rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

What if when somebody caught an egg, it became theirs, and if they didn't enter the captcha within x number of seconds (thirty? A minute? Would not want to make somebody lose their first CB gold due to undecipherable captchas), the egg was dropped back into the cave for somebody else to catch.

I think that is a great idea... Having time to type in the code with multiple chances to figure out the captcha (because some captchas are extremely hard to see) would be acceptable IMO.

I haven't caught a CB metallic in forever, however my co-worker AND his daughter have when he had to work the overnight shift a bunch this past month. The computers at work are new and a ton faster than mine at home. I've seen a lot more silvers for trade (and had a handful gifted/glomped on me, whereas golds seem to be non-existent ATM. I don't think there should be a limit to how many you can have, but implementing the captcha sounds like it would eliminate the advantage that cheaters may have. Just my opinion. smile.gif

I'm against the captcha suggestion, if only because it will lead to some people losing their hard-won eggs. How many times during a mass drop (like for Halloween or a new release) do you check whether you got an egg or not?

And, if you click on a gold during the hourly lag, it's very well possible that the captcha page takes several minutes to load - by which time the egg would be gone because you hadn't entered your captcha in time - even if you were the first person to click on it.

As much as I'd like to see cheaters stopped, captcha isn't the way to do it.

I think that is a great idea... Having time to type in the code with multiple chances to figure out the captcha (because some captchas are extremely hard to see) would be acceptable IMO.

I haven't caught a CB metallic in forever, however my co-worker AND his daughter have when he had to work the overnight shift a bunch this past month. The computers at work are new and a ton faster than mine at home. I've seen a lot more silvers for trade (and had a handful gifted/glomped on me, whereas golds seem to be non-existent ATM. I don't think there should be a limit to how many you can have, but implementing the captcha sounds like it would eliminate the advantage that cheaters may have. Just my opinion. smile.gif

Although the idea sounds effective, it will also be annoying. Just imagine that for every egg you catch in the cave you have to enter a captcha, for a common, uncommon, rare... That would make you think twice to catch any egg, making commons even less desirable, and making the biomes move even less. Thats an overall thing, but for an individual thing, imagine you are searching for a CB uncommon (a black, for example) for a lineage, and you finally get one, then you have to enter that damn captcha, but unfortunately, for any reason, you fail, making you lose the egg, and re-try catching it in the cave, in hopes that no one else gets it before you.

What I think is one of the best things to do is: bring more rares and metallics to the mix.

The reasoning is simple: we only have 4 or 6 rare dragons (the gold wyvern, the coppers -though some say they are uncommons-, the gold, the silver, the alpine and coast pyralspites, the blusang, and maybe some other I may be forgetting), 4 of those are "metallic" rare (which makes them more desirable); only that bit of rares, against almost 90 commons and uncommons, and since they are commons and uncommons they keep getting more every month, while rares have been the same since at least 1 year, 6 months minimum.

Although the idea sounds effective, it will also be annoying. Just imagine that for every egg you catch in the cave you have to enter a captcha, for a common, uncommon, rare... That would make you think twice to catch any egg, making commons even less desirable, and making the biomes move even less. Thats an overall thing, but for an individual thing, imagine you are searching for a CB uncommon (a black, for example) for a lineage, and you finally get one, then you have to enter that damn captcha, but unfortunately, for any reason, you fail, making you lose the egg, and re-try catching it in the cave, in hopes that no one else gets it before you.

What I think is one of the best things to do is: bring more rares and metallics to the mix.

The reasoning is simple: we only have 4 or 6 rare dragons (the gold wyvern, the coppers -though some say they are uncommons-, the gold, the silver, the alpine and coast pyralspites, the blusang, and maybe some other I may be forgetting), 4 of those are "metallic" rare (which makes them more desirable); only that bit of rares, against almost 90 commons and uncommons, and since they are commons and uncommons they keep getting more every month, while rares have been the same since at least 1 year, 6 months minimum.

Oh, I just meant for metallics since everyone is complaining that some people are hoarding them or cheating to get them.

