TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

birdz which ones of these breeds can fly? Which ones only slither on the ground? Some of them are able to dig tunnels in the ground and live there?

All of them can fly by levitation, but the Thalassas don't do it as much because... well, they're water-dwelling. Astrapis fly around like moody air-godzillas the most. Chronos are almost always airborne as well, but they stay muuuch closer to the ground, like only a few feet away from it most of the time. It's easier than slithering, especially since they have such spiny necks.

If any of them were to dig tunnels, it would probably be the Pyro, Mageia, or Gaia, but none of them really do. Most of them just find places to dwell, like caves, ruins, etc. without any real need to dig around. Hatchies would probably have the tendency to dig more than adults.

Birdz, where did you get the idea for the Thalasses color scheme? Did you base it on corals or was it just off the top of your head?

Water mana.

Back when TJ was trying to figure out what colour water mana was supposed to be, I jokingly said that it should totally be hot pink because just blue was boring.

He then took that thought like 500000 steps further and related it to coral, neatly enough. So, water mana is coral pink, with hints of blue in it.

So yeah I guess in a way, it's based on coral. |D"

---

As for rarity, I suppose it's safe for me to say they are not intended to be rare (that would be terrible). So if anything is making them scarce, it's going to be potential demand.

Be warned, srs question below:

birdz how did the water mana decide to give Thalassas wyrms fins? I mean yeah that is a typical evolution progression for many forms of aquatic life, but how does the mana know that?

I guess the real question is have the subspecies evolved mostly from exposure to mana, or has each subspecies evolved first and then consequently come in contact with mana relating to their behaviour?

Edited by Ashywolf

These are absolutely amazing! Thanks a lot, Birzgoboom, what an outstanding work of art!

Something I absolutely love is that the forest ones are blue instead of the typical green. Not only are they my favourite, but they are quiet original too.

I've actually seen as many CB silvers in the cave as I've seen Xenowyrms today. I think I shall go back to snagging gemshards while I wait for them to be less scarce xd.png

That and about time to leave for holiday stuffs. Due to that might be fewer people in the cave this weekend. So good luck folks!

birdz how did the water mana decide to give Thalassas wyrms fins? I mean yeah that is a typical evolution progression for many forms of aquatic life, but how does the mana know that?

I guess the real question is have the subspecies evolved mostly from exposure to mana, or has each subspecies evolved first and then consequently come in contact with mana relating to their behaviour?

Good question. C: I think of it more that they evolved naturally, and as they evolved, came in contact with the mana in their habitats, which is what made them more involved with their element over time. After so long, they've become pretty much reliant on that type of mana (like Thalassas with water mana, Pyros with fire mana, and so forth).

As for whether or not mana itself 'knows' to evolve a creature a certain way, that's probably more of a TJ question.

birdz you have stated that the xenowyrms are very large as they have been around for so long. Do you have an approximate measure of their length?

Do you have an approximate measure of their length?

I wiiiiishhh!

My idea of "big" is very different from others' ideas of "big," and since there's no real solid size scale here on DC currently, I'm not sure how big they would be in actual numbers.

I'm *loving* all this extra information on these guys! Thanks birdz!!

Besides releases, my DragonCave activity for the last 6 months has been mostly collecting one specific type of dragon. A new release comes, I grab some of those, breed a few, and I'm done with them and go back to collecting my army. ......

..... This release turned my playstyle upside down. I want ALL THESE OMG MOOOORE! I want to breed tons and tons and tons of them!! This is going to be so much fun.

OMG I just missed a coast egg by this close ;.; They're definitely dropping still but going so fast! Whew! I'm only going for it still because I enjoy the challenge. xd.png For others who find this frustrating I'd definitely recommend watching for other rares/uncommons instead while everyone is focused on Xenos and wait to go for Xenos when the hype has died down.

EDIT: But woo, a CB summer from the AP! xd.png I missed Summers in the past several years for some reason, even though I've always gotten all the other seasonals, so that's pretty cool too. ;p

Edited by Lurhstaap

I've been nabbing nice eggs from the ap. a vamp, purple (2nd gen PB) and a 3G PB red. Offed the vamp and purple on a desert egg trade and I'm keeping the red tongue.gif

I absolutely love them!!! Thanks birdzgoboom and TJ. What a great release. smile.gif I love the variety of colors. biggrin.gif

Auuuuugh, I've been stalking the Alpine region all morning...still no luck getting 2nds of each egg. @-@

Wow the adults are incredible! I think I like the Chronos variety the best, hopefully I'll catch one today.

AHHHHH the adults are amazing! I think I love the Astrapi and the Gaia the best.

Interestingly I caught my desert egg first...it hatched first...but it hasn't gendered? Instead my Jungle gendered first :0

Ok, not gonna lie, new favorite dragon breed. biggrin.gif

My only question/concern is why I don't already have a bajillion on my scroll! xd.png

Absolutely stunning artwork on these guys, Birdz!

So, about yesterday where I said I had an alternate account. My sister and I talked it over (EvilYogurt is my big sister) and we decided to ask TJ to burn the alternate.

If you don't believe me, here's the proof... Could you forgive us for cheating? We both promise that we won't ever do anything like this again!

Caught a spare Thassala from the AP and traded it for a Chrono. Now I just need a second Gaia to round out my male-female pairs.

So, about yesterday where I said I had an alternate account. My sister and I talked it over (EvilYogurt is my big sister) and we decided to ask TJ to burn the alternate.

If you don't believe me, here's the proof... Could you forgive us for cheating? We both promise that we won't ever do anything like this again!

You weren't cheating, you didn't know the rules.