Vhale

Targeted Mass Breeding

Failed to wait 'til Wednesday and did my breeding already xd.png Managed to get 44 pairs and am now half-convinced my dragons have all discovered some fantastic video game that's distracting them from breeding.

ah i was wondering what was up, i guess i will be breeding my brutes then

@s0r0k4

Yes, I don't think the monitor exists that could take an action log screeny of all breedings at once xd.png So snipped at 20/40 is fine.

@angelicdragonpuppy

I know right? They were practically at 6 days. Not good for my frozen hatchy sprite collection. I know I have to wait for 2/3 of those to gender anyway but... impatience!

@Lavinia

Request added. And yes, just breeding counts. I didn't feel it would be fair to that poor person that gets 8 refusals out of 10 breedings to just count eggs. It's enough to try and get one. That and for all we know, the ratios reset today and they are already fixed as much as we can and all the breedings go opposite. It's definitely an experimental attempt as TJ is secretive.

@Blueocean

Yes, I've helped with BSA mass breeds and they get snatched as soon as they fall there.

@ObsessedWithCats Don't you get me in trouble with your teachers if your test scores suffer!

Everyone should be updated in my profile now. I has to go to work. But first... Ima making bananananana pudding. <3

And I've got a bright side... Even though I need to re-do the breedings from a couple of days ago that got pushed off my action log, that means I'll be able to replace the contest x contest breedings I did with contest x not-contest ones. :3

I just bred my tangar x sunstone checker pairs to the AP - good luck catching them smile.gif

I also bred lots of 2nd gens of random pairings, mostly with older commons.

Phew. Bred a little over a hundred more teas. Not quite as much success as yesterday, but still I'd say the majority produced. Also bred most my yellow-crowned, brutes, black-tips, and blue-bandeds. Also bred the sunstones from my 5th gen pb. A lot of what I bred was pb and some checkers. A few things from spriter alts. All in all, I've bred 400 dragons (lost count of what I was breeding and knocked some things off my action log, though >_e ). I was gonna try breeding a few from each of the listed groups, but there are a lot of dragons listed. =o

EDIT: Alright, bred some swallowtails, deep seas, coastals, turps, falconiforms, fevers, speckle throats, and carmines. 200 more breedings. I've officially done nothing but breed all day, so I've gotta stop now. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

... (lost count of what I was breeding and knocked some things off my action log, though >_e ). I was gonna try breeding a few from each of the listed groups, but there are a lot of dragons listed. =o

^^ I've completely lost count, too, the action log just isn't big enough! xd.png

I got into reorganizing my 251 Royal Crimsons, breeding as I go. 17 PB pairs so far. I also tried 8 paired with Red Tidals, which resulted in 7 Red Tidal eggs and 1 no interest. I'm working through some other pairs that I've been wanting to try, but my browser keeps seizing up. dry.gif

I need to work on my spotted greenwings. But I messed up my Hellfire x Greenwing lineage a bit, one duplicate mate, so I have to be careful sorting them out rather than going by the bred list. I had been copying breed links to my profile but it is now in use xd.png

Notes: Tickets and list updated per this post.

I probably need to mention that if I can't contact the winner by the 15th, I'm going for second place. If you aren't going to be around on the 14th or 15th, please let me know.

I'm going to add a comma to 1,000 on the front page, I'm a little concerned people are reading it as 100.

Free canopy x snow angel checker:

Claim my eggs/hatchlings!

Edit: lol, I just got a silver out of a mint x silver pairing ninja.gif It went to the AP, congrats to whoever gets it!

Edited by Ha-Ki

xd.png

I got a few colored stripes out of mine. I'm sure someone will be overjoyed.

I think when I first posted this the eggs in the AP were at 5d 18 hours, they've dropped to 5d 6 hours.

Thanks all! wub.gif

Added!

I'm amazed that frostbites, falconiforms in particular are so hard. I thought for sure when I saw the sprites they'd go uncommon from breeding. But they are as stubborn as they day they were released.

Added!

I'm amazed that frostbites, falconiforms in particular are so hard. I thought for sure when I saw the sprites they'd go uncommon from breeding. But they are as stubborn as they day they were released.

I know. I feel bad. My very first avatar came from a frostbite and that was the first pairing I tried when the person asked, but it gave me a frostbite. And from that point on, I've gotten nothing from frostbites when breedings are successful.