A captcha on egg catching would cause me to leave the site. Period. I don't hunt the biomes much, and I traded for all but 2 of my CB metals, but that extra step is a real turn off. AND I've lost track of how many times I've seen a captcha, typed it in right, only to find out that oops! That n wasn't an n.... it was an m partly behind something. Or other equally irritating issues.

There are other ways to defeat the cheaters. Such as.... have the descriptions of each egg be the "captcha". Ie, on the Biomes page an image generated with the normal description but with added dots and whatnot meant to defeat scripters. That way, a human will see it clearly.... But a bot won't.

And it adds no extra step to irritate the userbase.

Cheers!

C4.

Edited by cyradis4

Oh, I just meant for metallics since everyone is complaining that some people are hoarding them or cheating to get them.

Its difficult to make something happen just for a certain breed. It would have to be all or nothing.

I just think that ratios need to be fixed, metallic and most rare dragon's rarity can be dropped just a smidge, and the addition of new rares would make life all the better. Its that simple. Once they become more accessible they people will be able to get them. Unless cheaters have like 20-30 different scrolls to hoard eggs from I don't think that dropping their rarity will make them get them all. They will slip and hopefully someone will have a lucky day. On top of that fixing ratios will make breeding so much nicer not just for rares but for common x common as well.

If we can fix that triangle of problems I think we can fix our issue of not being able to catch the rares we want or need.

Could you please elaborate? I'd really like to know the reason for your stance.

Initially I had wrote more but erased after realizing that many of the reasons had been already brought up by others.

Right now there's a trading value pyramid with 2nd Gen Prizes on top, CB Golds a couple of levels below (for the purpose of this rant, I'm intentionally ignoring NDs and 2nd Gen spriter's), CB silvers two or three levels down from the Golds - I've been reading people offering 3 CB Silver for 1 CB Gold. Coppers and Almandines/Spessartines seem to not have value unless they are CB, so in my opinion, they are even lower than CB Silvers. Considering that pyramid, I reached two conclusions: 1 ) if the rarity of the metals is decreased, there will be even harder to trade for 2nd Gen Prizes so I'm against that; 2) we need more, different, rares to fill those empty levels between Prizes and Golds, between Golds and Silvers etc.

So, I had brought this up somewhere else, but I figured I'd offer it here, (no matter how people may not like it);

What if we limit the number of CB rares someone can grab per month?- Nothing unreasonable, but something that would only be in the range of someone cheating by running a script (like if someone is using a script to catch 7 CB rares every 4 days (56 per month, for example)). So I'd say maybe put the limit at 25 or 30? It's high enough that people who may just be very lucky or good can still get their properly earned amount, but it stops scripters from completely cleaning out the place.

That's actually a fairly reasonable limit, imo, although I'd need to see what the average of a normal person grabbing them would be per month to be more sure of my stance. It certainly seems to be about the right amount for a normal person with fast speed and good luck would get.

V i believe TJ has stated that the only true rares that appear in the cave are Golds and Silvers.

Edited by Guillotine

By rares you just mean Golds and Silvers, right? I'd hate to be locked out of grabbing a Gold that shows up because I really needed a bunch of trios for a breeding project that month. Trios are easy to fill up on if you have a good amount of time to hunt.

By rares you just mean Golds and Silvers, right? I'd hate to be locked out of grabbing a Gold that shows up because I really needed a bunch of trios for a breeding project that month. Trios are easy to fill up on if you have a good amount of time to hunt.

Yeah, Golds and Silvers are the ones that are really rare. Trios I've seen plenty of still, and don't seem to be in quite as much demand to the point of being near impossible to get.

The average player? I caught one Gold in 2011 and one in 2013. That's one about every 2.33 years. Years. Not months. Same for Silvers. Many people as active as I am over the same period have never caught a CB Gold. Some haven't even seen a CB Gold. Catching rares at 25 to 30 a month seems insanely high to me.

