Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Locked again.  I get 1 space in 10 hours, then another long wait. 

Hoping that people grabbed and tossed the new Valentine eggs into the AP, as I didn't get any as I couldn't give up the room.

26 minutes ago, PrincessLucy said:

Locked again.  I get 1 space in 10 hours, then another long wait. 

Hoping that people grabbed and tossed the new Valentine eggs into the AP, as I didn't get any as I couldn't give up the room.

I'm pretty sure they drop for 3 days :) so at least your "bad luck" is turning around? xD

7 hours ago, boscodelta said:

I'm pretty sure they drop for 3 days :) so at least your "bad luck" is turning around? xD

They do, but I want Valentine's Day Valentine eggs. I did the same at Christmas and easily got eggs. 

I hate new eggs, as they tie up a scroll space for 5 days.

My scroll is basically "The more the merrier"/"Gotta catch 'em all". Well, except for neglected/undead.

I really never realized how compulsive I am until I started playing DC.

Edited by PrincessLucy

Ugh.

Okay, seriously Dragon Cave Encyclopedia?! You’re seriously asking me to view 89 more adult Tsunami Wyvern?!  Are you kidding me?!

Tsunami Wyvern

I've been trying since September last year to produce a 2G Mistlet from this pair in hopes of then breeding it with a 2G Lightning I traded for. As you can see, it's been going very well for me. : )

Screenshot 2023-02-20 141220.png

On 2/15/2023 at 6:03 AM, PrincessLucy said:

They do, but I want Valentine's Day Valentine eggs. I did the same at Christmas and easily got eggs. 

I hate new eggs, as they tie up a scroll space for 5 days.

My scroll is basically "The more the merrier"/"Gotta catch 'em all". Well, except for neglected/undead.

I really never realized how compulsive I am until I started playing DC.

New releases are starting to drop in the AP! 

My Geode egg got view-bombed to death on Silvi’s. It died even though I fogged it.

My current bad luck...I missed out on getting the new dragon released on Valentines Day.  That stunning Xocoatl Dragon...I would love one for my collection.  :(  I am new and did not realize that when they release a new egg, It is the only one available...I thought it was some sort of glitch.  

10 minutes ago, C2C4EVER said:

My current bad luck...I missed out on getting the new dragon released on Valentines Day.  That stunning Xocoatl Dragon...I would love one for my collection.  :(  I am new and did not realize that when they release a new egg, It is the only one available...I thought it was some sort of glitch.  

you can still try to get them from the abandoned page, they show up there sometimes. sometime today/tomorrow there should be a wall of them there, so as long as you keep an eye on the ap you'll be able to get some xocoatls

2 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

New releases are starting to drop in the AP! 

Thank you. I got mine.

22 minutes ago, C2C4EVER said:

Plenty of time for that. They are showing occasionally in the AP, but there will be a glut of them coming thru after the eggs bred on the 14th, as Xocoatl dropped for 3 days. There will be a ton of hatchlings too.

My current bad luck is my inability to catch 2nd gens lately. 

It is mostly messy or 3rd gen + checkers. Not that I mind having them on my scroll, but I don't want them to take up a hatchling space for 3 days.

I am NOT asking for anything. I already have over 100 for 2023 Val season, including my 18 frozen. I am retired and have plenty of time to hunt.

Edited to add: My luck is changing already. One of the 6 I just hatched is 2nd gen and one of the 5 I just grabbed is 2nd gen.

Edited by PrincessLucy

I can’t find a cb Val 09 in the AP— & it’s the last one I need to complete my Valentines collection 🙄

1 hour ago, mishhelle said:

I can’t find a cb Val 09 in the AP— & it’s the last one I need to complete my Valentines collection 🙄

That stinks, and most of us have our 2 so can't help.

Hopefully you can find one this year, or next year at the least.

---

My bad luck is that I am locked. 7 hours or so until I get an opening.

I am afraid that I will miss the wall of hatchlings be being locked. I  am hoing it holds off a while longer.

I got all excited to have fished a 3EG RA x Garland from the AP, as a mate for a Garland I already have...

...only to realize that the two are siblings.  D'oh!

My dark green didn't alt. I have three dark green eggs waiting to hatch and three black eggs to hatch as well.

So far my blacks are not alting.

Anyone getting alt blacks atm?

