Marrionetta

Regular Non-Dragon Egg Group Breed Releases

Just FYI, but the NDEG designation doesn't work for me either.. mostly because ND and EG are already in use. ND = Neglected Dragon. EG = even generation.

So NS would work better IMO... NS = non-standard.

I'd definitely like more NDEGs! I would kinda prefer them to be introduced in releases with other, regular dragons though... So that people who don't like NDEGs can still have something to collect.

Just FYI, but the NDEG designation doesn't work for me either.. mostly because ND and EG are already in use. ND = Neglected Dragon. EG = even generation.

So NS would work better IMO... NS = non-standard.

Agreed. However, I didn't come in here to debate semantics, but more non-standard dragons (or other stuff) getting released. smile.gif

The name doesn't matter much as long as you are contributing to the discourse in a meaningful way. I will continue to call them NDEG for the sake of ease and because of precedent set among the in cave artists I speak to on a regular basis.

That being said, I really do need to figure out how to set up a poll on the frequency of NDEG releases.

The following post is 95% silly, just a warning tongue.gif

Alternative acronym suggestions:

CHEWS can't have eggs with standards

SSSs super selective spouses

THDaPs two-headeds, drakes and pgymies

ANOCs alternative number of chromosomes*

MAUS mates aloof of usual selections

BEAU breed's eggs are unbiteable

*a second excuse for two species not being able to produce fertile offspring after the obvious

BEAU is actually kind of cute (though technically would include Dinos?).

Actually, are we considering Unbreedables in this at all? Hybrids seem to have gotten dragged in somehow.

Edited by ObsessedWithCats

NSBG works best, IMO--Non-Standard Breeding Groups.

~

I'd like to see at least one NSBG with most multi-dragon releases, plus two or three only-NSBG ones. If they are released more frequently, there will be more that can be done with them, popularity will increase, and more people will want to make them, increasing variety for TJ to choose from.

The name doesn't matter much as long as you are contributing to the discourse in a meaningful way. I will continue to call them NDEG for the sake of ease and because of precedent set among the in cave artists I speak to on a regular basis.

That being said, I really do need to figure out how to set up a poll on the frequency of NDEG releases.

I like the designation "non-standard" too but NDEG has been tossed around for a bit, so at least I know what they're referring to.

I find the limited choices in any of these categories inhibit me from forming lineage projects with them. Pygmies is the least discouraging, and they had a large release just of pygmies at one point. That gave us more options in that one swoop and seemed to encourage pygmy breeding.

I'd rather like to see a large release of each category of NDEGs this year, plus then mixing in at least one NDEG each release for awhile. (large = enough to make at least a dozen breeds in each category)

Something else I think would spark interest in these categories is rares in each.

For the purposes of this thread I'm going to assume that there are enough completed ones lurking about that are up to cave standards. I haven't checked at all, but some of our in-cave spriters are darn fast and if there aren't enough I bet they could fix that.

Don't want a poll, Marri-love. They don't tell us much. *hugs*

I believe TJ has disabled polls in suggestions, as such a small proportion of players is on forum at all, and even fewer (as a proportion) post in suggestions; he said at the time he finds the results of polls meaningless and prefers to read the thread.

I prefer non-standard as the description myself, and I want more of them.

Edited by fuzzbucket

BEAU breed's eggs are unbiteable

BEAU is actually kind of cute (though technically would include Dinos?).

Unbiteables seems like a nice term. smile.gif

And, yes, I feel like unbreedables should be included.

More NS/NDEGs yspls!!! I say at least one of one NS/NDEG type in every release or as close to as every release as possible. There aren't a whole lot of choices to release right now, but I think if we started pushing more regular releases and beefing up the NS/NDEG breeding pool and showing that they had a good chance of being released (public concepts, too), people would suggest them more and we'd get a bigger (public) pool to choose and release from.

(I personally like NS and then NDEG as choices for terms. Fairly easy to remember.)

I rather like Unbiteables. Or NSBG. I know the other term is in use, but not for that long? so it could be changed.

I would like to see more of them also. I don't know how many, though. I am probably one of the few people who does not want a constant influx of new breeds. Three a month is pushing it for me. Not because i don't like them, but because it is already very difficult to get the older eggs in breeding projects as is, and it will get worse with every new type we have. Unless things change. Like ratios...or me being able to have 12 egg slots and a corresponding number of hatchie slots. laugh.gif

I would love to seem them frequently released. While its certainly nice to request one of these types per monthly release, I know TJ often likes themes and that may be asking a bit too much brain work or just not work on certain months. If we could get one per monthly release, sure. That being said, I would like them to be released a lot more frequently. I may not use them all the time, but I know a lot of other people would love them, or would start to with more breed choices.

I know a lot of people were upset about not having other Drake mates they felt worthy of the Glacus breed (sorry for misspelling, and no offense meant to any other Drakes currently that have been released). I only point this out because people were so taken with the drake breed, and wanted to use it in lineages so badly, there were many protests to make them able to breed with normal dragons. So the interest is out there if we could have some nice variety, and would grow with such variety.