Oh kind user you have no idea of the qualms of breeding with a prize dragon. Yes breeding Prize x Rare will more often than not guarantee you something nice regardless of outcome, but as many have said, take a look at most average users' scrolls. Tell me of all the golds, coppers, silvers, Coastal Pyralspites and Alpine Pyralspites they own. They dont. Most users don't have the propper access to a gold to continue a gold x prize line or a coat pyralspite to continue a coast pyral x prize line. Those are worthless to the recipient because they cannot propperly continue the line and either trade for something useful or gift to others.

I can't tell if you're trying to flame me, but you might want to rethink what you're saying. Coppers, trios, Blusangs, etc, are well with-in the reach of "regular players". I've caught four Coppers myself, along with literally dozens of trios/blusangs/GWs. I don't even spend that much time in-cave. While CB Golds, Silvers, and Almandine/Spessartine Pyralspites are definitely very much out-of-reach of a large percentage of DC, most anything (CB) below that is not. I went to the new release thread, the best random sample I could think of, and skipped to near the middle. I went through and opened 20 different scrolls. Each one of them, including one without a trophy, and two with a bronze trophy, had at least two CB "rares" (Blusangs, trios, GWs, Coppers, etc). All of these breed equally well, if not better with prizes than Silvers and Golds do. My *second* CB dragon I caught was a GW. They're practically uncommons.

Also, Spessartine/Almandine Pyralspites breed horribly with prizes. Why a person would need to own one of those to continue a Prize x Copper line is beyond me.

Edited by The_Bucket

I can't tell if you're trying to flame me, but you might want to rethink what you're saying. Coppers, trios, Blusangs, etc, are well with-in the reach of "regular players". I've caught four Coppers myself, along with literally dozens of trios/blusangs/GWs. I don't even spend that much time in-cave. While CB Golds, Silvers, and Almandine/Spessartine Pyralspites are definitely very much out-of-reach of a large percentage of DC, most anything (CB) below that is not. I went to the new release thread, the best random sample I could think of, and skipped to near the middle. I went through and opened 20 different scrolls. Each one of them, including one without a trophy, and two with a bronze trophy, had at least two CB "rares" (Blusangs, trios, GWs, Coppers, etc). All of these breed equally well, if not better with prizes than Silvers and Golds do. My *second* CB dragon I caught was a GW. They're practically uncommons.

Also, Spessartine/Almandine Pyralspites breed horribly with prizes. Why a person would need to own one of those to continue a Prize x Copper line is beyond me.

There's a very slight difference in rarity between trios, blusangs, golden wyverns and brown coppers on one hand and golds, silvers, green and red coppers, spessartines and almandines. If you already count blusangs or GW as "rares", why don't you add pebbles and mints to your list?

And the problem is that, if you breed your (hypothetical) CB prize with any of the truly rare breeds (gold, silver, green copper, spessartine and almandine, maybe even red coppers), you've got better chances at getting something nice and shiny - but pretty bad chances at trading said shiny because most people cannot continue such a lineage.

And, no, of course nobody would need any kind of pyralspite in order to continue a prize x copper line - but they'd need just the right kind of copper, usually CB, or the offspring is pretty much worthless to lineage breeders. And they'd definitely need the respective pyralspite for a prize x pyralspite line.

Initially I had wrote more but erased after realizing that many of the reasons had been already brought up by others.

Right now there's a trading value pyramid with 2nd Gen Prizes on top, CB Golds a couple of levels below (for the purpose of this rant, I'm intentionally ignoring NDs and 2nd Gen spriter's), CB silvers two or three levels down from the Golds - I've been reading people offering 3 CB Silver for 1 CB Gold. Coppers and Almandines/Spessartines seem to not have value unless they are CB, so in my opinion, they are even lower than CB Silvers. Considering that pyramid, I reached two conclusions: 1 ) if the rarity of the metals is decreased, there will be even harder to trade for 2nd Gen Prizes so I'm against that; 2) we need more, different, rares to fill those empty levels between Prizes and Golds, between Golds and Silvers etc.

