rendragyn

Make CB Golds **slighty** less rare

I happen to agree with this. True, with the amount of prizes given out last time, 2nd gen prizes will become a bit more affordable.

However, that's not the question. There are still big gaps in the value pyramid, which are hard to cross if you can't catch the higher-level eggs. If more semi-rares were released, then it would become possible to trade a common for something slightly more uncommon, then perhaps a couple of uncommons for a lower tier rare, then trade for a higher rare until eventually you can get to the top of the pyramid and actually reach the CB gold level. Right now there aren't enough stepping stones in between.

Lol, but from the viewpoint of many of the members, what's the point of having more dragons more people can't get?

Maintaining an unnaturally high price of certain dragons in trade is not a desirable factor to many people, and building on this just worsens a situation that just has finally been improving.

I know I certainly wouldn't have joined here if it was Dragon Trade - only the fastest can have 'em all!

The 'prices' of the next-most-valuable-to-Prizes dragons only increased so drastically because they went from rare to inaccessible in great part because so many were being taken from the Cave to form super-high offers in an effort by the fastest to get on too-few and too-full lists for too-few 2nd gen Prizes following the initial distribution.

This created SO many problems in the Cave and we seriously don't need to pump that up again by getting more rares more people can't get.

We do need the 'bubble' to further subside and balance out, not support it to another 'bust' where people are thinking more about giving up on the game and looking around to find something fun, while they're still around to chat about it.

People are beginning to come back now whom I haven't seen on for ages, and related or not to the recent spate of monthly Releases and the improved Prize situation no longer heavily overshadowing everything else, I'd rather not go back to watching people drift off because they can't make progress in a collecting game grown boring as a result.

Many people came here to collect dragons, have stayed to breed and/or keep up on New Releases.

Now, unlike when I first joined, only the fastest can catch the rares and most people around the world simply cannot afford super-fast computers and high-speed internet - that huge proportion of the population needs a game that THEY can play, and with enough time and effort catch what they need, rather than having to worry about trading up for the next level before the last one hatches/grows up because the dragons we used to collect for themselves, because we liked or needed them, are being valued only in relation to that of trade fodder for something else.

The trade value of those rare dragons ends forever as soon as they grow up on a scroll - they are not an investment, but a collectable which can be used in breeding, although 2nd gens, outside of Prizes, are not worth much in trade.

They are worth a lot to those need but can't get them, who tend to be slower people who can't catch them.

I've seen it suggested that people should offer to breed 50 or more Common CB hatchies to get one CB Gold, which makes me think of nothing more than the multi-millions given CEOs in bonuses when they increase profits even further by refusing to pay a living wage to workers/offshoring jobs to the desperate in countries where pay may be pennies a day and industries can pollute freely.

Is that where we want our magical DC to go, the world many people come here to get away from having to live this in RL?

Or something more equitable where everyone has a chance to participate fully and enjoy the game?

Its difficult to make something happen just for a certain breed. It would have to be all or nothing.

True. I hadn't thought about that.

I'm sure, with the coding genius that TJ is, he can figure out a way to thwart cheating - whether it be multi-scrolling or using scripts. My brain just hurts reading all the different scenarios. blink.gif

Or something more equitable where everyone has a chance to participate fully and enjoy the game?

There are thousands and thousands of users. Only a tiny, very tiny minority will be able to catch uncommons , even less will catch rares. Do you mean that they will not be able to enjoy the game????

I often wonder if it would be better for the cave not to be shared at all. Rather than generating a bunch of eggs every single user can grab from, it's be cool if we could 'search' for eggs on our own, which would maintain current rarities, but finding a rare would be earned based on how long you searched, and nobody could take it out from under your nose once you finally see one.

(this would probably never happen, but I'd prefer this system).

There are thousands and thousands of users. Only a tiny, very tiny minority will be able to catch uncommons , even less will catch rares. Do you mean that they will not be able to enjoy the game????

