Vhale

Targeted Mass Breeding

Ha-Ki summed it up nicely smile.gif

As far as other prize offers I'm going to pass for now because I'm afraid I'll get overwhelmed juggling who's offering what. I'm juggling the Annual July 4th planning IRL as well as trying to see if some of the common collector threads in trade would like 2g donations. After all, once we breed all these lovelies an incentive for raising them is nice.

I heard back from The Evil Project and they said they haven't had a prize request in awhile. Though perhaps more people would ask if they knew shorter gens were available?

I haven't heard back from the Common Collectors Competition yet. I think they just check back at the end of the month and award whatever prizes have been donated.

And yes, by doubling up I mean 1 breeding per ticket. No common x common = 2 tickets. Because if people did that, we'd get half the possible eggs.

Yay, my first batch of teas hit the AP! The AP is steeping delightfully. =p

~

After the raffle, we could offer shorter gen prizes to users who were close to the number, so you didn't have to keep track of it yourself?

I really like this idea. I shall be breeding some of my nicer lineaged commons soon. I also bred some of my Black Tea lineages and they should hit the AP in a few hours. Hopefully there'll still be some Teas left from the current batch in the AP. I love Teas!

Bred 60 of my dragons (sunstones, spitfires, brutes, falconiform wyverns and royal crimson), most of them part of even gen checkered or purebred lineages cool.gif

Just bred 80 of the commons, most of them CB to other CB dragons. I have another even 20 of the super-commons on my scroll that I might breed before the 14th (mostly those blasted deep seas), but they're ones I'm using as part of checkers or themed lineages and I'm not sure I want unrelated kids on their record... tongue.gif

Now to go make a photobucket account or some such so I can send the screencaps in!

It's nice to see eggs getting to the 5d1h range in the AP again! biggrin.gif I've had a lot of fun breeding and reorganizing my scroll as I go.

Over the past three days, I've bred from the list:

Bleeding Moons

Blue-Banded

Frostbite

Brutes

Tangar

Fever - about 25 PB pairs (50+ CB Fevers) and 2 2nd gen Fever x Wrapping Wing pairs

Black Tips

Canopy

Falconiform

Coastal Waverunners

Swallowtails

Red-finned tidal - 8 pairs PB (tidal > royal crimson - 8 pairs)

Royal Crimsons - about 110 out to 250 bred so far, with about 30 CBs still waiting to be paired, and some of the higher gens still needing appropriate mates.

Haven't touched the Mints, Sunstones, Turps or Nocturnes yet, but they will take a while. I have fairly large CB collections of each of these breeds. rolleyes.gif I may complete breedings of smaller groups tonight, and start on the bigger groups tomorrow! Yes, I am having fun, and as for a total count? I have no idea! xd.png

Edited by dragongrrl

Hah, my eggs just hit the AP! I can't pick up anything X'D

I bred all my nice ones, but I bred messies to up my count too, so my apologies if you get a stinker among the gemstones >___<

Thank you Sock! Managed to nab this sweet egg!

Black Tea dragons for the win! Hahaha

No problem - glad you like it and it went to a good home!

Hopefully there'll still be some Teas left from the current batch in the AP. I love Teas!

I bred somewhere around 100 more that should hit the AP tomorrow sometime. o3o I love teas, too! Too bad I've been locked all day and couldn't look for any of yours. D:

~

And yes, it's awesome to see the AP time tick down for a bit! >D

I think we did a good job with the swallowtails. When I bred them with gold wyverns, they produced more of those than swallowtails. biggrin.gif

Awesome! I've no idea how long it takes to "fix" ratios and I'm certain TJ won't want us trying to pry too closely. But if things are helping already, good deal!

That would be great Socky, since the list public if people want to use it to roll for prizes or glomp gifting it might be fun. The only problem is we may all have scrolls busting to fullness /evil grin

/runs through low-time eggs squeeing!

The clock on the eggs started going back up this morning, I didn't think we'd get them down to incuhatching. Then all the sudden they started dropping like rocks.