The only reasons that the price of 2nd gen Prizes reached the heights they did was because:

so few CB Prizes were distributed up until this past year;

they don't generally (depending in part on the mate chosen) often breed shinies;

Prize owners often have things they want to do/get with their (often slow-arriving) babies other than trading for other non-Prizes;

the relatively few trading lists grew very long in the beginning and moved VERY slowly;

people were desperate to get on these lists;

those able to catch lots of the next-most-highly-valued dragons made unprecedentedly extreme offers in the hope of getting on a list where there were often no vacancies even for years down the road, so kept offering more - and often couldn't get on any (non-existent) empty list spaces anyway, so kept trying with bigger offers...

Golds, Silvers, Alpine and Coast Pyralspites, Blusang and Coppers all being labelled to varying degrees as 'trade fodder' (and predominately sought in large quantities for 2nd gen Prizes) are often snatched by the fastest out of the reach of the very many who are not so fast - in that case not because beautiful sprites are wanted for themselves or for some direct scroll purpose of the catcher's but to be traded for something else, so otherwise these might not have been taken by these people at all, if they already have enough themselves, or at any rate so many of the fastest wouldn't be hunting so hard for them, or even willing to cheat to have multiple scrolls-full to offer.

This has been considerably relieved - but there's actually no reason that the great bulk of the members should continue to be unable to obtain multiple dragons necessary to virtually all members for scroll completion or the creation or continuation of lines/lineages, simply in order that they be kept virtually impossible for most to get, so that they're worth more, for an inflated value for a smaller group of the fastest people to trade with for 2nd gen Prizes.

The *actual trade value of each dragon is lost* once it grows up on a scroll - 2nd gen metallics/Pyrals/Blusang/Coppers aren't all that valuable.

Why does the value of 'trade fodder' have to kept high by making the rest of the site do without dragons they need? unsure.gif

Most of the Prize owners are not greedy, even if they will naturally tend to take the best offer provided.

But the Prizes were evidently intended to be randomized annual gifts among the site members, regardless of their computer speed or general catching ability - not to inadvertently allow the mere fact of some relatively small group having these to control not only the trading system but the ability of members to ever catch OTHER dragons they want or need with reasonable time and effort put in.

Will Prize owners stop taking Golds or other rares in trade if the numbers increase and more people have them? xd.png

Will all Prize owners demand more, when most are probably just trading for their own personal goals and needs, rather than out of ravening greed? laugh.gif

Is it ONLY the cost and trouble involved in OTHER PEOPLE obtaining them that matters, and not the dragons themselves? rolleyes.gifxd.png

Do we want DC to remain as a dragon collecting family site, or as a virtual stock exchange - and one where the trade value of all Cave and nearly all breeding-available trades practically vanishes within days, as adults/Frozens cannot be traded on?

It's a pretty darned good basic design as the first - but most unsuited to the second, lol.

Edit: I very much like cyradis4's suggestion - someone was mentioning something of that nature to me the other day.

I'd be very much against imposing limits on what people can catch - if they can catch them fair and square, preventing them would be unfair.

But making the descriptions just distorted enough that people can still make them out quickly where bots can't would work. smile.gif

Although some of the people playing here are technically blind and use readers of some sort...

Re-edit: captcha's would be the last straw for a number of people.

Besides, we've probably all had times when we had no idea we'd caught something we were sure we'd missed only to find it on our scrolls later, and with this, people would never even know they'd miracle-snagged that metallic after all.

And another re-edit: I really doubt that adding more rare species which only the fastest could catch would help matters, lol - since the ratios clearly won't be adjusted, what should help would be things like having something like the AP suggestion implemented so that the ratios would improve at least gradually, the biomes would move more, so that more than nearly all Blockers show and people aren't so bored and discouraged with Cave hunting.

And some means, such as perhaps cyradis4's suggestion of making the Cave descriptions just distorted enough that people can easily make them out but bots can't, so that scripting could be forestalled. (Although again, there's still the issue of those visually challenged being affected...)

