TJ09

2015-03-13 - Site Redesign Launch

*Sigh* Not for mobile users sad.gif

and I honestly hope it stays that way.

Mobile Layout is there for ease of use from mobile phones, not to display the prettiest graphics of them all.

on another unrelated note, though, it would be nice to be able to use the desktop page if one chooses to, even from your phone/tablet.

@daba: it's not gone for me... scrolling *brb*

Edited by whitebaron

I've always used the St.Patricks day layout, so I didn't notice until today and I went to login. It looks good but I still like my Shamrocks ^-^

I switched to the St Patrick's Day skin, too. Very appropriate for today.

Happy St Patrick's Day! biggrin.gif

The background no longer moves when I scroll down! Thank you, TJ!

(Or is that just because I have a different browser at work?)

*goes back to St. Pat's for the day, since it is St. Patrick's Day*

*leaves mint brownies*

I liked the scrolling, and it's gone!  So I only get part of the artwork, and not the part I really loved sad.gif

dagnabit xd.png

I got all the art work when I got on my dragon page and scroll down.

But not very far on the cave or anything short page. lol

And this new layout is very pretty! biggrin.gif

Edited by Lady Dragoon

I've always used the St.Patricks day layout, so I didn't notice until today and I went to login. It looks good but I still like my Shamrocks ^-^

Same here! xd.png

I feel like there should be a badge or something (like the holiday ones at the top of your scroll) for being a member prior to the change.

I feel like there should be a badge or something (like the holiday ones at the top of your scroll) for being a member prior to the change.

We had many changes in the past and don't got an badge for them, so why should we get one now?

We had many changes in the past and don't got an badge for them, so why should we get one now?

Yes indeed. Not to mention that I believe many more people are now using an alternative skin, which sort of makes it a rather silly badge to wear !

Now, sig banners would be a thought. Not that I'd want one, but there were loads around when we got biomes and teleport - those fun "I remember when..." ones !

just as a matter of interest what is the curly font used in dragcave eg in the dragon Cave logo and in Shajana's signature (above)?

Thanks Naruhina and thanks for the link too smile.gif

And TJ --Thanks for the further info too smile.gif -its a great choice for the cave. I've always loved it

Edited by velvet_paw

I'm not fond of the new layout (I use one of the alt ones anyway), but I'm glad others like it and I respect the work that went in to making it possible.

I'm super late but I'll just say it anyway. The background image is lovely, but the rest...ehh.

I think I'll just switch to the 1960s skin since it's pretty close to the old default. Please consider making the old default a choice. Please.

I liked the scrolling, and it's gone!  So I only get part of the artwork, and not the part I really loved sad.gif

dagnabit xd.png

Well, it's back now smile.gif

I was glad to see it wasn't just me imagining things, LOL.

I like the pretty part at the bottom and have no issues with the scrolling causing dizziness or anything. Makes me wish I was a scientist so I could figure out why it bothers some people and not other s- must have something to do with the construction of our brains or something blink.gif

EDIT: darn, it's gone again! intermitent scrolling... dry.gif

Edited by daba555

It's very pretty, but it's giving my computer fits. Everything about the site is very slow. Maybe once I've got all the new elements in cache it'll be better.

How do I change the time settings? It's really annoying that I'm 5 hours ahead-makes it VERY hard to get night dragons and wotnot.

How do I change the time settings? It's really annoying that I'm 5 hours ahead-makes it VERY hard to get night dragons and wotnot.

The on-site time can't be changed, it's there to show what DC time is so it's easier to figure out the timing for sunrise/sunset eggs etc. smile.gif

So in fact it makes it easier to get night dragons, since you don't have to do any calculating from your own timezone.

Edited by Rhynn Collins

Yay, thanks for fixing the font, now me ""'s display right in firefox biggrin.gif

or it was the Firefox update that fixed it?...

Anyways, now I'm perfectly happy with the redesign.

(now I just need one back-to-scroll link on a dragon specific actions page)

I love that new design, but I can't use it. I wish there was some kind of black background to go with it, I like my scroll to be dark.