Huh? No, I'm sorry, but that's simply incorrect. If that were true, the game would be broken. The point of a rarity tier is NOT to make it so that the vast majority of players can only get commons. All players are supposed to have at least a chance to get all (or at least all non-special-release, like prizes) species. I speak generally as a game designer when I say that any game that worked the way you describe would not last long and would be extremely unfun. Most people are not at all content with the idea that they can only get the more common things in a game. They want to -start- there and work up to the rarer and more challenging stuff. That's how a game -works-. So yes, most people who cannot catch even so much as an uncommon will have a much harder time enjoying the game. Some of them will anyway, yeah, but most people will not.

Edited by Lurhstaap

I often wonder if it would be better for the cave not to be shared at all. Rather than generating a bunch of eggs every single user can grab from, it's be cool if we could 'search' for eggs on our own, which would maintain current rarities, but finding a rare would be earned based on how long you searched, and nobody could take it out from under your nose once you finally see one.

(this would probably never happen, but I'd prefer this system).

While that sounds cool, I feel like it would sacrifice a lot of DC's competitive spirit. With this, anyone could check the egg descriptions to find out if the egg was rare, without the dedication of learning it.

No idea, all I know is that when I 1st joined, the average person could fairly often see metallics flash by and catch unCommons and I managed, on an antique computer, to catch several each of CB Golds and Silver over several months of staying up on the Cave all night, every night, and THAT was fun and a huge thrill catching them.

Much more of one than not, lol.

The Cave moved (sometimes way too fast for me in the day-time, lol, which is why I hunted at night) and most people could catch unCommons fairly often.

It's a lot more fun when there's less 'spread' between each 'rarity' group, so that while obviously most people will have far fewer rares than overall Commons, they have a chance of some, and back then, it seemed that most people used to have metallics fairly early on, even if only lengthy bred ones, since we didn't have lineage Viewers back then and a lot of us never even thought about them.

Rares most people can't catch are only a benefit to the few who can, and there's now a very different level of rare on a cycle which feeds on the increased rarity created by the ever-increasing impetus, resulting from ever-increasing trade prices, of those able to catch these catching lots.

This doesn't work any better in a family-site game predominately consisting of people on slower systems than it does in a real economy where a very few at the top suck up all financial wealth.

And a family-site game is supposed to be fun for everyone, isn't it?

Edit: what Lurhstaap said, lol! smile.gif

Edited by Syphoneira

While that sounds cool, I feel like it would sacrifice a lot of DC's competitive spirit. With this, anyone could check the egg descriptions to find out if the egg was rare, without the dedication of learning it.

Yeah, having a non-shared cave would be a TERRIBLE idea. I saw a game that worked that way once. I got the rarest 'in cave' species on my FIRST DAY PLAYING. And it wasn't just a matter of luck. It was because I could sit there and F5 to my heart's content looking for 'rares' until I found them. Period. It was fun at first but got boring FAST. Let's just say that game doesn't exist anymore.

Edited by Lurhstaap

-snip-

Many people came here to collect dragons, have stayed to breed and/or keep up on New Releases.

Now, unlike when I first joined, only the fastest can catch the rares and most people around the world simply cannot afford super-fast computers and high-speed internet - that huge proportion of the population needs a game that THEY can play, and with enough time and effort catch what they need, rather than having to worry about trading up for the next level before the last one hatches/grows up because the dragons we used to collect for themselves, because we liked or needed them, are being valued only in relation to that of trade fodder for something else.

-snip-

I've seen it suggested that people should offer to breed 50 or more Common CB hatchies to get one CB Gold, which makes me think of nothing more than the multi-millions given CEOs in bonuses when they increase profits even further by refusing to pay a living wage to workers/offshoring jobs to the desperate in countries where pay may be pennies a day and industries can pollute freely.

-snip-

These. These right here. This sums up exactly how I feel.