And if that didn't help, some increase in the number of metallics or?

But please, not MORE dragons that people can't get... sad.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

But the Prizes were evidently intended to be randomized annual gifts among the site members, regardless of their computer speed or general catching ability - not to inadvertently allow the mere fact of some relatively small group having these to control not only the trading system but the ability of members to ever catch OTHER dragons they want or need with reasonable time and effort put in.

This is true, but considering the power they have given people. if they were just meant to be random little gifts, they should have been unbreedables. (Honestly would have been better if they were unbreedables given to anyone who completed the holiday event of that year).

..Too late now though.

Captcha is a bad idea for another reason, too - I worry that in the context of a game like DC it would not scale well and would cause lag.

Personally I think a limit specifically on golds, and maybe silvers, would be enough. Let's face it - the luckiest, quickest-clicking, best honest players in the game can't possibly be getting more than 15-20 golds a month. If only because they must do other things with their lives beyond finding CB golds all the time. And even that is an extremely generous estimate. Limiting people to 10 or 20 CB gold catches - not bred golds, not other 'rares', just golds and perhaps silvers - would keep cheaters from constantly filling their scroll with golds, while still allowing honest players to catch more than plenty for themselves and their legitimate trading needs. If Silver is included it should have a separate cap. So you'd get, just for example, 10 CB gold catches per month and 10 CB silver catches per month.

Surely that's plenty. Does anyone who isn't cheating actually catch 20 rare metals a month anyway? Really? And even if they do, to be frank, do they really NEED to? Is it fair to allow them to hog all those metals - even if they did catch them without cheating - if it means allowing the people who DO cheat to run rampant? Even if I were someone who routinely brought in 20 golds a month I'd be more than willing to accept a limit in the name of controlling cheating. And to tell the truth, I would be VERY surprised if even the best players would be affected by that. To run into a 10-CB-gold-per-month limit you'd need to catch 2-3 golds per week. If 10 seems too limiting, go for 15, then. With 15 CB golds a month you could catch 3-4 per week. To be honest, I think anyone who really thinks they're being unfairly limited at that point needs a reality check. 3-4 CB golds per week is plenty for one's own purposes plus trading, realistically. And again I have real trouble believing any non-cheating player could catch that many CB golds all the time, consistently, week after week, to the point where a limit of 15/mo would be a serious imposition on their gameplay.

Edited by Lurhstaap

There's a very slight difference in rarity between trios, blusangs, golden wyverns and brown coppers on one hand and golds, silvers, green and red coppers, spessartines and almandines. If you already count blusangs or GW as "rares", why don't you add pebbles and mints to your list?

And the problem is that, if you breed your (hypothetical) CB prize with any of the truly rare breeds (gold, silver, green copper, spessartine and almandine, maybe even red coppers), you've got better chances at getting something nice and shiny - but pretty bad chances at trading said shiny because most people cannot continue such a lineage.

And, no, of course nobody would need any kind of pyralspite in order to continue a prize x copper line - but they'd need just the right kind of copper, usually CB, or the offspring is pretty much worthless to lineage breeders. And they'd definitely need the respective pyralspite for a prize x pyralspite line.

Blusangs and GWs are not rare. What they are, however, is a fast-breeding prize mate. They breed as well, if not better, with prizes as compared to Golds and Silvers. And if you think I have a bad chance of trading a 2G prize x rare (from my "hypothetical" CB prize, of course), you might want to think again.

Edited by The_Bucket

This is true, but considering the power they have given people. if they were just meant to be random little gifts, they should have been unbreedables. (Honestly would have been better if they were unbreedables given to anyone who completed the holiday event of that year).

..Too late now though.

This "power" was unintentional. The issue was give a small group something nice and shiny, the majority of the userbase goes down right insane for one, people try to breed them, input ratios and its affinity for screwing users over, and you have a storm of dragons that produce little to no shiny babies of its breed with a giant horde of overly impatient users who aint got the time of day for a prize dragon to breed when it wants. On top of that throw in the absolutely insane users who offer their hand and a leg and start setting the bar way too high in terms of trade making people think they have to offer an arm and a leg when that is not the reality at all.

