Vhale

Targeted Mass Breeding

I hope you don't mind the question... I've never entered a raffle before.

So the goal is to basically breed all of our super commons together, drop them in the AP and then send in our breeding logs, correct? And the list of dragons in the first post are the ones we should breed?

Correct smile.gif

No worries Ha-Ki xd.png There was a huge wall of Magi dragons at the time. It's hard for me not to call them oranges.

O_o Did the raffle appear as a recent thing? I swear it wasn't there last I checked.

Is the 14th when the raffle draw happens or when we're supposed to be breeding? I'm confused about ticket numbers too, how are we avoiding two people getting the same number?

O_o Did the raffle appear as a recent thing? I swear it wasn't there last I checked.

Is the 14th when the raffle draw happens or when we're supposed to be breeding? I'm confused about ticket numbers too, how are we avoiding two people getting the same number?

Recently wink.gif

14th is when the drawing is, Breed as much as you want until then.

Ticket Numbers, I've done this type of raffle with 300 person large MMO guilds. THe odds of the same number are small. But, per the first post, if there is a "tie" I'll just roll off between the two people the traditional way. First person 1, Second 2. Or breed another egg if possible.

I'm a very streaky roller myself so I like this type of raffle. There's always a set of people that always roll high or always roll low, so by picking their own numbers they can try to game their luck.

I suppose I send in my screenshot now, and if I manage to breed more before the draw, I send in more screenshots? Or would you prefer if I wait?

I suppose I send in my screenshot now, and if I manage to breed more before the draw, I send in more screenshots? Or would you prefer if I wait?

Now is fine, if this gets busy and everyone waits til the 14th, I might have inbox troubles =x It's empty now. But they aren't too big.

Ah, makes sense now. I'm guessing it's based of the breed of the egg, not the breeds of the parents?

edit: for example if I want to breed something flashy like Carmine X Mistletoe then assuming an egg is produced it still counts?

Moar edit: should we separately breed and abandon, since the action log doesn't show which if any offspring was produced?

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

Ah, makes sense now. I'm guessing it's based of the breed of the egg, not the breeds of the parents?

edit: for example if I want to breed something flashy like Carmine X Mistletoe then assuming an egg is produced it still counts?

Moar edit: should we separately breed and abandon, since the action log doesn't show which if any offspring was produced?

The action log only shows what is bred. Personally, I fill up my scroll so that eggs are auto abandoned which doesn't show on the list. I'm not asking for proof of eggs because no one has control over refusals and I don't think that would be fair and it would be too complicated. Some unlucky person will get 10 and someone will get none. Breeding them counts. whether an egg was produced or not. I'm just asking people to try. Keep It Simple rule smile.gif

I don't care what they are bred too. Given that these dragons are notorious for producing their own kind, holidays would work as well as other commons. But you'll only short yourself tickets if you breed them to themselves. But, it's up to you how you decide to breed them.

The action log only shows what is bred. Personally, I fill up my scroll so that eggs are auto abandoned which doesn't show on the list. I'm not asking for proof of eggs because no one has control over refusals and I don't think that would be fair and it would be too complicated. Some unlucky person will get 10 and someone will get none. Breeding them counts. whether an egg was produced or not. I'm just asking people to try. Keep It Simple rule smile.gif

I don't care what they are bred too. Given that these dragons are notorious for producing their own kind, holidays would work as well as other commons. But you'll only short yourself tickets if you breed them to themselves. But, it's up to you how you decide to breed them.

Awesome, thanks for clarifying smile.gif I'mma see if I can find some nice new pairings...

...on Wednesday when I don't have an exam O_o

Np, I edited the main post a bit with clarifications. It is better to breed from the commons action page as then it's picture is the one that shows up in the action log. The only way to tell otherwise is by manually typing in the dragon codes. And I'd hate to have to do that.

Thanks for the motivation! Been wanting to do a "mass" breeding of teas for a while.

Just bred 100 tea pairs, the vast majority of which produced. A handful of no interests, one refusal, and two pebbles. I'd say at least 85 teas were bred. Took me a little over 3 hours because my comp thinks FF needs 3 - 4 GIGS of memory to run. I have more to breed later (fifth gen pb yellow crown and sunstone lines I own all or most of + more), but I def have to do a restart or something before I attempt any more breeding. I just wanted to fill my whole action log first. xP

Oh crumbs... I don't remember how many pairs I bred. I'd need to go count them manually, so I'll just edit this post when I've done that. >..<

Quick question: If I breed two blockers together in a pair, such as blue-band x frostbite, does that count twice (each blocker bred) or once (each breeding)?