I'm seeing a lot of people saying things that, really, to me just sound like 'Stop complaining you can't catch them, just find a way to trade." Or "Well you don't have a CB metallic because you haven't put in the effort."

Frankly I want to break things hearing this.

The reason I joined DC Five years ago is because the sprites attracted me, and the fact I could hoard things sounded wonderful. Hoarding pretty things? Even better.

I remember when Hellfires were hard to catch. When there were just those 3 eggs sitting there waiting to be caught. When the AP blocked the cave and made people invest in those lineages people were breeding.

And frankly, I loved DC then.

I rejoiced over catching a CB black after spending 3 days trying. Catching hellfires was amazing.

Now, I'm at the point where the game is losing my interest because despite actively trying for five years, I have never seen a CB gold. Not even Seen.

Never have I seen its description in the cave. Not once.

Since the almandines release, I have yet to see the coast and wherever the other one is. (which don't get me started on why this irks me as a geologist.)

It's disheartening knowing that because of my family's finances and where we live, I will more than likely never be able to catch a CB metallic for myself (the single CB silver I have I caught while on my college campus). We don't have fast internet. Not in the least. And while sure, I probably could coax a CB metallic trade out of someone with my G2 ShinexHellfire, I doubt it would attract that much attention. G3's just don't go for metallics anymore. And I feel wrong asking for metallics when I can't even catch one myself. Why do I have the right to make someone give up that metallic for my shiny baby when I can't do the same?

By no means am I going to reduce myself to having to breed someone 50 freaking hatchlings for that metallic trade. Unless that code is BEYOND amazing, I am just flat out not doing it. If you want to say that's a lack of effort, fine, but that just feels like a freaking rip off. And honestly, it feels like someone's cracking the whip over me for that.

I still stand by that these CB golds need to come down in rarity. I'm on DC nearly every day with a minimum of an hour of CB hunting. Sometimes I'm here for up to 5 hours, non stop hunting. Telling me that I haven't put in the needed effort to get a CB gold over these past 5 years is just a freaking slap in the face. If trade values are going to plummet, so be it. The user base can find something else to covet and send the price sky-high over.

[/end rant as she returns to lurking]

Yeah, having a non-shared cave would be a TERRIBLE idea. I saw a game that worked that way once. I got the rarest 'in cave' species on my FIRST DAY PLAYING. And it wasn't just a matter of luck. It was because I could sit there and F5 to my heart's content looking for 'rares' until I found them. Period. It was fun at first but got boring FAST. Let's just say that game doesn't exist anymore.

That is kind of true- though if it ever would be allowed to happen, an hourly limit would probably be a good idea. (Like, 'You have x searches left' and then a button that says 'search again?').

Basically enough that if you were looking for specific commons or something for lineage projects, you should be able to get them no problem, but if looking for rares, they'd still be hard to come across.

Anyway, I doubt TJ would ever even consider this, but it was an idea.

Huh? No, I'm sorry, but that's simply incorrect. If that were true, the game would be broken. The point of a rarity tier is NOT to make it so that the vast majority of players can only get commons. All players are supposed to have at least a chance to get all (or at least all non-special-release, like prizes) species. I speak generally as a game designer when I say that any game that worked the way you describe would not last long and would be extremely unfun. Most people are not at all content with the idea that they can only get the more common things in a game. They want to -start- there and work up to the rarer and more challenging stuff. That's how a game -works-. So yes, most people who cannot catch even so much as an uncommon will have a much harder time enjoying the game. Some of them will anyway, yeah, but most people will not.

Pffffft. Please tell me what is incorrect. That only a minority is able today to catch uncommons and rares? We must have been reading different fora.

Edit: I'm not talking about how things should be. I'm talking about how things ARE.

Edited by NotBambi

1. Except that Coppers are, well... many times more common than Golds, and trade for a fraction of the price, and it's not that hard to get one of if you put your mind to it...