One thing I continuously posted in the old prize threads was: Someone offering 4 gold eggs 3 silver eggs and 3 hatchlings of each is te equivalent of someone trying to get a person's attention by yelling as loud as possible into a megaphone saying "HEY PICK ME PICK ME I HAVE SHINY STUFF EVERYONE ELSE WANTS!!!!!" Just because a handfull of people offer that and another handfull accept does not mean that ALL prize owners will ask for some insane trade like that. Many have done common hatchy ious, some may gift it, others will ask for holiday IOUs and such because each prize owner is different. No one prize owner's ations or trade wants reflect on the entire prize owner group as a whole.

Olympe hit the nail on the head. You saying "Coppers are available to everyone" is like me saying "Golds are easily available to everyone" Which is obviously not the case considering the existence of this thread.

Volcano Pyrals are far more common than their coastal and alpine counterparts just like I think its brown coppers are a bit more available than their green and red counterparts. Most of the dragons listed are not easily available and like Olympe said, some are available over others. What is the point of making a Prize x Gold line when most of the people who could continue it either already have like fifty other of the same type (Prize x Gold) or don't have a gold to continue the line.

Again, Prize X Rare does guarantee you something nice regardless of the outcome but most people wont want it because most people don't have a CB Rare (Gold, silver, the rarer variant of coppers and pyrals, etc). So unless the person you are gifting this prize x rare line to doesnt plan on breeding it and just wants something shiny to stare at and never reproduce, most prize x rare babies wont be wanted because most lineage makers wont have the ability to continue said lineage.

Blusangs and GWs are not rare. What they are, however, is a fast-breeding prize mate. They breed as well, if not better, with prizes as compared to Golds and Silvers.

Anf like hundreds of them prlly exist ont a sum number of people's scrolls. People who tae the easy route when breeding with prizes will notice that stuff like that dies outfast. WHy do you think some people seeking 2nd gens will even put in "2nd gen with non holiday mate or x mates" Because those pairs are so overly done because its an easy out in getting out prize babies that everyone by now prolly already has some variant of it and its getting old.

Edited by AnanoKimi

Good post, AnanoKimi!

If I may, I'd just like to add that one major issue with Holiday lines is that nobody has more than 2 CBs and can therefore not breed more than two lines per week involving said Holidays, and the same applies to GoNs.

Like many others, I already have a number of Holiday lines I can't breed for this reason.

1. Olympe hit the nail on the head. You saying "Coppers are available to everyone" is like me saying "Golds are easily available to everyone" Which is obviously not the case considering the existence of this thread.

2. Again, Prize X Rare does guarantee you something nice regardless of the outcome but most people wont want it because most people don't have a CB Rare (Gold, silver, the rarer variant of coppers and pyrals, etc). So unless the person you are gifting this prize x rare line to doesnt plan on breeding it and just wants something shiny to stare at and never reproduce, most prize x rare babies wont be wanted because most lineage makers wont have the ability to continue said lineage.

3. Anf like hundreds of them prlly exist ont a sum number of people's scrolls. People who tae the easy route when breeding with prizes will notice that stuff like that dies outfast. WHy do you think some people seeking 2nd gens will even put in "2nd gen with non holiday mate or x mates" Because those pairs are so overly done because its an easy out in getting out prize babies that everyone by now prolly already has some variant of it and its getting old.

1. Except that Coppers are, well... many times more common than Golds, and trade for a fraction of the price, and it's not that hard to get one of if you put your mind to it...

2. Very, very few users would not want a prize just because it has a rare mate. Obviously they'd prefer common mates, but the fact is, those breed at a fraction the speed, and producing one can take months. I would much rather give/trade 2G prizes to as many people as possible than spend two months piddling around with a certain pairing so I can make one person a little happier. How you can possibly say that prize x rare babies "won't be wanted" is absolutely incomprehensible to me. There are hundreds of people who would beg for that one baby, and their days would be made if somebody gifted, or even agreed to trade, a 2G prize to them. Even if it was from an "overdone line".