Oy. I finally got down to my hellfire x Greenwing lineage, managed to get 2 hellfires out of the whole set, one of which was a keeper for me and went ahead and kept my 4th gen greenwing egg.

Also started fleshcrownes x embers which is rather striking.

http://dragcave.net/lineage/uJvKK

It's interesting to see how many purple dorsals are in the AP. I know I used several for mates and they did get bred a lot. They must be sitting in a nice spot between too common and just common enough. There's been quite a few Bright Breasted Wyverns too.

For me i think Imperial Fleshcrownes are a menace to breed with anything else all i get are more imperials maybe if i breed my imps i may get something worth while

I got into reorganizing my 251 Royal Crimsons, breeding as I go. 17 PB pairs so far. I also tried 8 paired with Red Tidals, which resulted in 7 Red Tidal eggs and 1 no interest. I'm working through some other pairs that I've been wanting to try, but my browser keeps seizing up. dry.gif

Thanks for reminding me I wanted to breed my small royal crimson x royal blue lineage as well. Good luck getting through your breedings!

For me i think Imperial Fleshcrownes are a menace to breed with anything else all i get are more imperials maybe if i breed my imps i may get something worth while

Tell me about it. =p

https://dragcave.net/progeny/5dsIp

https://dragcave.net/progeny/1br3V

(Check out the show children)

~

So I've been struggling to get a gwyvern from a sunstone (for so long now I've actually forgotten what the heck I was breeding this to mate with >_e ), but got two gwyverns from other super commons in my breeding yesterday, lol. AND got a shimmer from an inbred line with deep seas yesterday that's been taking me months to get partners from, so I hope whoever picks it up enjoys it!

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

I am really glad people keep mentioning Golden Wyvern struggles because I've bred out my scroll and I keep looking at my big red x Golden Wyvern lineage thinking... "I could breed those..." then thinking... "but that defeats the point..." thinking... "DO EEETTT!!!"

/sits on hands

/chants I will not breed my nebulas and trios. I will be good!

Btw, could I pitch in the form of raffle eggs? (I just typed raggle. wtf)

I've got several Shimmers and Tinsels and I could breed them to try and get some more prizes for this project. Most of them are rather long-lined, but I DO have seven 5G and eight 4G stairsteps/spirals and even two 3G stairsteps. There's no telling which of the prizes breed true, but I could probably get at least 5-6 eggs out of the 17 lines.

PS. I don't know if this particular pairing has been suggested for the list yet, but it's getting really annoying on my end. http://dragcave.net/progeny/hgvB2 It's an IOU of Bleeding Moon x Blusang - I need a 6G Blusang from this, but all I've gotten are 9-10 Bleeding Moons.

Edited by Beldarius

I might* be able to offer secondary prizes in the 4G prize value range also, if that's something Vhale's happy to work in and people are interested in.

*Dragon cooperation dependent

so if I was gonna do a mass breeding how do I document it? edit have a 2nd and 3rd gen silver tin I could breed to try for a prize...

Edited by TempestSea

so if I was gonna do a mass breeding how do I document it? edit have a 2nd and 3rd gen silver tin I could breed to try for a prize...

Do you mean in general or do you mean for the contest Vhale's holding? I'm going to assume you meant for Vhale's contest so all you do is breed any of the following commons below:

user posted image

After that go to your action log and then screenshot your log and PM it to Vhale so you get a ticket. I'm not sure if you can have more than one ticket (confused as to what Vhale means by no doubling up). Keep in mind you need to breed at least 20 eggs of the species above. o3o

Pretty good deal since you can try to have a little fun and test some lineages around. wink.gif

I'm not sure if you can have more than one ticket (confused as to what Vhale means by no doubling up). Keep in mind you need to breed at least 20 eggs of the species above. o3o

Pretty good deal since you can try to have a little fun and test some lineages around. wink.gif

Yeah, you can get one ticket for each 20 breedings (screenshot them before they get kicked from your action log by later breedings!). Go to the breed link from the action page of the common, so the picture of the common will show up in your action log. If they produce, refuse or show no interest doesn't matter, breeding entries in your action log is what counts (thanks for that rule, Vhale, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered entering the raffle and would have bred much less).

I'm not sure what was meant by doubling up - maybe that breeding blocker x blocker only counts as one breeding, even though two blockers are involved? Vhale suggested breeding blocker x rare/uncommon instead to max out bred eggs (and tickets).

And I completely agree about the lineage testing - I found that luminas don't breed too bad with pyralspites and I might start a lineage with them now xd.png