the next hourly.

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

Do NOT unfog anything, that risks it growing up. Just let them sit in the fog and if you see them at 0 hours, that's fine as they will die on the next hourly.

Thanks!  I figured that was the case but wanted to be sure.  :3

3 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

So I was equally worried about unfogging (edit: wanted to make something die faster to unlock myself instead of waiting for the hourly), but my curiosity won out and I tested it anyway. Hatchling had 0 days/hours for a while, and I didn't give a view, just checked my regular account page after unfogging. It insta-died despite having more than enough stats to grow. Are there any examples of an account page non-view making something grow instead of die if it's already out of time?

Edited by MissK.

Quick question... I've looked everywhere in my account settings (I think). How do we change the "rank" text under our profile box that shows up on the left side of our posts? (Mine says "Don't you waste it" for example). It used to be easy to change from our profile page but since the last major forum update I've yet to figure it out!

43 minutes ago, bloodonmyfangs said:

Quick question... I've looked everywhere in my account settings (I think). How do we change the "rank" text under our profile box that shows up on the left side of our posts? (Mine says "Don't you waste it" for example). It used to be easy to change from our profile page but since the last major forum update I've yet to figure it out!

Since the last forum update it appears that there is no way to get to that to change it. :(

17 hours ago, Moriaty said:

It is obtainable this year. I received mine: :) 

2A1BA38E-1060-4931-96B0-0998BB2A258B.jpeg.ddb36b6f0a0d1ab3c40e228eb25b9683.jpeg

47 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Since the last forum update it appears that there is no way to get to that to change it. :(

Oh that is a shame... :( Thanks for the confirmation though. I thought I was going crazy not being able to find the option for it!

9 minutes ago, Impulsive_Egg said:

How much time should be left on an egg before you can teleport it?

If it's from the cave, you have to wait 5 hours. If it's from the AP or bred, you can teleport right away.

2 minutes ago, Lagie said:

If it's from the cave, you have to wait 5 hours. If it's from the AP or bred, you can teleport right away.

thankies!

What's the very last minute we can breed and incubate to have eggs hatched by the hween drop? 11:59pm on... the 28th?

Edited by Tawanda001

15 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

What's the very last minute we can breed and incubate to have eggs hatched by the hween drop? 11:59pm on... the 28th or on the 29th?

If the eggs can hatch right at 4d, and you want them hatched by the time the hween drop *starts*, it would be the end of the 28th. Fresh eggs, using Incubate, take 2 full days to hatch.  You could go all the way until mid-day on the 29th and still be able to get the new breed though (... hopefully, if there isn't any major drop-issues like in some past years). 

Ah, thank you very much, that helps immensely, my brain was so fuddled.

23 minutes ago, Tawanda001 said:

Ah, thank you very much, that helps immensely, my brain was so fuddled.

Be careful, though, that you don't inadvertently scroll lock yourself with hatchies as I did one year. ;)

In Hatchling Dress-Up, is anyone else finding a lot of the hatchlings that visit aren't dressed up? I'm getting a lot of "plain" hatchlings. 

1 minute ago, missy_ said:

In Hatchling Dress-Up, is anyone else finding a lot of the hatchlings that visit aren't dressed up? I'm getting a lot of "plain" hatchlings. 

same here, though I'm assuming all the hatchies belong to other players and some might just not be dressing them up

Impulsive_Egg, yes, that must be the case.

Hmmm... I hope the new Halloween event "Murder Mystery Party" is going to start soon so we have a few days to enjoy it. Last year the garden event started on Oct. 27 and Rise of the Zombies started Oct. 26 in 2019.

4 minutes ago, missy_ said:

. I hope the new Halloween event "Murder Mystery Party" is going to start soon so we have a few days to enjoy it.

It starts on the 31st and runs for a full week ^^ 

1 hour ago, Shadowdrake said:

It starts on the 31st and runs for a full week ^^ 

Awesome! Thank you. ^_^

What happens if you freeze a sick hatchie? Can it die even if it is frozen? I did not want to fog it because it had gendered and was close to reach adulthood.