Ayelldee

Conjectures About March Release

While a new release would be fun, I'll admit, I'm not at all bothered by the fact we don't have one. Granted, I just got into making lineages, and my scroll seems to be full of either things I need for said lineage or 2G PB Blacks/Dark Greens I'm hoping will alt. I always feel if I abandon those, they'll end up alting! And since I can't catch the CBs I need now for scroll completion, I'm consistently trying to breed things I can trade for.

Given the easter event next month, it's unlikely there'd be an April release either(unless there's an Earth Day release), since TJ generally doesn't like releasing when something is going on. So I'd say nothing until May if there isn't a release this weekend. May is DC's birthday so I'd say there'll definitely be something then, but that's a long time away. The completed section is getting bigger and bigger, and with the lack of releases lately this doesn't seem to get any better. New theme is great and all but it's also boring aside from controversy.

Dragon Cave is stagnant right now, and I'm also getting bored.

Given the easter event next month, it's unlikely there'd be an April release either(unless there's an Earth Day release), since TJ generally doesn't like releasing when something is going on. So I'd say nothing until May if there isn't a release this weekend. May is DC's birthday so I'd say there'll definitely be something then, but that's a long time away. The completed section is getting bigger and bigger, and with the lack of releases lately this doesn't seem to get any better. New theme is great and all but it's also boring aside from controversy.

Heh. Releasing some of the fruit and vegetable-inspired dragons on Earth Day would be amazing~

I don't want to be bored with the Cave, but I am.

Thank you to Stromboli and crew who have organized some events to keep my interest. wub.gif

If there were no egg limits, I'd be busy with several projects, but I'm scroll-locked for a few more hours, and I am SO bored with the status quo. Bring back the monthly releases, PLEASE?

Doubt we'll see a march release this far into the month sad.gif

Maybe we will see something when the Festival of Eggs come around? i could see the fun in one of the 'joke eggs' being revealed as an actual release at the end of the event biggrin.gif But I guess that's just me daydreaming :3

I'm afraid that would be considered an Easter dragon even if it wasn't set as a holiday release so it would get too much outrage. ....Which puts my thinking along the same lines as Zaverxi, no release until May. Hope to be proven wrong, because that would suck.

With all the refusals I've been getting, I'm scared to breed, so I have nothing to do until we get a release. Yep. I'm pass bored.

I really hope we get a release next month, I think (hope) that we may have one on the 11th-12th of April, it's a nice mid-point, far enough away from an event to not be counted as an event dragon, but soon enough that we don't track down TJ's IP and force him to release dragons. tongue.gif

I really thought there was going to be a release this weekend, but it didn't happen. I even ended up accidentally messing up a gifting arrangement to prepare for it. Hopefully there is one next weekend.

I have been participating in the breeding events, working through IOUs, and steadily amassing CB dragons in the meantime, but I really would like a new release before May.

I've bred all my Prizes, Thuweds and other good stuff to the AP. I've eggs to the rafters on my Scroll. This is becoming more and more deadly dull.

When can we actually go hunting NEW eggs?!

It's been far too long since we've had new dragons to add. Yeh, the new design is nice. But as noted above, it does NOT compensate for the doldrums currently going on in the Cave. All these mass-breeding projects also don't compensate (not everybody likes MassBreeds) for the excitement of new dragons.

DULLSVILLE

Much of the fun has gone out of breeding new pairings with all of the Refusals, and while mass breedings can be fun when there are dragon sprites and lineages that a person likes/needs, just at the moment, I know that I personally really don''t feel up to the additional stress of trying a bunch of pretty new pairings I may not be able to replace, so lucky for me that I don't happen to much like most of the sprites slated for the next mass breedings of which I know, lol.

And, of course, people who don't like whichever particular mass-bred sprites are out of luck until the AP clears, and may not want to bother much with the biomes, since they often don't move a whole lot, and since a number of people aren't so much enjoying breeding these days, at least as far as new pairings go, new dragons would be even more welcome than otherwise.

Of course, new dragons, new pairings, but if you at least have enough of them and can easily get more replacements, Refusals aren't as stressful and discouraging, and new dragons always perk the site up and bring people back, if they know about it.

But there will be an Easter Event meaning lots of work for TJ and various spriters, so as stated by others, a New Release doesn't seem likely.

It's unfortuate...

*gets irrationally excited about the unusually long maintenance downtime*

*gets irrationally excited about the unusually long maintenance downtime*

You're so right... this is been 15 minutes or something. I'm used to having 5 minute maintenances. Don't think it's a release tho.

You're so right... this is been 15 minutes or something. I'm used to having 5 minute maintenances. Don't think it's a release tho.

Ended up being 20 minutes but it was nothing sad.gif Possibly preparation for a future event? We're not far off April 1st.

*hopes it was preparation for a weekend release*

Yeah it was probs preparation for april fools or festival of eggs

But Festival of Eggs is just getting pictures of eggs with which to do NOTHING. I'm SO much more interested in getting new dragons.

Did anyone else see how few people were in the biomes yesterday? Seems we're losing our player base.

Okay, but today there's 50 people on the AP and between 5 and 20 people on any given biome, which doesn't seem that out of the ordinary for midday on a Wednesday.

Still hoping we see larger releases instead of more frequent ones. It's a bit more exciting when you have to be more careful with your planning than just grab six or seven of the one new egg and wait around for the next release.

I think three breeds per release is the most I want to see (unless it's tied to something special like the DC birthday) because that would allow me to hopefully catch two of each and one extra of something. Beyond that, it'd be too hard trying to decide what to pick since most of the releases with three or more breeds/versions have at least one variety that I'll never see in cave again (like the Spessartines and Almandines).

