Vhale

Targeted Mass Breeding

So, it's been a little while since this issue was discussed and I was wondering if some of the tougher combos were working better? IE Bleeding Moon x anything

Hmmm. Of the 29 Bleeding Moons I bred t'other day, only one gave a non-BM egg. And they were pretty much all paired with commons (Balloons or fellow code dragons, for the most part). Otoh, I bred a Sunsong from Bleeding Moon the other week, which came as quite a surprise, so maybe they are getting better.

Counting the productive breeds that are at least a year old (items in bold are not on the approved list):

10 deep seas: 1 speckle-throated

9 canopies: 1 black-capped teimarr, 2 cassares

10 nocturnes: 1 spitfire, 1 neotropical

6 coastal waverunners: 2 anagallis

9 swallowtails: 1 white, 1 royal crimson, 1 canopy

8 gold-horned tangars: 1 purple, 1 nhiostrife wyvern

9 turpentines: all turpentines

10 luminas: 1 purple

7 olives: 1 spirit ward, 1 imperial fleshcrowne

6 brimstones: all brimstones

16 speckle-throated: 1 deep sea, 1 yellow-crowned

14 royal crimsons: 1 red, 1 ridgewing, 1 gold-horned tangar, 1 sunsong amphiptere

12 black-capped teimarr: 1 ridgewing

8 black teas: all black teas

9 blacktips: 1 frostbite, 1 canopy, 1 ridgewing

10 seragamma wyverns: all seragamma wyverns

12 bleeding moons: 1 red-finned tidal

11 imperial fleshcrownes: 1 yellow-crowned

10 red-finned tidals: 1 swallowtail, 1 gemshard

10 yellow-crowned: all yellow-crowned

5 nhiostrife wyverns: 1 tsunami wyvern

11 fever wyverns: all fever wyverns

5 brutes: 1 carmine wyvern, 1 harvest

7 falconiform wyverns: 1 xenowyrm

7 frostbites: all frostbites

4 blue-banded: all blue-banded

4 carmine wyverns: all carmine wyverns

9 cassares: 1 canopy, 1 black-capped teimarr

I was curious and decided to breed my ten Carmine Wyverns to Bleeding Moons.

Result: ten eggs, all of them Carmine. xd.png

I've been trying to get a GW from one of my Carmines since august 2014, so I really love this project!

Edited by dustpuppy

Was really frustrated by the Striped Rivers and spite bred everything I had that's on the list. A bunch of random 2Gs to hit the AP in 2 and a half days. From what I noticed I didn't have a single egg that wasn't on the list, although I bred most with non-list dragons.

Maybe you should add waterwalkers and mints back on the list...

I only tried three pairs of mints with springs and three pairs of waterwalkers before being frustrated enough to switch to my mistletoe. I'm working on a Leeloo for the 5th element (64 different breeds in the starting gen - plus I'll have 86 breeds in the final dragon due to hybrids and color morphs and seasonals and such) and was going to pair my mistletoe with something else. Bah.

Summers are dropping really well in the cave right now though, so I thought my chances of breeding a summer from something common was good. Guess not.

Anyone here tried breeding Albinos with Blacktips?

It seems nearly impossible for me to get an Albino egg out of a male Albino x female Blacktip pairing. I have been breeding 11 different pairs for the last several weeks now and all I'm getting from them are Blacktip eggs. *sigh*

/kabump!

If anyone is bored and wants to check out the pairings in the first post, would be curious to see if they are "fixed" or helped a bit.

May I suggest Magelight Pygmies to be added to the list of commons? I hear they spread like wildfire. 8D Edited by Pandalf

May I suggest Magelight Pygmies? I hear they spread like wildfire. 8D

On the occasions I've joined in the TMB, I make the habit of breeding a two-head, drake or pygmy between each block of 20 "target" dragons so I can see where I'm up to - I like to think that might help a smidge too. smile.gif I usually start with the two-heads, but perhaps next time I'll start with the pygmies...

/kabump!

If anyone is bored and wants to check out the pairings in the first post, would be curious to see if they are "fixed" or helped a bit.

Well, since the op mentions olives,

Out of 14 Olive x Terra breedings today

1/14 -- Terra egg

12/14 -- Olive egg

1/14 -- No egg/ No interest

Why are the pairings useful?