2. Very, very few users would not want a prize just because it has a rare mate. Obviously they'd prefer common mates, but the fact is, those breed at a fraction the speed, and producing one can take months. I would much rather give/trade 2G prizes to as many people as possible than spend two months piddling around with a certain pairing so I can make one person a little happier. How you can possibly say that prize x rare babies "won't be wanted" is absolutely incomprehensible to me. There are hundreds of people who would beg for that one baby, and their days would be made if somebody gifted, or even agreed to trade, a 2G prize to them. Even if it was from an "overdone line".

3. People will ask for that because they either consider what they are offering more valuable than a 2G prize x rare, or because they do not have a Holiday to continue x Holiday lines with. Are you seriously saying that everyone has a 2G from some variant of every x rare pairing, so it's old... yet almost nobody can afford Coppers... I'm done.

Like many others, I already have a number of Holiday lines I can't breed for this reason.

Holidays are completely different. If you don't have a certain CB Holiday, you will (probably) never get one. If you don't have a CB Blusang, GW, Copper, etc, you can still get one (it might take some time, I'm not denying that - but I think with persistence, most CB dragons (not so much Golds, Silvers, Spessartines/Almandines) can be obtained by anyone.)

I apologize if I sound harsh towards anyone. I'm pretty sick and should really just be sleeping.

1. Yes coppers are more affodable but still not easy to get. Their harder to catch and you have to find someone willing to do some sort of IOU trade to trade you for the right type of copper you need. And thats not acounting for refusals. So if your one and only green copper refuses that second gen, have fun trying to find another. There have been plenty of cases where a single dragon has refused multiple (5-8 mates) mates of a required breed for a lineage. Should this happen, I can only imagine the amoutn of IOU work and frustration the person would have.

2. Most users wouldnt mind, but the more experienced users with something worth while would definitely refuse. I could probably gift a Prize x Silver to a newbie or someone a few weeks into the game and they would be ecstatic. Once they realized how hard its gonna be for them to properly breed the dragon and continue the lineage should they choose to they're gonna feel frustrated. How many users have complained about noe being able to complete a certain lineage because they cannot obtain a certain breed? many. The issue is once you start wanting to do something right, and you cant, it becomes an issue. You could always tell those users to either ignore it or just change playstyle but who are we to tell a user what to do with their dragon?

3. I got a little confused here. At minimum they have some generation variant of a Gold Tinsel/Shimmer x rare (gold, silver, coppers, etc.), Silver Tinsel/Shimmer x rare, and Bronse Tinsel/Shimmer x rare. I didn't particularly say "everyone has a 2nd Gen" I said everyone has some kind of variant. I know I have at least one or two of the above mentioned lineages. They're somewhere in the 8th-11th gen prize dragons but I know I have some variant of it. I'm sure others have another variant of it as well. If you look in the departure threads, many users gift their 3+ gens of prize dragons there, and some occasionally have a rare mate. SO it is absolutely possible for someone to have one or more of the above mentioned lines and not have any coppers or any rares for that matter.

On a different note, can I say that Wandering4Ever's post hit home. I mean the Golds I have are actually not only due to my Prize dragon, most of the golds I have on my scroll have been very kind and wonderful gifts from users who saw my Looking For list and were wonderful enough to just hand it to me. Despite my pestering to return the favor I was declined and told to just enjoy the gifts. I have seen only a small handful, and even that is probable giving it more credit than anything. I've seen fleeting glimpes as I refresh a biome but never managed to catch a single metallic or anything currently deemed as rare. I've never in my life seen a coast or alpine Pyral, not even a glimpse. I've seen at most one or two coppers, One in the jungle and another in the desert. I've seen silvers here and there, but still never been fast enough to nab one. I have been here since 2010 and Any rare I have I have some how managed to trade for one, or have had very amazingly kind hearted users gift them to me. As much as I appreciate the gifts, nothing will ever compare to actually catching one, and as things stand now I will never get that chance.

