Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Decided to breed all 260 of my summoned Scourgekeepers, just for fun.

Got 3 eggs.

Spent all my market points on Vespine eggs and not a single white. Just want one more caveborn, so I at least have a pair. DX

Then I stared at a silver in the biomes for too long and missed it.

Huh. So, even though it says on the trading page that the egg is for free, my offer got rejected? Perhaps I’m misunderstanding something….

Edited by Data_Girl_3

Ok, so I don't know if this is bad luck, or if it's just me not understanding how common dragons work anymore, but I'm working on a stair step song lyric lineage that will be coming from both directions to meet in the middle. I didn't intend to pick super commons, but after playing around with the song and the way certain dragons are facing, I landed on male thundersnow dragons and female frostbite dragons. This was super convenient as these are breeds that I see in the alpine and the AP all the time, and in the market both breeds are available for only 100 shards.

"Perfect," I think. "These should breed pretty evenly between the two as they seem to be of a same common level!" 

Noooope. I've breed at least 20 of these so far, 19 of them have been thundersnows. I haven't even been able to start the frostbite stair, because none of my CB pairs (that I'm adding to constantly) have ever thrown a frostbite. Is there a rarity disparity that I'm missing? Or a breeding mechanic? Or am I just having bad luck? I swear, I find frostbites CB slightly more frequently, so it's weird I cannot seem to breed them.

40 minutes ago, BlueCanary1 said:

Or a breeding mechanic? Or am I just having bad luck?

Look at the Screenshot Thread. This happens to a number iof players.

Been trying to catch a CB forest astreal for 2 days and kept missing it, was finally fast enough just now, and realized I was egglocked so i was hunting for nothing lol

Trying to breed a Rainbow Copper to a Lightning for a Pennybright. Personal breeding project. Tried for the third time just now, with Fertility on both, and still no egg 😞 Figuring it’s the Cave balances; I’ll keep trying.

LoL someone put my dragons into clicksite. Anyways, not very destructive, only lock my megi until 11am and give a few view to an egg I decided to trade and a fodder would be gender. :nyan: Not like a normal view-boom, according to the hatching time seem like it happened before 12-13H and used only 1 site. I just treat it someone want to help but cause some bad effects.:shades:

So i got view bombed normally this has little affect but i lost 4 eggs. Mostly halloween mate breeding two of which i already bred replacements one i need to wait for mine to come off cd to breed the replacement but one i had been trying for months to breed and i finally got it for someone to kill it.

It sucks to lose it but i will eventually breed another. It is sad that someone is so immature as to kill someones eggs for what? Jealousy maybe? Pettiness for sure.

Here is the thing scrollbomber

This is not RL its just a game so if you think you dealt me some big blow. Think again. Grow up and get a real life.

Anyway i will now be hiding all my dragons from now on.

I just missed an astrael egg in the cave, which alone would be nothing new - but this one had my surname in its code!

Okay, with the number zero instead of an o, but that's still amazingly close for a four-letter name. Wow.

I keep misclicking, tried to breed some new astraels to the AP and they aren't all even-gen because apparently I can't click properly. And unluckily they didn't refuse so I'm definitely going to breed the wrong pairs together again 😭

Out of 38 attempts at breeding a white Vespine, I got just two.  Only few no-breeds, so there's a lot of yellow gone to the AP.

CB Astreal!

You are overburdened and decide not to stress yourself...

No, I want to stress myself!

Had what looked like some really nice offers on my Astrael, but rather than 'view' the first egg I clicked on, I somehow managed to double click and instead hit 'cancel' and removed all the offers in one go 🤦‍♂️

You attempt to breed the two dragons, but no egg is produced.

Wanted to catch a sonata dragon from the volcano and - caught a magnesium amphiptere instead. <__< 

I got a breeding pair of CB Summer Seasonals, but they just don't show interest in each other. Four times in a row. I need them to produce an autumn seasonal in Fall so they better make up their minds. Purples have not helped.

Another bad luck: I didn't see a cb pink for another lineage project for an entire week of hunting, so I finally caved and got one in the market. I immediately found a CB pink in the alpine after that. At least I have two now but I am incredibly frustrated.

16 hours ago, Edenello said:

but they just don't show interest in each other. frustrated.

Breeding has been messed up for years. Since Cantors were introduced or before? If you look in the screenshot thread, you'll see examples of a pair producing a single breed over and over and over and over. 

Getting a 2G Trio (Ice, Magma, Thunder) or a Scourge egg requires an act of Congress.

I have a CB Tinsel who throws prizekin so often that I think he's fogotten he is a Prize.

Aw no! I stupidly didn’t realize that the hatchling I was dropping onto the abandoned page was one I was planning on gifting to a friend! And to my knowledge, there’s no way to get it back!

I'm not even an avid code collector, but I got two codes that go together wonderfully! Right after each other too!

I was going to name their offspring some variation of 'november', but I just realised, while they are male and female, I would have needed them genderswapped for the full effect. Such a shame.

https://dragcave.net/view/6yyNO

https://dragcave.net/view/N2u7t

I may have to do a checker or something to make this work...