I did a few of my common lineages that I haven't bred in a year or more, so, people are getting some pretty rare finds in there.

I am guessing if we do this again I'd need to recreate this in the trade forum in line with things like common collectors. And probably do one of the little form things for people to post: These are my numbers, This is my link etc etc. I get the feeling we might need another go with fewer types listed. Bleeding Moons, Frostbites and Falconis are truly insane.

Edited by Vhale

For my two cents, I would be much happier submitting a spreadsheet or something listing the codes of all the commons I bred for the day.

I also think that a great runner up prize would be a CB common hatchling of the user's choice. xd.png

That would be very appropriate xd.png

That is one thing I was thinking in the back of my head about too many extra prizes. Kinda defeats the ratio work.

I'm not a big spreadsheet user so I may be ignorant on ease of use. But it seems like to use one, you'd have to write down each egg as they drop which would nix the speed of autoabandoning. I'm thinking it might be better for smaller users, but maybe too much for larger breeders. Is there an easy way to have it capture breedings?

I could see it for a hatchy raising contest.

:Edit. I'm spending a little time with my viewer open on the hatchery sites. With this many low time eggs, the ERs may get crunched.

Edited by Vhale

@s0r0k4

Yes, I don't think the monitor exists that could take an action log screeny of all breedings at once xd.png So snipped at 20/40 is fine.

Thanks for clarifying laugh.gif I don't know why I'm having so much trouble with that stuff haha

Still slowly working through my scroll with the breedings. Up to pg 5 now, there are still some more lineages to go but most of CB's have been bred at least. Never realized how many luminas I had until I had to breed them all haha. And on the good note, This happened!! Now, that pair has been together since last August, and this is the first shiny they ever made (not good breeders in general...also, ~lumina~) Grats to whoever finds it in the AP! And, speaking of the AP, this have done wonders for it for sure. Everything is down to incuhatchable time now.

That would be very appropriate xd.png

That is one thing I was thinking in the back of my head about too many extra prizes. Kinda defeats the ratio work.

I'm not a big spreadsheet user so I may be ignorant on ease of use. But it seems like to use one, you'd have to write down each egg as they drop which would nix the speed of autoabandoning. I'm thinking it might be better for smaller users, but maybe too much for larger breeders. Is there an easy way to have it capture breedings?

I could see it for a hatchy raising contest.

:Edit. I'm spending a little time with my viewer open on the hatchery sites. With this many low time eggs, the ERs may get crunched.

I meant using something like Google Sheets or something to just record the codes of the blocker parents as they are bred. Like for example, you have a specific date and then 20 or so codes below it for the dragons you breed.

I'm having fun watching the AP over the last day. It's constantly changing semi-walls of whatever one of us spam-bred the most of [x] hours ago. I wonder what the rest of DC (that isn't aware of this thread) is making of it all. laugh.gif

I meant using something like Google Sheets or something to just record the codes of the blocker parents as they are bred. Like for example, you have a specific date and then 20 or so codes below it for the dragons you breed.

I love the simplicity of action log screenshots - I wouldn't have joined this if I had to write down the individual codes.

If you write down codes, you can only count breedings that actually produced an egg, as the "last bred" date is only visible to the owner. And it's more time-consuming for the person who checks all the breedings, because instead of looking at a screenshot of 20 breedings, they'd have to enter /progeny/code 20 times to check the eggs (that don't even appear on the progeny page if they've already been picked up and fogged).

*shrug* I'm sure using spreadsheets also has its advantages, but I prefer screenshots.

I'm having fun watching the AP over the last day. It's constantly changing semi-walls of whatever one of us spam-bred the most of [x] hours ago. I wonder what the rest of DC (that isn't aware of this thread) is making of it all. laugh.gif

It's been nice to see a variety rather than one color wall all the time, which is what usually happened. And there's still the CBs tucked in there from the cave. Maybe more since the hunters have a little less competition with people incuhatching.