Lurstahp also has a point. Really DC is becoming more and more frustrating than it is fun. Refusals are useless and suck and are happening more and more often, ratios are killing everyone with most being unable to even create pretty common x common lineages, and time and dedication mean squat when it comes to hunting rares. This game is more and more becoming a giant middle finger to all it users than it is some friendly escape to a fantasy world where you raise dragons and hoard them in some infinate cave and record them on your scrolls.

Edited by AnanoKimi

-snipped for length-

I kind of feel that we actually have the same (or very similar) stances on this and are just communicating poorly. What I'm trying to say is that there are lots of different prize mates that breed well, and you don't have to choose something incredibly difficult for a newbie to get such as a Gold or Silver to get a shiny easily. Golden Wyvern, Balloon, Blusang and Thunder are some of the fastest breeding pairs I've seen, and all of those are easily within reach of any user on DC. If I knew the person I was gifting a 2G prize to was a newbie without means to get a rare mate, I'd use something like GW.

One thing that sticks out to me is that "the experienced users with something worthwhile are definitely going to refuse". That completely depends on how you define worthwhile. Sure, the people offering ten (hyperbole. Sort of.) CB Golds might feel (rightly) justified in wanting to choose their favorite pairing, regardless of how poorly it breeds. However, (and I'm not going to over-specify, because I'd rather protect people's trade privacy) two of my first trades with my Tinsel were to people who in my opinion were offering very worthwhile things. They both wanted easy mates - even when told they could request whatever they wanted within reason.

Edited by The_Bucket

3. People will ask for that because they either consider what they are offering more valuable than a 2G prize x rare, or because they do not have a Holiday to continue x Holiday lines with. Are you seriously saying that everyone has a 2G from some variant of every x rare pairing, so it's old... yet almost nobody can afford Coppers... I'm done.

The player base is mostly split in two groups: Those that cannot catch the real rares (golds, silvers) even on a semi-regular basis, and those who, somehow, manage to grab them by the dozens.

The latter group, obviously, can trade for all the prize lines they want. And they won't want lines that they have too many of anyway. Why ask for a 5th 2nd gen gold shimmer x gold pairing? Why accept a prize x yulebuck pairing if they only joined way after yules were released, and would have to find someone to trade them a 2nd gen yule from the very same pairing in order to produce valuable offspring?

The first group, which cannot catch the truly rare stuff, cannot trade for prizes under "normal" circumstances - unless they find a generous CB prize owner who's willing to accpet something but CB golds. Even if they get gifted a 2nd gen prize x gold offspring, they'll probably be unable to continue the lineage because they don't have any CB golds. Unfortunately, this group seems to make up the vast majority of DC players.

Speaking as someone who (usually) cannot catch rares, but manages the very occasional uncommons, I can tell you that the wish to get all dragons as CB can be rather disheartening. Considering it took me merely a good 3.4 years to get my first CB gold, and that was only because someone decided to gift it to me, I can tell you without any doubt that I'd rather see more rares. Not new rare breeds which I cannot get at all, but more of the very rare breeds. (And before you go on telling me that, with two CB thunders on my scroll, I surely must be able to get more than the very occasional uncommon - I'm not. It was a very lucky break, the likes of which happens every couple of years to me. If you don't believe me, look at my trios and see how many of them are CB - and some of them were even traded for.)

I'm seeing a lot of people saying things that, really, to me just sound like 'Stop complaining you can't catch them, just find a way to trade." Or "Well you don't have a CB metallic because you haven't put in the effort."

Frankly I want to break things hearing this.

Same here. I must admit that, after the first two years or so of playing, I have given up on doing long hours in the cave for the sake of maybe seeing a rare. Not because I don't want one, but because I know from experience that I (most likely) won't even see one, much less catch one.