I'm guessing because of looking at which breeds are still ridiculously dominant (but I could be wrong, too)

All I know is that my xenoxterrae breeding for the last two batches produced only 5 terraes out of what... around 20 breedings? =/

Edited by Pandalf

So, is this a place to request massbreeding? Because, I dunno if it's my pairing or not, but I've been trying to breed an avatar from a seragamma for a very long time and only got one (look) ...I foolishly gifted it away because I wanted a destro :\ I really need an avatar from this line to continue it, though.

I've tried adjusting the ratios myself, to no avail... I guess I don't have enough of them to make a dent.

I read the OP, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of info on if you can request or how to go about doing it. Anyhow, I hope this is alright

So, is this a place to request massbreeding? Because, I dunno if it's my pairing or not, but I've been trying to breed an avatar from a seragamma for a very long time and only got one (look) ...I foolishly gifted it away because I wanted a destro :\ I really need an avatar from this line to continue it, though.

I've tried adjusting the ratios myself, to no avail... I guess I don't have enough of them to make a dent.

I read the OP, but it doesn't seem to have a lot of info on if you can request or how to go about doing it. Anyhow, I hope this is alright

It's more of a discussion spot. Trying to figure out which commons need some major help in the ratio department. I'm not sure if Avatars breed as rare, uncommon or common though. That might be part of the issue.

Edit: I went through my pygmies and magelights and there's several nice eggs heading to the AP in a bit smile.gif

Edited by Vhale

Just to see how these are doing, I tried brimstones and sunstones and got the following results:

-3 no interest

-1 no egg produced

-8 brimstone

-5 sunstone

I also bred one brimstone to a striped river and got no interest.

For people testing pairs, be sure to record the difference between "No Interest" and "No Egg". They are very different things. "No Interest" is a flat rate failure, like a non-permanent refusal. Some people believe that it varies based on things such as breeding the same dragon too many times in a row, although this is impossible to verify. "No Egg" is the chance of neither the father's egg being created nor the mother's egg being created, in addition to not getting no interest or refusal. Fertility decreases the odds of getting this. PB Golds are very likely to get this, PB Olives are very unlikely to get it. Both Golds and Olives have the same "No Interest" rate.

tl;dr: "No Egg" is ratio-dependent, "No Interest" is not.

I just bred a bunch of Striped Rivers with the following:

Stone

2 Striped

Water

Mint

2 Undine

Gemshard (green)

Spessartine

Black Tea

another Striped River because I didn't pay attention

Hellhorse

... and got 10 Striped Rivers, 1 "no interest" (from the PB pair) and 1 Spessartine.

Basically, they are still annoyingly "unrare."

/kabump!

Now that the holidays are over I put Metal's 2g up for a raffle. If you want a chance at winning a shiny and to help the AP... biggrin.gif

I'm going to suggest spirit wards be added onto the list. I've been doing a couple breeding projects with them and it's pretty tough to get anything but that breed.

Stats from breeding Lunar Herald (gold) x spirit ward just a moment ago:

11 - spirit wards

0 - Lunar Heralds

4 - No interests

0 - No Eggs

My other project includes Spirit ward x horse and Hellhorse x spirit ward pairings and there have only been 3 non spirit ward offspring from them in the entirety of the project. I don't have exact stats, but to give an idea, I have 8 of each pairing which have been breeding since at least this past October. 2 horse offspring and 1 hellhorse with the rest being spirits.

Also I just went though some Olive x Terra breedings to give an idea on current stats:

12 - Olives

1 - Terra

1 - No interest

1 - No egg

And Waverunner x Moonstone from a mass breed:

35 - Waverunner

6 - Moonstone

11 - No interests

7 - No eggs

Edited by Daydreamer09

Just did one of my regular olive x seragamma breedings; results from 17 pairings are:

-1 new pair (refused)

-1 no interest

-10 olives

-5 seragammas

The ratios for striped rivers may be doing better. For a while I've been breeding them with grays for a project and it use to be I'd get a single gray egg out of 16 breedings a week. But the past few days I've had 4/10 breedings produce gray eggs with the other 6 being striped rivers.