My first set of mass breed of commons came off cooldowns so I tried them vrs various trios and golden wyverns. I didn't see any noticeable differences save perhaps one. Bright Breasted Wyverns didn't look too bad. So it might be that they and Swallowtales could be removed if I do another round next week. Rumor has it there may be a release this weekend, so if that happens I'll push it back.

I love the simplicity of action log screenshots - I wouldn't have joined this if I had to write down the individual codes.

If you write down codes, you can only count breedings that actually produced an egg, as the "last bred" date is only visible to the owner. And it's more time-consuming for the person who checks all the breedings, because instead of looking at a screenshot of 20 breedings, they'd have to enter /progeny/code 20 times to check the eggs (that don't even appear on the progeny page if they've already been picked up and fogged).

*shrug* I'm sure using spreadsheets also has its advantages, but I prefer screenshots.

I was thinking more of a good faith sort of thing where just the lineage links of the common in question would be used, but it doesn't really matter. Someone somewhere is going to be experiencing a time consuming step.

For example, it might not be time consuming to look at a screenshot or several, but it's time consuming to get those screenshots ready to send, especially if breedings number in the hundreds as some users have done on a daily basis.

I was thinking more of a good faith sort of thing where just the lineage links of the common in question would be used, but it doesn't really matter. Someone somewhere is going to be experiencing a time consuming step.

For example, it might not be time consuming to look at a screenshot or several, but it's time consuming to get those screenshots ready to send, especially if breedings number in the hundreds as some users have done on a daily basis.

I bred 420+ somethings, and while it did take a few minutes to print screen everything, it's still considerably quicker than copy-pasting the lineages would've been (and, as mentioned, requires less trust in the proof).

I mean of course people can submit them any way they like, but screenshots seem faster, easier for our most generous host to check, and provide less ease of cheating, so IMO they are the better method. :3

I appreciate the input either way. I know Flight Rising has some pretty awesome google docs for their Dominance pushes that I've admired but I like having the screenshot. Imo, there is always a better and easier way, we just haven't found it yet xd.png (note does not apply to Ice Cream)

Also, I wish I had the second post reserved for a ticket list. The first post feels cluttered as is. And I wish I'd done 1-5000. I feel like I'm running short on numbers!

A few people have duplicated. I will send out PMs, tomorrow perhaps, to those I find. 1 seems to be the most popular number. I am not forcing people to change as I'm superstitious about Murphy's Law. I just know I'll tell someone, then roll that number. o.O

Whew. Everything from the 5th has been re-bred to appropriate mates, so that's all for my tickets this time around. *crosses fingers* Good luck everybody!

It felt like Log screenshot was the way to go if you just needed "Proof of Breeding". It showed the breed of the dragon, and that it has indeed been bred.

If what we focused on was "Proof of Offspring", (what breed of eggs were produced, how many of them, etc) then yeah, Google Docs would be the way to go.

But since the only thing that matters is an action of breeding itself, a spreadsheet would be much more time consuming to fill out, especially for people with large scrolls. (True, the log pics took a while to do too, but if I had to enter each dragon I bred by hand, over 700 of them, I...would probably skip out on this altogether. Waaay too much work) Listing any offspring produced would be just useless information. Plus, if someone wanted to cheat, what would prevent them from just listing a dragon and saying that they bred them and just got no egg? There'd be no proof that they didn't.

P.S: Oh hey, one of my numbers in there was a 1. Wouldn't mind changing that to something else since I didn't really pick it - just used the number range generator in first post, and it was one of the numbers it gave me. laugh.gif

Edited by s0r0k4

I like what this project has done to the AP! Not just a wide variety of low-time eggs, but a lot of nice ones too. Among other treasures, I just checked off two holiday checkers from my 'seeking-mates-for' wishlist. biggrin.gif

*Does a little happy dance in the privacy of my apartment*

*checks again* Two of the eggs were from s0r0k4!

Edited by Gryphonic