Eventually, I did manage to catch a couple of silvers (3, I think. I didn't keep all of them and some of my CBs were gifts from before then) in the cave - but that was shortly after silver value dropped way below "2 silvers for 1 gold", so the high-tier traders probably weren't interested in them any more, leaving them for other people to catch. People like me.

Edited by olympe

Lurstahp also has a point. Really DC is becoming more and more frustrating than it is fun. Refusals are useless and suck and are happening more and more often, ratios are killing everyone with most being unable to even create pretty common x common lineages, and time and dedication mean squat when it comes to hunting rares. This game is more and more becoming a giant middle finger to all it users than it is some friendly escape to a fantasy world where you raise dragons and hoard them in some infinate cave and record them on your scrolls.

I think this is a pretty spot-on description on the status of the game.

I am quite certain that something is wrong when breeding abominations just to spite on people is one of the few ways that I can have fun in this "game". I simply haven't found hunting, breeding (in the normal sense) or trading to be interesting since some years ago. Not that I've found trading to be interesting at any point, but still.

Edited by CNR4806

I think this is a pretty spot-on description on the status of the game.

I am quite certain that something is wrong when breeding abominations just to spite on people is one of the few ways that I can have fun in this "game". I simply haven't found hunting, breeding (in the normal sense) or trading to be interesting since some years ago. Not that I've found trading to be interesting at any point, but still.

Why is that an abomination ?? and why would it spite anyone ? 48th gen - awesome smile.gif

*still having fun* xd.png

Why is that an abomination ?? and why would it spite anyone ? 48th gen - awesome smile.gif

*still having fun* xd.png

At the very bottom of that lineage, there's a "perfect" 3rd gen stairstep prize, and of course I went ahead and "ruined" the lineage.

But let's not get too interested in my messy inbred projects here, I was just raising a point about the state of the game.

I know. But it IS rather fine xd.png

..I want to bite it so badly.

But speaking of lineages, that does raise a point. All I've been finding in the AP lately are CBs, messy lines, and Rare x Common checkers.

The others are a mild annoyance, but as someone who likes lineages, finding all these rare checkers is disheartening because I will never have the resources to continue them.

Even more annoying, it seems most people would rather breed these, as I hardly ever find a nice common x common I can continue.

..I want to bite it so badly.

But speaking of lineages, that does raise a point. All I've been finding in the AP lately are CBs, messy lines, and Rare x Common checkers.

The others are a mild annoyance, but as someone who likes lineages, finding all these rare checkers is disheartening because I will never have the resources to continue them.

Even more annoying, it seems most people would rather breed these, as I hardly ever find a nice common x common I can continue.

Pfft. WELL, all I have to say about that is that you've been unlucky. I have found some lovely ones there, and I have also sent a lot - not least a LOAD of pretty avatars - the latest just yesterday - it will pop up in 2 days or so, I think. Have a look at the amazing lineages found in the AP thread biggrin.gif

Here's one I got recently, for instance - I couldn't believe my eyes:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qJVQH

OK yes that's with a holiday. But what about this:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/FylOj

If I had the energy I could show you dozens more. But it takes patience.

I kind of feel that we actually have the same (or very similar) stances on this and are just communicating poorly. What I'm trying to say is that there are lots of different prize mates that breed well, and you don't have to choose something incredibly difficult for a newbie to get such as a Gold or Silver to get a shiny easily. Golden Wyvern, Balloon, Blusang and Thunder are some of the fastest breeding pairs I've seen, and all of those are easily within reach of any user on DC. If I knew the person I was gifting a 2G prize to was a newbie without means to get a rare mate, I'd use something like GW.

One thing that sticks out to me is that "the experienced users with something worthwhile are definitely going to refuse". That completely depends on how you define worthwhile. Sure, the people offering ten (hyperbole. Sort of.) CB Golds might feel (rightly) justified in wanting to choose their favorite pairing, regardless of how poorly it breeds. However, (and I'm not going to over-specify, because I'd rather protect people's trade privacy) two of my first trades with my Tinsel were to people who in my opinion were offering very worthwhile things. They both wanted easy mates - even when told they could request whatever they wanted within reason.

