TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

So, about yesterday where I said I had an alternate account. My sister and I talked it over (EvilYogurt is my big sister) and we decided to ask TJ to burn the alternate.

If you don't believe me, here's the proof... Could you forgive us for cheating? We both promise that we won't ever do anything like this again!

Nothing to forgive. You made a mistake and it is fixed. Deliberately cheating to gain unfair advantage is a different thing completely.

And to stay on subject, I can't decide which I like best. I think I've changed my mind at least 4 times. Really, I need 12 egg slots.

Edited by ainisarie

Caught a spare Thassala from the AP and traded it for a Chrono. Now I just need a second Gaia to round out my male-female pairs.

And I just managed to trade for the Thassala that I needed! wink.gif (Thank you!)

Now, I just need an Astrapi male to complete my sets of two. <3

@Birdz

Are the Xenowyrms solitary or communal? If the latter, how is the leadership of the group decided, if there's a leader at all? What's the name for a group of Xenowyrms?

In my mind a group of Thassalas is a pod, for some reason, but that probably wouldn't work for the other five.

Edited by Ansela Jonla

All I need is one more jungle and I'll have my pairs! Hoping one of my friends will trade me one for my 3g even-gen prize, but if not I'll just have to hunt it down. tongue.gif So excite!

NOOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED A JUNE RELEASE!! These are BY FAR my favorite looking dragons (or wyrms!) and I'm so mad that I missed the release! I need two of each of these at least... oh god I'm gonna be hunting for a while aren't I??? What's their rarity? I really hope they aren't rare, I'll never get any...

What's their rarity? I really hope they aren't rare, I'll never get any...

As for rarity, I suppose it's safe for me to say they are not intended to be rare (that would be terrible). So if anything is making them scarce, it's going to be potential demand.

NOOOOOO I CAN'T BELIEVE I MISSED A JUNE RELEASE!! These are BY FAR my favorite looking dragons (or wyrms!) and I'm so mad that I missed the release! I need two of each of these at least... oh god I'm gonna be hunting for a while aren't I??? What's their rarity? I really hope they aren't rare, I'll never get any...

Right now, they are rare. The eggs fly from the biomes as soon as they touch the page. Same for the AP.

When the dust finally settles down ... I would say uncommon. But that is just my opinion.

Right now, they are rare. The eggs fly from the biomes as soon as they touch the page. Same for the AP.

When the dust finally settles down ... I would say uncommon. But that is just my opinion.

I like the way birdzgoboom clarified "potential" vs "demand-linked" rarity. I guess what happened with the Coppers, that weren't supposed to be rare, was a "lesson learned" tongue.gif

Are the Xenowyrms solitary or communal? If the latter, how is the leadership of the group decided, if there's a leader at all? What's the name for a group of Xenowyrms?

They're definitely solitary. The Chronos in general like to be left alone, the Pyros and Astrapis are territorial (Pyros more so than Astrapis), and the Mageia honestly couldn't be bothered. The ones that would be more 'okay' with being in a group (group meaning two or four at the most) would be Thalassas and Gaia, but I would think that would be a pretty rare occurrence.

I never intended for them to be rares, so I would hope they don't end up that way. I would like everyone to be able to get at least a few, haha. The ratios are probably just being balanced out right now, so don't worry.

Edited by birdzgoboom

They're definitely solitary. The Chronos in general like to be left alone, the Pyros and Astrapis are territorial (Pyros more so than Astrapis), and the Mageias honestly couldn't be bothered. The ones that would be more 'okay' with being in a group (group meaning two or four at the most) would be Thalassas and Gaias, but I would think that would be a pretty rare occurrence.

I never intended for them to be rares, so I would hope they don't end up that way. I would like everyone to be able to get at least a few, haha. The ratios are probably just being balanced out right now, so don't worry.

So thalassas are kind of like whales with their pods?

you know these dragons look and are described like the stuff of legends (i mean by dragon standards because all dragons are the stuff of legends...)

i head cannon that these are some of the most powerful dragons in Valkamare an

i mean time magic that powerful could rival a despis from the sound of it

and the water magic sounds really strong

and the others sound pretty powerful to

So thalassas are kind of like whales with their pods?

Well, it happens rarely, but yeah, if they were to form a group, it would probably be similar to a whale pod.

Well, it happens rarely, but yeah, if they were to form a group, it would probably be similar to a whale pod.

whale birds

i was hunting for one and found a cheese

but i might trade it because i already have four and i would rather a hatchie i don't have then a cheese when i have four of those already

The adults are so pretty, I am definitely using these in my lineage project.

Hope I can get a few more though... I might just kill for a few eggies xd.png

-Edit-

Just saw one in the desert, wasn't fast enough sad.gif

Edited by Clya

birdz how did the water mana decide to give Thalassas wyrms fins? I mean yeah that is a typical evolution progression for many forms of aquatic life, but how does the mana know that?

I guess the real question is have the subspecies evolved mostly from exposure to mana, or has each subspecies evolved first and then consequently come in contact with mana relating to their behaviour?

Good question. C: I think of it more that they evolved naturally, and as they evolved, came in contact with the mana in their habitats, which is what made them more involved with their element over time. After so long, they've become pretty much reliant on that type of mana (like Thalassas with water mana, Pyros with fire mana, and so forth).

As for whether or not mana itself 'knows' to evolve a creature a certain way, that's probably more of a TJ question.

Mana is sentient and all-knowing all hail the mana.

I also wonder how the Gaias grew those wings which look like bug wings which aren't actually bug wing wings then.

Omg omg my babies just gendered! wub.gifwub.gifwub.gif Can't wait to see them all grown up on my scroll! *o*

I usually put new releases at the end of my scroll, but these are so beautiful... sad.gif Don't know what to do, putting them on the first page would mean so much work with the legacy sort. sad.gif

I also wonder how the Gaia grew those wings which look like bug wings which aren't actually bug wing wings then.

The power of obscure life-related references. (bugs->cocoons->life...yeah.)

Really though, they're frills, but they probably help steer a little bit in flight. Since Gaia fly all over the place, sometimes for very long distances, having a rudder is probably helpful. XD

Wow everyone wants these guys and they are trading like crazy for metallics O.O kindawishmyvolcanoonedidnothatchrightaftertheflood..xd.png