TJ09

2015-06-27 - June Release

FIrst off, what a bunch of drop dead gorgeous sprites. You've definitely outdone yourself with these, birdz. And thanks for such an awesome release, TJ.

Now to try and see if I can get at least a breeding pair of each biome.

The problem is that even with Incubate the eggs need at least 2 days to hatch. So by the time the first batch hatched the flood had already stopped and by now it's barely a trickle any more.

Personally I don't even see these babies go by, let alone catch any.

I just really really hope the Xenos don't turn into another version of the Coppers or Pyralspites, where missing the release/not getting all of them at the release equals having to trade an arm, leg and possibly your fistborn child to complete your set afterwards. That would be really a shame, especially with dragons this gorgeous.

This is not true. I was able to get two full batches while it was still flooding. The flood lasted at least two days or more.

Of course I gave away almost all of my second batch to help people who were struggling with it but that's neither here nor there. xd.png

Edited by Lurhstaap

These are absolutely gorgeous! I second (third? gazillionth?) everyone who wonders if these will be uncommon or rare just because they are beautiful. Either way, I look forward to making lots of lineages with them!

Actually, the flood lasted more than two days. I think it lasted 54 hours, from 1PM Saturday to 7pm Monday, cave time. That's why many of us had the time to catch the first batch, incubate and catch the 2nd batch without too many issues since the biomes were quite calmer then. I understand the frustration of people that arrived late to the party but, on fairness, I'm really thankful to TJ for that long flood.

This - I was VERY late in and still made it.

Thanks birdz - these are BRILLIANT ! I can't wait to see how they breed.

But I shall have to, of course !

And thanks to the two people who helped me fix my ghastly messed up trade - one with a GIFT and one by accepting my whining PM offer on their trade xd.png I now have a clear conscience again.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Simply stupendously beautiful! I MUST fill my Scroll with these lovelies! Beyond my best imaginings, Birdz!! Thanks so much, I can't tell you how much I love them!

I got to the Release just a little late and managed to snag my first set, when they hatched (incubated), I immediately went back and got a second set. Lucky for me since I didn't want a repeat of the Trio release - slow connection, got ZERO and then didn't see them in-Cave for MONTHS. I'll add my alto to the growing chorus of 'Please make them common!'

Okay, I have not seen ONE in the cave since the flood ended.

Am I missing something here or do people have ninja fingers?

Okay, I have not seen ONE in the cave since the flood ended.

Am I missing something here or do people have ninja fingers?

They're dropping intermittently now as the ratios catch up. As others mentioned, the initial release flood was well over two days long. So, the cave has to readjust to more than just Xenowyrms.

Gosh, I still remember my first go-round of DC, back in the day. Before the biomes were present. Those days were brutal with releases.

You had three eggs, just as they appear now with the descriptions and the black egg with a question mark. But that was it, just the cave entrance. With a holiday release ( or any other new release ), top of the hour, click quick on all three, refresh, click quick on all three, refresh. Repeat till the drop was done ... about 30 seconds and then the 'no eggs to be found' message. Check your scroll to see if you got any of the new eggs. Then wait and repeat.

There was zero time to see what you were clicking on.

These

Are

Amaze

This went from my worst release to my best. The flood knocked me off my feet, but it worked out well in the end! Keep working hard, Birdz!

I've been checking on-and-off since the flood ended and I've seen maybe four, wasn't fast enough to get any though. I think it's just that there's a lot more people trying to get the wyrms than there are wyrms dropping.

There's so much lag rn and all I can think of is 'those people are getting wyrms and here I am waiting for it to load'

Woo, I'm awake and now I can finish answering what questions were thrown at me last night (as well as update one answer to be more concise) :

Are the names you listed in your post all the singular form?

--Edited to further clarify now that I am no longer tired:

Singular: Astrapi/Thalassa/Mageia/Chrono/Gaia/Pyro [Xenowyrm]

Plural: Astrapi/Thalassa/Mageia/Chrono/Gaia/Pyro [Xenowyrms]

Shorter Plural: Astrapis/Thalassas/Mageia/Chronos/Gaia/Pyros

Did you have any thought related to these time flowers (on the Chrono) from Lucario and the Mystery of Mew or not?

Nah, they're not a reference to the movie (great movie, though). It was more of the symbolism I was going for-- flowers are pretty delicate. We have some incredibly beautiful bearded irises by the side of my house, but their lifespans are so short, that their beauty is pretty much just fleeting. That was my main inspiration for using the flowers as symbolism for Time. That, and they really needed something other than shades of teal, haha. White complements the shades of teal fairly well.

Along the same vein, the Gaia also has symbolism there with the Life element-- when I think of life, one of the things I think of (and I'm sure I'm not the only one) is something coming from a cocoon. That's what inspired the more insect-like design elements on the Gaia (like the frills looking like bug wings and the actual dragon itself being more matte and wood-y). I suppose the Chrono and the Gaia are a bit more obscure with their inspiration when compared to, say, the Pyro, eheh.

Can any of these guys fly? Like via levitation or whatever? Or are they all purely 'land' dragons / swimmers?