Even those breed you mentioned are on the semi difficult side to obtain.Though I would personally reserve those breeds for someone who has maybe a bronze trophy or silver and kind of knows what they are getting themselves into though. Personally as I've mentioned I would love to see ratios, rarity, refusals, and biome movement get fixed. It would make breeding more fun if ratios were adjusted and refusals removed, hunting would be more fun with rarity tweaked slightly to make them more attainable and biome movement would mean actually making it worth your time to want to lock yourself with CB's from the cave as opposed to hoping someone dumped something you wantedin the AP and that its now low time.

I like how this is slowly starting to become an understanding. Thats why sometimes this section is fun~

Pfft. WELL, all I have to say about that is that you've been unlucky. I have found some lovely ones there, and I have also sent a lot - not least a LOAD of pretty avatars - the latest just yesterday - it will pop up in 2 days or so, I think. Have a look at the amazing lineages found in the AP thread biggrin.gif

Here's one I got recently, for instance - I couldn't believe my eyes:

http://dragcave.net/lineage/qJVQH

This one's mommy came from my scroll. wub.gif

*cough* Anyway, there's some truth to what AnanoKimi says.

So, to sum up the overall suggestions (plus maybe one or two of my own):

• Decrease rarity of the very rare or hard to get breeds somewhat so regular players can actually get them with some effort.
  • Maybe add some semi-rares to fill in the gaps in the rarity pyramid? (I'm not a fan of that one, to be frank. I don't want more breeds I cannot get.)
  • When the biomes get shuffled, put the eggs in the AP instead of back into the queue. (Alternately, put all untaken eggs into the AP instead of destroying them on the full hour? Might work better with the suggestion below.) => Low-time eggs are more likely to be picked up, even if they're blockers.
  • Shuffle more often, maybe every minute? => More shuffling, more chances at finding what you're looking for - which might be rares, but also a certain kind of common. More movement, more biome hunters, more commons picked up, more rares for everyone. Hopefully.
  • Try some more measures to fight cheaters? wink.gif Of course, nobody but TJ knows what he's already doing to prevent cheating, but, well, one can always hope.
  • Add some kind of in-game shop where even slow catchers can earn rares for activity. (1-2 per year?)
Any other ideas? Edited by olympe

Hm.. actually..

I kind of miss multi-clutching. If prizes multi-clutched and managed to produce more than one prize, and the breeder could only keep one.., Having some escape to the AP could really help kill the market (although there's always a chance you get the jerks who take those and retrade them as well. Even so, more being produced at once would still lower their value).

There's just so many potential solutions, but the trouble is picking the best one..

(and yeah, fuzzbucket, I might just be more unlucky than the average too :/ )

Edit; @olympe- I do wish it got shuffled more consistently and more often. I'd like it because if I'm looking for something I'm unlikely to pick up another egg just to be stuck with it for 5 hours in the vain hope that if I take /something/, what I'm looking for might show up.

Edited by Dragon_Arbock

Hm.. actually..

I kind of miss multi-clutching. If prizes multi-clutched and managed to produce more than one prize, and the breeder could only keep one.., Having some escape to the AP could really help kill the market (although there's always a chance you get the jerks who take those and retrade them as well. Even so, more being produced at once would still lower their value).

There's just so many potential solutions, but the trouble is picking the best one..

(and yeah, fuzzbucket, I might just be more unlucky than the average too :/ )

Hollies multiclutch, but it doesn't kill their market... no doubt it helps (a lot).

Hollies multiclutch, but it doesn't kill their market... no doubt it helps (a lot).

Yes, but Hollies can only breed once a year.

Prizes can breed just like any other regular dragon.