3. People will ask for that because they either consider what they are offering more valuable than a 2G prize x rare, or because they do not have a Holiday to continue x Holiday lines with. Are you seriously saying that everyone has a 2G from some variant of every x rare pairing, so it's old... yet almost nobody can afford Coppers... I'm done.

Like many others, I already have a number of Holiday lines I can't breed for this reason.

Holidays are completely different. If you don't have a certain CB Holiday, you will (probably) never get one. If you don't have a CB Blusang, GW, Copper, etc, you can still get one (it might take some time, I'm not denying that - but I think with persistence, most CB dragons (not so much Golds, Silvers, Spessartines/Almandines) can be obtained by anyone.)

I apologize if I sound harsh towards anyone. I'm pretty sick and should really just be sleeping.

Edited by The_Bucket

I happen to agree with this. True, with the amount of prizes given out last time, 2nd gen prizes will become a bit more affordable.

However, that's not the question. There are still big gaps in the value pyramid, which are hard to cross if you can't catch the higher-level eggs. If more semi-rares were released, then it would become possible to trade a common for something slightly more uncommon, then perhaps a couple of uncommons for a lower tier rare, then trade for a higher rare until eventually you can get to the top of the pyramid and actually reach the CB gold level. Right now there aren't enough stepping stones in between.

I happen to agree with this. True, with the amount of prizes given out last time, 2nd gen prizes will become a bit more affordable.

However, that's not the question. There are still big gaps in the value pyramid, which are hard to cross if you can't catch the higher-level eggs. If more semi-rares were released, then it would become possible to trade a common for something slightly more uncommon, then perhaps a couple of uncommons for a lower tier rare, then trade for a higher rare until eventually you can get to the top of the pyramid and actually reach the CB gold level. Right now there aren't enough stepping stones in between.

Totally agree with this. Rare releases do unfortunately upset people quite a bit (as evidenced by the Anagallis glitch). I just wish there were more realistic ways for people to get the top-value things... Trios, Blusangs, etc. would be extremely lucky to even trade 5:1 for a Silver, and that means they basically can't trade for a CB gold. It (very generally) takes 2+ trios to trade for a Copper, 2+ Coppers to trade for a Silver, and 2+ Silvers to trade for a Gold. If you're the kind of person who can only catch trios and the occasional Copper (which is the majority of DC), that's a lot of catching... and since trading is entirely based on what people have on hand, even if you somehow impossibly caught seven Coppers at once, you wouldn't necessarily be able to get a CB Gold for them.

Edited by The_Bucket

Even if you have a bunch of CB Silvers you might not be able to trade for a CB Gold. I've been trying to do that for a little while now without any interest. Trading is pure luck. Having some rare between Golds and Silvers in rarity would be nice. It'd give more options for trade at least.

Edited by Tehya Faye

I'l be working all weekend so forgive me if I'm too moody to be diplomatic.

When reading several of the posts here I was reminded of what happens during the releases. Often there's someone (or someoneS) posting "stop catching xxx/yyy and let us catch some, you got enough." I'm getting the same feeling here.

BUT... do you really think that making rares less rare will solve the situation? If you have been on DC 3 years and more and you never saw/caught a Silver or Gold, you should consider that, for months, CB metals were quite less rare than they are now. If you never saw/caught one then, what would be different now?

Fairness sounds really good but I'm using a business-class connection and I've been shooting (I'm talking about online games, before someone calls the cops) since I was seven. Don't I have some advantages over many of you?

Allow me to guess what will happen in the next future if some of the suggestions posted here will be implemented:

- Prize owners will focus more on blood-swaps instead of considering trading with "devalued" rares

- People with good connections and good reflexes will still catch the rares quite more frequently than everybody else

- If you never saw a CB metal, there are good chances that you will not catch them.

Sorry for being blunt, I will try taking a Diplomacy 101 class very soon.