They can indeed fly, and yes via levitation. You'd see a Gaia flying much more often than say, a Thalassa, however, seeing as though the Thalassa is more of a water-dwelling variant. (It does give it room to do some pretty cool tricks out of the water though, huh? |D")

Astrapis spend almost all of their time airborne, so I'd say those ones fly the most compared to the others.

Will they be gods and goddesses of the 6 areas?

E-eh, well, I didn't exactly plan anything around that. That would be more of something up to TJ, since he knows the world better than anyone else here! I wouldn't deny it being a possibility though, who knows. If it was a thing, they would probably be more of demigods/minor gods/goddesses, underneath the GoN and the Avatars, that's for sure. The GoN and Avatars are in their own league.

Is any of the six varieties bigger than a Stone dragon? And is the Pyro harder than it?

Just like the GoN is in its own league magic-wise, I think the Stone is pretty much in its own league size-wise. These guys aren't bigger than a Stone, but they're still fairly massive. Pyros are tough, but I'd imagine Stones are still harder.

Edited by birdzgoboom

There's so much lag rn and all I can think of is 'those people are getting wyrms and here I am waiting for it to load'

You can thank the hatching Chronos for that! xd.png

I've never loved a sprite as much as I love these little googlies. I was lucky/timely (THANKS CHRONOS!!) enough to grab two of each, and I am just OBSESSED. If I can't find them in the cave to satisfy my hoarding needs, I'll be breeding them like I've never bred dragons before just to have more of them on my scroll. Thank you Birdz for your fantastic work, and thanks TJ for giving her the platform to showcase them. They're all my favorite <3

wow they are just breathtaking! and I love the description, Birdz, incredibly awesome job on both wub.gif

I just wished I had seen the release earlier (after the birthday release there was no hint to expect a June release) and not influenced all female, convinced I could get partners for my first eggs, cus they are not dropping anymore, at least I haven't seen any egg since.

I am really not fond of rare releases the way they are handled. They could drop for 3-4 days and after that get rare, would still do. Or give us more eggslots so we can get couples right away...

Some are going through the Ap as well, I'd guess during the massive flood people who spam clicked on two decided it was easier to drop one and pick up another to get their set rather than trade.

Actually, I think it was 59 hours, 1pm Saturday to 12 midnight Monday, Cavetime. I was able to get 4 in my second batch, but misclicked and locked with a Chicken egg sometime after 7, while there were still Glassies there. They were there just before midnight, mixing some but still in evidence, but had stopped flooding when I tried to go back for a second Alpine or Coast to complete my first pairs, just after Cave midnight. I've seen three Alpines in the time since the drops slowed, but couldn't catch any. Haven't seen anymore of any of the others.

I stand corrected smile.gif But that confirmed my point, the flood was exceptionally long and many were able to catch 2 batches during that period.

I have been seeing them dropping in Volcano, maybe every 20 minutes.

Were these ever on the completed list, or somewhere they could've been seen by users? I'm just curious to know if a dragon has a greater chance of acceptance if they're in the artist section or something. Not that I doubt these wouldn't have been chosen anyway, they are gorgeous.

Hey birdz do any of these like to eat birds XD ?

Rofl, well, they can eat birds as long as they don't eat birdz. (Really tho, more precise info will be in the eventual Encyclopedia entries for these guys!)

Were these ever on the completed list, or somewhere they could've been seen by users?

I did them on my own in private.

I believe TJ has said in his Bossman thread what he looks for in a dragon for release. (Not sure what page it was on, though... I think it was fairly recent?)

They are simply stunning and I am amazed. wub.gif So impatient to get adults of my own. smile.gif

birdz which ones of these breeds can fly? Which ones only slither on the ground? Some of them are able to dig tunnels in the ground and live there?

This is not true. I was able to get two full batches while it was still flooding. The flood lasted at least two days or more.

Well, being in another time zone than the cave AND having been at work all night when the release happened I didn't get to actually snagging my first batch until Sunday noon (Sunday morning cave time). When I got room for hunting again, the flood was over and I haven't seen a single Xeno egg since. I don't say that the flood didn't last long - I just say that to have a chance at a second batch during the flood, you had to have been able to snag your eggs fairly early into the release.

In any case I'm not complaining. I have one of each and a breeding pair of the Chrono, which is more than I can say of the Pyralspites. Other people don't even have that. All I'm saying is that I hope that these guys won't go the same way Pyrals did. The sprites are waaaay too pretty for words and I'd hate for them to become virtually unobtainable for people without enough trade fodder.

Edit: Birdz, where did you get the idea for the Thalasses color scheme? Did you base it on corals or was it just off the top of your head?

Edited by Rubin

There is absolutely no reason to worry about them being rare yet. This has happened with each of the last few releases. Everyone worried about those too and not one of them has been a rare or even an uncommon in the long run. I think it's way too soon to be worrying about Wyrm rarity yet. There are very good odds that in a month or so they'll be just as easy to catch as Gemshards are now - another species people were SURE were going to be rare. wink.gif