Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

Not exactly unlucky, but frustrating -- metallic eggs are so hard!  At 3 days and 18 hours, 1,900 views, and not a crack!

Screenshot_20230115_235311_Firefox.jpg

I've had two hard to get perfect pairs refuse each other...

And 5 other pairs not produce anything.

Well maybe more total stupidity rather than bad luck lol. I finally got around to finishing getting all the Cantomaris variants by trading for my last orange one. It hatched today and wasn't orange. What did I do as soon as I got it? Premonitioned it to see what gender it was. *facepalm*

I premonition my dragons so much that when the Cantomaris breed first came out I thought the red one was the basic version, because I'd premonitioned everything. Finally looked it up after I couldn't get the pink version lol. I still have more red than any other colour (and now I have one more!). XD

On 1/4/2023 at 3:46 PM, Impulsive_Egg said:

you should wait at least 12 hours before adding a new egg to a clicksite, or they'll get sick and die

first time i've ever had this problem, and i've always immediately added them to a clicksite. hasn't happened again fortunately. 

8 hours ago, dawnhearts said:

first time i've ever had this problem, and i've always immediately added them to a clicksite. hasn't happened again fortunately. 

I think it depends on the clicksite. I use Egg Drop Soup and Hatching Club. If I use EDS first then wait for HC eggs are fine. Other way round they get sick and have to be fogged.

I need a couple CB tan Ridgewings for a breeding project and keep turning up purple ones.

Also, said project is a 6-G hybrid lineage and I keep getting normals, not hybrids. About 1 breeding in 3 results in a hybrid.

My Blacks are refusing to alt. Some of my dragons are being really stubborn about giving me eggs and my lineage spreadsheets are getting out of control.

1 minute ago, Cireth said:

My Blacks are refusing to alt. Some of my dragons are being really stubborn about giving me eggs and my lineage spreadsheets are getting out of control.

The alts seem to favor popping up in messy lineages. 

2 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

The alts seem to favor popping up in messy lineages. 

Sometimes.

"You try to write the name, but the ink disappears as you write, so you decide to try something else.

The name you entered contains inappropriate words and cannot be used."

TJ has apparently introduced a censor bot for names. I get it. It's much easier than manually combing for and removing them. Unfortunately the censor bot is very stupid.

There is nothing inappropriate about a name I want, Siciltame, but it insists there is and won't let me have it. It's an Elvish name (means Dagger/Knife maker). Elvish names are my name theme. It will let me have it if I mispell it Sicilltame. But I don't want to mispell it!!!!!!!!!!!! 😭

ARGH!!!!

What else is bot randomly going to decide it dislikes? This is going to make naming so much more difficult. 😕

Lost my first attempt at a CB Pink Sapphire egg. Felt so bad afterward. (It had been a rough day already). Second attempt was lost as well. Got a third I might attempt but I'm highly doubtful I'll ever be able to get my own ...

Edit: Someone added my trade egg to a view site without my permission (and I'm not accepting help).

And to top it all off: My blue Sapphire hatchling went and turned YELLOW when she grew up, ruining the lineage she came from.

Edited by DarthDestiny07
Didn't want to double post

Well, I have about 400 more dragons to check and sort for my "regular" (non 2-heads, pygmies, etc) to be documented.

Today, my computer decides that it won't keep the date/time correctly, I need to hard refresh for every change I make. Just all sorts of problems.

I am hoping that it can be quickly repaired. I will be at the repair shop at 9 AM tomorrow morning.

*sigh*

My plan for today was to go thru the last of the dragons, especially to make sure that I will be set for Valentine's breeding, but I am instead printing the important files.

This is probably pretty common but the first four dragons of a breed that I get a lot of times being one gender. (Not V-Day dragons) 💔

26 minutes ago, Cheesecake_Raccoon said:

This is probably pretty common but the first four dragons of a breed that I get a lot of times being one gender. (Not V-Day dragons) 💔

This has been a problem the last few years. Some scrolls want to produce more dragons of a single gender. I noticed it became a problem after DC's code was tweaked for new releases. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but having an equal male and female Pinks to influence the outcome seems to help it not be so lopsided. 

3 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This has been a problem the last few years. Some scrolls want to produce more dragons of a single gender. I noticed it became a problem after DC's code was tweaked for new releases. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but having an equal male and female Pinks to influence the outcome seems to help it not be so lopsided. 

Funnily enough, my pink dragons are part of the curse. I just got a male pink after four females. Overall I have an even ratio, it's just a species thing. The four mints, and seasonal summers I have are all male and I managed to get five male white dragons in a row. The four black, (but I caught like three as hatchlings on the AP) Royal Crimson, Sunset/rise and Gemshard dragons are all female. I have six purple dragons who gendered male, female, male, so on. It might just be early scroll hijinks, (I only have 400~ dragons) and bad RNG. I'll experiment after V-Day because I have some three dragon one gender species. Let's see if the curse is real!

7 hours ago, Long_Before_Sunrise said:

This curse only strikes me with specific breeds.  (I'm pretty sure I have *never* had an uninfluenced Magma egg hatch out female!) 

I suspect it's just the luck of the random draw, but it is kinda funny when it goes on long enough to be improbable!  :D 

My bad luck is that no matter how many sweetlings I pick up from the AP they're all from pink sweets when I need them from black/alts since I have a black one on my scroll, I did catch a CB stat tho last night for the first time (but that's not fitting for this thread lol😅)

I'm still waiting for something to be done about the sinomorph gender ratios! I stopped raising zyus and just trying to summon more rather early on, after getting my sixth male. I have no plans for any zyu/sino lines but my inner collector would like to have that one female sinomorph and then be done with it. 😹

I've only seen like...4-5 Vermeils this entire event? Most of them were from AP. I just saw my first CB one and I missed it completely. :(

I can't seem to be able to catch any CB Vermeil... I was only able to grab a 2g from the AP (beautiful lineage but still... I want my CB xD)

I bred my Vermeil with a Fever Wyvern that I thought was CB... based on my own naming pattern... which I'd messed up.  :(  No Vermeil x Fever this year for me! 

21 minutes ago, Kelkelen said:

I bred my Vermeil with a Fever Wyvern that I thought was CB... based on my own naming pattern... which I'd messed up.  :(  No Vermeil x Fever this year for me! 

Can't offer mine anymore, but try the valentine lineage aid center and see if anyone has one still available and is online. It's always annoying when you mess up a time limited lineage you were looking forward to. :( But there's tons of kind and helpful people here! 

3 minutes ago, Reykur said:

Can't offer mine anymore, but try the valentine lineage aid center and see if anyone has one still available and is online. It's always annoying when you mess up a time limited lineage you were looking forward to. :( But there's tons of kind and helpful people here! 

Aw, thanks!  That's a good idea.  I just feel bad that I don't have any of my Valentine's dragons left to offer to breed in exchange!