I should have an empty scroll by this weekend just in case there is a release.

Honestly, I like the two breed releases best. I can generally get the two basic breeding pairs to start with, and it's not as frustrating as the three breed releases have been. That's how I (and many other people) got locked out of the CB Blusangs for so long. If I don't get it on the release day, it can take a very long time for me to get what I need. I just got my 7th CB last week out of the basic 8 I need for my scroll goals.

One breed can be like shooting fish in a barrel, two is perfect, three can be a very frustrating experience.

The one egg late November releases were good to fill the gap between Halloween and the Winter Holidays, (Nhiostrifes 2013, and Tri-Horn Wyverns 2012) and it would be nice to see mid-to-late January releases again (Chinese New Year) as well as monthly releases for March through September.

Lol, forgot about April Fool's Day - I hope we don't get a fake New Release with disappearing eggs for it. xd.png

If we're getting Commons in a Release, 2 or 3 breeds would be great, but the really beautiful sprites turn rare so quickly that I've kinda converted to the single egg Release as preferable, just in case.

The 7-day DC B-day Release worked because the Releases were staggered, so we could get 3 or 4 of each every day and have one or two pairs.

But then again, if people had initially been able to grab a couple of scroll-fulls of the various Coppers, there wouldn't have been such desperation to get more that trade prices shot up as radically as they did, causing fast catchers to focus on grabbing them for trade and making them even harder to catch than such a gorgeous sprite would likely have been anyway.

And CBs are essential for stairstep/CB Holiday and other mates as well as more complex lineage creation...

On the other hand, with a single Release, if people happen to not be taken with that particular sprite, they're kinda out of luck.

Drat, I seem to need 3 hands here...

But it's probably moot - after all, TJ has the Easter Event to worry about, after all the work with the lovely new scroll page, and he is also working full-time...

Edit: forgot to specifically mention my appreciation for some really good points above, including dragongrrl's about the one-egg Releases and hers, Jazeki's and others about the frequent impossibility of snagging eggs when Releases have been missed or when people can't grab multiple pairings.

I missed the Pyralspites, and would have NO CBs of two of the 3 types without the kindness and consideration of a very good friend with a fast work computer.

But after that, even she couldn't catch any more, so I felt both grateful and badly... sad.gif

And I would add that if we had that Time Based Egg Slot TJ had suggested, those of us with Gold Trophies would be able to catch 4 pairs of a single Release off the hop, which in many cases would likely do me and a number of others, depending on how much we liked/needed the sprite and for what, making it a little easier for those who missed out to catch theirs afterward when so many people wouldn't be on the look-out to fill out their pairings of those specific sprites.

Edited by Syphoneira

Edit: forgot to specifically mention my appreciation for some really good points above, including dragongrrl's about the one-egg Releases and hers, Jazeki's and others about the frequent impossibility of snagging eggs when Releases have been missed or when people can't grab multiple pairings.

I missed the Pyralspites, and would have NO CBs of two of the 3 types without the kindness and consideration of a very good friend with a fast work computer.

But after that, even she couldn't catch any more, so I felt both grateful and badly...  sad.gif

And I would add that if we had that Time Based Egg Slot TJ had suggested, those of us with Gold Trophies would be able to catch 4 pairs of a single Release off the hop, which in many cases would likely do me and a number of others, depending on how much we liked/needed the sprite and for what, making it a little easier for those who missed out to catch theirs afterward when so many people wouldn't be on the look-out to fill out their pairings of those specific sprites.

Yes to everything that you posted, but I'm going to address this part specifically.

With the Pyralspite release, I initially picked up more Spessartines than any of the other two Pyralspite variations. And then I was able to snag a few more Almadines and Spessartines in the days just after the release and then hadn't seen any since. I was gifted Almadines for Christmas for Secret Santa and that's it. Pyropes I at least see sit for a little bit before they're picked up. I think in all of the cases where dragons have seen one "rare" breed, the spriters have indicated that the dragon was never meant to be anything more than uncommon. Since this is the case, I think if more than two breeds are going to be released then they need to be commons--or what has initially been designated as commons. So even if people pick dragon breed one out of three to hone in on, there won't be a shortage in them immediately after the release.

I also think that an actual implementation of the extra egg slot suggestion would do any future releases good, allowing users to catch more dragons from the start and not have to worry so much about what happens after that initial release flood.

Edited by Jazeki

I just wish we knew in advance when there is (or isn't) a release, so we could breed and catch eggs without always fearing that we might have to abandon them for picking up a new egg that might be ultra-rare a few days after the release.

Regarding Easter... isn't that a fertility-related event...? So... a certain breed of dragons that have somehow become infertile some years ago... could miraculously get their fertility back?

I think that would be a great compromise between "no release because Easter event" and "release because OMG it has been SO LONG since we had one". smile.gif

Anyone taking bets for THIS weekend there being a Release?

I am! *prays to the internet gods that we'll have a release*

Anyone taking bets for THIS weekend there being a Release?

No, but I'll still let attrition make room on my scroll just in case, lol.

This makes for a terrible and chronic waste of egg-raising time, but what can you do?

There's always the chance, however slim it may be, and an unannounced Release is sure to come up just when you have eggs you don't want to drop but had probably better, in case the new ones are unobtainable later on.

I have only bred eggs on my scroll so they can be dropped if needed if there is a release. Two of them are my massively inbred reds and not as massively inbred but still inbred pinks lineages and there's plenty more where those came from. xd.png (derp derp)

Inbred with class.