Obscure_Trash

Tiny Little Questions

13 hours ago, FortyTwo said:

The dragcave API offers (offered?) two data formats for developers - json and php serialize. It looks like the serialize format is being removed (deprecated), which I totally agree with because serialize can be unsafe. JSON is safer, widely used, and has a wider range of compatibility.

Luckily should be a straightforward fix for fan site owners to implement.

To add to this, an email went out back at the end of last year (I think literally on December 31) announcing that this was going to happen, and reminding developers to make sure error code 0 (Listed in the documentation as a "Notice") wasn't treated as a failure, which seems to be happening here. Nothing has been fully removed yet--there's just a warning returned with requests about future changes.

I see. It's just weird that the issue seems to be spreading to all the click cites I try. Egg drop soup wasn't working for me last night and just now I get this when trying to enter my eggs into Silvi's Lair.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.19abc9fb5454caa9c34489bd6fb67892.png

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.a658578b8882a8d7afea5a18ab5055a9.png

Right now, AOND is the only one that still recognizes my scroll and that it does indeed have growing dragons on it.

ETA: Realized It auto filled my username from a pokemon click site and went back to double check, and I'm still having the same issue.  

Is anyone else having this problem, or is it an issue that only a certain few are having?

(I made the screen shots spoilers to make the post smaller)

Edited by Syiren

30 minutes ago, Syiren said:

Right now, AOND is the only one that still recognizes my scroll and that it does indeed have growing dragons on it.

Draghatch is also still working for me.

2 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

Draghatch is also still working for me.

Thank you. ^_^

And the hatching club, and silvi's is fine for me. As far as I can see the only issues are with Valley Sherwood now. (Egg Drop Soup is always flaky.)

Edited by Fuzzbucket

Just tried Silvi's again and it worked for me. I was able to add in my hatchlings without any problems. Thanks for the head's up @Fuzzbucket

just had a gold egg grabbed before i could, and after looking at the egg page out of curiosity it seems like it hasn't been looked at by its owner at all.

(there's only one view in each category, from me. i don't wanna be too specific but it dropped at 07:00pm cave time and is still at 1 view, almost 20 minutes later)

is this normal? is there a reason to keep your eggs at 0 views? (except for neglected dragons)

Edited by milkbun

If you did not get the egg when you grabbed for it, then your view would not have registered. The views that it has are from its owner.

Many people prefer to keep their eggs off any click sites until they are around a day old, so it is not too surprising that it has gotten no other views.

i mean, i was the one looking at the egg, so it should have registered that. it does show you the code in the link when you miss an egg, and i was curious,so... 😅

i just thought it was weird, i sure would have looked at the egg on the view page if i had gotten something like that, before fogging it or whatever, so i thought it was strange it only had a view from me... oh well :rolleyes:

Edited by milkbun

18 minutes ago, milkbun said:

i mean, i was the one looking at the egg, so it should have registered that. it does show you the code in the link when you miss an egg, and i was curious,so... 😅

i just thought it was weird, i sure would have looked at the egg on the view page if i had gotten something like that, before fogging it or whatever, so i thought it was strange it only had a view from me... oh well :rolleyes:

When I grab an egg on my laptop or work computer, then click it to view, that first click doesn't register. When I do the same on my phone, the click does. Maybe that person was on a computer or laptop. (I like 0 click eggs, so I always have to resist the temptation to view when I'm on my phone.)

Edited by Lagie

3 minutes ago, Lagie said:

When I grab an egg on my laptop or work computer, then click it to view, that first click doesn't register. When I do the same on my phone, the click does. Maybe that person was on a computer or laptop. (I like 0 click eggs, so I always have to resist the temptation to view when I'm on my phone.)

thanks for clearing that up! didn't know it was actually possible to have 0 view eggs without immediately clicking away after getting it  0:

57 minutes ago, milkbun said:

i mean, i was the one looking at the egg, so it should have registered that.

Oh, right. Sorry. But Lagie is probably right. I also do not always look at an egg's view page right away after I pick it up -- especially if I am still hunting -- so that is possible, too. Although I probably would look if it were a Gold! XD I'd have to to make sure it wasn't a mistake.

Actually what is more curious is the new owner of a gold egg didn't immediately fog it to protect it from jealous view bombers.  I always fog any hard to get egg when it lands on my scroll for protection, including the now rather rare hydra eggs.

Hi, my friend wants to play the game, I've explained why it's not allowed to "add other people's eggs onto click sites even if it is to help" but he's now concerned if there are other rules involved in playing the game. He came up w this question when he looked at the "It is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission" part. Is there a separate page for rules? I can't find it currently.  

Edited by ylangylang

4 minutes ago, ylangylang said:

Hi, my friend wants to play the game, I've explained why it's not allowed to "add other people's eggs onto click sites even if it is to help" but he's now concerned if there are other rules involved in playing the game. He came up w this question when he looked at the "It is against the site rules to give aid to a user without their permission" part. Is there a separate page for rules? I can't find it currently.  

Terms and conditions are linked at the bottom of every page.

Edit: dragons longer lose names if the owner doesn't log in. Not sure why that hasn't been updated. But the rest is correct.

Edited by DragonLady86

2 minutes ago, DragonLady86 said:

Terms and conditions are linked at the bottom of every page.

Edit: dragons longer lose names if the owner doesn't log in. Not sure why that hasn't been updated. But the rest is correct.

Ah thanks! 

I’ve just got a small question - if you have an egg or hatchling die of sickness rather than killing it on your own, will it still take up a growing slot for 24 hours as a killed creature would?

Edited by StarKaabi
What is spelling.

4 minutes ago, ChewyBoba said:

If a hatchling is fogged , can it  still become an adult ?

No, it can gender but can't grow up.

2 hours ago, ChewyBoba said:

If a hatchling is fogged , can it  still become an adult ?

That is one way that people get dead hatchlings to make Zombies without using their kill slots. They just fog them and let them time out.

So, no, they can't grow up while fogged and will die when they run out of time.

2 hours ago, Tiira said:

No, it can gender but can't grow up.

18 minutes ago, purplehaze said:

That is one way that people get dead hatchlings to make Zombies without using their kill slots. They just fog them and let them time out.

So, no, they can't grow up while fogged and will die when they run out of time.

Thank you !

Vampire bites? Do older eggs have a better chance of turning or is it completely random?

17 hours ago, Tawanda001 said:

Vampire bites? Do older eggs have a better chance of turning or is it completely random?

As far as I can tell, it's random.

On mobile, when you pick up an egg from a biome, there used to be an arrow to click to return to that biome. Today the arrow is gone. @TJ09, is that deliberate?