Besides, we need some more Thuwed breeding pair love for Two Heads and Drakes and Pygmies.

Finally, when we have multiple dragons in a new release, people freak out. If one of the breeds (or whatever amount) is a hybrid/NDEG/whatever, people who aren't interested in that combo can grab the ones they like and can freak out about space less. AND with hybrids, you will have the mass science search to discover the secret formula. So there are great incentives to including them in normal releases for all sides.

Edited by natayah

I don't want to see these released monthly. There are far too many other really gorgeous dragons to pick from. I have very little use for all three of them.

I don't want to see these released monthly. There are far too many other really gorgeous dragons to pick from. I have very little use for all three of them.

Me too. I'm actually not really interested in 2 head or drakes or pygmies, I want more dragons.

Maybe not monthly, but certainly more often than how many are released now. I would love to have more of these types, especially drakes. As far as I know we only have four kinds of drakes- three if you consider day and night glories to be part of the same breed.

Actually 5...ochredrakes, howlers, glaucus, greater spotted and glories...but more would be good

I was very happy to see the new pygmy because I do like it with other pygmies that exist already.

And to be completely biased, I have a pygmy on the completed list, and I would absolutely adore it if it made it into the cave. So the more pygmies, the better I'd say!

As for drakes and 2-heads, yeah, the issue with them like already said, and pygmies as well, is that I'm not interested in breeding them because there's so few combinations. And of those, not many really nice ones. As of right now, my CB pygmies, two-heads, and drakes are banished to the back of my scroll with my lineaged stuff simply because there's no interest in them. Gimme the goods!

There's a bunch of NDEGs in the completed section, actually; a good number of which I'd love to see show up in the cave.

As for releases, well, randomize it. If releasing multiple dragons at once, and there's a NDEG that would fit with the group, go for it.

....know what would be awesome? If there's a 'relationship' established between a dragon and a drake release, or a dragon and a pygmy release. Like... do dragons keep pets? biggrin.gif

Can't really see that working with a two-head, but do a little world building, say that 'X dragons and Y drakes tend to group together for Z reason, out of affection/dependency/etc' Or pygmies.

Actually 5...ochredrakes, howlers, glaucus, greater spotted and glories...but more would be good

I didn't know glaucus and howlers were drakes.

I really like releases with a mix of standard-breeding dragons and non-dragon-egg-group breeds. Like, of all the possible release configurations, I am happiest with 3 breeds, one standard, one NDEG, and a third in either category.

I'm not big on any of the non-standards, but a lot of that is I tend to focus on holiday lines more than anything, so obviously NSEGs aren't useful to me. My brother on the other hand is a rabid pygmy fan, not that he has been on recently to get the Magelights rolleyes.gif That said once I finish my collecting goals and get onto more lineage breeding, there are very few non-pygmy NSEG breed combos that I care for. I think some of the problem is when don't have any 'basics' in these groups (white, red, green, magi, black, pink etc are all fairly easy to build into lineages as they are relatively monochromatic).

I would like to say that I prefer to have 1-2 dragons per release -> 3 as a 'standard' number is too many imo. I'd rather see a 1 NSEG + 1 'other' totalling say 6 standard and 12-18 nonstandard throughout a one year period.

I'd like to see them released more frequently myself, although having only NSEGs in a release more than one or twice a year would probably get pretty obnoxious after a while. Having more breeds available for the groups would mean that they get more popular, which means more get suggested which means there's a higher chance that more make the cut and are released 9and the cycle repeats).

I'm going to give my personal opinion. NDEGs (first time I saw them referred as such, I like it) seem to be unpopular because they are breedable only between their own group. However, some of the most beautiful dragons are those (I love drakes), and I'm collecting the latest one (forgot their name, sorry, but they are gorgeous). The glaucus is absolutely beautiful, and the howler is amazing. The orcher, while my least favorite of the group is deffinitely beautiful in itself, and so are Night/Day glories.

I'm not a big fan of pigmies but the ones we have are also very pretty, and so are the two headed, specially the wyverns and the last ones.

The more of these breeds we get, the more lineages we can work on, which would mean these would grow in popularity. I've seen some very beautiful pigmy lineages, and I'm sure we'll soon see Hooktalons in amazing lineages as well. So I'm going for a yes, we should get more of these dragons.

As to whether we should include them in releases with common dragons, why not? I see no reason against doing it.

Not only do I want more - the more we have the less drama about WANT LINEAGE waaah, but prepare to hit me - I'd rather like a few holiday drakes. Why not? No one shrieks about the pumpkins - is that only cos they are so old and people used to grouch less? xd.png

Edited by fuzzbucket

I'd guess it was because originally they weren't breedable, so when they got updated to the pygmy group, people were just happy to be able to make lineages with them at all.

But I wasn't around for that, so I can't be sure. It's just the impression that I get from the people who were.