Gruff

What is your current bad luck.

I've been hunting Mistras for five days.

I have caught ONE.  It's the only one I've seen.  In all that time, there's been exactly one put up for trade that I've spotted, too.  (I didn't offer, because it was a cool code and the trader wanted too much for it.)

Are Mistras a rare breed now!?    *grump grump*

Two of my dragons that bred during Halloween have now rejected each other (since I forgot you had to use fertility afterwards to ensure that doesn't happen), which is a little fustrating given I found a Pumpkin dragon this year that I could have bred a mate for from those two dragons.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:31 PM, sorenna said:

I've been hunting Mistras for five days.

I have caught ONE.  It's the only one I've seen.  In all that time, there's been exactly one put up for trade that I've spotted, too.  (I didn't offer, because it was a cool code and the trader wanted too much for it.)

Are Mistras a rare breed now!?    *grump grump*

I feel this pain all too well. I’ve been trying to breed a Mistra from two checker pairs for months now...

None of the lineages projects I'm working on have been giving me the right eggs for weeks and every strange markings egg I've found is always a Frill not a Horse

Missed a Paper a few minutes ago. Saw the description, stared at it for a second, but my brain apparently failed to register what exactly I was seeing (I was looking for Luminoxes and thus had those on the mind instead) and switched to the next biome. Of course, reality hit me less than a second later, but by then it was obviously already too late. First one I ever saw in the wild too. :(

Trying to hunt the AP when it's been at 1 day and change for almost 48 hours now. NOT a happy bunny.

Does it count as bad luck that a pair of dragons kept giving you the wrong color egg until you realized one of the parents was the wrong dragon?

Also, given that I was going to send them to the AP anyways - is it really bad luck that all my vampire bites were auto-kicked by the other dragons?

So I saw two eggs in the biomes at the same time: one of them was "CuCc" and other was "COCc". I found that hilarious, and wanted to pick them up and maybe gift them to as a breeding pair to someone who'd find it equally funny.

But the other egg turned out to be an Ochredrake. 😑 Wow I got absolutely blindsided that this shared description also includes a dang drake?! Okay, I really hate that.

I wonder if there's still any point to offer the two as a bundle...

No matter what I offer in trade, or how much I've searched the habitats, I'm unable to get a staterae. Breeding hasn't produced any either, and I don't have enough shards to get one from the market... 😖

Four weeks of trying to breed a 2G holiday mate, and I've had a total of 1 egg, which was the wrong color.

That's 2 breedings each week, *with* Fertility for most of them, for 4 weeks.  I think these dragons just hate me, personally, and want to ruin my Christmas.  They're grinches!  :P 

Edited by sorenna

Been gifted a 2g Gold Tinsel from white wing Snow angel exactly as I dreamed, only to get it sick after a day and in the end, being so focused on hiding it and healing it from sickness, totally forgot to influence it male, thus ruining completely its value since snow angels are an only female breed 😭😭😭 yesterday has been a very sad day… 😞💔

Two (!!!!) Saltkins just slipped through my fingers in the AP, after I missed Infinis' Salts this morning!!!! 😭

Looking through the AP for regular CB eggs that people threw out to grab holidays or clear the cave, but instead I keep running into minor walls of bred eggs of the same species. Right now it's a conga line of Algarres... And with only one non-holiday row, it's always a drag to wait for those to get cleared out so I can see some other eggs. I also don't have the patience to grab, hatch, and throw back walls of the same breed. ^^'

Trades.
Asking for a bloodswap and someone offers an egg from the exact same pair. Yes indeed pair not pairing.
Asking for various holiday 2Gs, getting an offer that I technically really like. But it's a sibling from a clutch I bred myself.

So yes, I am kind of offered what I asked for, but unluckily still nothing I actually need.

Not really bad luck, but I caught a thuwed from the AP, and the person who bred it abandoned it when there's one day left... so since this is a rare random find I have to rush to save the egg by adding it to hatcheries, which could potentially make my other dragons sick. I know I could just use the BSA to protect them from illness but still

14 hours ago, requiesticat said:

Not really bad luck, but I caught a thuwed from the AP, and the person who bred it abandoned it when there's one day left... so since this is a rare random find I have to rush to save the egg by adding it to hatcheries, which could potentially make my other dragons sick. I know I could just use the BSA to protect them from illness but still

Why would it make your other dragons sick?  Every hatchery I know of allows you to control which eggs you add, so there's no reason that any of them should gain views just because some other egg needs them.  Which hatcheries are you using?

Posted (edited)

17 hours ago, sorenna said:

Why would it make your other dragons sick?  Every hatchery I know of allows you to control which eggs you add, so there's no reason that any of them should gain views just because some other egg needs them.  Which hatcheries are you using?

Greg kennedy and Allure OND. Sometimes the hatching club. Egg drop soup isn't all that reliable at times, but I've been using that site for years so I'd prefer to stick with it.

Edited by requiesticat

I just missed a CB Magma (need one more for scroll goals) AND a CB STATERAE within 10 seconds 😭

I thought I had grabbed an absolutely amazing code, but it was a failed game of "is it an I or an l?"

I picked up three Vespines during the last five hours. All of them yellow. I’m now at 24/0 for white Vespines. Or maybe 22, I think I picked up two yellows from the AP. 

Wow, a CB Astreal, CB Cantor, CB Genshard and a CB Red all within a few seconds and I missed all of them. :(