All righty... Totals since my first breedings on 6/5 to now:

Black Tea - 16

Blacktip - 11

Black-capped Teimarr - 18

Bleeding Moon - 8

Blue-banded - 15

Brute - 17

Canopy - 16

Carmine - 16

Cassare - 17

Coastal Waverunner - 16

Deep Sea - 16

Falconiform - 11

Fever - 17

Frostbite - 12

Gold-horned Tangar - 16

Lumina - 5

Mint - 16

Nocturne - 17

Red-finned Tidal - 16

Royal Crimson - 8

Speckle-throat - 16

Spotted Greenwing - 8

Sunstone - 10

Swallowtail - 17

Turpentine - 7

Yellow-crown - 16

Edited by Kith

Oh crumbs... I don't remember how many pairs I bred. I'd need to go count them manually, so I'll just edit this post when I've done that. >..<

Quick question: If I breed two blockers together in a pair, such as blue-band x frostbite, does that count twice (each blocker bred) or once (each breeding)?

/Comfort

What I do is use snap links. It shows a count for how many links are selected so it's a little easier to figure out things like that. It's a firefox add on. I think linkclumps for Chrome will do the same thing.

One action log per ticket. So if you breed two blockers it just counts once. That's to encourage more eggies :3

@Sock, now I want a glass of Tea o.O

Edited by Vhale

*nod* Okay, that's what I thought. I'll have much fewer raffle tickets, but I'll know for next time.

Bred:

11 pairs of CB Feverfews

8 pairs of CB Tangars and 2 2nd gen pairs

13 pairs of CB Brutes

6 pairs of CB Frostbites

and my only pair of CB Blue-Bandeds.

I'll come back later tonight and breed a few more. I'm not going to worry about entering the contest, though. I'm just following the list for the fun of it. smile.gif

Instead of picking raffle numbers, why not just assign them as they're earned? So the first person who puts in 10 tickets gets 1-10, the next person who puts in 5 tickets gets 11-16, etc etc. Prevents ties and should make it a bit easier to keep track of who has what numbers.

Instead of picking raffle numbers, why not just assign them as they're earned? So the first person who puts in 10 tickets gets 1-10, the next person who puts in 5 tickets gets 11-16, etc etc. Prevents ties and should make it a bit easier to keep track of who has what numbers.

I don't like doing it that way. It's no more trouble as I'd have to keep a list one way or the other. And from feedback I've gotten, people enjoy picking their own numbers. If people are concerned about not duplicating a number they can double check what's already chosen on my profile. I'm not insisting that anyone else pick raffle numbers my way, this is just how I like to do them based on what I've done in MMOs.

Thanks dragongrrl smile.gif

All of my first batch from this are hatched and almost growed up. I had two go to people that had accepting aid on that needed a little help. Looked like children's scroll or wee siblings.

Oh so this is what's up. That explains the AP going haywire for a bit there.

So, say I wanted to participate and enter the raffle too, but brain does not compute these instructions. If the entire log page is filled with breeding log entries, do I send the pic of the entire thing (how would that even fit), or crop it by 20 log entries and send in multiple screenshots (+ a number per each of those)? Or neither and this is completely off? *confused*

Also, at that Tangar x Magi lineage listed: mine made a magi egg! Sweeeet. It's auto'd in the AP though.

Edited by s0r0k4

I did my set of breedings today and out of the pairings I bred I got:

-two whites from bleeding moon/white pairings- both went to the AP

-only blue-bandeds from blue-banded/stone pairings

-two magis from frostbite/magi pairings- one to the AP and one to claim in the link below

-and one electric from brutes/electric in the link below

Claim the magi! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Claim the electric! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!AP'd

Edited by Jazeki

I did my set of breedings today and out of the pairings I bred I got:

-two whites from bleeding moon/white pairings- both went to the AP

-only blue-bandeds from blue-banded/stone pairings

-two magis from frostbite/magi pairings- one to the AP and one to claim in the link below

-and one electric from brutes/electric in the link below

Claim the magi! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Claim the electric! Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Awh, I had to claim the magi. I shall help in this cause! Now to find breeds to breed...

424 breedings later and I'm done! Contributed mostly on the lumina, royal crimson, and black tea fronts. I've always loved luminas, but the latter two love affairs kinda snuck up on me.

I hope this helps lower the time of AP eggs, too. They've been so high lately...

Edited by angelicdragonpuppy

Request: please breed some of your 2nd gen blockers from seasonals?

Also, I don't know if this project is starting to help already or if this is sheer dumb luck, but today I finally got my first shiny out of STD after over a year and a half: http://dragcave.net/progeny/7Lvaa

I'll start slowly going through and breeding out the requested blockers. Do all blocker breedings get reported, even if they give a non-blocker egg or no egg?

Admittedly, my mass breedings usually consist of BSA's, or other less common eggs that are more desirable. I seriously doubt the AP will have a chance to fill up with reds, pinks, trios, prizes or metals before people snatch them up.

That being said, watch the AP for reds and pinks in about 36 hours or so,

After 140 bred CB luminas I'm calling it a day. I am unfortunately about 230 or so short of my entire lumina hoard being bred. Lavinia im pretty sure i bred some to seasonals.