Edited by Cireth

On 2/20/2023 at 7:10 AM, Stormfriend said:

My Geode egg got view-bombed to death on Silvi’s. It died even though I fogged it.

Sorry to hear that happened. During holiday breeding my eggs/hatchlings spend more time fogged than viewed, as I hate when that happens.

14 hours ago, Kelkelen said:

I got all excited to have fished a 3EG RA x Garland from the AP, as a mate for a Garland I already have...

...only to realize that the two are siblings.  D'oh!

Drats. I have done that too, and I usually only notice when it is time to try breeding them together.

13 hours ago, Cireth said:

My dark green didn't alt. I have three dark green eggs waiting to hatch and three black eggs to hatch as well.

So far my blacks are not alting.

Anyone getting alt blacks atm?

I haven't caught any blacks to try lately, though I saw one up for trade a few days ago. I got a messy alt Dark Green yesterday, but I gave it away as nobody bid on it and I needed the space.

7 hours ago, Shadowdrake said:

Forgot about a large batch of low-times and they all died. :(

Wow! Sorry that happened. Do you ever try to make neglecteds? If not you may want to have someone watch your scroll for you when you get busy. If you do try to make neglecteds, this will ruin your experiments.

By watch, I mean view your scroll and put it into a hatchery or 2, and remove stuff after it hatches, and make sure stuff has enough views to grow. I am NOT suggesting that someone log in for you. That is very much against the rules.

You could always set a timer on your cellphone to remind you to check.

On 2/18/2023 at 2:27 AM, Data_Girl_3 said:

Ugh.

Okay, seriously Dragon Cave Encyclopedia?! You’re seriously asking me to view 89 more adult Tsunami Wyvern?!  Are you kidding me?!

Tsunami Wyvern

I have over 40, and you are welcome to view them to get you closer to unlocking it.

https://dragcave.net/group/225342-a-boy-named-tsu

Here is the scroll link if you need to look at anything else.

https://dragcave.net/user/PrincessLucy

---------------------

Now, my turn.

Locked. Again.

Of course, The first thing I will do when I am unlocked is lock myself again.

This is going to sound like a rant (because that's what I wrote it as) but this actually happened to me yesterday and I copied it from a post I made in the general discussion thread when I was angry (after not looking hard enough for something like this). Anyway, this is what happened to me.

First off, I want to start with the fact that I live in Australia and so do not live in the same timezone as Dragon Cave. Last night,  20/2/23, I managed to accumilate enough gems to get myself a staterae egg from the market. I was extatic. I had worked hard to get it, even going through price fluctuations. I got off the game, continued with life, went to bed, went out the next morning (21/2) for the day, thinking that it would be fine, sick at most. I got home, hopped back on the game,  and found 4300 gems down the drain. The egg was dead. It wasn't even a day old. I'd only put it up on one click site (silvi's lair), too. To add salt into the wound, it was my first egg death in years. Now I've got to wait essentially another year until I can try again.  This is one very unhappy camper. And I know I seem calm about it now, but when I first saw it I was livid.

I'm upset. today at the egg spawn I was on the volcano. two eggs spawned there: Ember and Magma. I mixed up the descriptions. so I took Ember instead of Magma and was on the limit, so I had to Just watch as Magma's egg was taken right out from under my nose. (Sorry for bad English)

I didn't check lineages in advance to see what I needed to try to collect for Valentine's Day.

I did great on catching and trading stuff, and ended up with 138 adults, but only 2 of them were what I needed for current breeding projects.

This kills me because I had looked thru all my unsorted dragons and listed everything that I had that needed a Valentine's mate, and didn't look at it once.  *sigh*

Not really bad luck so much as rudeness and inconvenience, but I came back from teaching to find someone tried to nuke a SAlt I had in the trading post (luckily they failed and I already had the egg influenced). People like this are why I keep my scroll permanently hidden now 💢

I also just noticed someone had added all my visible growing things to hatcheries that I don't really use myself. Luckily they were all unharmed when I found this out! I only wonder what I did to make that person so annoyed at me...

*makes sad face*

I wasn't trying for a neglected, though the last time I picked up a really low timed egg, the egg turned but died.

This time the egg died with 700 views 64 unique views and 7 clicks. It didn't turn.

I just wanted to hatch the egg and have a hatchling.

Didn't realize I was egg-locked yet and I finally got a 2G Gold from my Gold x Falconiform pair, only to watch it get auto abandoned.